• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think KHIII might get delayed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Well assumed that before but I don't think its because of XIII, XIII-2, or Verses XIII development had any thing to with it. I heard before that the KH team was split up with several KH games but I was wrong about that and Sign listed that on the last page. If the KH team being split up wasn't the problem for no KHIII especially if that never happened. Then what were the specific circurstances for Verses XIII's almost seven years of development? I think developing Verses XIII was a mistake because we would have KHIII by now if Square didn't decided to expand on XIII, I mean didn't they learn from this the last three times :/. They also could have released one or two on DS or PSP rather spreading several titles across several systems and focused soley on KHIII on the PS3.

Be careful, my friend. Saying this stuff will get your head cut off, lol. Though, I agree that SE could have just ended the XIII saga of Final Fantasy with just the original, FF13, not with Versus or XIII-2. Versus looks quite interesting to me besides this fact. I just hope Noctus isn't just another Cloud.
Anyways, back on topic....
Yes, I am very sad about the Japan disaster, and I hope no one from SE was severely harmed. But I agree with a lot of the people on this thread: this might only set back KH3 a little bit. A month, maybe? And about the bazillion consoles thing? I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think Nomura's either doing that because he was told to by higher-ups(if they have that much control over him), he wants ALL types of gamers to get sucked into the whirlpool of KH, or he wants to test the waters to see which consoles really make a KH game shine, all of which are completely understandable. Well, at least to me. Look on the bright side: if it's the third reason, then in the next saga, the games will probably be less spread out. I think what Nomura really wants is the most amount of time to polish up the story this time for KH3, since he might of heard all of the "compliments" KH2's story got. With the experience from Versus, he has a handle on the graphics and gameplay. With the experience from all of these different games, he has a handle on how to make a better story each time. I think the only thing that brings him down, plotwise, is his little sidekicks up there who kind of ruin some of the characters' developments and the progression of the tale. I can't remember the name of the guy who helped with KH2's, but was it Nojima? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
And yes, this story has turned into guacamole from pie. You guys might want the simple pie, but make it a teensy bit more complex than that. Between guacamole and pie.....like....pasta? A nice dish with a variation of elements that really go well together. Some intense storylines, good gameplay, intriguing characters and development, beautiful graphics(not that those are necessary, but add nice color), yada yada yada. You get my drift, correct? Simple, but with touches of complexity. In my opinion, at least.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Be careful, my friend. Saying this stuff will get your head cut off, lol.

*tosses axe* By who exactly?

Though, I agree that SE could have just ended the XIII saga of Final Fantasy with just the original, FF13, not with Versus or XIII-2. Versus looks quite interesting to me besides this fact. I just hope Noctus isn't just another Cloud.

I wouldn't worry about Noctis. That latest trailer showed pretty well that he's not going to be like Cloud or Squall. And no mention of Type-0? For shame.

Anyways, back on topic....
Yes, I am very sad about the Japan disaster, and I hope no one from SE was severely harmed. But I agree with a lot of the people on this thread: this might only set back KH3 a little bit. A month, maybe?

Meh.

And about the bazillion consoles thing? I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think Nomura's either doing that because he was told to by higher-ups(if they have that much control over him), he wants ALL types of gamers to get sucked into the whirlpool of KH, or he wants to test the waters to see which consoles really make a KH game shine, all of which are completely understandable.

With 3D, Nintendo approached SE with the offer of making a 3DS title. For CoM, it was because Nomura heard a lot of children saying they wanted to play KH on the GBA. With Days, I think it was something about the multiplayer. With BBS, it was originally going to be on PS2, but something happened (can't remember). coded being on the mobile phone was a decision made by Disney iirc.

Well, at least to me. Look on the bright side: if it's the third reason, then in the next saga, the games will probably be less spread out. I think what Nomura really wants is the most amount of time to polish up the story this time for KH3, since he might of heard all of the "compliments" KH2's story got.

I doubt he did, since Nojima is writing Versus' scenario. Though it seems like the man's forte is moreso in FF titles, so I'm not all that worried.

With the experience from Versus, he has a handle on the graphics and gameplay. With the experience from all of these different games, he has a handle on how to make a better story each time. I think the only thing that brings him down, plotwise, is his little sidekicks up there who kind of ruin some of the characters' developments and the progression of the tale. I can't remember the name of the guy who helped with KH2's, but was it Nojima? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Yup, Kazushige Nojima. Requested by Nomura specially.

And yes, this story has turned into guacamole from pie. You guys might want the simple pie, but make it a teensy bit more complex than that. Between guacamole and pie.....like....pasta? A nice dish with a variation of elements that really go well together. Some intense storylines, good gameplay, intriguing characters and development, beautiful graphics(not that those are necessary, but add nice color), yada yada yada. You get my drift, correct? Simple, but with touches of complexity. In my opinion, at least.

