• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► James Woods Confirms Voice Work on Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The Lord of the Dead has broken the silence on the English voice recording for Kingdom Hearts 3.

In a tweet, James Woods confirmed that he has been working on a new Kingdom Hearts video game. Hades was previously seen in the Orchestra Trailer that released in June 2017.

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i just saw this and wish he would confirm himself getting fucked. god i hate jame wood

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Kingdom of Hearts? Is that really what he thinks the series is called XD?
Like his opinions on the wellbeing of good people, he just doesn't care.

It's nice to know Hades will retain his original voice but he is a gross human being so it's a horrible thing to be celebrating. But take away from this: it is good knowing now that voice work is underway.

Sdog

Awards
Not even mad he referred to it as "Kingdom of Hearts", just glad this stage of production is well underway. Sorry you weren't first to break the silence, Jesse.

Awards
We did it kids

5CC2sdq.gif

we will have this game, it is real

5CC2sdq.gif

Alja

Like his opinions on the wellbeing of good people, he just doesn't care.

It's nice to know Hades will retain his original voice but he is a gross human being so it's a horrible thing to be celebrating. But take away from this: it is good knowing now that voice work is underway.
Celebrating the voice acting being in the works isn't celebrating him as a person. And I don't think there's a point to speak about his politics every time he is mentioned somewhere. First and foremost, he's a voice actor and his function as such is the only thing that is important to KH3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Celebrating the voice acting being in the works isn't celebrating him as a person. And I don't think there's a point to speak about his politics every time he is mentioned somewhere. First and foremost, he's a voice actor and his function as such is the only thing that is important to KH3.
It's still a shit feeling knowing that he is getting a pay check for this while he spouts racist, homophobic, and transphobic viewpoints. I'm happy that Hades original VA is returning, but I'm not happy that this nutjob is getting money while he dehumanises and insults so many.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
It used to be cute when James Woods talked about how he would always be there to voice Hades and showed his commitment to the character. Then somebody let him discover Twitter.

And I don't think there's a point to speak about his politics every time he is mentioned somewhere.
There's definitely a point. Woods makes his politics public. He doesn't get to hide behind the veil of professionalism. If he wants to dish it out, he deserves to be called to task. Let it stick.

Alja

It's still a shit feeling knowing that he is getting a pay check for this while he spouts racist, homophobic, and transphobic viewpoints. I'm happy that Hades original VA is returning, but I'm not happy that this nutjob is getting money while he dehumanises and insults so many.
As I am sure everyone is aware as of now. It doesn't change anything though, he's in the cast and that's it. As long as it doesn't affect his work for this series, I just think this has been talked about enough.
There's definitely a point. Woods makes his politics public. He doesn't get to hide behind the veil of professionalism. If he wants to dish it out, he deserves to be called to task. Let it stick.
You can do all of this, but I don't think a KH3 board is the place to do that, that's all I'm trying to say.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I mean, I think the fandom should definitely care more about the people who make the games, and that includes the good and the bad. And better to vocally condemn heinous actions and beliefs from those people, than be silent and allow them to go unchecked. What kind of values would we have as a community if we didn't?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
There's no chance of hearing from a voice actor from an unrevealed world right? Just wanted to make sure.

No, there's just as good a chance as any other character. None of them are supposed to be talking about it at all.

You can do all of this, but I don't think a KH3 board is the place to do that, that's all I'm trying to say.
Staff thinks it's okay to mention it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor." - Desmond Tutu

Woods is a horrible, horrible person. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to stop criticising him considering he makes his own personal feelings public.

My September prediction seems increasingly likely.
Square Enix already has Dragon Quest XI and Shadow of the Tomb Raider coming out in September. It is highly unlikely they will throw a third game in there. A niche Japanese series just getting an English release and a Western flagpole game are thankfully different enough but Kingdom Hearts us a flagpole game for Square Enix and will release in both Japanese and English. It needs to be away from other SE games.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
You're totally free to follow your own conscience on that front, but there's no reason to expect people in this fandom who are negatively impacted by the kinds of statements he makes openly to stand by dispassionately when his name gets brought up in conjunction with the series. We can't do anything about his inclusion in the series except to express our distaste for it. So we'll do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back