• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Erase?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Yoyo

It makes sense, especially if Erase is literally Erasure - taking with it every last trace of existence that person had.
This oddly ties in with my theory about why Xion was forgotten in KH2 XD if we say her outer appearance is made from Memories of Sora/Roxas, than that is what everyone's Memories of her will be linked to. Once those returned to their proper place, however, the thing everyone's Memories were linked to as far as Xion is concerned disappeared - making the Chains of Memories between them delink and fall apart.
That is not to say Xion disappeared completely - the Core that lies underneath the Memories still exists possibly, but the concept remains.
Xion as we know her was "Erased".

Gotta love KH equivalent of suicide XD

heres my idea on xions existence

soras heart released = roxas
kairis heart lost = namine

kairis and soras heart being released at the exact same intant = thus created xion from both soras and kairis memories.

this would explain why she resembles kairi and has a special connection with sora

as for the term errased i agree with suffering angel KH equivalent of suicide

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
also , BBS is supposed to be rated T and have a tragic ending so ven can actually b killed, but i doubt it. Things r never that simple in KH. Unbirth can meen something yet 2 come. They'll have probably somethin to do w/ kh3

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Finally Erase = Alot of things such as

1. to rub or scrape out, as letters or characters written, engraved, etc.; efface.
2. to eliminate completely: She couldn't erase the tragic scene from her memory.
3. to obliterate (material recorded on magnetic tape or a magnetic disk): She erased the message.
4. to obliterate recorded material from (a magnetic tape or disk): He accidentally erased the tape.
5. Computers. to remove (data) from computer storage.
6. Slang. to murder: The gang had to erase him before he informed on them.
7. to give way to effacement readily or easily.
8. to obliterate characters, letters, markings, etc., from something.

Emphasis on number six cause KHs tried really hard to use slang and failed epically.
So Erase could just mean kill -_- and the directors were just trying to use slang since ven is a teen in all.

It'd be less slang and more because it's a less-harsh-sounding word for kill that actually sounds reasonable when applied to a living creature. Xemnas used it once before - "Give me the power to erase the fools that hinder us" - and it doesn't sound very unnatural.

I doubt it just means kill. If Ven meant killed, he would have said it.

You've got to take connotations into account, though. Kill, as a word, sounds very harsh. Language is important, and can influence the way we think about things - and "kill" has a lot of baggage that would make it a bad word to use in such a situation (both for Ven himself and metatextually).

"Erase" is a much softer word, and therefore less jarring, while still retaining the intention. And it's also probably a lot easier to get "Because you're my friend, please erase me" through the Disney filter than "Because you're my friend, please kill me."

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
but thats y we love KH , right?
because its not simple , it never is

Last edited:

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
what im intereasted in is whether thats before or after their final battle (assuming there is a final battle) personally i think its after

kiante

Wow, lots of replies, I don't feel like reading them all right now, but I read about half. Let me offer my thoughts on some of the things mentioned (considering you can't really stop me, unless you're a mod).

Pods: I don't think the pods have anything to do with manipulating memories really. At least the originals. I think they just allowed Namine to put them in some kind of stasis so they wouldn't have to eat/drink etc. Makes it easier on her.

Unbirths being the opposite of human life: Let's assume Nomura did say this, just for the sake of this comment. If that's true, then that wouldn't mean death. It would be an inverse. Think of it like a number line. Death is nothing is zero. life is 1-10. Unbirth is -1 thorugh -10. The being becomes inverted instead of just dying or becoming non-existant (Nobody). Perhaps this can still have something to do with them being a prototype to the Heartless. Heartless are actually hearts consumed by darkness. If a being is inverted, their light/dark balance is also inverted (theoretically). So if a person has mostly light in their heart, then they would become mostly dark, and therefore be consumed by darkness, in a way. This could also mean somehow that there are Unbirths that are related to light.

If this is all the case, it could also be possible for an unbirth to merge with a person. Life and unlife combining to form something greater. Perhaps this is why Ven wanted to be erased, so that he could merge with Sora. I don't know why he would want to merge with Sora of course. But that would also explain why he looks like Roxas.

And I certainly don't think that erase just means kill. Nothing is ever killed in Kingdom Hearts. Humans and mortals (and Hades) never die, they're just beaten. Except Maleficent I guess...I dunno. At least other than a few things, nothing is killed. Heartless and Nobodys aren't killed, they're really just freed, and then eventually come back together.

Theres some more thoughts for you.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Nobodies are'nt nothingness. They are a body and soul, and we know a body and soul are not nothing. They have no heart, therefore they have no light or dark and exist within the twilight. They are called nobodies because they have no identity, no heart.

Durf, I know what a nobody is. I'm also saying this based on what the game said.
Everything you are saying, I know. I've argued this point.

Damn, I have to stop talking to you like you're an idiot. Usually people are.
I like trolling. It's fun.

But unbirths are truly nothingness, a person who has been erased from existence. If you don't exist, then it's like you were never born, thus unbirth.

And where was this confirmed?
If that's the case, Namine is an Unbirth. And since it's confirmed she's not an Unbirth, then your definition of an Unbirth is wrong.

