• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How many worlds?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaXOmega

Bringing back Aladdin instead of giving Lilo and Stitch a full world would be idiotic. Nomura knows everybody is sick of Aladdin.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Same could be said about BBS when Olympus Coliseum was the last Disney world to be officially announced just one month before the game came out.

...Olympus was revealed in one of the very first trailers for BBS with the older concept in 2007 at TGS 2007.

[video=youtube;uSkHiwpzzPo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSkHiwpzzPo[/video]

Edit: ah, I see what you meant now. That doesn’t really take away the fact that we knew about the world for years. “Officially” announcing it was more of a formality of marketing and not them revealing it for the first time, which is what matters more in the end.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Bringing back Aladdin instead of giving Lilo and Stitch a full world would be idiotic. Nomura knows everybody is sick of Aladdin.
Well to be fair Aladdin is the 2nd most recurring Disney World in the KH series behind Olympus having appeared in almost every game except BBS and DDD. Not to mention it will provide closure to the world by adapting the third movie, the King of Thieves just like how Olympus and the Pirates worlds are set to conclude their storylines in the game, in addition its also the Desert level which makes it distinct from the other Disney worlds.

But I wouldn't mind seeing Lilo & Stitch appear where they could either have it take place in Hawaii or continue the storyline from BBS by having it set in space where Stitch is still being hunted by the Galactic Federation alongside Jumbaa and Pleakley, not to mention visiting the other locations from the original film and franchise such as Planet Turo, Jumba's Lab and the Asteroid Prison.

I could see Vexen be a potential Darkness for this world given that much like Jumbaa he has been known to create life forms and experiments. Secondly it would be our Sci-Fi world in the game and it's keyblade could belong to either the Guardian or Speed form category.

Last edited:

horto12485

Awards
Well the grouped together worlds. Early, Middle and Late.

Early = Hercules, Twilight Town, Toy Story and Monsters Inc.

So going by this we can assume that the stages are going to be grouped in 4. Each having 3 Disney and 1 Original. Then to round it up to 13 (as this is a significant number in the series) we'd probably have the final original world, taking up the total tally to 13 worlds with 9 Disney and 4 Original.

Yes we can All Agree with 9 Disney Worlds and 4 Original Worlds that does add up to 13 Worlds because i remembered Nomura saying that there would be 3 Sets of Worlds with 3 Of them being Disney in each Set and One Original World in each set so...

Early= Hercules, Twilight Town (Unless we go to the Mysterious Tower first to get Sora's New Clothes before heading to Twilight Town), Toy Story and Monsters Inc.

Middle= Original World, Tangled, Frozen ??? (Possibly a Princess World)

Late: The Caribbean, Unknown Disney World, San Fransokyo (Final Disney World), Final World

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think 9 fully explorable worlds is the magic number because of the comments about 9-10 worlds spread over three portions of the game. A tenth is likely to be a minigame world or a subworld. But even 8 plus 1 minigame world wouldn’t surprise me at this point. Regardless, I agree with Alpha that the total world count will likely be 13, not including cutscene only or one time battle arenas like the RoD might be. Considering this game seems to be a realizaton of what KH1 wanted to accomplish, it would be appropriate for it to have the same amount of worlds as that game.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Four original worlds? At this point I can see Destiny Islands, Radiant Garden, Keyblade Graveyard as fully playable worlds. There is also the matter of Cable Town and the final world Nomura spoke of(unless those two are one in the same)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Four original worlds? At this point I can see Destiny Islands, Radiant Garden, Keyblade Graveyard as fully playable worlds. There is also the matter of Cable Town and the final world Nomura spoke of(unless those two are one in the same)

It could be that Keyblade Graveyard and the final world count as one if the former is the entrance to the other. I think the originals will be Twilight Town, two of either Radiant Garden, Cable Town, or Box Art World, and finally Keyblade Graveyard/Kingdom Hearts.

