• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VIII - "collect all the hot dogs"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Re: Question about ff8...

I dont think thats true, sorry... Never tried it out though, takes too much time... He's a good GF ability wise though. ;)

EDIT:
GameFaqs said:
The damage caused by Cactuar depends on the Guardian Force,
Cactuar's level. The higher the level Guardian Force, Cactuar is,
the more damage it will cause. For example, if Guardian Force,
Cactuar is at level between 50 to 59, it will cost 5000 HP of
damage. If between 90 to 99, it will cost 9000 HP of damage.
Max damage occurs at level 100. This is a sure-cause damage,
regardless of how good your enemies' defense may be. You must
train your Cactuar well to take advantage of it, if not it will
be wasteful. Note that Cactuar doesn't have any Boost.
So no, he won't do 100,000 damage. He'll do 9999 damage at level 100 and the defence of the enemy doesnt change that.

dual_wielder

Pourquoi ?crivez un?
Website
www.myspace.com

it depends on what level the GF is and how high the Summon Magic is, but i thinkt he highest attack hit points it can do is 9999, and that is it.

But i haven't tried this myself since my Cactuar is only at Level 86.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

Well, on the world map, you can find the "Aura" spell here:

Scanned it up and labeled the spells in red.

auradraw.jpg

S

Shadow Soldier

Wait, which part on that map is the Island closest to heaven, and Island closest to hell?

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

Shadow Soulja said:
Wait, which part on that map is the Island closest to heaven, and Island closest to hell?

Although the conversion to .jpeg killed the quality ( I have dial-up, and it's a real pain to upload big .bmp and .png files ) you can see that the two islands are faintly circled in red. Look along the western and eastern ends of the world map and try to match the shape of the islands.

New2Ya

I'm lost...

I loved that about the FF8 worldmap. The two islands. They were truly great to level up. Thumbs up to Square!!

New2Ya

I'm lost...

^I doubt it. Just draw and draw and draw with EVERY character, and you are assured of at least 50 aura's.

abbysmal-etheria

but gilgamesh doesn't kill him does he, i mean i know odin dies but if you don't have odin there won't be any gilgamesh. personally i would get odin aftewr disk 3 so he doesn't die coz he's better than gilgamesh in my opinion

dual_wielder

Pourquoi ?crivez un?
Website
www.myspace.com

lol don't get Odin yet, get Odin after because Odin is better than Gilgamesh. but anyway, if you have Odin oh well, he will die, then Gilgamesh will take his place, but just pray that he uses the crappy attacks lol. and keep drawing Aura it you should be okay. but anyway if you don't have Odin yet, good you can get 100 Aura's for each character. So it is okay

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com

The best thing to do to make your characters strong without leveling up is to go the islands closest to heaven/hell with the no enc ability and draw all the magic there periodically. If you do want to level up though, try junctioning death to your status attack for easy kills on almost anything. Cactuar islands also a great place to level up GFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back