• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki Interviews Tetsuya Nomura!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Youniquee

Awards
No surprise that Sora was getting a new outfit :) Can't wait to see it! I also hope Riku gets a new outfit too...I agree with Taochan that he needs new pants. And this 'Kingdom Shader' still confuses the heck out of me.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
so, riku isnt traveling with sora, donald, and goofy? kinda wished those four would be traveling together during kh3. oh well. the plot sounds interesting, sora finding guardians of light while riku searches for previous keyblade wielders. i wonder if those keyblade wielders riku is searching for are guardians of light, or allies to help in the final battle at the keyblade graveyard?

I'm honestly hoping that they tell the story a la BBS, with each of SRK having a different part to play with different companions. Or even switching between points of view as the story is told.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Cataclysm And this time it hopefully won't have the Recusant's Sigil anywhere on it! LOL. It would be so great if they lampshaded that in the game, when Sora's getting new clothes, and have everyone be like, "Welp, we can no longer have exes on our clothes!" ROFL.

@Angel That actually looks like what they're doing to me, what with Sora going to free the people in his heart, and Riku looking for people like Aqua. With such important plot points--and the fact Nomura thought to mention what the two would be doing so soon--I could see the story going back and forth on those scenarios (at least temporarily).

Plus, as BbS started it all, and this game shall end the Xehanort Saga, it would be cool if they bookended the series in similar playing styles. And honestly, I've kind of gotten used to playing different characters' stories in one game, with BbS, CoM, and DDD. LOL. It'd feel sort of weird to not do that now. I only hope that Kairi is fit in there somewhere...

That would just be the icing on the cake, you know? Having a game split up in all three of the new generation's PoV, but if they just include her in a better way then they have been at all, I know I'll be extremely happy. I was so psyched about what Kairi might do at the end of DDD, but now that Nomura's not mentioning her again... I'm a bit worried he's not going to develop her in the game, after all. I could be over thinking things, but...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Sephiroth I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Memoir system returned. But who knows? Maybe it'll be even more expansive this time. Didn't Nomura once say the one in DDD was originally supposed to explain the story in videos (or maybe in a slideshow type way)? If I remember correctly, that idea was scrapped due to time and cartridge restraints. With the power of the PS4, though, I could easily see them remedying that.

That's what I meant. Nomura saying that he wants to make it easier for newcomers with KH III implies at least something similar to the chronicles/memoirs. After all, Final Fantasy XIII-2 also has a recap of XIII available and Nomura did indeed point out that they originally wanted to do the chronicles with more pictures from the respective games to explain the plot, but couldn't do it this time, which may also hint that Nomura plans to do something in the same vein again, even if it functions and is named completely differently.

That would just be the icing on the cake, you know? Having a game split up in all three of the new generation's PoV, but if they just include her in a better way then they have been at all, I know I'll be extremely happy. I was so psyched about what Kairi might do at the end of DDD, but now that Nomura's not mentioning her again... I'm a bit worried he's not going to develop her in the game, after all. I could be over thinking things, but...

There are many important major characters which aren't mentioned yet since that paragraph is only a very general summary of the overall story.
Except Mickey, Riku, Sora, Donald and Goofy none of the major character's roles has been elaborated upon, which is understandable since it's way too early.
---

There seem also be many theories now about that Riku and Mickey are going to save TAV, which is in Ven's case not even possible because Sora holds his heart.

I theorize that Riku and Mickey searching for them does not neccessarily also mean that they will save them right away.
Going from the things we learned in Blank Points and DDD, Sora is the one who has the power to restore them according to both Nomura and Ansem the Wise, and if we go further and assume that this "key to returning hearts" is as much a needed tool for this as Ansem's data is, none of the tormented people can actually be brought back until Sora finds/creates that key.
What Riku's and Mickey's seach most likely does encompass though is to find out where exactly TAV are located, because while Sora could save Roxas, Xion and Naminé once he gets the Key since they are with him and Kairi, he would not have that much luck with TAV if he doesn't know where they are.
That's why Riku's and Mickey's quest apart from Sora might be of crucial importance. They don't have the time to do one after the other. Once Sora gets the key, they must be able to retrieve TAV immediately.

