• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best and worst voice performances in the series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

redcrown

Awards
I'll give a really underrated voice over that isn't really a big name for you. Meaghan Martin who voices Namine in Re: Chain of Memories. I was watching a stream recently of the game and it surprised me how well she did even given the awkwardness that surrounded the dubbing of that game. I'm not usually a fan of spaces in between words since it comes of as obvious that the voice actors are trying to match their voices to the characters' mouths and it kind of breaks the immersion a little for me because I know. If you listen to Namine's voice in Re:CoM though, even though it's still there, it kind of comes of as natural for her at the same time. I think Meaghan did a really good job for how she had to act it out, and Larxene's VA as well.

I thought about saying the same thing. Meaghan Martin imo fit Namine way better than Brittany Snow; softer, gentler, and more sorrowful. She conveys the weakness, sadness, desperation, and hope of her character so well, like she was born for that role. Brittany Snow just sounds like a mildly depressed average american teen.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
He played an asshole who makes fun of people on the radio in Tusk.
But then again, that's a movie we should never talk about.

I knew he was in Tusk, but a) that film came out several years after BBS and b) I haven't seen it and didn't get the impression that he played a "villain" in that film either from what I'd heard about it.

I'll give a really underrated voice over that isn't really a big name for you. Meaghan Martin who voices Namine in Re: Chain of Memories. I was watching a stream recently of the game and it surprised me how well she did even given the awkwardness that surrounded the dubbing of that game. I'm not usually a fan of spaces in between words since it comes of as obvious that the voice actors are trying to match their voices to the characters' mouths and it kind of breaks the immersion a little for me because I know. If you listen to Namine's voice in Re:CoM though, even though it's still there, it kind of comes of as natural for her at the same time. I think Meaghan did a really good job for how she had to act it out, and Larxene's VA as well.

I completely agree. Meaghan has done a very good job of voicing Namine. I definitely prefer her over Brittney Snow myself.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Oh thanks, now you've got the image of Vanitas heckling the BBS trio over the radio in my head.

I can't believe that I forgot to mention Xigbar. That character's VA always sounds like he's having way too much fun every time he speaks. What a golden troll.

AS IF!

One day, I'll send you a wonderful fanfiction about Vanitas messing with people over the radio. From Voidy with love.

I knew he was in Tusk, but a) that film came out several years after BBS and b) I haven't seen it and didn't get the impression that he played a "villain" in that film either from what I'd heard about it.

Hah really? I thought, regarding how trashy that movie was, it'd be older, sorry.
Yeah, he doesn't have too many lines, I kinda thought this was just about his...mischievous style that fits him so much. Nevermind me then.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
I like mostly everyone's voice work other then Terra's VA for sounding so wooden till the end, and Corry Burtion, would it have killed the voice acting dicrictor to have given Frollo, and Ansem the wise different actors. He doesn't do anything to change his voice for Yen-Sid or any of the other too. Jim Cummings and Steve Blum when they have dfferent roles that at least change it up with the range or pitch of the voice. With Burton he just sounds so frickin lazy.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Hah really? I thought, regarding how trashy that movie was, it'd be older, sorry.
Yeah, he doesn't have too many lines, I kinda thought this was just about his...mischievous style that fits him so much. Nevermind me then.

Yup. It's like 2 or 3 years old at most, actually. It just happens to be a Kevin Smith film is all.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Am I the only one who didn't care much for Marlixias VA? I just think he either didn't give enough effort or didn't have the right delivery. Idk. Something was just off. Didn't seem to fit the terrible bad guy motif

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Am I the only one who didn't care much for Marlixias VA? I just think he either didn't give enough effort or didn't have the right delivery. Idk. Something was just off. Didn't seem to fit the terrible bad guy motif
I'm with you. He just sounded so wooden, matching the bland character.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I think Marlixia seemed so bland because of the voice acting. I found him to be a great villain, with him being the leader behind the betrayal and having such a well thought out, and truly evil scheme. But his voice didn't portray that. It was like "here are some lines. I'll just read through them so I can get paid"

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

he was voiced by the same guy who did blue from foster's home for imaginary friends.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Really? Why was he so flat then? I'm not doubting you. I just don't understand how he can give a performance like mar after blue

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Really? Why was he so flat then? I'm not doubting you. I just don't understand how he can give a performance like mar after blue
Could be a combination of bad direction and no context to go off of. Like usual...

redcrown

Awards
Those random misplaced and stretched pauses in the Re:com lines were quite special, weren't they?

"I trust that you know.....what you need to do"

"This was our only chance........to turn the keyblade master into our puppet. But!...that jerk Axel........he used Namine to betray us!"

"You never cared about me, just-like-you-never-cared...........................at all..........................about her feelings"

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Re:CoM is honestly the only game I haven't beaten in this series because I just can't stomach the terrible VA work.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re:CoM is honestly the only game I haven't beaten in this series because I just can't stomach the terrible VA work.

that game made me so embarrassed when playing i brought the ps2 up to a room where i was by myself to play. and was still embarrassed by the dialogue, alone.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
that game made me so embarrassed when playing i brought the ps2 up to a room where i was by myself to play. and was still embarrassed by the dialogue, alone.
Nothing could make me feel more awkward and embarrassed, even while playing alone, than KHII Atlantica. Re:CoM's got nothing on that place.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Nothing could make me feel more awkward and embarrassed, even while playing alone, than KHII Atlantica. Re:CoM's got nothing on that place.

Lul, really? I actually had quite some fun singing along with some friends when we played together once. xD

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Lul, really? I actually had quite some fun singing along with some friends when we played together once. xD
You guys are a completely different breed. I had to mute the game and wait for no one else to be in the house to get the nerve to plow through the world. o_o

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
You guys must be very insecure. lol Anyway,

For Disney, the best for me are Hades, Oogie Boogie, Maleficent, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Pooh, Hook, and TRON. Triton, Jafar, Beast, Scrooge, Jack Skellington, Iago, and Ursula are probably next-best. The worst are Sebastian, Lumiere, the Mayor of Halloween Town, Sally, Barbossa, Simba, Piglet in KH2, Frollo, and Scar. Jasmine is really bad in her first line in KH2, but besides that one moment, she does okay.

Original characters:
Best: Sora, Riku, Ansem SOD in KH1, DiZ in KH2, Roxas, Master Xehanort, Larxene, Saix, Young Xehanort, Zexion, Hayner.
Worst: Kairi in KH1 (such a drastic improvement in KH2), Xemnas, Ansem SoD post-KH1. Most of the other original characters are just bland, not bad.

FF
Best: Seifer, Squall, Yuffie, Cloud
Worst: Aerith and Vivi in KH2, Tidus and Wakka in KH1, Cid's...okay

Ches

I made an account because I'm almost astonished nobody's said Quinton Flynn with Axel. Adore his voice acting within the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back