• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Assassin's Creed IV: YAR HAR FIDDLY-DEE

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Re: Assassin's Creed III

I feel like they can incorporate assassinating with the boat gameplay. For example lets say you have the option of looting other ships on the sea and you do this by assassinating the crew opposite of yours kind of like real pirates. Only instead you have assassins.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

I was unaware that Snow Villiers was an assassin.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar

I have no problem with the setting. We had three good games in this series where the era was similar, and two of those had a similar setting.

so long as we get new locations and info, I don't have much in the way of complaints.

Except that was an individual trilogy all based around the same ancestor and storyline, so of course they are in the same time and similar setting. However, except for AC2, they weren't numbered titles, which are the ones to introduce the new time periods and ancestors to the series, which is why I'm disappointed now. Had this game simply been to AC3 what Brotherhood was to AC2, I would have been fine with it

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

G1WBFO8.jpg

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Suddenly makes me have the impossible hope he'd be voiced by Troy Baker.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards

Well if Kotaku is to be believed, then we'll be getting more info on AC4 on March 4th. Supposedly Kotaku can't talk about it because Ubisoft told them to hold off until that date.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards

@Reagan Rayden I don't think just because they are adding additional content for the PS3 version doesn't mean they are somehow screwing over the PC players. It probably just means Sony forked over a little ransom for the exclusive content.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

>PS3 Exclusive Edition: Includes 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay

[video=youtube;ImTTAot8wEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImTTAot8wEs[/video]

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Something interesting I've noticed, if people hadn't already made the connection. Haytham's father is the new protagonist, correct? There's the promotional art where you see him in white and blue robes, which made me think he was Connor. But if you think about it, doesn't this mean that Connor inherited his assassin's robes from his grandfather?

it'd be pretty ballin if we could see a young achilles in his assassin days or something.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards

So if Haytham's father was an Assassin, why did Haytham turn out to be a Templar? Was it Haytham that then took down his father and ultimately destroyed the Brotherhood?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

This series seems to be slipping down the slope of its story not making any sense.

Izayoi

galactic cancer

So if Haytham's father was an Assassin, why did Haytham turn out to be a Templar? Was it Haytham that then took down his father and ultimately destroyed the Brotherhood?

Haytham was an Assassin, but then he defected and became a Templar. That's why he had his hidden blades and knew Assassin techniques. Then again we've never seen Templars doing crazy stunts so idk.

I don't see why, if they're staying in the same general time period, that they're having this called ACIV. Why not AC: Black Flag? We got all those Ezio sequels so why does this get its own numbered entry? That bugs the hell out of me.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

If Haytham was originally an assassin, I hope there'll be some intentional parallels between his supposed defection and Lucy's defection (such as, bring Lucy back as a surviving character somehow in the present day and develop the plot through both her and Haytham). I can imagine Edward sending Haytham to Europe as a spy or some shit.

That, or it's Edward that defects in some plot twist.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards

It's only raised new questions with each new entry.

Tell me about it. It's taken them a larger amount of games to do it but I feel like they have really opened up a can of worms just like Kingdom Hearts did after KHII. It's a shame because it really takes you out the experience and makes the game simply not fun, no matter how good the gameplay may be.

On that note, I did just finish ACIII yesterday and I do feel like I know nothing more than when I began the game. Like just some of my questions are,
why did Charles Lee allow Connor to kill him so easily in the end?
sooo Atticus died, who was he? Was he a former Assassin? What the hell happened to the Brotherhood?
That grave with Connor on the tombstone, does that mean Atticus had a son named Connor and that's why he gave Connor the name?
Where the hell did that Apple come from that told Connor to be an Assassin? Does that mean anyone can be told to be an Assassin/Templar? I thought it was established to be in the bloodline in earlier games? Why did the Apple crumble away?
What the hell are the Templars truly trying to do? At this point it seems like we can't even trust what the Assassin's say about them. I mean halfway through the game it felt like the huge twist was going to be that the Templars were actually the good guys trying to save the world and the Assassin's were the assholes trying to stop them.
What the hell happpened with that goddess at the end? Are we just suppose to assume she diddlys over the human race like Minerva said?
The list can go on.... but the biggest is still that the series fails to explain just what makes Desmond so damn important, why is it him that has to touch the orb? Minerva failed to explain that as far as I could tell. Unless she was just trying to convey that he would become Moses if he didn't...IDK.

Haytham was an Assassin, but then he defected and became a Templar. That's why he had his hidden blades and knew Assassin techniques. Then again we've never seen Templars doing crazy stunts so idk.

Was that stated/explained at some point during the story or are we just suppose to kind of assume that?

Back