• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Four words: Crimson Jazz is right.
It was the best movie i have ever seen, we are going to go see it again we loved it so much.
I ended up falling in love with the world of Pandora, as well as having a deep feeling towards the Na'Vi in general, even though they are fictional charaters.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Saw this several hours ago.

Man, I enjoyed the whole damned thing, but it's length meant I was needing to take a piss for the whole second half of it.

Anyway, this is certainly my favourite movie of the year, and also now among my top five favourites.

It just seems to have done so many things just so right.

The animals rushing to assist in the aerial and forest battles didn't seem any kind of cheesy or corny, but rather just awesome, probably mostly because of the hammerhead rhinocerous things pancaking the mechs.

A

Azrael

I'm going to see this movie.

I had my doubts about Nightcrawler lookalikes but hey it seems that James Cameron hasn't lost the magic.

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
I just saw this, and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but: This is like the Star Wars of our time.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
It says on the Wikipedia website that if the Avatar movie goes well that Jim has two more sequels planned, and since the movie made an estimated $232,180,000 its opening weekend, the ninth largest opening-weekend gross of all time, im thinking he might make the sequels.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
It says on the Wikipedia website that if the Avatar movie goes well that Jim has two more sequels planned, and since the movie made an estimated $232,180,000 its opening weekend, the ninth largest opening-weekend gross of all time, im thinking he might make the sequels.
It still hasn't reclaimed it's budget, though. That's why Superman Returns never got a sequel. It only just made it's budget back.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
I know but it is just the opening weekend and it will be out for another month or so or however many months it will be out.
I know my money is part of that sum and even more of my money is going to be part of another sum because i am going back to see again.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
It still hasn't reclaimed it's budget, though. That's why Superman Returns never got a sequel. It only just made it's budget back.

Yeah, and the bugdet's around $500,000,000. 200 million more than what Pirates 3's bugdet was. But you can clearly see why.
Edit: Apparently the bugdet's $237 million, damn magazine I read was wrong

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
I saw this movie on Sunday, then again on Monday. Holy shit this movie was damn good. Definitely one of the best I've seen this whole year. The scenery was freaking beautiful. And really, this movie held my interest from start to finish. Great movie. I would love to see this in IMAX....

Radon

mofo
I've got to see this at IMAX. But I need to just see it I guess. Maybe this weekend.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
So after hearing how I raved about the movie, both my mum and my dad now want to watch it with me.
I get to see it a second tme =D

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
Man, I enjoyed the whole damned thing, but it's length meant I was needing to take a piss for the whole second half of it.

God yes! Largest frickin soda in the theater+ smallest frickin bladder in the world= maximum discomfort

But it was worth holding it. ^.^

I have to say, I didn't expect it to be so good, but I'm glad I went to see it.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Did this movie not remind anyone else of Final Fantasy worlds? <.< Just saying.

Yeah, it was pretty good. But I'm a hard person to impress as far as movies go. Actually, as far as anything goes. I won't say it's the best movie I have ever seen, but I will probably say it's among the top I have seen this year. 2009 had crappy movies anyway.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I will always remember this as the movie that I snuck Subway into.

Anyway, it was pretty good. Nothing mind-blowing, but I was happy when I left the building.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I thought it was alright. Nothing phenomenal, but it paced itself surprisingly well. Didn't realize it was 3 hours long until after it was over.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
If there are sequels planned, I hope at least they will be better than the original.

Sequels tend to fuck up a lot. (Spiderman anyone?)

And if the first one took over a decade to make I wonder how much sequels would take.

I doubt very long, the first one took so long because he was waiting for the proper technology to be invented. Now that's it's out, a sequel will probably be here in the coming years

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I heard a bunch of hype for this, but I honestly thought it was even better than my friends said it was.

On a sidenote: Is there something wrong with me if I found the blue lady attractive (I think it's spelled Naturi, or something to that effect)? Maybe it's just because I could see Zoe Saldana in her, though I've never been that attracted to her. XD

αsiя

space coke
If there are sequels planned, I hope at least they will be better than the original.

Sequels tend to fuck up a lot. (Spiderman anyone?)

And if the first one took over a decade to make I wonder how much sequels would take.

Spider Man 2 was considered one of the best sequels
Spider Man 3 is a whole different story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back