• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How many worlds?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
That's what sold me on the idea of more worlds yet to announce as from what Nomura has said we still have 3-4 POH unaccounted for which also adds possibility for Princess and the Frog which is great.

At this point I'd be disappointed if Princess and the Frog didn't make the final cut. Both because of the PoH plotline and the fact that there are less 2D films this time around. And, PatF would provide some amazing environments.

Paige712

At this point I'd be disappointed if Princess and the Frog didn't make the final cut. Both because of the PoH plotline and the fact that there are less 2D films this time around. And, PatF would provide some amazing environments.

Exactly! Plus a Dr Facilier boss would be really neat.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If not PatF then Brave seems like the next likely canidate for a Princess world. A keyblade bow and arrow transformation is too good to pass up

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Exactly! Plus a Dr Facilier boss would be really neat.

I kinda see "The Friends on the Other Side" being a more likely boss than him. I also see Brave being just as likely for a final PoH world.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If not PatF then Brave seems like the next likely canidate for a Princess world. A keyblade bow and arrow transformation is too good to pass up

Brave seems too thematically similar to Tangled as the forst world, I'm more inclined to believe that The Princess and the Frog is going to be the next world revealed. The bow and arrow transformation could be used by a link summon like Robin Hood or even Merida.

danifedz

Nomura has commented in several interviews that the world of chess in an original world, he also did the summer of last year (Near the announcement of Toy-Box) so it does not seem to be ruled out. In addition, the world of chess continues to appear in trailers. Probably this world is "Cable Town" and it is finally available as a new original world (Or maybe it is extended "Land of Departure" as we have seen in other worlds)

I really hope that this world is not ruled out, because besides having a very good look they have not even discarded 2013 content (where they used luminous engine) and we also need a new original world!!

ghostwarmen

Awards
I kinda see "The Friends on the Other Side" being a more likely boss than him. I also see Brave being just as likely for a final PoH world.
I sure hope they don’t just make it his friends, I wanna fight him. Square could come up with a move set for him and he could use voodoo to really mess with Sora.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I think Princess and the Frog still has a likely chance to appear cause aside from the Unique environment you also get the final Keyblade of the Magic Form category in which we both have the Twilight Town and Tangled Keyblade respectively.

PatF is possible as we could get the final Keyblade of the Magic Form category in which we both have the Twilight Town and Tangled Keyblade respectively as the film does deal with Magic more or less Voodoo in the film which would make an interesting Keyblade transformation.

Brave will come down if its environment is too similar to the Tangled world due to the fact they are Forest level like environments and Nomura said in past interviews he wants the worlds, particularly the Disney worlds to be unique from one another. As far goes as Keyblade Transformation I dunno if their is one for the Brave, As the Yellow Jacket is primarily for Guard Form so perhaps it could go for a Speed form.

I'm more inclined to believe that The Princess and the Frog is going to be the next world revealed.
PatF still has a likely chance because:

1. We will get the final Keyblade of the Magic Form category as the film does deal with Magic more or less Voodoo very often which would make for an interesting Keyblade transformation.

2. It will balance out the Disney world roster because aside from Hercules we haven't got any new Disney world based on a Traditional animated film.

I kinda see "The Friends on the Other Side" being a more likely boss than him.
I doubt Nomura is going to pull a Frollo/CLU on Dr. Facilier cause I really want to fight him. At least Nomura didn't pull a "CLU" on Davy Jones for the PotC world.

