• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Erase?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiante

This seems to be an important line, it also seems likely (to me) that it's how an Unbirth is created. But, how do you erase someone?

I think maybe it has to do with time manipulation perhaps. You make someone de-age (if that made up word makes sense) until they not only are not born, but unborn (in this case going on the opposite side of birth that life is on, yet still existent).

But that still brings up the question, how does one accomplish this? I don't think Terra looks like a powerful sorcerer (based on the trailers and everything) so he probably couldn't erase anyone through magic. But why does Ven ask him to erase him then?

It may have to do with the keyblade somehow. How though, I'm not sure.

Comments? Additions?

Shade737

Silver Member
I personally think its editing for kill so it will not be too mature.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I'd take "erase" as a literal term, meaning to "make gone" so to speak. And if that were interpreted right, could mean taking out of existance, havng never been born, thus creating an Unbirth.

Meh, I could just be spouting off nonsense though.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
That whole de-aging thing has no basis in anything what so ever.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'd take "erase" as a literal term, meaning to "make gone" so to speak. And if that were interpreted right, could mean taking out of existance, havng never been born, thus creating an Unbirth.

Meh, I could just be spouting off nonsense though.

My only beef with this is that that would make Unbirths a literal name, as opposed to Heartless and Nobodies. Assuming it follows the same rule, of course.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Well, Nomura could have decided it was time for a change and went literal on Unbirths

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It makes sense, especially if Erase is literally Erasure - taking with it every last trace of existence that person had.
This oddly ties in with my theory about why Xion was forgotten in KH2 XD if we say her outer appearance is made from Memories of Sora/Roxas, than that is what everyone's Memories of her will be linked to. Once those returned to their proper place, however, the thing everyone's Memories were linked to as far as Xion is concerned disappeared - making the Chains of Memories between them delink and fall apart.
That is not to say Xion disappeared completely - the Core that lies underneath the Memories still exists possibly, but the concept remains.
Xion as we know her was "Erased".

Gotta love KH equivalent of suicide XD

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
My only beef with this is that that would make Unbirths a literal name, as opposed to Heartless and Nobodies. Assuming it follows the same rule, of course.

It seems to me that it the name Unbirth does continue the same pattern as the Heartless and Nobodies. The Heartless have Heartless behavior having no remorse or thought process but, behavior based on instinct. The Nobodies lack identity thus making them Nobody because their lack of a Heart. The Unbirths have been said to move rapidly and have a wild behavior which seems to me like a regression in the sense of evelution. They seem to have reverted back to a much more primitive state.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
kiante said:
This seems to be an important line, it also seems likely (to me) that it's how an Unbirth is created. But, how do you erase someone?

I'm starting to think that people are looking too much into this line. "Erase" most likely means to kill (or completely wipe from existence).

I think maybe it has to do with time manipulation perhaps. You make someone de-age (if that made up word makes sense) until they not only are not born, but unborn (in this case going on the opposite side of birth that life is on, yet still existent).

Biggest flaw: The Unbirth are supposed to be a sort of starting point for the Heartless. That being said, one would think that the matter of their creation would have to be be at least somewhat similar.

But that still brings up the question, how does one accomplish this? I don't think Terra looks like a powerful sorcerer (based on the trailers and everything) so he probably couldn't erase anyone through magic. But why does Ven ask him to erase him then?

Because he didn't. Ven asked Aqua to "erase" him. As for why, I'm led to believe it is to prevent MX from obtaining whatever it is he is after.

Also that this "Unbirth creation" does not seem to connect to the Heartless at all.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Also that this "Unbirth creation" does not seem to connect to the Heartless at all.

Not quite. Look back at my Xion theory. If the Darkness curropted the Being enough to undo the Chains of Memories, it has similarities. It's just that Heartless were the process applied directly to the Heart, and not the whole being, or something along those lines.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

It may have to do with the keyblade somehow. How though, I'm not sure.

Comments? Additions?

Wow, Kiante = Karate when High+Sleepy.

http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/114937-new-quick-unbirth-thought.html

What a small world.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Considering Nomura said that the name unbirth was given real meaning, I believe Erase is the process to become an unbirth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back