I am actually pretty convinced that the box art world will appear because a) it could be where the KH versions of the TWEWY characters live and b) it could be more of Nomura implementing ideas from Versus XIII with Insomnia being mostly gutted from FFXV. Both Shibuya in TWEWY and Insomnia from FFXV are based on the Shibuya/Shinjuku area of Tokyo that the KH3 box art is inspired by. So yeah, it just seems like more ideas from other games bleeding into this series.

Last edited:

ImVentus

Awards
Would be nice to have 2 new original worlds that haven't appeared before (excluding the one Nomura always wanted to make & Cable Town)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It could be that Keyblade Graveyard and the final world count as one if the former is the entrance to the other. I think the originals will be Twilight Town, two of either Radiant Garden, Cable Town, or Box Art World, and finally Keyblade Graveyard/Kingdom Hearts.

I am actually pretty convinced that the box art world will appear because a) it could be where the KH versions of the TWEWY characters live and b) it could be more of Nomura implementing ideas from Versus XIII with Insomnia being mostly gutted from FFXV. Both Shibuya in TWEWY and Insomnia from FFXV are based on the Shibuya/Shinjuku area of Tokyo that the KH3 box art is inspired by. So yeah, it just seems like more ideas from other games bleeding into this series.

I still think Radiant Garden is likely due to Nomura's comments that FF characters new and old would be in KH3. And Radiant Garden is where the majority of them live

In regards to the city shown in the box art, I that may actually be the inside of Kingdom Hearts. Would explain why the actual moon is absent

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I still think Radiant Garden is likely due to Nomura's comments that FF characters new and old would be in KH3. And Radiant Garden is where the majority of them live

In regards to the city shown in the box art, I that may actually be the inside of Kingdom Hearts. Would explain why the actual moon is absent

That’s a really good observation. Could be!

mytomxxx

Nomura did say there will be more disney worlds to be revealed, didn't? I'm expecting 9 worlds, 3 early, 3mid, 3end game. As every world have a lot of minigames, I'm not so sure we will have a mini game world, although we did get leaked, so I don't know what to think.

And for the size of the worlds, that is isn't necessary at all to have more worlds than kh2. Just Toy Box is the size of half of kh2 worlds toguether.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What if Cable Town is an extended Land of Departure? It gets restored, and Sora, Donald and Goofy visit The Land of Departure/Cable Town after it's been restored. Could be a great catalyst to trigger the trios memories of Chain of Memories.

mytomxxx

I think we will see at least a cutscene of Castle Oblivion returning to be LoD

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
What if Cable Town is an extended Land of Departure? It gets restored, and Sora, Donald and Goofy visit The Land of Departure/Cable Town after it's been restored. Could be a great catalyst to trigger the trios memories of Chain of Memories.

I think we’ll be going to CO with Aqua after Sora saves her. I think Sora is in the process of waking Ven when Aqua is attacked by Vanitas. I’d rather Cable Town be a new world that is actually populated. LoD wasn’t in BBS aside from Eraqus and TAV, so it shouldn’t be when it is restored either. I’m also pretty sure it was said that the chess scene does not take place in Land of Departure and those who saw footage of Cable Town saw the room with chess board there. So that means Cable Town isn’t LoD.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Regarding the original worlds, we've seen around 8-9 from the trailers we've seen so far, plus "Cable Town":

• Twilight Town
  • Radiant Garden
  • The Unnamed Original world where Young Xehanort and Eraqus play chess (unless if that is Cable Town, correct me if I'm wrong).
  • Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion
  • Destiny Islands
  • Realm of Darkness/Dark Margin
  • The place where Kairi and Lea are doing there training
  • Cable Town
  • The Keyblade Graveyard/Final World (Unless if the Keyblade Graveyard is separate from the Final world I still think I considered the world as a passage to the game's final world

