• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best and worst voice performances in the series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Behonkiss

Website
twitter.com
I still can't believe that was Linda Larkin in KH2. She was great as Jasmine in other Aladdin-related stuff, but listening to her version of the 'Sora Donald Goofy' intro, she sounded like she recorded it when a dose of Nyquil kicked in.

Anagram

Banned
billy zane should come back as another xehanort i think, but i really don't know who he would take over as, considering they're all irreplaceable and he couldn't pull off the MX voice. maybe the sixth apprentice *shrugs*

Billy Zane, the Masters of Masters, possesses nonforeteller 6, later possesses Xehanort. Lures heroes in with his voice.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Billy Zane, the Masters of Masters, possesses nonforeteller 6, later possesses Xehanort. Lures heroes in with his voice.

if they do a villain behind a villain im going to dance in nomura's house with my shoes on

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
honestly im just really hoping nomura has something better in store than that i would be pissed.

Anagram

Banned
honestly im just really hoping nomura has something better in store than that i would be pissed.

If we're being serious, so do I. Like Seph0812 keeps pointing out, it's a VERY over done thing in this series.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If we're being serious, so do I. Like Seph0812 keeps pointing out, it's a VERY over done thing in this series.

yea, all by the same person. to not end it with with singular character would be ridiculous

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
What's ridiculous, well more so, is that he does this by making 13 of the singular character. =__=

what would be ridiculous is another villain pulling the strings of this villain who has been pulling the stings of dozens of villains by extension only to be another marionette.

Anagram

Banned
what would be ridiculous is another villain pulling the strings of this villain who has been pulling the stings of dozens of villains by extension only to be another marionette.

Ridiculous but the kinda crap "surprise" I dont put past Nomura.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
Best:

Haley Joel Osment as Sora and Vanitas, Jesse McCartney as Roxas and Ventus, David Gallagher as Riku, Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort, Mark Hamill as Master Eraqus, Quinton Flynn as Lea/Axel, Meghan Jette Martin as Namine

and of course, most of the Disney characters sound great (with a few exceptions *cough*Laverne*cough*)

Worst:

Mena Suvari as Aerith in KHII, David Boreanz as Leon is KHI, Patricia Lentz as Laverne, James Arnold Taylor as Captain Jack Sparrow, Eliza Schneider as Elizabeth Swann, James Horan as Scar

Ven_Roxas

Awards
What if Xehanort found the sixth foreteller in the kh3, and then he was controlled or possessed or just used? Then it's not like there was a villain behind the villain the entire time. Not until later in this game

redcrown

Awards
A fun way to compare the voices is to look up Kingdom Hearts battle quote extract videos. KH2 Leon is most definitely more grating to hear.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
everyone ps2 era sound like they bustin a nut when they die audo factcheck me on this

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Honestly, for a long time I didn't even notice that Leon's voice changed. Or Yuffie's. I think the awfulness of Aerith's change just distracted me from all the others lol.

reimeille

KH: Jesse McCartney for Ventus/Roxas: I love the subtle changes he makes in his voice; being youthful and sweet for Ventus, and a bit more ordinary and at times brooding for Roxas (I prefer his voice for Ventus). I also love the VA for Xigbar/Braig; he was already decent in KH2, but by 3D all I ever wanna hear is his voice, man. I'm glad they dropped the surfer talk for a more natural laid-back voice.

Disney: James Woods for Hades: My only problem is the fact that character animations were never good enough to capture the soul he puts into his voice, LOL. Literally too good for the game.

FF: Matt McKenzie for Auron. His voice already melted me in FFX... don't get me started

And for the worst... out of the originals, Terra. I always have the game on mute through Terra's entire story, not even joking. I recently played it for the first time with the sound on and well... never doing that again. I think that heavily contributed to my dislike/indifference towards Terra in general... And for non-original, Mena Suvari for Aerith. I hope Mandy Moore comes back (if she's voicing Rapunzel she may as well stay for Aerith lol), or the VA for Crisis Core. Can't think of a particularly bad Disney character, mostly because I don't remember them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back