That is a very odd metaphor.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Yes, I use odd metaphors, lol. And if Nojima was requested by Nomura, then never mind about it not being his fault. Then again, Nojima hadn't worked on a KH before, correct? Maybe Nomura just didn't know what his KH writing would be like? Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not trying to make excuses for him.
It was Disney's idea for Coded's platform being a phone?
*coughcoughwhyaminotsurprised*
I think RE:Coded was a good idea, then. Putting on a console it deserves, I'd say. And about BBS, I think it was something to the extent of Nomura not wanting it on an older console? IDK.
Wait, isn't Nomura a director who makes a basic plotline with certain ideas, and then tells his writers to run off with it? Is he doing that with Versus, too?

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes, it does look like there will be a lot of delays. It's understandable, and I think I can wait.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
If it gets to the point that KH3 ends up like Gran Turismo 5 then Noruma may just want to close the series right there.

I don't know if many people know about what happened to one of the supposed best games on PS3 which was going to be GT5.
So I guess I'll add this part to give you a little insight(if you don't know already).

Long story short GT's last major release was 2005 which was GT4 since then they released a demo and seperate game which were GT5 Prologue and GT:pSP just like Kingdom Hearts the company that developed this game had their teams split up across GT5, GT5 Prologue, and GT PSP.

So cause of that we got GT5 which is beginning to look like it was only 70% finished now imagine that if it were Kingdom Hearts next gen games are already bad for overuse of DLC and developers being lazy by not finishing games (Assassin's Creed II I'm looking at you). So just imagine Square charging you $5 a pop for DLC just to finish the story of KH3.

Install base for KH games is already starting to thin out think that would be enough to almost kill it well maybe not that harsh, but I know a number of people won't be fans of the series any longer.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
just likeKingdom Hearts the company that developed this game had their teams split up across GT5, GT5 Prologue, and GT PSP.
But they didn't KH's team is working on Versus 13 that has not changed h.a.n.d worked on RE:Coded and Osaka worked on BBS and is currently working on KH3D different teams working on different games. And I don't know I felt that Assasin's Creed II was a finished product left me with a mystifying cliffhanger.

alex=axel

well... they surely got bigger problems now than a bullshitty KHIII we're waiting for since KH2 came out - after all, not only that so much people lost their lives/homes/families down there, but now also the part with the three atomic power plants surely is something that can't be ignored...

or to say it otherwise... if you'd be down there with the fear that soon, the whole island would probably blow up anytime (if it hasn't already happened) what'd you prefer?

Better you think next time before you write, kiddo - got it memorized?

Firstly, it was Japan's own fault that the nuclear plants blew up, they shouldn't have put them on the east coast.
Second of all Japan will not just blow up, the west coast will be fine since it isn't on the ring of fire.
Thirdly;
Better you think next time before you write, kiddo - got it memorized?
STFU (this is regarding the whole got it memorized kiddo BS)

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Originally Posted By loke13
But they didn't KH's team is working on Versus 13 that has not changed h.a.n.d worked on RE:Coded and Osaka worked on BBS and is currently working on KH3D different teams working on different games. And I don't know I felt that Assasin's Creed II was a finished product left me with a mystifying cliffhanger.

I thought someone mentioned that the KH team had been split up by multiple projects such as FFXIII and now Versus plus FFXIII-2 something along that line.

Assassin's Creed II wasn't finished you had to buy two pieces or three can't remember to finish the story or at least feel like it didn't have a random ending.

Still my overall fear is that KH3 = GT5, but one thing that hasn't happened yet is the hype train which is a good thing only theories are being posted as long as no one starts talking about confirmed things to be in the next installment maybe it won't matter.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
After Final Fantasy X, the team split in half. One half worked on Final Fantasy X-2 (which did not need as much staff) while the other worked on Kingdom Hearts. During many instances the team that became the "Kingdom Hearts team" (they're all just referred to as PDD1 really, the "teams" aren't extremely defined) has been called in to assist with development on mainline Final Fantasy games such as FFXIII. The "Final Fantasy X-2 team" went on to make Final Fantasy XIII and hired more staff to work on that game as well as using staff from other projects in the division in finishing the game. Final Fantasy Versus XIII is also using staff from everywhere in the division but is mostly being worked on by the team that made the main Kingdom Hearts titles.

Anna825

I think the chance that the Japan disaster affected some/all of the teams working on Kingdom Hearts projects is very high (i.e. probably affected families, relatives, homes, generally upset daily life). My heart goes out to all the Japanese people right now, and hope they receive aid and recovery.

Do you think it would be possible to create a stickied post on this forum encouraging donations for charities relating to the Japan disaster?

Last edited:

Magnum

I think the chance that the Japan disaster affected some/all of the teams working on Kingdom Hearts projects is very high (i.e. probably affected families, relatives, homes, generally upset daily life). My heart goes out to all the Japanese people right now, and hope they receive aid and recovery.

Do you think it would be possible to create a stickied post on this forum encouraging donations for charities relating to the Japan disaster?

Business, at Square Enix, is still continuing as it was. Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for the Japanese, too.

Last edited:

Magnum

Hmm. I have heard otherwise.

Well, maybe you should stop listening to rumors from unreliable sources. SE wasn't affected so business will still continue as it was. Quit stating your opinions like they're fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back