• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best and worst voice performances in the series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoFringe49

Best:
Disney-Hades
FF-Leon
Original-Ansem, SOD (particularly in KH1)
I also loved the TWEWY cast in 3D despite Joshua not sounding how I expected him to.

Worst:
Disney-Jasmine
FF-Aerith
Original-Terra (I know Aqua's VA gets a lot of flack but i thought she was pretty good, especially compared to how bored Terra's VA sounded)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I completely agree on every level, so I have almost nothing to contribute.

James Woods turns in the most convincing performance in the whole series, which is a big accomplishment given the terrible direction.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I feel like the actors that have been in more than one game and have had more than two lines have gotten better than they started. Example: Sora, Riku, and Xemnas sound better in DDD than they did back in 2. Compared to, say, Jasmine's KHII "Sora, Donald, Goofy", and Scar.

And only one single scene by Jesse (as Ventus) always makes me laugh: his ridiculous stress in "How'd I get so SMAAAAAALLLLL"

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
kh1 was the cute kid phase of their voices, kh2 was the awkward teen phase, they still had acne in bbs but by re coded and ddd they were finally making something out of themselves.

james woods and richard epcar.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Nothing like HJO as Vanitas. <3 This'll be my favorite forever.
David Gallagher also always does a great job as Riku, but I gotta say I like his german voice actor even more.

Worst...uhm. Aerith in KH2? She always sounds so...bored. Nothing like Aerith.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Best:

HJO as Vanitas, James Wood as Hades, Jesse McCartney as Roxas and Ven, David Gallagher as Riku, and Leonard Nimoy as MX ;~;

Worst:

Mena Suvari as Aerith. Nothing will ever compare.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Best:

HJO as Vanitas, James Wood as Hades, Jesse McCartney as Roxas and Ven, David Gallagher as Riku, and Leonard Nimoy as MX ;~;

Worst:

Mena Suvari as Aerith. Nothing will ever compare.

Ah, thanks for listing out everything I was gonna say. Now I don't even need to look up VA names!

I would've added Terra on the "worst" list, but unlike KHII Aerith, he did have his moments. Even if they were few and far between.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Ah, thanks for listing out everything I was gonna say. Now I don't even need to look up VA names!

I would've added Terra on the "worst" list, but unlike KHII Aerith, he did have his moments. Even if they were few and far between.

The thing about Terra is that he actually IS as boring and two-dimensional as his voice actor presents him, so I can't even mind too much.
Imagine having to voice act the biggest idiot in history. Sounding motivated sure is hella difficult then.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Willa Holland's Aqua is a great one for me, but I've been consistently impressed by Jesse McCartney. Also, Mandy Moore's Aerith is so good.

And eh. Some of them aren't so great. Whatever.

Maverick-flame

Website
fission-firaga.tumblr.com
Shanelle Workman as Larxene will always be one of my favorites! Her emphasis on certain words and demeanor is just amazing. I really don't think they could've casted her better!

I really don't think that Sora in DDD does a better job, I enjoyed his voice much better in Re:COM and KH2.

I never thought Terra's VA was bad because he made it count when the story needed it too, which is exactly how I imagined his personality.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
can't believe i forgot to add mark hamil and leonard nimoy, especially. legends.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Jesse McCartney is the MVP of the voice cast as far as I'm concerned. It's really a surprise how good he's gotten but his work is consistently great and affecting, imo.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Jesse McCartney is the MVP of the voice cast as far as I'm concerned. It's really a surprise how good he's gotten but his work is consistently great and affecting, imo.

i have to agree. back in his first roxas role even he was pretty OP, he's done a lot with the poor voice direction he was given.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Willa was absolutely awful as Aqua. She really sounded like she didn't give a crap. No passion or interest, just flat.

As for the best, I think Richard Epclar was a good replacement for Billy Zane. Brittney Snow as Namine was also pretty good

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Willa was good for me. I think she fit Aqua well. The impression I got from Aqua was that she was someone who tried very hard to keep her emotions in check and to be stoic. After all, strong negative emotions leads to the darkness, something she would have been taught a lot by Eraqus, so I think she was just good at keeping them at bay. It worked for me without distracting me too much.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Again, I found Aqua's voice acting as okay as her overall character. There wasn't too much to herself beside her love towards her friends, and I liked the parts (the voice acting of it at least) where she defended them. So it was okay.
Compared to Ventus, Aqua and Terra do of course both sound...naaah.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i blame it mostly on voice directions. the lines were just really awkward, not really the VAs fault.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
i blame it mostly on voice directions. the lines were just really awkward, not really the VAs fault.

Yeah, that, too.
Let's never forget the dumb "you two would make the weirdest brothers" line like they weren't already. God. I'm getting shivers.

appleboy82791

Awards
I've noticed numerous awkward lines in all the KH games. I always ask myself why they're so awkward? What are the developers trying to do? I just hope they don't continue that trend with KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back