• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2009 MLB Season

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I can still see the Phillies getting him, but it would be an extremely risky deal with all the young talent we'd be losing.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
It seems to be that way with most teams; Would they be willing to give up 3-4 top tier prospects for one pitcher, and maybe an add in.

The risk is that you don't know what the prospects will turn out to be.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Well J.A. Happ is a rookie pitcher who is more under the national radar, with an 8-0 record. Drabek is clearly the best player in the Phillies's system. Not sure much more about Scranton-Wilkes Barre (Phillies's AAA team) or the rest of the system, but I do know that there are a few other solid pitchers the Phillies could trade.

The Yankees still have the money, since they're the Yankees

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
The Yankees still have the money, since they're the Yankees

Yup. We should try to get Halladay. Just don't know who we'd give to get him. Lord knows we need some pitching. Burnett and Sabathia can't do it for us all the time. Petite has it some nights and doesn't other nights, Wang is injured again, and don't even get me started on Joba. Man, imaging how we'd be if we landed Halladay. Oh man, *mouth begins to water*

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
Honestly, I think that the asking price is too high. But hey, who knows what'll happen.

3-4 top prospects =/=Halladay + an older guy who's contract you have to take; IMO

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Yeah but I wonder how long the Phillies can keep it going. I almost see the Phillies as the Cubs of last year.

Anyway I am disappointed in my Cardinals after today. They went out and got Roy Holliday from the Oakland A's which looks good on the surface, but we traded a guy that was talked to be our third basemen next year and years to come. Also traded 2 other players for a guy we won't be able to sign after this season. I understand we want to win now, but I thought the team we had before this trade looked good now and we could make a good second half push, but now I don't know.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I of course will stay confident in my Phillies. Brad Lidge is starting to get back into the swing of things, Pedro martinez hasn't pitched yet, and will hopefully be ready soon, and I'm still hearing talks of Halliday. The Phillies pitching staff is going to look strong come postseason.

And yeah, the Cardinals did make a nice short term deal. But trading that 3rd baseman (the name slips my mind atm) will hurt them in the future.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
Yeah but I wonder how long the Phillies can keep it going. I almost see the Phillies as the Cubs of last year.

Anyway I am disappointed in my Cardinals after today. They went out and got Matt Holliday from the Oakland A's which looks good on the surface, but we traded a guy that was talked to be our third basemen next year and years to come. Also traded 2 other players for a guy we won't be able to sign after this season. I understand we want to win now, but I thought the team we had before this trade looked good now and we could make a good second half push, but now I don't know.

Fix'd.

And I kind of have to laugh at Lugo hitting a home run and scoring two runs. He sucked for us.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Shocker, Phillies rejected the Halliday deal. In other words, they realized that they were better off in the future if they kept thir young pitching studs. Apparently the Dodgers are in the discussion now, which doesn't surprise me much at all.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Yeah, the thing with Smoltz is that he is way past his prime. He's been pitching for years, and a shitty season like this was bound to happen eventually.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
Yeah. I guess Theo (GM) thought that he still had something left. Laroche has been a good pickup so far, though.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
The Sox are going after Halliday, but I think it's hilarious that they're trying to get him without giving up

-Daniel Bard
-Clay Buchholz
-Casey Kelley
-Ryan Westmoreland

IMO they should trade Buchholz. It seems like we've seen what we will from him, and they should still trade him while the value's high.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
Love the Phillies/Indians trade. Cliff Lee's gonna be an awesome addition to the Phillies.

The Mariners/Pirates trade was good in my opinion, the M's get a quality Shortstop in Jack Wilson and a young pitcher with Ian Snell for a Catcher that is not really a Catcher lol, a Shortstop who's been a nightmare with RISP and 3 minor leaguers who I've never heard of.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back