• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think KHIII might get delayed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnum

Disney knows how to cater to each of their audiences, believe it or not.

The sad thing is that KH could actually greatly benefit from Disney lending a hand. Squeenix has got them outclassed in game developing, but a plot written from Disney could easily make the previous plots look like complete garbage (if they weren't already).

I know, I was kidding. However, I would still prefer Square Enix since they almost get it right every time.

StVen

They'll just put Camp Rock and other Disney Channel bull-crap. Lol.

I will literally jump off the cliff if that happens... literally.

Btw, some of you might thought that this discussion doesn't care about whats happening. That is not the point here. It was wrong to my part asking about the game while other people suffers in Japan. But then again, common sense tells me that we all knew and mourn about what has been happening. This is a game forum. We all feel sadness. But this is just asking about the game nothing more so please don't go in depth.

Also, I would like to point out that yes, YES, KH III is not in development yet. Some of you is getting a bit exaggerated about the release but my prediction is that it would be out at the end of more or less Q4 2012 - Q1 2013? If the world wont end at 2012 that is lol jk.. =]

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
This is a game forum. We all feel sadness.
Oh god lol

YES, KH III is not in development yet. Some of you is getting a bit exaggerated about the release but my prediction is that it would be out at the end of more or less Q4 2012 - Q1 2013? If the world wont end at 2012 that is lol jk.. =]
Judging by the "one-game-per-year" plan, the existence of two games that will precede KH3, and Squeenix's tendency to take their sweet ass time making games, there's no chance for 2012-13.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
1. That would be doing us a favor.

2. Who fucking cares, people are dying and you're worrying about this shit.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Square-Enix will do what they can given the circumstances; energy conservation is very important now. This will notably effect development times and service operability, so we need to knuckle down and bear it. It really could be worse than it is now. There are a lot more pressing concerns for the country right now, and when the infrastructure returns to an acceptable state, development will continue in earnest.

There's not much that can be done; I'd advise making a donation to the relief effort if you feel you need to do something.

StVen

Oh god lol

Judging by the "one-game-per-year" plan, the existence of two games that will precede KH3, and Squeenix's tendency to take their sweet ass time making games, there's no chance for 2012-13.

Well, you do know that KH 3D is being developed by the team who developed BBS while KH 3 is going to be developed by team who's doing FF versus. So meaning, it doesn't necessarily mean that they would make it one after the other but rather they probably will make it simultaneously. I think that is a logical way.

P.S. I respected everybody's opinion so I expect respect in return. Thank you very much.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Well, you do know that KH 3D is being developed by the team who developed BBS while KH 3 is going to be developed by team who's doing FF versus. So meaning, it doesn't necessarily mean that they would make it one after the other but rather they probably will make it simultaneously. I think that is a logical way.

I understand where you're coming from, but their release date plans are still an important factor.

ZeldaPokemonFan

I will literally jump off the cliff if that happens... literally.

Btw, some of you might thought that this discussion doesn't care about whats happening. That is not the point here. It was wrong to my part asking about the game while other people suffers in Japan. But then again, common sense tells me that we all knew and mourn about what has been happening. This is a game forum. We all feel sadness. But this is just asking about the game nothing more so please don't go in depth.

Also, I would like to point out that yes, YES, KH III is not in development yet. Some of you is getting a bit exaggerated about the release but my prediction is that it would be out at the end of more or less Q4 2012 - Q1 2013? If the world wont end at 2012 that is lol jk.. =]

Yeah that was a bit of exeggeration from me but I was just basing this off how they handle their games this gen. I mean it took what over five years to develop FFXIII and almost seven for Verses XIII @_@. I know this is Square's fault for having too much loyality towards Sony, focusing too much on Final Fantasy, and turning XIII into its own saga. I just hope I'm extremely wrong about Square because all I need for them to do is announce it for the PS4 in two years especially after I bought a PS3 two years previously :/. If Sony can announce a $100 price drop on their slim units this year and let them range from $150 to $200 I'm pretty sure KHIII will be produce on the PS3. I think that would seal the deal for Square to consider development for the next console KH game this gen.

Yeah its true that if KHIII was developed on the PS4 it would look amazing with near CGI quality graphics but the PS3 can also develop amazing quality graphics too. I mean when I look at KHII or to an extent KH1 they still look great to even today's standards especially KHII and that was develop on a last gen console. Just think what Square can do with development on the PS3 with KHIII and honestly I think it would not only benefit Square but us as well. With Verses XIII, KH: BBS Vol. 2, KH3D being almost finished, and a possible PS3 price cut this year I'm sure KHIII development would start soon on the PS3.

sdr08

quick thought...if anything were to happen to S-E japan. could NA S-E pick up on their projects?

if so that will suck.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I mean it took what over five years to develop FFXIII and almost seven for Verses XIII @_@. I know this is Square's fault for having too much loyality towards Sony, focusing too much on Final Fantasy, and turning XIII into its own saga.

All untrue.

quick thought...if anything were to happen to S-E japan. could NA S-E pick up on their projects?

Nope.

αsiя

space coke
Either way I wouldn't doubt KH3 seeing the light of day by the time the new consoles arrive.

ZeldaPokemonFan

All untrue.

Ok maybe the FFXIII and XIII-2 was kind of off especially for the fact that it also came on the 360 but last time I checked Verses XIII was still exclusive and that's major title. As for focusing too much FF I hope your not being serious (I'm not trying to argue this) but everytime I look why is FF in the name of most of their games this gen on the console? Now for turning XIII its into its own saga lets look at the titles XIII, XIII-2, and Verses XIII that's three games from the same universe of FFXIII. Yeah I know they are not directly related except for XIII-2 but they are still from same installment. Personally I'm surprised they went with doing this after the failed attempts of IV, VII, and X (meaning they tried to become very successful by continuing them but failed to take off in a major way). I realize we are going off topic and I'm sorry if we did especially from me. Shamdeo or any one else lets talk about this in our profile posts because the topic is about KHIII and not the FFXIII series. I just don't want this thread to get closed so if you want lets continued this in our profile posts unless you want to discuss this in a new thread in the Final Fantasy Forum.

Last edited:

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
It seems pretty selfish to worry about a video game being delayed, while a country has thousands of people dead, and has a potential nuclear crisis on hand.

Nayru's Love

Awards
It seems pretty selfish to worry about a video game being delayed, while a country has thousands of people dead, and has a potential nuclear crisis on hand.

It's a country filled with lives we generally don't care about, I don't think it's that inhumane to worry first about the products we buy from Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back