• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VIII - "collect all the hot dogs"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
re: Final Fantasy VIII - "Y-YO, BRO! T-THEY'RE MAKIN' FUN OF US!"

Ok, now I feel bad. Don't be too bothered with levelling up, draw magic as much as possible, and DON'T sell the magic lamp.

lmao, i bought the game Wednesday, finished the 1st disk in 2 days. I don't really care for the draw system but its ok I guess. what are the best spells to keep?

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Replaying the game now :D

Kinda lame to play it on my PSP, so I think I will use Remote Joy Lite.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

I actually got around to finishing this game.
It only took me, what. Ten years?
It tends to help when you actually pay attention to the stats in junction, I guess.

Also, Griever + Shockwave Pulsar/ Ultimecia + Hell's Judgement can go die for all I care.

The game was enjoyable, but that's probably because it was the game that introduced me to the series. I did lose interest quite a few times though. The end of the second disk is basically the best the game had to offer for me. You sit there going, "Oh wow. This is pretty badass", and then the rest of the game didn't necessarily compare.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net

Oh those at the end weren't that bad.

If anything, Rinoa would cast Invincible moon on me and I'd kick the final bosses ass with Squall and her combined.

I didn't need anyone else.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

Oh those at the end weren't that bad.

If anything, Rinoa would cast Invincible moon on me and I'd kick the final bosses ass with Squall and her combined.

I didn't need anyone else.

No such luck for me.
I used two heroes on her though, one for the second stage and one for the last so when that happened she would be able to revive everyone with a mega-phoenix and then use a mega-elixer with no risk of her getting chewed out too. And then after that it was only a matter of tripling her spells, healing Quistis who would continue to deal some moderate damage, and then letting Squall's health lie down in the yellow so I could renzokuken constantly. God bless Lion heart.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net

Well I guess I was just lucky...?

Then again, everyone had the best of everything and their Junctions were really good lol.

Roxas9001

Bronze Member

always keep draw on because some bosses have GFs that u can't get again til the 4th disk

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com

Yes just found out I missed one lucky me I had save point before.

Oh and playing Cards was like gambling I just couldn't stop till I got 5 abyss worms. I Junctioned 100 Tornado's and Squall has 72 attack now :3

*Keriaku

re: Final Fantasy VIII - "collect all the hot dogs"

So.

I finally got to that mind screwy part at the end.

Yeh.

I ended up staying up late until 5am just reading theories and crap about that...part in the end.

It's so true, I played through FF8 last summer and right after finishing I definitely read through all the theories.
Even though it seems unlikely to be true, you should read the Ultimecia = Rinoa stuff on GameFAQS. (GameFAQs: Final Fantasy VIII (PS) Time/Ultimecia Plot FAQ by Sir Bahamut) Even if it might not be true, it's a good read that gets you thinking about the series, and the guy made me laugh a couple times reading through.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com

It's so true, I played through FF8 last summer and right after finishing I definitely read through all the theories.
Even though it seems unlikely to be true, you should read the Ultimecia = Rinoa stuff on GameFAQS. (GameFAQs: Final Fantasy VIII (PS) Time/Ultimecia Plot FAQ by Sir Bahamut) Even if it might not be true, it's a good read that gets you thinking about the series, and the guy made me laugh a couple times reading through.

Oh gosh, I actually read that and face-palmed at all the wank that was on various forums that talked about it, too.

It's an interesting theory, but I don't think it's true. If I remember correctly, the FFVIII Ultimania disproves this? Or I heard from someone that Square said somewhere specifically that Rinoa =/= Ultimecia.

But I can see why people would so desperately want Rinoa to be Ultimecia, because it would make the love story between Rinoa and Squall more tragic (plus it would add more character to Rinoa and Ultimecia, and more depth to the otherwise stale plot).

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards

It's an interesting theory, but I don't think it's true. If I remember correctly, the FFVIII Ultimania disproves this? Or I heard from someone that Square said somewhere specifically that Rinoa =/= Ultimecia.

You're right it has now been disproven thanks to the Ultimania. It was an excellent theory though.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards

Too bad it's the best one in the series. Too bad Squall is better then Cloud. But that's my opinion and I really careless what others say about it. FF8 is the best, storyline is adequate, and the gameplay is awesome.
You dare say that squall is better than Cloud? I challenge you to a duel

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net

And Squall is by far less emo/winey as Cloud.

At least he acts original and not mope.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Both characters are poot to be honest.

But I still like Cloud better.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards

And Squall is by far less emo/winey as Cloud.

At least he acts original and not mope.

Squal does nothing but mope, and Cloud isn't actually emo in the original game. I like FF8 but this is just surrendering to anti-hype.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net

....All he does for the rest of the game is mope about a girl he just met dieing....wow people die!

Squall, however, just is a little insecure because he lost Ellone at such a young age.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards

Why is this game so hard?! I'm always underleveled despite constant training, I can never seem to upgrade my weapons, and my GFs' Boost is annoying me. I just started replaying it, and I seriously don't remember it being this difficult! And I can't figure out why the hell Squall is level 26 while everyone else is just getting in the 20's...and they're somehow stronger than him...on Disc 2. Wtf man...

But I love the game so far. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back