• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confirmed Voice Actors for Days (UPDATED: Complete List)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

Re: Confirmed Voice Actors for Days

From what I saw of Re:CoM Meaghan Jette Martin makes a better Naminé than Brittany Snow did.

MelodiousNymph

Website
naturethezafara.deviantart.com

Is anyone else peeved that the Camp Rock kids will be replacing the original VAs in this KH as well? I understood Re: CoM since it was sort of rushed out after its announcement, but 358/2 Days is being produced as a real-deal Kingdom Hearts game. Seeing as Xion is related to Kairi, and Namine is returning, I really wish Hayden P. and Brittany S. could squeeze in some time to VA the roles. Seriously, I can't take the "I'm nawt thar!" girl again; something in her voice doesn't catch the innocence that BS's voice did for Namine, and Alyson Stoner is just too high-pitched to voice Kairi or Xion. *sigh* But, I understand that HP and BS have been a bit busy lately. Still, Kingdom Hearts now just hasn't felt like the Kingdom Hearts I once knew. I still miss Billy Zane (the true Xehanort's Heartless). :-( Anyone else share this sentiment?

Well, as much as I hate Camp Rock with all my being, my standards for voice acting don't really count for who they are or what they've done, but how good they are of a voice actor. (I mean, I can't stand Miley Cyrus, but she did do a good job as Penny in 'Bolt'.) If you're asking my opinion, I'll just wait for 358/2 Days to come, watch the cutscenes (I have no DS :p), and then give my verdict.

For the English trailers, though, I quite liked Xion's voice. Just the voice that fits her, in my opinion.

VagueSimplicity

Awards

From what I saw of Re:CoM Meaghan Jette Martin makes a better Naminé than Brittany Snow did.

Well, as much as I hate Camp Rock with all my being, my standards for voice acting don't really count for who they are or what they've done, but how good they are of a voice actor. (I mean, I can't stand Miley Cyrus, but she did do a good job as Penny in 'Bolt'.) If you're asking my opinion, I'll just wait for 358/2 Days to come, watch the cutscenes (I have no DS :p), and then give my verdict.

For the English trailers, though, I quite liked Xion's voice. Just the voice that fits her, in my opinion.

To both of you, with kind intentions of course, to each his or her own. To Nymph, very true, but in all honesty, I do like Alyson Stoner from prior works (obviously other than Camp Rock), but imo, Xion's voice is just too light for her look. Then again, for some, it may seem like the perfect contrast, a light voice for a dark look. I have seen the trailer, and I'm just not satisfied as a consumer; maybe if we didn't know Xion was related to Kairi, I wouldn't care, but I just have this notion burning through my head that Xion should sound like Kairi. As for Namine, I suppose it's first come, first serve. Since I heard Brittany Snow first, and since I played Kingdom Hearts II a lot more than Re: CoM, every time I would hear Namine I'd have the same notion to compare the two voices and I could detect a shakiness in Namine's voice during Re: CoM that just didn't suit me; it didn't sound pure.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

... I wouldn't care, but I just have this notion burning through my head that Xion should sound like Kairi.

You'd be right on that account. The voices for Kairi and Xion come from the same Japanese VA, Risa Uchida. However, we make with what is available. It could've been much worse, truthfully. I do miss Hayden, though.

Radon

mofo

I hope Alyson doesn't replace Hayden as Kairi permanently. Hopefully it was just that one scene in Re: CoM. It's not that I think she did a bad job of Kairi in Re: CoM but I'm just more used to Hayden. To me Hayden is Kairi.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

Nope, nope, and nope.

The CoM members are unfairly scrapped early. Very disappointing.

*goes on a rampage* Then what, may I ask, was the point of hiring VA's to do a remake of Chain of Memories when they weren't even going to be used for Days? Battle cries? Ugh.

On imdb it says that Ryan O'Donohue will be Demyx VA, though I will check around for more sources, cause i swear half the time imdb just guess...

IMDb really isn't a very reliable source; I'll bet they just looked at the KH2 page, saw that Ryan did Demyx' voice, and automatically added him in. But it probably will be him if they only need him for battle cries, because they can just re-use audio from KH2.

Well, as much as I hate Camp Rock with all my being, my standards for voice acting don't really count for who they are or what they've done, but how good they are of a voice actor.

I agree, and it always annoys me when people freak out about a Disney Channel star voicing a character. I understand if it's because they miss the original VA (I miss Hayden Panetterie as Kairi) but if it's just because he/she is a DC star, then that's just stupid.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

That really sucks. Doesn't he even talk during those meetings? I always loved how the members would be discussing something serious in the short stories/novels, and he'd suddenly interrupt to ask what the heck they were talking about! Real smooth Demyx, real smooth.

