• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Abortion - Pro life or pro choice?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wii.red24

∞;5167245 said:
Be nice if wii red could actually take this seriously. But wait, doing so would require him to realise how utterly unfair his point of view is.
my unfair point of view grants life your fair point of view doesnt now i dont know about you but that just seems kinda upside down to me

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
my unfair point of view grants life your fair point of view doesnt now i dont know about you but that just seems kinda upside down to me
Your point of view forces life onto those that don't want it. My point of view allows unwanted life to not come to be. I will not say what a person should or should not do. I've not the right, nor do you. But I will offer them the choice, because everyone deserves the right to make their own choice when it comes to their body.

~*Luna*~

I definitely would not abort a child of my own. However I'm neutral when it comes to others. Late term abortions do sadden me as the methods to remove the foetus are extreme, I can't help but feel sorry for the child. I have a number of friends who have aborted and I don't condemn them, and I certainly don't condemn rape victims who have abortion.

I wouldn't abort my own child under any circumstance unless it was incredibly life threatening. I'm quite pro-life for myself, but I'm pro-choice for others since it is their choice and none of my business.

wii.red24

∞;5167259 said:
Your point of view forces life onto those that don't want it. My point of view allows unwanted life to not come to be. I will not say what a person should or should not do. I've not the right, nor do you. But I will offer them the choice, because everyone deserves the right to make their own choice when it comes to their body.

well im pretty sure the baby is gonn a want to have a life ya know and by the way ∞ its fun arguing with you youre a pretty fun guy to talk to

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
well im pretty sure the baby is gonn a want to have a life ya know and by the way ∞ its fun arguing with you youre a pretty fun guy to talk to
How can you know that? How can you say that? We have no idea, we truly don't have any, of what kind of life the baby is going to want to live and if it wants to live through that. As the one hosting the damned thing, who is not to mention older, more mature, more experienced, and actually has the ability to guess the likely outcome of these events, the mother should be the one to decide what happens.

wii.red24

∞;5167263 said:
How can you know that? How can you say that? We have no idea, we truly don't have any, of what kind of life the baby is going to want to live and if it wants to live through that. As the one hosting the damned thing, who is not to mention older, more mature, more experienced, and actually has the ability to guess the likely outcome of these events, the mother should be the one to decide what happens.

i know youre more mature because i have a different point of view i get it because of course i have no exprience in the matter no of course i havent i mean theres no way i know somebody who had to deal with this.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i know youre more mature because i have a different point of view

no, they mean the mother is older and more mature, not themselves.

And that's not always true, infinity. The mother can be as young as thirteen years old and about to suffer damage due to her small body...

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
What I said was this:

The baby has no idea what's in store for it. Neither do we. The only person who has any idea of what might happen in the baby's future is it's parents.

The baby won't be able to make any sort of decision for at least several years. You ask any kid under ten if they think they should have been aborted, they will give an automatic 'yes' and no actually thought-out answer.

The mother is hosting the baby within her own body. She's older than the baby, she's more mature than it, she's smarter, she knows the neighbourhood it might grow up in. Most of all, out of everyone around her, she has the best idea of the baby's future. Therefore she is the most qualified person to make the choice, from every aspect save for a purely medical one.

And that's not always true, infinity. The mother can be as young as thirteen years old and about to suffer damage due to her small body...
My apologies. I was the one already making extreme examples, I should have taken things like that into account.

Even more so, it's then essential that she has an abortion.

wii.red24

As the one hosting the damned thing, who is not to mention older, more mature, more experienced, and actually has the ability to guess the likely outcome of these events

no he was talking about himself golpanner

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
As the one hosting the damned thing, who is not to mention older, more mature, more experienced, and actually has the ability to guess the likely outcome of these events

Just wow.

wii.red24

This debate reminds me of what mathamas gandi once said ''First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Except you've regularly been misreading my posts and having what comes close to a contempt for the severity of this issue.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I personally dislike the idea of abortion, but I don't think it should be outlawed. Especially in the case of rape, I can't really blame the mother. No, it's not the baby's fault, but the mother shouldn't be forced to give birth to a child born of a forced union if she doesn't feel up to it. Not like the child would ever know anyway.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No, he very clearly said 'the mother', look.

∞;5167263 said:
As the one hosting the damned thing, who is not to mention older, more mature, more experienced, and actually has the ability to guess the likely outcome of these events, the mother should be the one to decide what happens.

In any case........ how can 'he host the damn thing'.... since men can't get pregnant? That would make no sense...

∞;5167271 said:
My apologies. I was the one already making extreme examples, I should have taken things like that into account.

Even more so, it's then essential that she has an abortion.

That's ok :3 Yes, I agree. In come cases, abortions MUST happen or else the mother will die, or both will die anyway.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
its not that hard because ya see all ya got ta do is grab the phone book look under foster child services while his mommy is gone and give them a call and be like ya know my moms kinda lame and i want to be put in a different home yeah its that simple i know people who have done this personally

I think you're not seeing the whole picture here regarding the matter. The situation is far more complicated for both the mother and the baby than you think.

And by the way, children aren't really that smart.

I'm pro choice personally.
It is problematic to think of it from an ethical point of view, seeing it as killing a potential human life and all, but on the other hand, if the mother is already so far that she wants an abortion, then she probably wouldn't be able to care for it properly anyway. I think the problems with a forced child are overall greater than with the abortion itself.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Out of curiosity, how many of the people who are against abortion are women?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I hate this entire argument. Barring special cases (such as rape and the like), it's based exclusively on when you consider something to be human. For example, I believe that, even as a "parasite", that it's a human from conception. It's not going to be anything but human, after all (and therefore, I refer to it as a human). Where as there are some people that think the mother should be allowed the option even after birth.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I don't agree with abortion, and I would never get one, but I'm not going to stop another woman from choosing to get one.

Aoibhe

I'm pro-life, unless the baby needs to be removed to save the mother for medical reasons and such.

Funny how you can do jail time for harming a pet, but you can legally go to a clinic to kill a human being.

It all depends on how you define a "human being", when exactly does an embryo become human?

But that's another debate in itself...

I believe in pro-choice, but it would take a really strong person to go through with an abortion... Or atleast a woman with a very strong reason. Personally, I'm not that strong enough. Even if the world was about to end because of it, I don't think I could ever give up a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back