• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2009 MLB Season

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Though I will say tonight they might get rocked cause I don't have confidence in Pedro yet.
Well I have, and that is being reaffirmed right now with a 12-1 lead in the bottom of the 4th (Werth scored just as I was typing this). While that doesn't mean Pedro's pitching has been amazing, this at least takes some pressure off him on the mound.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well Pedro looked good, but we will see. he was good early on and everything, but as he got to the 5th you could see him missing his spots. He will get better cause he doesn't have nearly as much pressure on him as he did with the Mets. I mean he is the 5th starter so yeah.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Yeah. I'm hoping his arm strength returns come late August/early September. That would just make the Phillies rotation incredible, with Cliff Lee, Cole Hamels (regardless of his off-year, I am confident he will get his swagger back soon), Joe Blanton, rookie phenom J.A. Happ, and Pedro.

And Cliff Lee continues to be a great pickup for the Phillies. He went 8 innings, gave up 1 run and 6 hits.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Yeah yeah double post. But did anyone see the end of the Phillies/Mets game today? Pedro got the win, Lidge the save. But more importantly, Eric Bruntlett, who was subbing for Utley for the day at 2nd, made a fucking brilliant unassisted triple play to end it.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Yeah the game was crazy. I mean the 2nd basemen makes 2 errors in a row to put runners on then makes up for it by getting the next 3 outs in one play. That was fucking amazing.

Also woo hoo Smoltz. He had actually pretty good outing for the Cards, and even though it was only against San Diego he did show great promise. I also like to point out that Chris Carpenter has been pitching amazingly as well as Adam Waynwright and both seem to be looking at Cy Young.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I don't see Wagner doing much besides bringing tension. I mean Pappelbon already said they didn't need him and to bring him in might make others in that bullpin feel weird.

T

TyRockwell

Wow I lost all respect for Manny. Not just the steroids, but for the mere fact that he used a women's fertility drug. What a faggot.

The whole thing with Romero pissed me off so much because he did nothing wrong.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Wow I lost all respect for Manny. Not just the steroids, but for the mere fact that he used a women's fertility drug. What a faggot.

Someone is extremely late to the party. You're talking about some very old news here.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns

All I can say to this is....IDIOT! That happened like back in May.....

I don't care what Manny did, he did it now it is gone. Also who is Romero?

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
who is Romero?
Phillies pitcher who started the season suspended for 50 games for taking over the counter supplements with a banned substance in it. Really, while that situation was gay, all players should have the common sense to read the fucking labels to see what's in the drug.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Oh ok never heard of of him. Yeah if you get caught your fault. I wish players would just learn to take responsiblity for themselves instead of blaming someone else.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I doubt a repeat. I hope the Cardinals will win it, but for some odd reason i think everyone is rooting for the Yankees to win.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Well, the Yankees are due for it, but I just can't root for a team that buys their talent. The only negative with the Phillies is the shaky pitching from Lidge and Hamels. Hopefully they will be able to step it up.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
I aprove of the Sox losing their way into the playoffs. Not really, but I'm not getting good vibes about this year's postseason.

Mothafuckin' Yankees. I'd like the Tigers (OMG THE TWINS COULD STILL MAKE A RUN!) to beat 'em, because if the Sox and Yankees faced in the ALCS, I have a feeling we'd get swept.

Also, the Phillies are looking better and better, I must say.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Actually lately the Phillies seemed to be regressing. DId you not see the game last night? Lee just didn't have his normal stuff. Also they are looking like they will face the Rockies and they cannot think that since they are just the wild card it will be easy. These two teams are both powerhouses so should be a really good series.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
It would be the 3rd straight year the Phillies would the Rockies in the playoffs. And I'm hoping last night Lee was just taking it easy, since they are in the playoffs and they would be boned if Lee got hurt.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well looks like most of the series are set.

NL
Cardinals vs Dodgers
Rockies vs Phillies

AL
Boston vs Angels
Twins/Tigers vs Yankees.

For my predictions well I will wait till tomorrow night to give them full mainly cause the final spot will be decided then. Though I will say this that the NL will need to step it up cause 3 of the 4 teams are coming into the playoffs with a weak end to the season. It really doesn't matter if they clinched already or not cause one thing Tony LaRussa said that I think is true for any team is this, "No team can cut if off then turn it back on when playoffs start." Morale can be low in those 3 club houses and turning it "on" might be incredibly hard.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
So the Dodgers swept the Cards. I knew the Cardinals might get swept when I saw Matt Holliday make that error that cost them Game 2.

I'm confident that the Dodgers can make it to the World Series. And I confident that the Yankees will go all the way, too.

My prediction, the Yankees will either go up against the Dodgers (and win in six, maybe) or against the Phillies (and win in seven).

Well, the Cubs didn't make it. I don't care, really. This year was full of disappointment, especially from Milton Bradley and Big Z. Both need to be traded. Zambrano will never be a Cy Young contender if he keeps pitching the way he was this year. And Milton Bradley....don't even get me started on that f*ck up. If he isn't the first person traded, I swear I will hit Jim Hendry over the head with a bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back