• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Abortion - Pro life or pro choice?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
It was always to my knowledge that a living woman had more rights than an unborn fetus.

Women have more rights than anyone these days. It's nothing new.

Also, an unborn fetus have no rights. It's not sentient. It does not know its surrounding. it technically doesn't even exist yet. Therefore, it has no rights.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
But of course someone has to say it is a human being with thoughts and feelings that override the mother's. I think that is utter rubbish. You take away the mother's rights to give it to something that is living off of her like a parasite.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I think it's utter rubbish that we take away the fetus' life because of the "rights of the mother". Besides, it's not like the child isn't dependent on the parents after it leaves the womb. I mean, you can say anything at all to explain why it isn't a "person with rights"; but that doesn't change the fact that we know what it is and what the implications of abortion are.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
It's gotten to the point where I'm neutral on the issue. I don't like the idea of abortion, but I also don't like the idea of, if it's banned, women going in back alleyways and performing abortions themselves with coat hangers or whatever else they could find, or taking drugs that would not only result in the death of the fetus, but theirs as well. At any rate, there are some cases where an abortion is necessary, IMO, such as in cases where the mother's life is in danger.

Tl;dr: I'm not all for the idea of abortion, but I would rather have a place of safety women could go to should they need it than a back alley with a coat hanger or God-only-knows-what-else.

Well...wait, I guess this makes me pro-choice...

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I think it's utter rubbish that we take away the fetus' life because of the "rights of the mother". Besides, it's not like the child isn't dependent on the parents after it leaves the womb. I mean, you can say anything at all to explain why it isn't a "person with rights"; but that doesn't change the fact that we know what it is and what the implications of abortion are.

It isn't a person with rights unless there is a bill to say it is a person with rights. Therefore, if there is no bill or if the foetus is not included in the bill, then it has every right to be aborted, even if the circumstances surrounding the mother's conception are not agreeable with some people.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

If the mother has the choice to keep it, she should have the choice to get rid of it should it be an issue. She has the right to go through the act of conceiving. If she did not want the child in the first place, she should not go through with it. People who do not know her have no right to say what she can do with her body.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

As I said. It has no rights. All it is from a moral standpoint; a grey area. I say it has no rights. You say it has rights. But as of its currently stand, I'm right in this matter because frankly, the fetus has no rights.

ZiggyK

To all those who say 'abortion is murder' and such, you are wrong.

What you are destroying is a zygote, a diploid cell (or group of cells) with the potential to carry life. Comparing this with murder is exactly like saying everytime a man ejaculates and fails to conceive (safe sex, masturbation, wet dreams) or everytime a women ovulates and fails to conceive, they are murderers. Seeing as all of these result in a haploid or diploid cell with the potential to create life being destroyed.

That's right kiddies..

If abortion = murder, then women kill every month and I kill everynight before bed.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
It was always to my knowledge that a living woman had more rights than an unborn fetus.

You're talking about the right to kill a human being.

Sure there are cases where abortion might be the safest option for everyone involved, but in cases where women are just like "oh shit I forgot to use protection, now I have this baby! Gotta kill it"? Fuck them.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Because most abortions are totally like that.

Many abortions are.

Not one abortion story I've heard from people I know involves something such as the possibility of the mother dying from being pregnant.
They've all been "we don't want the baby".

Well fuck, should have thought about that earlier, you irresponsible twat.

ZiggyK

You're talking about the right to kill a human being.

Uh, no you don't.

As I said before zygotes with potential to carry life =\= human life

assuming that a zygote is human life, that would make our sperm cells and egg cells also human life (which would make it murder every time a woman gets her period).

Also, the zygote does not do the seven life processes meaning it can't be classified as living.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
As I said. It has no rights. All it is from a moral standpoint; a grey area. I say it has no rights. You say it has rights. But as of its currently stand, I'm right in this matter because frankly, the fetus has no rights.

The current legal situation means little when talking about what we feel the legal situation should be.

To all those who say 'abortion is murder' and such, you are wrong.

What you are destroying is a zygote, a diploid cell (or group of cells) with the potential to carry life. Comparing this with murder is exactly like saying everytime a man ejaculates and fails to conceive (safe sex, masturbation, wet dreams) or everytime a women ovulates and fails to conceive, they are murderers. Seeing as all of these result in a haploid or diploid cell with the potential to create life being destroyed.

That's right kiddies..

If abortion = murder, then women kill every month and I kill everynight before bed.

Conception/post-conception and pre-conception are hardly the same thing.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
From a perfectly biological standpoint, the only difference is a half set of chromosomes.

Either way, the cells have potential to create life, but are not living.

Except that we know what it'll lead to, and I find that reality pretty bloody important.

ZiggyK

Except that we know what it'll lead to, and I find that reality pretty bloody important.

We also know what it will lead to if the egg doesn't conceive, it'll pass on and a chance to create life would be destroyed. That's exactly what an abortion is. The chance to create life destroyed. Either way, it doesn't make a difference. Neither them, nor the zygote, are living.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Uh, no you don't.

As I said before zygotes with potential to carry life =\= human life

assuming that a zygote is human life, that would make our sperm cells and egg cells also human life (which would make it murder every time a woman gets her period).

Also, the zygote does not do the seven life processes meaning it can't be classified as living.

Holy fcuk there are some messed up people being brought up in the world today.

And gametes don't even carry the full set of human chromosomes.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
We also know what it will lead to if the egg doesn't conceive, it'll pass on and a chance to create life would be destroyed. That's exactly what an abortion is. The chance to create life destroyed. Either way, it doesn't make a difference. Neither them, nor the zygote, are living.

Umm, so what? No one decides to get an abortion if conception doesn't happen. The straight definition of abortion may include that, but connotation matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back