• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Assassin's Creed IV: YAR HAR FIDDLY-DEE

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

sooo Atticus died, who was he? Was he a former Assassin? What the hell happened to the Brotherhood?
I think you mean Achilles. Yes, he was a former Assassin. A Master Assassin in fact. The Brotherhood was overwhelmed by The Templers and they no longer saw Achilles as a threat.

Zook said:
That grave with Connor on the tombstone, does that mean Atticus had a son named Connor and that's why he gave Connor the name?
Yes.

Zook said:
Where the hell did that Apple come from that told Connor to be an Assassin?
Where the Crystal Ball came from is anyone's guess. That's like asking where Altair's Apple came from before it was in his former Mentor's hands.

Zook said:
Does that mean anyone can be told to be an Assassin/Templar? I thought it was established to be in the bloodline in earlier games?
Yes, anyone can be a Assassin/Templar. Most Assassin's are born into it. Shaun and Rebecca were both recruited, not born into it.

Zook said:
Why did the Apple crumble away?
The Crystal Ball crumbled because it served it's purpose. Juno used it to use Conner, and ultimately use Desmond.

Zook said:
What the hell are the Templars truly trying to do? At this point it seems like we can't even trust what the Assassin's say about them. I mean halfway through the game it felt like the huge twist was going to be that the Templars were actually the good guys trying to save the world and the Assassin's were the assholes trying to stop them.
The Templar's goals are to create a perfect world without violence, death, poverty or anything bad. They want to do this through order and control. They believe mankind needs to be guided and shepherd towards this idea of a perfect world of peace. But to leave mankind with free will can only lead to more war, violence, crimes, hate and death.

Zook said:
What the hell happpened with that goddess at the end? Are we just suppose to assume she diddlys over the human race like Minerva said?
Juno used to Desmond to free herself so she can rule over humanity. Exactly like Minerva said she would. We'll get more info on this when AC4 is released.

Zook said:
The list can go on.... but the biggest is still that the series fails to explain just what makes Desmond so damn important
Desmond was important because Juno and Minerva were able to see far into the future that Desmond could be able to save the world. And through his ancestory they helped guide him towards their goals which led him to The Grand Temple with enough time to save the world. Desmond was just lucky enough to be have all of these key factors allign to lead him to where he needed to be.

Zook said:
why is it him that has to touch the orb? Minerva failed to explain that as far as I could tell. Unless she was just trying to convey that he would become Moses if he didn't...IDK.
Besides the fact that Desmond was lucky enough to be in the right place in the right time, he also had a high concentration of First Civ DNA. We know having First Civ DNA allows you to resist the effects of the Apple to some degree, but we're also assuming that Desmond's First Civ DNA allowed him to activate the pedestal.

So, history leading Desmond to be in the right place at the right time, plus his First Civ DNA is what made him so important.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards

well thank you very much for that. I feel like I picked up most of that during my playthrough it just seems like the game struggled to convey some of those important plot points effectively. Like for instance now that you mention it, I do remember Shaun or someone mentioning that they chose a side and joined the Assassins.

As I played through, I noted down some comments I had about the gameplay and whatnot,

+ It's great I can finally fast walk without automatically pick pocketing NPCs in the street
- Many NPCs are still way too surprised by horses, they will jump out of the way when I'm just walking past or strafe right into your path
- Subtitles can be spotty at times
+ Charging at enemies is incredibly useful and something I found lacking from Ezio's moveset
+ It's great I can now run after picking up an enemy's weapon
- The corn fields look like absolute garbage from a distance
- some lip syncing issues, some mouths don't even move in a few cutscenes
+ the smoothness to which Connor uses cover is fantastic
- How NPCs still stand and look behind themselves when being tailed is so juvenile and seems out of place
- the multi kill animations during combat look awesome but basically take all the control from you for a few seconds
+ the context sensitive moments where I throw enemies over railings and other objects is great
- now the beggars are little kids I can't even throw out of my way?! I can't hurt any non-enemies now, why?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

This still doesn't make sense to me. Why the fuck have Ubisoft chosen to go back in time?

