• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► James Woods Confirms Voice Work on Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Aw... I love Hades so much. It breaks my heart to see that the man who brings his voice to life is trash.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
This is the good old separating art from artist case. Some can, others can't.

I can separate them just fine. The emotions I feel every time I hear Hades in the movie or the games aren't responsible for Woods' personal ideas, and negating them would just be detrimental to myself.
Do whatever you feel is right, but always try not to impose your own decision on the other side.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i just think about the person itselt i just think about the characther they voiicing if that person is bad

Mewfii

Maybe some time in Family Guy he could show up in a Hades costume and harass Peter some more, maybe for a Halloween episode

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think James Woods is one of the most disgusting human beings on the planet. I also think he is the only voice for Hades.

I wish it wasn’t this way. Having my money support a performance of his makes me feel like slime, but there are so many things in this world we give our money and time to that have awful people behind them. I’m hoping whatever role Hades has in KH3 is minimal at best just so I can take comfort in knowing James Woods couldn’t have gotten paid too much from his work on “Kingdom of Hearts” 3.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I think James Woods is one of the most disgusting human beings on the planet. I also think he is the only voice for Hades.

I wish it wasn’t this way. Having my money support a performance of his makes me feel like slime, but there are so many things in this world we give our money and time to that have awful people behind them. I’m hoping whatever role Hades has in KH3 is minimal at best just so I can take comfort in knowing James Woods couldn’t have gotten paid too much from his work on “Kingdom of Hearts” 3.
agreed i hope that this is end of the hercules in kingdom hearts and do something else for next saga so we dont have to hear james woods maybe if disney get the rights to percy jackson and ebbot the franchese they could have it raplace harcules

Dr_Mario64

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor." - Desmond Tutu

Woods is a horrible, horrible person. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to stop criticising him considering he makes his own personal feelings public.

As a general rule, I tend to stay out of situations I don't know or care enough about to make a positive impact. I consider myself a man of many skills, but solving political conflicts is not among them.

Also, I share the same opinion as other people. If you're opposed to James Woods as a person, that's fine. If you're not comfortable buying the game because of that, that's fine. If you think you can do something to fix the issue, then by all means, do what you must; I accept and encourage it. However, I must request that you do so elsewhere. All we were trying to do is have an innocent discussion about KH3; please don't ruin that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Let f*tang be an example. We will not tolerate any clear derogatory speech on this site towards anybody. I don’t care about your political leanings. We have a diverse group of users here from all walks of life, but constructive discussion is what I want out of any discussion here.

Also I see that getting political here is always going to be a source of contention so let’s make it clear now: Whatever you feel about James Woods is fine. Criticizing his views as a human being is fine. Praising him as an actor is fine. You agree with him? Fine. Be prepared to face the consequences of vocalizing those views if they are displayed in a hateful, dismissive manner.

Don’t care about him at all? Cool.

Shutting down discussion is not fine. If you don’t want to read people discuss this (it is clearly something that will be brought up regardless), either post your feelings about the actual subject of the discussion, which is that KH3’s VO work is currently happening, or make a new discussion if you are unhappy about the direction this topic is going.

Zul

Awards
Hmm....wasn't "Kingdom of Hearts" one of the early working titles for the series?

(searches)

Yep!

https://www.khinsider.com/news/Hidden-Treasure-The-Kingdom-Hearts-Design-Document-5697

I like it when VAs return, I know replacement voices aren't bad in themselves but they can be tough to get used to.

Speaking of replacement VAs, I'm more interested in MXs new voice. I hope they let him hear Nimoy's performance, and then let the actor do his own thing. The lack of those two things is what caused the early problems with Epcar imo.

ImVentus

Awards
I hope Hades meets his end in KH3.
I don't care if he's lord of the dead. I just want to feel good, knowing he perish from the story. And also fight him in a boss battle.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't think he will permanently die in KH3. If they want to still keep using Olympus after KH3 they will likely keep Hades around.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I don't think he will permanently die in KH3. If they want to still keep using Olympus after KH3 they will likely keep Hades around.
well if they want to keep the anicent greece style worlds in kh3 then if disney can get the right to fox ip then it good chance then they can get percy jackson ip and reboot the series and use it for kingdom hearts future saga

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I'd rather not think about Kingdom Hearts IV to be honest. A lot of the blockbuster Disney IP's seem to be used for this game, and it'd give me a headache thinking about the future of the series (not because I'm doubtful of the series success, but rather, I don't want to look that far ahead right now).

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Can they please not lol. Like...its less about Woods and more like, this seems to be the ultimate representation of a movie they have forced in 8 freaking times now, and they need to just let it go after this please lol. I'd rather bring back Halloween Town or Agrabah or Atlantica, doubly so if they get remade in these new graphics, as opposed to ever seeing Olympus after this...

And I love Hercules lol, but this world is the ultimate example of "let it die" in this series. Dunno why everyone always says that about Agrabah instead...I guess cuz its a desert??

Antar

Awards
Let f*tang be an example. We will not tolerate any clear derogatory speech on this site towards anybody. I don’t care about your political leanings. We have a diverse group of users here from all walks of life, but constructive discussion is what I want out of any discussion here.

Also I see that getting political here is always going to be a source of contention so let’s make it clear now: Whatever you feel about James Woods is fine. Criticizing his views as a human being is fine. Praising him as an actor is fine. You agree with him? Fine. Be prepared to face the consequences of vocalizing those views if they are displayed in a hateful, dismissive manner.

Eh, I don't think this was a good or fair decision. There was nothing hateful about what he said, though could be considered rude even though who even cares. A ton of people have said extremely rude and hateful things toward Woods including wishing he'd die and there were no repercussions. No "constructive discussion" there. This is all twisted.

Though I'm not calling for anyone to be banned, this is all silly. It's just plain to see how skewed towards one view this is which goes against the claims of diversity. Seems like it's all dishonest claims.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Eh, I don't think this was a good or fair decision. There was nothing hateful about what he said, though could be considered rude even though who even cares. A ton of people have said extremely rude and hateful things toward Woods including wishing he'd die and there were no repercussions. No "constructive discussion" there. This is all twisted.

Though I'm not calling for anyone to be banned, this is all silly. It's just plain to see how skewed towards one view this is which goes against the claims of diversity. Seems like it's all dishonest claims.

I low-key see what your saying till you claim the view is skewed to those who "go against diversity", cuz that is an objectively rude and bad thing to do. Like there is no "other side" either you are nice and don't judge people based on how they were born, or you do lol. Its rather simple. Supporting bigots is not "diversity."

The whole wishing death thing was a lot though, that I can agree with. But I once again don't agree that what f'tang said not being hateful...like he was using a rude term to insult people who are mad at a shitty person being involved in something they enjoy. He was clearly trying to start shit, and implying people who are upset about this are being "dramatic" or whatever.

Zul

Awards
I low-key see what your saying till you claim the view is skewed to those who "go against diversity", cuz that is an objectively rude and bad thing to do. Like there is no "other side" either you are nice and don't judge people based on how they were born, or you do lol. Its rather simple. Supporting bigots is not "diversity."
??

I thought the post meant "banning ftang and not chuman goes against the claim that this thread is welcome to diverse views so long as they're posted constructively". Both of those posts are non-constructive and only one got penalized.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Besides James Woods political beliefs, I'm just happy that Hades true voice is returning.

They're like two different people if you think about it. I never knew who James Woods was when I watched Hercules or played Kingdom Hearts when I was little, I just saw Hades. I'll just see Hades as Hades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back