• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you face your fears?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

When you are scared you...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
The name says it all. How do you deal with one thing/many things that scares/scare the crap out of you? Explain your answer.
(damn, I have been posting a lot of threads lately haven't I?)
Anyway, I try to face my fears head-on. If I'm scared to talk to a girl, then i'll try to talk to her as often as possible until the fear wears off.

Katurian

I generally try to put off facing my fears as long as possible. My only big fear is being alone in the dark which I can avoid doing by making sure I friends around when I play on going in or around the dark lol but if I can't avoid it... then I simply ignore and tell myself i'm not afraid. That doesn't usually work... but ehh it's all i got

Fallen Prince

Well I've never really been brave....but since i lost my best friend i realized that I need to get out there. In my head i say "Hey, you don't need to say/do that...you don't. No one cares." Then I find myself in front of the person or thing already.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I have no fears, but if I did, I'd face them like this man.

kamina.jpg

Fortissimo

I avoid it first and prepare myself to deal with it and once I feel that I am ready, I face it head on. I used to be scared of a lot of things: people, judgments, rejection etc. But fearing it wasn't helping me, so I told myself to get over it and, in time, I did. When I feel that I am ready to face my fear, I put myself in a situation that I would normally be afraid of and I do my best to get past it.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
For me, fears are sometimes that fade away as time goes on, and it's just icing on the cake when I face my fear. I had huge phobia for dogs after I got bitten by one a few years back, but after taking care of my friend's dogs when she was away, I'm over it. My only big fear right now is becoming blind or cross-eyed. don't really know how to overcome that fear since my chances ovgoing blind increase as i age so eh >_>;

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
hmmm
not really sure
when i'm with friends i can really deal with em
like spiders or the dark
with friends,they don't affect me as much as compared to when im alone

impart

Climb The Sky
I avoid it, ether deal with it later or not at all.

most of the time

sometimes I just have to suck it up and kill a spider

E

Eyesore

Just accept them.
Death is my biggest fear, and I really have no choice but to deal with that.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
i hit my brother and suddenly the secret becomes clear.

for the record, the secret is vanilla.

jawz

I dive down into the deepest pit battling demons Dante's Inferno style.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Rationality and humour. Plus "praying" but my version of praying isn't the western norm of "oh God please help me..."

krexia

Translator
Awards
I have an irrational fear of swimming in opaque water. Well maybe not entirely irrational, given the sharks and jellyfish etc that live in Australia's waters.

In any case, one summer a friend and I went down to Brighton, where the water is all sandy and murky, and swam all the way around the Brighton Pier (over 500m long). I was literally shaking with adrenaline by the time I got out of the water, but I proved to myself that even if I can't prevent feeling irrational fear, I can overpower it.

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
I have a fear for spirits and ghosts although I've never seen one so I don't know if I can totally believe in them. But hearing stories about them scare me immensely, and when I was younger I couldn't sleep because of these stories. I'd make up a story in my mind with a cute cuddly teddy bear enjoying his day in the park or something to get myself to sleep, but it never worked because in the end my image of the teddy bear becomes distorted into some terrible scary monster and I had to tell myself "Okay, okay, it's okay." And somehow I'd go to sleep.

I hate bugs and lizards, so I get my parents or my brother to get rid of them. When I'm with my friends I'm not so scared of anything though. I usually just tell myself "It's okay, everything will be fine." when I'm scared, and everything does become okay.

MosesMohs

My biggest fear is debt. I usually like to have a job which keeps an income of money. Right now I don't have a job, so I am not spending any money except when I have to. If I were to run out of money, I would probably cry, get a job, and suck it up.

my 2 biggest fears are death and pain but no real way of overcoming it is there

PAIN IS TEMPORARY. GLORY IS EVERLASTING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back