Yen Sid and Mickey know that Aqua is in the Dark Realm according to the Re: Coded Secret Ending, but the Dark Realm is very vast and they obviously don't know where in the Realm Aqua is.
Task 1 for Mickey and Riku to do while Sora, Donald and Goofy search for the KtRH (Key to Return Hearts).
Regarding Ventus, Mickey explains to Yen Sid in the same secret ending that he may have found out where Ven's heart is. Great, but to restore Ven his body and soul are also needed and need to be found, Task 2 for Riku and Mickey.
Last but not least is Terra, of whom apparently no one knows a thing about. Seeing that Riku remembered his promise with Terra in DDD I can actually see that he would be very eager to start to investigate with Mickey about Terra's whereabouts. Task 3 for them.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I'm honestly hoping that they tell the story a la BBS, with each of SRK having a different part to play with different companions. Or even switching between points of view as the story is told.

I don't think they will, because didn't he say Sora is the main character and it's time to put him in the spotlight again? This is a main title, for plot purposes perhaps we'll play as a different character at one point (Roxas in KHII prologue) but for the most part I think it'll stick with Sora.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Nomura: The clip was a teaser through and through, so we didn't give away much information. Things like Sora's outfit and battle gameplay are still to be revealed, so please look forward to that.
Hope the new outfit is better than kh2's, kh2 sora irks me a little.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I'm kind of hoping we'll see some new theme music. The current songs are good, yeah, but... well, we've had them for a while​.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I'm kind of hoping we'll see some new theme music. The current songs are good, yeah, but... well, we've had them for a while​.

deponds if Utada wants to come back sorry for the mistake guys

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
And as for Kairi... just give her a color other than pink, I beg you. I preferred her tomboy side in KHI, after all. And honestly... I think her character would have gone over better with people in II, if she'd been wearing red or something

I'm pretty sure Kairi will retain her pink no matter what. It seems like most people (besides those in Org. coats) have a color scheme that Nomura likes to stick too. Sora is definitely red, Riku likes it mix it up with blue/yellow/white outfits, and Kairi is always decked in pink. It just works that way so I would be shocked if Kairi's new outfit has some blend of pink in there.

Maybe they can get Nigeria, then we wouldn't need Uganda. ;P

tumblr_lsbgiiYKBi1r30yjlo1_500.gif

haha I found that funnier than I should have.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Honestly, right now, I just want to see the Disney characters animated. The KH3 poster with Donald and Goofy look AMAZING! They look just like cartoons and I want to see how some of the Disney worlds would look!

I know you guys are probably thinking I'm obsessing over the visuals too much, but to be completely honest, that's sort of all we have right now that I'm pretty sure will stay true in the final product. Most of everything else is still up for grabs considering that the statements made on other things have been rather vague (and rightfully so)
Plus it's in very early development, so things are bound to change. Really, the only things that really never changes from KH Beta trailers to the final product are the visuals (weeeell, except for KH1 if you ever want to re-live that nightmare again)

deponds if Uganda wants to come back

XEHANORT 2012!!!

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Sephiroth Thank you for that reply! Seriously, I feel so much more relieved now. I knew I was overthinking things this early on, but sadly I think I'm a bit justified, seeing as how they've handled her character in the past. (And it still doesn't really sit right with me that the artbook for I.5 just mentions "Sora, Riku, and the Disney characters".). I'm just going to try and remain optimistic, though, and wait to make anymore judgments until we get more concrete information. It does worry me a bit, though that they might have to (sadly) postpone Kairi's development again, so as to get all the other important plot points in.

@kupo1121 I thought her outfit was more violet in KHI? I could be wrong, though, (seriously. I really think I might be colorblind half the time), but if so, I wouldn't mind if her attire returned to that shade. It seemed to fit her character more to me, but I might be the only one who thinks that.