I sure hope they don’t just make it his friends, I wanna fight him. Square could come up with a move set for him and he could use voodoo to really mess with Sora.
Me too it would be very reminiscent to Aqua's fight against the Magic Mirror in BBS or when battling her evil reflection in 0.2 BBS.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]I’m a huge proponent of Princess and the Frog. It has a great plot and characters, perfect KH villain, implementation of the Frog status effect from Final Fantasy and opportunities for a Jack Skellington summon and Haunted Mansion attraction. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The only thing I’m not sure about is whether the world would fit well with idea of verticality that they’ve spoken a lot about in regard to their world designs. In terms of vertical objects, the city of New Orleans would have buildings and stuff, but the bayou itself is mostly just trees. It makes me wonder if they might actually do semi-permanent transformations into frogs just while Tiana and Naveen are transformed. That way, the locations in the swamp would have more height due to Sora’s smaller size. Sora’s design could even be reminiscent of Frog from Chrono Trigger.[/FONT][/FONT]

mytomxxx

The only thing I’m not sure about is whether the world would fit well with idea of verticality that they’ve spoken a lot about in regard to their world designs. In terms of vertical objects, the city of New Orleans would have buildings and stuff, but the bayou itself is mostly just trees. It makes me wonder if they might actually do semi-permanent transformations into frogs just while Tiana and Naveen are transformed. That way, the locations in the swamp would have more height due to Sora’s smaller size. Sora’s design could even be reminiscent of Frog from Chrono Trigger.

I don't think verticality is a must have item for them, Corona doesn't look vertical for me.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think verticality is a must have item for them, Corona doesn't look vertical for me.

It actually is. There are a lot of cliffs and valleys that we’ve already seen in gameplay and we might see the dam area. Not to mention, the entire city is on a hill. It might not be as vertical as the floors of Galaxy Toys or Mt. Olympus, but there is a lot of varied terrain height. The bayou of New Orleans doesn’t really have this. It’s just flat swampland. At least to the human eye. For a frog, the perspective is a lot different and there would be much more variation.

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i'm curous if the boxart place inside kingdom hearts why does look a city is one the doe places we wont understand

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
i'm curous if the boxart place inside kingdom hearts why does look a city is one the doe places we wont understand

Well I remember back in KH2 the inside of Xemnas' kingdom hearts was a modern city as well. If that's the case for KH3 I'm sure Nomura will have his reasons.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Well I remember back in KH2 the inside of Xemnas' kingdom hearts was a modern city as well. If that's the case for KH3 I'm sure Nomura will have his reasons.

It would make sense for this to be the thing he’s wanted to do since the FF series since Insomnia from Versus XIII/FFXV was inspired by the same area in Tokyo, but he ultimately didn’t get to realize its concept and most of it was scrapped from FFXV.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
It would make sense for this to be the thing he’s wanted to do since the FF series since Insomnia from Versus XIII/FFXV was inspired by the same area in Tokyo, but he ultimately didn’t get to realize its concept and most of it was scrapped from FFXV.
a fantastssy inside a reality place huh that intresing view

mytomxxx

It actually is. There are a lot of cliffs and valleys that we’ve already seen in gameplay and we might see the dam area. Not to mention, the entire city is on a hill. It might not be as vertical as the floors of Galaxy Toys or Mt. Olympus, but there is a lot of varied terrain height. The bayou of New Orleans doesn’t really have this. It’s just flat swampland. At least to the human eye. For a frog, the perspective is a lot different and there would be much more variation.

When I can, I'll rewatch it, because there was nothing that pointing out to me "Look this verticality"

Yeah, every time I think about it, I'm more conviced that the box art is Kingdom Hearts.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
a fantastssy inside a reality place huh that intresing view

I mean, the more modern Final Fantasy entries are known for these kind of settings, yet they’re still fantasies. Look at Midgar, Luxerion, Arcadia, Insomnia, etc. I’m sure it wouldn’t just be like a replica of Tokyo in real life; there would still be those fantasy elements to it that would make it unique.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I mean, the more modern Final Fantasy entries are known for these kind of settings, yet they’re still fantasies. Look at Midgar, Luxerion, Arcadia, Insomnia, etc. I’m sure it wouldn’t just be like a replica of Tokyo in real life; there would still be those fantasy elements to it that would make it unique.
yeah true if that case i can see it close it self for good and give sora some sort of small power in case some people threaten it you know i always though it would be some sort of heaven

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back