• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How many worlds?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hlc1988

Awards
Ok, so I'm a little lost... do we have any idea of how many more worlds need to be revealed disney-wise?

So far we have:

Olympus
Toy Box
Monstropolis
Arendelle
San Fransokyo (sp?)
Twilight Town
Keyblade Graveyard ?
The Mysterious Tower, unless this is an extension of Twilight Town
The Dark World ?

Thanks @ghostwarmen for reminding me I forgot Tangled and Pirates!

Last edited:

ghostwarmen

Awards
You forgot Tangled & Pirates.

Tai Yasue stayed there would be more than 10 playable worlds. I could easily see another 2 explorable Disney worlds revealed, 1 minigame Disney world, and the rest being original. I’m thinking around 14-15 worlds total for this game.

hlc1988

Awards
You forgot Tangled & Pirates.

Tai Yasue stayed there would be more than 10 playable worlds. I could easily see another 2 explorable Disney worlds revealed, 1 minigame Disney world, and the rest being original. I’m thinking around 14-15 worlds total for this game.

I'd love to have Aladdin and the King of Thieves as a world. Finish off the trilogy... But I doubt that will happen.

and thank you for reminding me of the two I forgot!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Nomura stated there would be less Disney worlds then KH2, which had twelve. Ten always seemed like the most likely amount of Disney worlds in KH3. Though it would be nice if we got the actual number during tonight's stream.

kingsoraful

Awards
Nomura said KH3 has the most worlds in the series a while back. He followed this statement with saying that there would be less Disney Worlds then KH2. Which has led people to the conclusion there will be 10-11 Disney Worlds in KH3.

KH2 had 16 worlds, 12 of which were Disney. So that's where that all comes from. So there's still 2-3 Disney Worlds left to be revealed. Which at minimum means there will be 7 Original Worlds to go with that statement.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It's on the forum, you can find it by going back if you're curious but I'm not making it up.

The context is important though. In the quote I think you’re referring to, he said that in the early stages of development that there were more worlds being planned than KH2, but not all of those worlds would end up in the final product as things get cut during development.

kingsoraful

Awards
The context is important though. In the quote I think you’re referring to, he said that in the early stages of development that there were more worlds being planned than KH2, but not all of those worlds would end up in the final product as things get cut during development.

I don't think it's the same quote. The one you're referring to is one talking about the whole series in general, not about KH3. He specifically even said a couple months back and reinforced the whole thing, and said less Disney Worlds then KH2. Which suggests 10-11 Disney Worlds in KH3, and that's why many think 10 is the magic number.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

Not to mention, things get cut all the time due to legal reasons, time efficiency, technical difficulties and plot reasons. It could still be the same, but I don't think he's said anything like that within the last few months.

ActingDude17

I don't think it's the same quote. The one you're referring to is one talking about the whole series in general, not about KH3. He specifically even said a couple months back and reinforced the whole thing, and said less Disney Worlds then KH2. Which suggests 10-11 Disney Worlds in KH3, and that's why many think 10 is the magic number.

Why is 10 seen as any likelier than 11?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

No, I think you’re right about the number of Disney worlds. But not about there being more worlds overall than KH2. At least not fully explorable ones. The Dark Realm, for example, might be the Aqua fight and nothing more. So if that’s the case, I wouldn’t count that so much as world and more like an arena. Other worlds could either be like that or cutscene only. As far as fully playable worlds go, I think 13-14 is probably the number.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Yeah I scoured back a year+ of interviews and the only thing he said was that there were less disney worlds than KH2 but that overall their content was bigger. He didn't say anything about the overall number of worlds being greater than any other title.

[FONT=&quot]— By the way, this time you debuted the Toy Story world, but other than Disney worlds, will there be any new original worlds?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nomura: In a previous trailer, there was a scene where Xehanort and Eraqus from their earlier years are together playing a game like chess. That world is an original world. This time, the number of Disney worlds themselves are fewer than KH2, but the overall content available in each world has become quite vast. They’ve truly become worlds you’ll be able to play until your heart is content.

[/FONT]

Awards
I think 7 Disney worlds is a nice, solid number. And it's the number of Disney worlds we currently have. Would they dare reveal more a mere 4 months before the game releases?

...............Oh my god, we only have 4 months before the game releases.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think 7 Disney worlds is a nice, solid number. And it's the number of Disney worlds we currently have. Would they dare reveal more a mere 4 months before the game releases?

...............Oh my god, we only have 4 months before the game releases.

I believe with DDD, the last Disney world announcement was in January 2012, two months before the game released.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
From 2015. It’s been years though so this shouldn’t be taken as a full on fact.

[FONT=&quot]Can we expect far more worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nomura:With every Kingdom Hearts title, we plan to deliver more worlds than actually appear in game -- so we have something in our pockets to work with. Then as we begin to hone these worlds and stages, and some do get cut. [At this point], we have prepared more worlds, in that respect, than Kingdom Hearts 2.

https://www.khinsider.com/news/Tetsuya-Nomura-s-Kingdom-Hearts-3-Interview-with-Engadget-5539
[/FONT]

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I believe with DDD, the last Disney world announcement was in January 2012, two months before the game released.
Same could be said about BBS when Olympus Coliseum was the last Disney world to be officially announced just one month before the game came out.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Same could be said about BBS when Olympus Coliseum was the last Disney world to be officially announced just one month before the game came out.

Wait didn’t we see Olympus in trailers in like 2007? I know it was cutscenes that changed locations but I thought it was always suggested that Olympus would be in the game.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Wait didn’t we see Olympus in trailers in like 2007? I know it was cutscenes that changed locations but I thought it was always suggested that Olympus would be in the game.
True and there was an interview by Nomura confirming the world was going to be in BBS, again it's been years since I've looked through the interviews of BBS but I think they were either a 2007 or 2008 interview from Nomura where he talked about the world making its return for the game and it would feature a Young Hercules (in his teen years). It just wasn't until December 2009 through the Jump Magazines and Famitsu articles and the Jump Festa trailer where we Officially got the rest of the world revealed just one month before the game came out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back