That's what I'm confused about. If they're choosing to go back in time and make a prequel, why give it the next number in the series? If it's further ahead in the present day, I guess that can justify it but still.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

[video=youtube;t6Ts7FAYLhQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Ts7FAYLhQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

I don't know what to say about the game after watching the trailer it could be fun, but it seems like the ship missions wont be avoidable this time around. Also Prirates... not a fan, but I do want to see where the story leads, so I'll still probably get it and maybe I'll be surprised and actually like it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Here is one that isn't private:

[video=youtube;R2EVWKn1HcQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R2EVWKn1HcQ[/video]

Edward seems to be made to be the complete opposite of Conner in every way possible. Blond, probably since he's a pirate he'll have no traditional sense of honor, sleeps around with all of the women, has a reputation for being like a demon...

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Not surprising these videos keep being made unavailable. Hopefully, this will stay up for a while, otherwise just head to neogaf and get the direct download.

[video=dailymotion;xxwp1z]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxwp1z_fbvica_travel#.UTI_O3WYE6t[/video]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I feel like Ubisoft should just let it go live right now because everybody already has access to it now.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Yeah and it's not like it'll hurt them that it's been released earlier than they planed. I guess they just want to wait for a press release.

Does anyone know why there is so much that's being leaked?

Death

Your #1 Bruh

I wonder what they're going to do with this for Desmond if they keep him in it. It looks pretty interesting. I just want to know what Desmond will get out of this. especially with that last clip at the end of the trailer of edward ( i think thats his name ) killing of that guy and taking his girl from him like a boss and as if nobody even saw it.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

man, III was pretty shitty and the only thing that looks remotely cool from it now is Tyranny of King Washington but this is just... why, ubisoft. why.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Looks like Ubisoft is trying to say, "Yes, there are lots of pirate-y things in the game, but you can still stab people from time to time."

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

man, III was pretty shitty and the only thing that looks remotely cool from it now is Tyranny of King Washington but this is just... why, ubisoft. why.
3 was still pretty awesome. I've tolerated games far more universally hated

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Looks like some of the videos posted that were private or taken down are now working. The actual world premier must have taken place.

Here's another just in case: Assassin's Creed IV: BLACK FLAG World Premiere Trailer! - YouTube

3 was still pretty awesome. I've tolerated games far more universally hated

People don't hate III because is was a shitty game. They hate it because it wasn't as good as they thought it would be.

People who say otherwise are just whiny entitled brats.

Also, I had a look at this interview here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03...-flag?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

It's pretty informative about how the next game will feel. The Rewind Theater is also neat to look at.

edit: Desmond's replacement is: You, the player. Whatever that means.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards

Looks like some of the videos posted that were private or taken down are now working. The actual world premier must have taken place.

Here's another just in case: Assassin's Creed IV: BLACK FLAG World Premiere Trailer! - YouTube

People don't hate III because is was a shitty game. They hate it because it wasn't as good as they thought it would be.

Also, I had a look at this interview here: The Dawn of Assassin

It's pretty informative about how the next game will feel. The Rewind Theater is also neat to look at.

That interview said that we are replacing Desmond to the player who are brought in by the Templars to look over Edward's life for something important.

That's what I got from it, Reagan.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards

I've always wanted a pirate game like this, it's just weird that AC is the franchise that is going to give it to me.

When I first found out how fun the navel combat in AC3 was, I immediately thought to myself "Any pirate game from now on needs to learn from AC3's navel stuff. This is the best ship to ship combat I've ever come across." So I'm kind of glad that AC is getting a pirate game.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
He certainly said everything right in that interview, open ended mission objectives, reworked stealth mechanics, open connected world. I have my doubts about all of those but if they can actually pull off those promises, I will be happy to pick it up.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I got that, I just don't get if that means we create our own character Elder Scrolls style or Saints Row style or what.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

Also, I had a look at this interview here: The Dawn of Assassin

n o

Back