Twilight Town is so far the ONLY original world revealed to be explorable but what about the rest? As For Process of Elimination it seems that Riku and Mickey's time in the Realm of Darkness (unless if we get to play as Riku during the time being) and their encounter with Dark Aqua will probably be seen in cutscenes, unless if they battle her in an Arena like area in the Dark Margin much like the latest Gameplay footage of Sora confronting Aqua. So until we get more info the Realm of Darkness

Radiant Garden, even if the files leak back in December only listed 6 files of the Computer room of Ansem the Wise's lab, it seems we'll be coming back to this world and have SDG interact with Leon and the gang and the rest of the inhabitants of this world, along with the fact we will be exploring some areas from the world that are brand new much like how Twilight Town is set to include new areas in KH3 that were previously inaccessible in KH2.

Keyblade Graveyard looks to be a playable area, but I really see it as a pathway to the game's Final World.

The opening scene with Young Xehanort and Eraqus playing Chess is a new original world whether it is "Cable Town" or a different never before seen world seems like it will be seen in cutscenes, unless if this is the actual "Cable Town" just like the one Sora explored in the exclusive KH3 footage shown to attendees behind closed doors during the KH 2.5 Event in. But in an interview, Nomura said back then that some worlds (be it Disney and Original) ended up being removed for time constraints, or story issues.

The area that Kairi and Lea/Axel were training at is confirmed to be a new area that is inaccessible to the player as confirmed by Nomura in an E3 interview so it's Cutscene ONLY.

Destiny Islands, The Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion are undecided, tbh, they either will be playable or just primarily seen in cutscenes. So who's to say until Jump Festa and when the game comes out we'll know for sure, but I have a hunch LoD/CO might be cutscene only unless if it's playable otherwise

Original 4 Worlds that are playable in KH3:

• Twilight Town
  • Radiant Garden
  • "Cable Town"?
  • Keyblade Graveyard/The Final World

Seen in Cutscenes/Arena-like area:
  • Realm of Darkness (Unless if we play as Riku)

50/50:
  • Destiny Islands
  • Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Hopefully 10 Disney worlds, 3 original worlds. Only 9 Disney worlds will be disappointing, tbh. Hopefully KH4 won't take 4ever after this saga's over if it is only 9 Disney worlds. It'll be nice to play a game without all the Xehanort / trios baggage again.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
My hope is for ten Disney worlds and five original(Twilight Town, Destiny Island, Radiant Garden, Cable Town, Keyblade Graveyard/Final World). Nomura might not limit himself to thirteen worlds for thematic purpose.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Hopefully 10 Disney worlds, 3 original worlds. Only 9 Disney worlds will be disappointing, tbh. Hopefully KH4 won't take 4ever after this saga's over if it is only 9 Disney worlds. It'll be nice to play a game without all the Xehanort / trios baggage again.
Perhaps it will be 9 main Disney worlds in the early, middle, late set with 3 of them in each set. The other 10th Disney world could be a subworld/mini-game world such as 100 Acre Wood, of course, we don't know if it will be the mini-game world once again as even if the world was in the leaks back in December it only had 4-6 files of 100 Acre Wood that were related to Rabbit's house. There have been recent discussions on the other forums that Winnie the Pooh could be a summoning Link instead due to Sora's strong connection with him and/or the world itself could appear in some shape or form but not as an actual Disney world much like how it ONLY appeared as a command board mini-game in BBS.

But It seems that Alpha Baymax and Zip have a point here it will ONLY, and ONLY be 9 Disney worlds and 4 original worlds in Kingdom Hearts III, as a nod to the First game where it had 9 Disney worlds and Four Original worlds.

My hope is for ten Disney worlds and five original(Twilight Town, Destiny Island, Radiant Garden, Cable Town, Keyblade Graveyard/Final World). Nomura might not limit himself to thirteen worlds for thematic purpose.
That's how I envision it 9 Main Disney worlds with one of them being a subworld and the remaining 4-5 being Original Worlds, let's see what Famitsu and the other articles have to say when they interview Nomura in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back