Niburu

Wasn't Riku supposed to erase Xion? In 358/2 days that is.
It would make sense. Sora needs ALL of his memories back and some of them leaked onto Xion.
So erasing her would recover the memories and they would go back to Sora/Roxas.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
It would make sense. Sora needs ALL of his memories back and some of them leaked onto Xion.

Riku was not sent to erase Xion.

Niburu

Unbirths being the opposite of human life: Let's assume Nomura did say this, just for the sake of this comment. If that's true, then that wouldn't mean death. It would be an inverse. Think of it like a number line. Death is nothing is zero. life is 1-10. Unbirth is -1 thorugh -10. The being becomes inverted instead of just dying or becoming non-existant (Nobody). Perhaps this can still have something to do with them being a prototype to the Heartless. Heartless are actually hearts consumed by darkness. If a being is inverted, their light/dark balance is also inverted (theoretically). So if a person has mostly light in their heart, then they would become mostly dark, and therefore be consumed by darkness, in a way. This could also mean somehow that there are Unbirths that are related to light.

Hmmm. This would explain why some of the unbirths in the game screen shots vary in shades of blue. Some of them are lighter than others and some are darker. Actually a Type C is such a dark blue that it's almost black.

Last edited:

Niburu

Riku was not sent to erase Xion.

I don't know. I just got that idea from these:

Namine: " Regardless of how the memory fragments connect, if they begin to leak outside not all of the memories will return at the point where they flow out. If it's connected to another memory it can't return to it's original location"

.."If it's connected to another memory surely she can't endure it."

DiZ:"She?"
-----
Xion: "I'm sorry, but, I can't disappear now because..I have an important friend."
-----
Namine: "...Sora"

DiZ: "Has it stopped completely?"

Namine: "Yes."

DiZ: "We have no time to lose. (To Riku) You understand what this means?"

Riku: "Yeah."
----
and then at the end of the trailer Xion is in Riku's arms "Who the heck am I?"

Terra nor Riku were masters of magic. So maybe it IS possible to erase some one. Do you think people who choose to be neither light nor dark ("I choose the path to dawn!") have the ability to "erase" people?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Hmmm. This would explain why some of the unbirths in the game screen shots vary in shades of blue. Some of them are lighter than others and some are darker. Actually a Type C is such a dark blue that it's almost black.

just like there is a white heartless?
It's just a variation. Let it go.

No. How would they get to Sora? She was born at a separate time as Namine and Roxas.

I don't know. I just got that idea from these:

Namine: " Regardless of how the memory fragments connect, if they begin to leak outside not all of the memories will return at the point where they flow out. If it's connected to another memory it can't return to it's original location"

.."If it's connected to another memory surely she can't endure it."

DiZ:"She?"
-----
Xion: "I'm sorry, but, I can't disappear now because..I have an important friend."
-----
Namine: "...Sora"

DiZ: "Has it stopped completely?"

Namine: "Yes."

DiZ: "We have no time to lose. (To Riku) You understand what this means?"

Riku: "Yeah."
----
and then at the end of the trailer Xion is in Riku's arms "Who the heck am I?"

Terra nor Riku were masters of magic. So maybe it IS possible to erase some one. Do you think people who choose to be neither light nor dark ("I choose the path to dawn!") have the ability to "erase" people?

Terra is the closest thing to a master, without being a master, that we have seen.

Terra>>>Sora>>>Riku

If Riku had it, Sora would have it. Besides, here isn't enough info to say that Riku could erase people.
That is assuming that erase is a special process.

If it's not, then Riku TOTALLY has the ability to erase.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Durf, I know what a nobody is. I'm also saying this based on what the game said.
Everything you are saying, I know. I've argued this point.

Damn, I have to stop talking to you like you're an idiot. Usually people are.
I like trolling. It's fun.

And where was this confirmed?
If that's the case, Namine is an Unbirth. And since it's confirmed she's not an Unbirth, then your definition of an Unbirth is wrong.

I was saying that as a possibility. Namine could be an unbirth, she has no body and soul so she is basically nothing.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I was saying that as a possibility. Namine could be an unbirth, she has no body and soul so she is basically nothing.

Namine isn't an Unbirth. Confirmed.
Unbirths aren't nothing.

Also, Unbirths are extinct. Explain that.

Captain Yoyo

few questions

namine cant be an unbirth because unbirths arnt able to return to there original selves like namine did with kairi at the end end of kh2

plus who ever said unbirths evolved into heartless

plus

karate said Unbirths are extinct.

so if unbirths did evole into heartless which are also instinct then wouldnt nobodies be the same?

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
few questions

namine cant be an unbirth because unbirths arnt able to return to there original selves like namine did with kairi at the end end of kh2
How the hell do you know that for sure? :/

plus who ever said unbirths evolved into heartless
Nomura said they were early forms of Heartless.

plus

karate said Unbirths are extinct.

so if unbirths did evole into heartless which are also instinct then wouldnt nobodies be the same?

Heartless are not extinct........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back