@skyfoxx OMG, your mention of Sora, Riku, and Kairi in the beta trailer made me laugh way more than it should have. You just worded it so funnily! :D And, of course, they themselves looked very, very funny in it.

...Oh, god. I hope that if Kairi is in III more, that "Sora, Riku, and Kairi" doesn't become the new "Sora, Donald, and Goofy" expression everyone says in the game. I could... sadly see that happening.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Sephiroth Thank you for that reply! Seriously, I feel so much more relieved now. I knew I was overthinking things this early on, but sadly I think I'm a bit justified, seeing as how they've handled her character in the past. (And it still doesn't really sit right with me that the artbook for I.5 just mentions "Sora, Riku, and the Disney characters".). I'm just going to try and remain optimistic, though, and wait to make anymore judgments until we get more concrete information. It does worry me a bit, though that they might have to (sadly) postpone Kairi's development again, so as to get all the other important plot points in.

Yeah, it's only a general story overview, we don't know yet how much of a role the other main characters will have, but I assume that we can expect more than just one or two cameo scenes like in DDD for most of them.
If you're talking specifically about Kairi instead of all the other major characters (TAV, Naminé, Roxas, Xion) though, I guess that can't be helped. I don't know if people should even expect Kairi to be advertised suddenly and getting that much focus in a game that is the finale of a saga when she never was that much in focus before.
That's why I thought from the very first time I saw the secret ending of DDD that they made an error there, you cannot make up for nearly a whole saga of neglect in one game, especially if that game is loaded to the top with plot mysteries and other major characters that need attention too.
Kairi needs some decent development, especially also with characters other than Sora, but in all honesty I feel that this would be a better place to do in the next saga, where some of the other characters could more easily take a backseat for one game or so and where aren't that many unresolved plot points anymore.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I was expecting it but I'm glad it was confirmed early on that Sora is getting a new outfit, I never liked his KH2 outfit. It just had wwaaaaaaaayyy too much going on and I don't think all that black works for Sora. He needs something a little more vibrant.

I'm pretty sure Kairi will retain her pink no matter what. It seems like most people (besides those in Org. coats) have a color scheme that Nomura likes to stick too. Sora is definitely red, Riku likes it mix it up with blue/yellow/white outfits, and Kairi is always decked in pink. It just works that way so I would be shocked if Kairi's new outfit has some blend of pink in there.

Kairi's outfits primarily consisted of white and purple with pink accents, previously, the pink-splosion her outfit had in KH2 was a relatively new change in color scheme. I'm pretty certain she'll get a new outfit as well in KH3 and hope she goes back to her old color scheme, all that pink hurt my eyes. >_<
Plus, I interpret the purple+white as symbolic of her PoH status.

Xagzan

Awards
Since we're talking about outfit or design changes, I vote Aqua for one. Yes, she's in the WoD, time flows slower there, yada yada yada. But it's still been a year for her, and hair grows in a year. So even if she's got the same clothes, her hair should be longer.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Kairi's outfits primarily consisted of white and purple with pink accents, previously, the pink-splosion her outfit had in KH2 was a relatively new change in color scheme. I'm pretty certain she'll get a new outfit as well in KH3 and hope she goes back to her old color scheme, all that pink hurt my eyes. >_<
Plus, I interpret the purple+white as symbolic of her PoH status.
I hope she does get a new outfit, I preferred the kh1 also so one reminiscent of it would be welcome.

Since we're talking about outfit or design changes, I vote Aqua for one. Yes, she's in the WoD, time flows slower there, yada yada yada. But it's still been a year for her, and hair grows in a year. So even if she's got the same clothes, her hair should be longer.
We dont know how long it's been for Aqua. It could've been a month, a couple months or yes even a year but we dont know exactly. I even though I'd be interested to see what she's like with long hair or a new outfit I dont see Nomura changing TAV for kh3. Maybe kh4 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back