• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2009 MLB Season

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Money buys skills. So yes it does help that they have big payroll they can get good players. It also helps Philly wasn't play there best.

and wait you change too a Yankee fan after they won?

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Yankees didn't win it on money or HGH or just luck. They have talent on that team and their talent showed up more than the Phillies talent. I mean Howard struck out in half of his at bats in the World Series, they had 4 players in their starting lineup that ended up batting .217 or lower, Hamels didn't have it, Pedro looked off, Lidge went back to his regular season ways, and the overall team just could get it going without Lee on the mound.

For the Yankees they didn't have Cano or Teixeria going, but A-Rod hit for .250 (better than Howard), Damon and Jeter and Matsui hit for over .350. Also their pitching showed up when needed. Rivera shut the Phillies down and it is crazy since he only pretty much has 1 pitch.

Overall the Yankees won cause they decided they were going to show up. And the Phllies lost it because they decided they weren't.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Yankees didn't win it on money or HGH or just luck. They have talent on that team and their talent showed up more than the Phillies talent. I mean Howard struck out in half of his at bats in the World Series, they had 4 players in their starting lineup that ended up batting .217 or lower, Hamels didn't have it, Pedro looked off, Lidge went back to his regular season ways, and the overall team just could get it going without Lee on the mound.

For the Yankees they didn't have Cano or Teixeria going, but A-Rod hit for .250 (better than Howard), Damon and Jeter and Matsui hit for over .350. Also their pitching showed up when needed. Rivera shut the Phillies down and it is crazy since he only pretty much has 1 pitch.

Overall the Yankees won cause they decided they were going to show up. And the Phllies lost it because they decided they weren't.

the yankees have this thing

"when Rivera comes on the field. you know...its pretty much over.

D

The KR3W
I live right outside of Philly. Lot of shit being talked about the Yankees and how they can only win by spending $265 million in the offseason. It's just a shame we had to lose HK and the title in the same year.

That's all that was talked about where I'm at. Though some people I'm hearing go a bit over dramatic with the loss that the Phillies had, it still sucks nonetheless.

Little disappointed with the Phillies for just dropping the ball in the World Series where they could've had it if not for some fatal mistakes that they had. Though congratulatory goes to the Yanks for their 27th (Not gonna hear the end of this for quite some time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back