• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

After finishing BBS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ross61

I can't shake the feeling that even with all the moments of the story, it just felt dull to me. I got really underwhelmed after all the trailers. I mean, I really like the game. Its just I was expecting a rather more exciting and mysterious storyline. It didn't help that the worlds were really empty.

Did anyone else feel what I'm feeling?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
How come you're over a year late to the game?

And I felt some of what you felt. You had the game hyped up too much in your mind. It happens.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
For the most part, yes, I can sympathize. I wasn't crushed with disappointment or anything, but I think most everyone was so impressed by the trailers for BBS that the game found itself in that horrible wonderful place of being drastically over-hyped in a lot of ways. But not all of them.

Blank Points was still totally fantastic, and I felt a genuine connection with a lot of the Disney characters which I thought had been lacking in KH2 and, to a certain extent, Days. I think most of the games flaws were actually image-oriented; for instance, that scene where Ven's floating in the Lanes Between and he sees the Land of Departure, and the camera zooms in and it's just this silly looking orb...oi vey. Stuff like that. But I thought the game balanced that well with some pretty great character interplay and scene composition: the stand-off between Terra and Ven and Eraqus is still one of the greatest moments in any KH game, in my mind.

So, it was a bit of a mixed bag where some people expected a masterpiece. I expected a good game, and I think I got one.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
It was a very good game I thought. Yes everything felt rather empty, but the cutscenens for the main story really stole the show. I never let myself get too hyped for a game, with the exception of Skyward Sword, so that I can enjoy it even if it didn't live up to my expectations. I wish that there were more worlds, and that I didn't have to play through the same nine or ten thirty times because of the 3 story modes. Thats a little exaggerated though, since I haven't played the game in ages.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i understand what you mean, remembering seeing the secret ending to kh2FM the 1st time then actually plaything thru it...well left of bit "wtf happened?" but the game was still very good just not what my years of hype thought it'd be XD

Last edited:

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
i understand what you mean, remembering seeing the secret ending to kh2FM the 1st time then actually plaything thru it...well left of bit "wtf happened?" but the game was still very good just not what my years of hype thought i'd be XD

It's funny because as I played through the scene, I was like "Wait...this was supposed to happen here, here and here and they changed this...". I watched the trailer so much, that I had memorized it entirely. The only reason I felt let down by BBS is because I had been following the game since 2007 whereas I played KH I and KH II back to back without any prior knowledge of the series.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ lololol XD was you also like "hey wheres my evil grinning scene terra?" seriously >:[ i wanted that evil terra not this gullible one....

TheKHPlayer

I can't shake the feeling that even with all the moments of the story, it just felt dull to me. I got really underwhelmed after all the trailers. I mean, I really like the game. Its just I was expecting a rather more exciting and mysterious storyline. It didn't help that the worlds were really empty.

Did anyone else feel what I'm feeling?

I thought the trailers were that good. I mean the game itself could become an improvement than most handheld entries.

Samhain

Bronze Member
what i hated is they rushed our favorite part of BBS

the "fight" between MX & Vanitas vs Terra Aqua and Ven

Compare KH2FM Secret Ending to the scene in game. feels dull
they didn't add Fate of the Unknown, they didn't have Vanitas striking Terra with lighting which makes sense Vanitas going down to fight Aqua and Ven so where the hell did he go when Xehanort summoned the big cliff and Terra was falling down?

let's see what else...
they cut off the fighting part where Aqua, Ven was fighting Vanitas

they cut out Terra getting his ass wooped by MX with a hand behind his back and freezing Terra's right arm
they cut out Ven's helmet cracking noise which makes sense cause it would have been more violent but that was cool

Ven's dramatic falling off from the cliff with his keyblade shattering. if that really happened in the game they'd be all f*cked.

it felt a bit rushed in that scene but the rest i think was all good. the worlds were very good. far superior to that worthless KH2 thats for sure. i'm still sad in a way they didn't add Atlantica. because King Triton knew about the keyblade so i would have been sure that terra aqua and ven traveled through that world and MX caused chaos in it which is why King Triton doubts the keyblade

Samhain

Bronze Member
i agree
the "Ven are you okay"

oh my lord that was so retarded. you just seen a little teenage boy get iced to near death by a bald ass who can create keyblade tornados wif his hands and moving the ground and just throwing him off a cliff

"Are you okay"
Ven should have just looked at her: "-_-"

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Who gives a shit how the game looked. The gameplay, whole story really, was superb and y'all people need to respect it's ass-kickin'-ness.

strugglechamp

^ Agree. I also hated the graphics of that scene. And of course, the "Ven, are you okay?".

Bakura:"Check his pulse, Aqua."
Any LK fans? huh?
Anyway, I personally loved the game. I don't feel it was overhyped and in my opinion it was the best game since the first one or until DDD comes out.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
It wasn't that bad, but unfortunately beating the game three times doing what can be technically considered a rinse and repeat formula really tires it out.

Could've been better, but the gameplay itself wasn't really that fun to do it three times just to go through the same story from different perspectives. Especially when we've all been used to Sora's gameplay style (closest one being Ven's).

Terra's wasn't so bad, but Aqua's was especially a hassle to use at the beginning. Really drags out the story in a different way than usual.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I loved BBS, just not the flat pixeled keyblades in the TVA vs MX scene.

If anything the flat keyblades killed the fighting experience for me... I was sitting there thinking how it looked like a piece of cardboard or something... And I missed the keyblade summon effects too, like in KH2 you block or attack when you don't have a keyblade out and it shimmers into your hand. In BBS it just pops in like a texture: "YAH! Oh! Theres my keyblade :|"

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I'm not going to jump on BBS for one reason it's a handheld entry I almost never expect handheld entries to be as good as a console entry.

There were parts I was disappointed with more so than anything, but it happens I never hyped this game I was extremely on the fence about it.

Crystal

Silver Member
I love BBS, i think this game explains a lot of things which is still unclear..
And it is the beginning of everything, right..?

strugglechamp

Hey quick question since were on BBS. I was a little confused by the ending. Is Terra stuck in his keyblade armor or is still in his body but like Xehanort 's there too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back