• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best and worst voice performances in the series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Best:
Christopher Lee as DiZ.
Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort
Billy Zane as Ansem, and later Richard Epcar from BBS onwards as Xehanort/Ansem as well
Jesse McCartney as Roxas/Ventus
Paul St. Peter as Xemnas
Many Disney veterans like Bill Farmer as Goofy or Horace, Jim Cummings as Pete, Pooh, Tigger.

Worst:
Jason Dohring as Terra. He's easily our Hayden Christiansen.
Willa Holland as Aqua. Not as bad as Dohring but she's still not great.
Mark Hamill as Eraqus. Here, this is a kinda entry. The dub and dialogue is so atrocious that Hamill has almost nothing to work with. He sounds ridiculous. "But you must exist no more!"

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Funny cause Terra himself is our Anakin kind of, isn't he.

Actually, "Terra" (mostly said by Ventus and Aqua) is even worse than "the master" to me. Best voice direction evur!!11

i love how they all have their own way pf pronouncing his name.

"terra!" - aqua
"ter-RA!" - ventus
"TARR-RA" - xehanort
"TERRA" - eraqus
"fucking asshole" - braig

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
that means my job here, is done.

but braig is honestly one of the best characters and JPS is the perfect voice.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Funny cause Terra himself is our Anakin kind of, isn't he.
Ha, BBS was pretty much our Prequel Trilogy. We have our midi-chlorians (Inheritance Ceremony), stiff and awkward dialogue (take a guess), equally stiff and awkward main characters, an ancient order of sword-wielding warriors that protect the world and have a master-apprentice hierarchy, and an evil old guy with yellow eyes (Xehanort) who lures the stupid young guy who can't get the title of master (Terra) with promises of power, respect, and a way to use an evil power to protect what matters/save loved ones, and the young guy goes along with this and ends up trying to murder his master/father figure in the end (Eraqus).

The similarities are Terra-fying.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
"the master" - by all diddlying apprentices. the voice direction was garbage lmao
Alright but how about this line from KH2.
tumblr_o16i3dkFVP1urxie2o1_500.png

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
nearly forgot:

HAYNER. PENCE. OLETE!

who tf names their kids that anyhow

Who tf names their kids things that literally mean water, wind, earth, sea, or sky?

Okay some of those are real names BUT STILL.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Who tf names their kids things that literally mean water, wind, earth, sea, or sky?

Okay some of those are real names BUT STILL.

they were real Japanese names. the twilight town kids sound like some fucked up "took a wrong turn and ended up in olive garden parking lot" names.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Why not call her omelette right away.
"Hayner, would you give me that Omelette of yours? I'll pay you lotsa Pence"

this sounds like a bad fanfic, i want ten chapters on my desk by tomorrow

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Ha, BBS was pretty much our Prequel Trilogy. We have our midi-chlorians (Inheritance Ceremony), stiff and awkward dialogue (take a guess), equally stiff and awkward main characters, an ancient order of sword-wielding warriors that protect the world and have a master-apprentice hierarchy, and an evil old guy with yellow eyes (Xehanort) who lures the stupid young guy who can't get the title of master (Terra) with promises of power, respect, and a way to use an evil power to protect what matters/save loved ones, and the young guy goes along with this and ends up trying to murder his master/father figure in the end (Eraqus).

The similarities are Terra-fying.

They also both take wise figures and turn them into easily manipulated fools just to advance the plot. Also Vanitas=Darth Maul.
That pun, 7/13 IGN.

redcrown

Awards
I would not care if Willa Holland was replaced (not likely but I can hope). She completely butchered almost every scene she spoke in. Only KH2 Aerith can be said to be more dead than her. Terra's actor at least seemed to be trying at times.

Also the Re:com voice acting stands on a thin line. The actors themselves weren't terrible, most fit their roles pretty well, but they had some pretty odd lines and awkward drawn out pauses to work with. It's as if they told everyone to speak as slowly as possibly to draw out the minute count, especially in Sora's story.

Maybe the never ending white rooms didn't help with the monotone feel of it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back