There are tons of scenes with Demyx in them, you just don't hear his voice. He has lots of speech-bubble scenes where he interrupts with weird grunts and noises during the meetings, don't worry. The only Organization members that do talk are Xemnas, Saix, Roxas, Xion, Zexion, and Axel.

I'm not that upset that the Organization members don't have speaking scenes, because they still each get a decent amount of screentime on missions with Roxas or hanging out in TWTNW.

Camp Rock Namine >>> KHII Namine, IMO.

A

Audo

Maybe if we didn't know Xion was related to Kairi, I wouldn't care, but I just have this notion burning through my head that Xion should sound like Kairi.
Which is why they are the same VA...

I could detect a shakiness in Namine's voice during Re: CoM that just didn't suit me; it didn't sound pure.
Which is what made Re:CoM Nami much better. Naminé is not supposed to be this "pure happy little thing". Nami is a manipulative emo bitch and Brittany Snow played her far too happy to actually fit the character.

*goes on a rampage* Then what, may I ask, was the point of hiring VA's to do a remake of Chain of Memories
So that that game could have full voice work? =/
Re:CoM is just an advertisement for Days and as a way to fully complete the story of the Organization.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

Thanks Raz, that makes me feel better.

So that that game could have full voice work? =/
Re:CoM is just an advertisement for Days and as a way to fully complete the story of the Organization.

I guess I meant to ask what the point of releasing Re:CoM anyway. I figured it was probably for the reason that you listed above, and to ensure that the CoM characters had voice acting in Days as well. Sort of as an excuse to hire them for a lengthier amount of time, or something. And considering the poor promotion they did for the game, that last idea seemed even more likely.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that they finally released Re:CoM in English, it just seemed to lose some of its purpose if the characters (save for Riku, Namine, Axel, etc) aren't really relevant to the plot of Days.

Ringergrl

Website
www.facebook.com

Are there many trailers out yet where the english voices for the game can be heard?

12chris12

I really thought Axel didn't sound anything like he did in KH2 from what was in the new Days E3 trailer, but I suppose it has been confirmed...

Muse

you look atrocious

Which is what made Re:CoM Nami much better. Naminé is not supposed to be this "pure happy little thing". Nami is a manipulative emo bitch

Rain would kill you if she heard you say that. XD;

and Brittany Snow played her far too happy to actually fit the character.

That's probably true.

A

Audo

Rain would kill you if she heard you say that. XD;
I never said it was a bad thing that Nami is that way - in fact it was one of the reasons that I loved her character so much.

VagueSimplicity

Awards

Which is why they are the same VA...

Technically yes, but not entirely true. Kairi's first VA was Hayden P. and her second is now Alyson Stoner. I'm not asking for anyone else to take the role, I only wish it was HP who would voice her. Obviously, I'm not going to get it (not trying to sound brattish, just expressing my disappointment) as HP is probably really busy.

Which is what made Re:CoM Nami much better. Naminé is not supposed to be this "pure happy little thing". Nami is a manipulative emo bitch and Brittany Snow played her far too happy to actually fit the character.

I know she isn't a "pure happy little thing" and imo neither VA made her sound happy; I remember laughs, but those were short-lived. The majority of her dialogue was pretty sad. Anyway, now that I look back and compare both voices, I can accept BS's Namine to be more mature and MJM's Namine to be growing; it might just be better that way.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

I hope they use Hayden for the numbered sequels, at least.
She's probably just too big for KH, now. Which is a shame.

Sora206

Does anyone know who will be voicing Mickey? Since his voice actor died and all... :'(

A

Audo

If Mickey actually has audible lines, probably Wayne Allwine.
There were reports of them doing the English recording months ago.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ

Somebody else would disagree with you on that. But I like them both although I can never choose who did better. Then again, Meaghan did have that voice where it ignites Namine in an innocent way.....like a child.....Brittany made Namine sound as if she grew older.

I hope Alyson doesn't replace Hayden as Kairi permanently. Hopefully it was just that one scene in Re: CoM. It's not that I think she did a bad job of Kairi in Re: CoM but I'm just more used to Hayden. To me Hayden is Kairi.

It doesn't look like Hayden will come back if that's what you're hoping....but I can be wrong.
IMO, Alyson seemed okay I guess.....

I really thought Axel didn't sound anything like he did in KH2 from what was in the new Days E3 trailer, but I suppose it has been confirmed...

I don't remember but there was a interview or some mention that Axel's voice changed.....because Quinnton had to do something to change his voice to make Axel sound different from the one in KH2 and RE: COM or something like that, really, I don't remember. Somebody please correct me or give me an FYI. :p

I hope they use Hayden for the numbered sequels, at least.
She's probably just too big for KH, now. Which is a shame.

That or she's too busy filming other things and doing busywork for Heroes.....that's one of the reasons why she couldn't voice Kairi in RE:COM but I'll admit I loved her voice work as Kairi.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back