• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you face your fears?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

When you are scared you...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
This is really dumb but I've always hated worms with a passion (parasitic and non parasitic) they are just disgusting.

This is even stupider but sometimes I fear the future. I fear that I may affect the world for the worse and not the better.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Well I usually deal with it. Like I'm kinda afraid of the dark when I'm alone, but when I have people around I'm not afraid. Before I go to bed I just put the radio on because I can't go to sleep without some sort of noise.

But mostly deal with them later. I'm kinda an agoraphobic, but its only when I see bugs like spiders/wasps/hornets. But when I do see them I just walk away from them. I kill spiders now and then when I see them, but I usually I just leave them alone. But when I see cockroaches, that's when I run away from them. One of my biggest fears is waking up with cockroaches on my bed.

I'm also afraid of sharks so I avoid water where i can't touch the ground. When I'm in the situation where I can't touch the ground though, I say to myself: "Nothing is gonna happen, I'll be all right," but I alway picture seeing the shark under the water so that never works so I go in more shallow water. And this fear happened when I first watched Jaws.

Last edited:

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I usually just face my fears by imagining that they are there and then proceed to do whatever is I am doing. For example, I am scared of sharks, so I imagine that sharks can get out of floor, but I tell myself they aren't real and then just ignore them to complete my tasks.

O

Oberon

I tend to try and understand it more deeply in my own mind before attempting to face it in reality, if it is a fear that manifests as such.

It tends to help me relax more. :)

digimonlover101

I remember I tried facing my fear of bugs once. I went into a place where they had cages and cages of bugs. I went in and I decided to look at the centipedes then when I turned around my friend had walking sticks on his hands and I ran out in about ten seconds...I wish I ran as fast as I did then now because I need it in P.E.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I tend to try and understand it more deeply in my own mind before attempting to face it in reality, if it is a fear that manifests as such.

It tends to help me relax more. :)

If I was terrified of something and I had to face it, then this would be my response.

Disregarding bouts of recklessness, I always just think about something before tackling it

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Neither are ghosts or vampires

But people still get scared. Typically the unknown is more frightening to most people

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
Neither are ghosts or vampires

But people still get scared. Typically the unknown is more frightening to most people

Yep, though if they did exist I feel like I would shed off the fear immediately and go killing with a shotgun! But what's more important is the feeling of them actually existing making me not afraid, if they did exist. That's got something to do with the unknown though, right?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I try not to think about my fears too much. But if I'm faced with them I do what I can to the best of my possibilities; sometimes that means freaking out while it's all happening but at least it's getting dealt with.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
When I'm confronting someone, it isn't the most easiest thing for me to do. Usually, I'm anxious as hell. I wait until it's a good time to bring it up, and push myself into speaking. Just a word or two that gets ahold of said person(s) attention, and then I just get it off my chest.

I can't think of much else that scares me. I mean, you'd have to put a real live zombie in the same room as me, before seeing what I'd do. Or how I'd handle the situation.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I think I tend to stay away from anything that evokes fear in me, or, if I can, eliminate it altogether.

Because of an incident I've experienced when I was little, I for the life of me can't swim. Because of that, imagining that I have to wade or otherwise go through a deep body of water where I can't see the bottom is enough to send shivers down my spine. If I had to play at the beach, I would stay at the shallows and not venture too far; the farthest I would go is probably up to waist-high, lower if the water is murky. Similarly, if I were to ride a boat or ship, I would stay away from the sides at all times.

And I've got this rather weird fear of snails and slugs, or limbless slimy animals in general. If I came across some on the streets, I would circle around it and continue on my merry way. However, if I found one in the house, then I would grab a handful of salt and use it to kill the pest. If there's no salt, anything goes: sugar, soy sauce, detergent powder, hot water, just about anything that I can get my hands on. I wouldn't even think of relocating it outside, and the mess I would just leave to someone else to clear.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
When I was still afraid of the dark I would have my light on when I went to bed. Eventually I (3 years ago) I started sleeping with a torch under my pillow before I finally got over my fear. That doesn't mean I don't like turning lights on when I'm going down hallways or whatever though, my mind likes to play tricks on me.

My only other fear that I have is having another asthma attack. I haven't had one for a few years but the four that I have had have all come close to killing me, so I always remember to have my medication and go swimming once very two weeks (heated pools are the shiz) so I can make sure my chances of having another attack are much lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back