• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best and worst voice performances in the series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yeah, that, too.
Let's never forget the dumb "you two would make the weirdest brothers" line like they weren't already. God. I'm getting shivers.

you killed my mentor

NO

MY FATHER

kh dialogue givin me the cold sweats. nothing compared to the gem that is re:com thp

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I've noticed numerous awkward lines in all the KH games. I always ask myself why they're so awkward? What are the developers trying to do? I just hope they don't continue that trend with KH3.

"Hey, we could actually make this scene very, very cool."
"But we could also make it weird, awkward and stupid."
"But why-" *fired*

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I'll never forget how Aqua says "dangerous task." Can anyone else hear it?

appleboy82791

Awards
For those that have played the game in Japanese and understand it, is it still awkward with those voice actors? Maybe it's awkward in English because it just doesn't translate well.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
For those that have played the game in Japanese and understand it, is it still awkward with those voice actors? Maybe it's awkward in English because it just doesn't translate well.

A lot of Japanese players prefer the english cast, which is why the final mixes always have english audio, but I'm not sure if it's for the novelty of the cast.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

*snickers* Or maybe it's because they just botch the translation altogether. We're lucky that Roxas got one of the best VA's in the franchise... just imagine the "Who else will I have ice cream with" line with BBS-tier delivery.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The Japanese dub is good, but primarily because the body language and the emotional expression matches up pretty well.

In comparison, the English VAs are being directed by a Japanese voice director via conference call so they are essentially giving the equivalent of Japanese performances so it comes off as awkward to us.

Japan loves the English dub, but it may be for the same reasons we in the west enjoy the Japanese dub.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
*snickers* Or maybe it's because they just botch the translation altogether. We're lucky that Roxas got one of the best VA's in the franchise... just imagine the "Who else will I have ice cream with" line with BBS-tier delivery.

Holy shit no. Don't just imagine it in BBS-tier delivery.
Imagine it in Terra's most desperately bored voice-style possible.

appleboy82791

Awards
The Japanese dub is good, but primarily because the body language and the emotional expression matches up pretty well.

In comparison, the English VAs are being directed by a Japanese voice director via conference call so they are essentially giving the equivalent of Japanese performances so it comes off as awkward to us.

Japan loves the English dub, but it may be for the same reasons we in the west enjoy the Japanese dub.

Yeah I kinda figured it was because of something like that. But I didn't know they were directed by a Japanese voice director. Thanks for that bit of info.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I didn't know that the Japanese liked the English dub better, though. Is there any particular reason for why they prefer the dub?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I didn't know that the Japanese liked the English dub better, though. Is there any particular reason for why they prefer the dub?

Same reason why people like watching anime with subs. Its better(most of the time) in the language it was created for.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Same reason why people like watching anime with subs. Its better(most of the time) in the language it was created for.

Wait... You're telling me that KH was created for the English language? I've always been told that the main reason why the English dialogue sometimes seems so awkward is because the language doesn't match up to the timing and speech patterns of the original Japanese script.

TheOtherPromise

Best VAs:
Jesse Mccartney - Roxas
HJO - Vanitas/Sora
David Gallagher - Riku
Quinton Flynn - Axel
Hayden Panettiere - Kairi

Worst VAs:
Aerith in KH 2
Jasmine in KH 2
These two were actually hard to listen to. I always feel the need to skip any scenes that they're in.

I didnt think BBS had good voice acting either but at least they weren't annoying/hard to listen to. In my opinion, the character in BBS are so bland that the performances suited the characters.

---
Wait, whats so awkward about how she says it?

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Wait... You're telling me that KH was created for the English language? I've always been told that the main reason why the English dialogue sometimes seems so awkward is because the language doesn't match up to the timing and speech patterns of the original Japanese script.

The game is 90% Disney characters/worlds. I didn't mean the lip flaps or script, I was going for the characters.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Best would be Jesse McCartney.
"It's way passed time you learned what real hurt feels like!"
That scene in the re:Coded cinematics gave me chills. His delivery is always so spot on. Even the "who else will I have ice cream with?" Made me want to cry. His voice acting really portrays Roxas and vens struggles and sadness.

Worst would be terra...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Best would be Jesse McCartney.
"It's way passed time you learned what real hurt feels like!"
That scene in the re:Coded cinematics gave me chills. His delivery is always so spot on. Even the "who else will I have ice cream with?" Made me want to cry. His voice acting really portrays Roxas and vens struggles and sadness.

Worst would be terra...

"what did i do... WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

the ham is too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back