• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I wonder why we never fight Vanitas in Terra's story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Don't count the final battle because that was technically part of Xehanort's battle

I mean think about it. Xehanort said Vanitas was the true enemy and Terra never even fought him. Weird, huh?

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Probably because Vanitas didn't really have much reason to fight Terra.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Terra was Xehanort's target for "body-snatching", no way the old geezer would risk it that Vanitas damages something...Vanitas was only so often in Aqua's scenario because she
1) was a substitute for making the x-blade if Ven would prove useless (or died during the process).
2) Aqua didn't have a personal enemy.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Personally I think Xehanort knew Terra was capable of killing Vanitas. After all, MX told Terra that Vanitas was causing chaos across the worlds and had to be killed. And considering he needed him for the X-Blade, MX didn't want to lose his apprentice.

To be fair Terra fights him for a little bit in the final battle.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@chasespicer056:
Your reasoning makes actually more sense...MX still needed Vanitas at least to forge the x-blade so he couldn't risk him being defeated by Terra.
If everything would have went according to MX's plan with Terra fully subdued, Aqua dead and Ven enslaved by Vanitas MX would no doubt have the x-blade claimed for himself, but that's another story...^_^

Ikkin

Bronze Member
@chasespicer056:
Your reasoning makes actually more sense...MX still needed Vanitas at least to forge the x-blade so he couldn't risk him being defeated by Terra.

I think it's a combination of both, actually.

Terra beats Vanitas = dead Vanitas = no X-blade.

Vanitas beats Terra = dead Terra = no replacement body.

It's pretty much a bad scene for Xehanort all around if those two fight, so he makes sure it never happens (until the end, when he's there to make sure it won't go too far).

Of course, I'm not convinced that Terra would be capable of actually killing Vanitas. He and Aqua are supposed to be on the same level, and she had trouble with Vanitas. And, if he knocked Vanitas out, he probably wouldn't be able to finish him off, because he's just too nice for that.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I think it's a combination of both, actually.

Terra beats Vanitas = dead Vanitas = no X-blade.

Vanitas beats Terra = dead Terra = no replacement body.

It's pretty much a bad scene for Xehanort all around if those two fight, so he makes sure it never happens (until the end, when he's there to make sure it won't go too far).

Of course, I'm not convinced that Terra would be capable of actually killing Vanitas. He and Aqua are supposed to be on the same level, and she had trouble with Vanitas. And, if he knocked Vanitas out, he probably wouldn't be able to finish him off, because he's just too nice for that.

I'm not so sure. Terra nodded his head in agreement when MX said "AND BRING AN END TO HIM!!!"

Aqua, according to Eraqus at least, isn't quite as strong as Terra. In my opinion though, Terra was the strongest fighter we saw in BBS. I don't think MX was holding back when he fought him the final time. He wouldn't have been panting like that if he was. His plan was probably to knock out Terra and THEN take over his body.

Crystal

Silver Member
Terra was Xehanort's target for "body-snatching", no way the old geezer would risk it that Vanitas damages something...Vanitas was only so often in Aqua's scenario because she
1) was a substitute for making the x-blade if Ven would prove useless (or died during the process).
2) Aqua didn't have a personal enemy.

Why is she become a substitute of making the X-blade?
Even the creation of X-blade is not sucessful, Master Xehanort still has another back up which is Princesses of Heart?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I thought it was cuz Terra would man him up :/

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I'm not so sure. Terra nodded his head in agreement when MX said "AND BRING AN END TO HIM!!!"

Aqua, according to Eraqus at least, isn't quite as strong as Terra. In my opinion though, Terra was the strongest fighter we saw in BBS. I don't think MX was holding back when he fought him the final time. He wouldn't have been panting like that if he was. His plan was probably to knock out Terra and THEN take over his body.

It rather seems to me that killing someone is something easier said than done, especially for someone like Terra, who likes to think that he's tougher than he really is. He wouldn't hold back in a fight, but if Vanitas was on the ground, I seriously doubt that he'd finish the job.

And, is that really the case? The fantranslation made it sound that way, but that line was different in the English release, and he said something about how "when equal powers clash, their true nature is revealed" which hints to the contrary. She also managed to put Terranort's sword arm out of commission when he was at his most powerful (judging by the moves he uses in the Final Episode fight compared to Terra's final boss) without even being short of breath.

As for Master Xehanort... intense physical pain from Keyblade-inflicted trauma would probably leave him out of breath even if he wasn't physically exerting himself to his fullest extent (which isn't to say that he was holding back, just that that's no reason to think that he wasn't, especially considering how badly Terra got beaten in the scene from the KH2FM+ secret ending). And I very strongly contest the idea that Xehanort planned on knocking Terra out before stealing his body. The man clearly gets some kind of sick enjoyment out of making Terra utterly miserable and acting like he should be thankful for it - he'd probably find the idea of possessing an unresisting Terra unsatisfying. x_x Besides, Aqua never fought him, so it doesn't provide a good comparison anyway.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It was because Nomura did not want it to go like that. But seriously, Xehanort would have been out a plan if they fought; like Ikkin said.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Even the creation of X-blade is not sucessful, Master Xehanort still has another back up which is Princesses of Heart?

She would have been a good substitute person do to the same thing Xehanort did with Ven's heart. She has enough Light that the Darkness can be removed and Vanitas can fuse with her.

Crystal

Silver Member
She would have been a good substitute person do to the same thing Xehanort did with Ven's heart. She has enough Light that the Darkness can be removed and Vanitas can fuse with her.

Is it necessary to do so ?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Because Vanitas was busy being Aqua's mandatory boss fight. Terra had his own.

Ikkin said:
She also managed to put Terranort's sword arm out of commission when he was at his most powerful (judging by the moves he uses in the Final Episode fight compared to Terra's final boss) without even being short of breath.

I find it hard to judge powers like that. I find the way the characters' conditions after battles to be inconsistent and absurd. :v

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I find it hard to judge powers like that. I find the way the characters' conditions after battles to be inconsistent and absurd. :v

Well, yeah, but you could say just the same about Xehanort's condition after fighting Terra. Which is why I think the important thing is that Eraqus suggested they were equal in the official translation and Ven got a vision of them fighting when he was thinking about how equally matched Zack and Herc were.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Though that WOULD mean that Vanitas, and therefore, Ven, are stronger than the both of them combined, seeing how Aqua basically passed out after fighting Vanitas :p
So I just don't like that portrayal. What's said is easier to accept than that.

Hense90

No, because the two persons that forge the keyblade needs to have equal powers... and none of the princesses would stand a chance against Vanitas, that's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back