• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

••••

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: A KHI Encyclopedia: A guide to the convolution & little known facts of the series

Thats good, the series itself is confusing but the time travel in particular is a mess to explain. ;n;

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Re: A KHI Encyclopedia: A guide to the convolution & little known facts of the series

Thats good, the series itself is confusing but the time travel in particular is a mess to explain. ;n;
The time travel IS a really odd factor, but it honestly fits the bill. I mean, I couldn't have been the only person who was unfazed by its addition, right?

Gram

Banned
Awards

I'm sure your not. For me it's not so much that it was added but the overall fan confusion of it when it's explained by Xehanort himself on two occasions, one in a simple manner. o_o
It's literally the most explained detail in the series yet many still get confused. Kinda a shame too since Nomura hardly ever explains a concept in-game.

ChibiHearts249

Awards

I'm sure your not. For me it's not so much that it was added but the overall fan confusion of it when it's explained by Xehanort himself on two occasions, one in a simple manner. o_o
It's literally the most explained detail in the series yet many still get confused. Kinda a shame too since Nomura hardly ever explains a concept in-game.
Perhaps getting what we've wanted after so long confused all the players? XD

When you put it that way, I suppose he really DOES explain it. Or at least all the points that actually matter, anyway. The concept of time travel IS just conjecture, so leaving some things muddy in an explanation makes perfect sense.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Perhaps getting what we've wanted after so long confused all the players? XD

When you put it that way, I suppose he really DOES explain it. Or at least all the points that actually matter, anyway. The concept of time travel IS just conjecture, so leaving some things muddy in an explanation makes perfect sense.

I'm with Gram on this, though, because it's not the muddy things that seem to confuse: it's the things explicitly spelled out? I tried to explain it to a friend once - not the time travel, the misconceptions. And I said "Imagine having to say to someone: 'airplanes cannot fly underwater.' You don't allude to this. You don't imply it or say it in fancy words, you say 'Airplanes cannot fly underwater.' And then afterwards, someone comes up to you and says 'Why didn't they use the airplane to get to the underwater city of Atlantis?'"

And then I stopped and said, "No, that's not literal enough. Imagine if you said 'Airplanes cannot fly underwater,' and afterwards, someone comes up and says 'I cannot believe they flew to Atlantis, this ruins the entire series.'" Some folks have drawn weird and faulty conclusions about KH's time travel, and blame DDD for it, even though many of them seem to be conclusions the game said weren't even possible in the first place?

Kingdom Hearts has enough plot holes to sink a battleship but the fandom likes to point fingers at intact stretches of walls? The kicker is, the series' reputation has been suffering for it. This is now "The series that was ruined because of time travel" to some people. I suppose KH3 could still do something bonkers, but...

Sorry, it's become more than a pet peeve to see people dissing your favourite series for a reason that... doesn't really exist?

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Awards

@Blackdrazon: Well of course! You're absolutely right about the things others tend to think. People home in on things they find easiest to relate to or explain in some way. So if they find a mostly complete sentence among an ocean of individual words; they're going to notice that and find fault with it.

People like the IDEA of change. Receiving what you wish for oftentimes leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

People home in on things they find easiest to relate to or explain in some way.

I think this is the problem, I think a lot of fans hear "Time Travel," relate it to a version of time travel they've seen elsewhere, and don't listen to the rest? Poor Harry Potter gets the same noise, but Kingdom Hearts looks sillier for saying "No, no you can't!" outright and people still said you could.

In the end, we should just all never write time travel. I'm not even kidding, it's not worth this fuss. I may have made this suggestion here before, but everyone go read Bob and George and resolve to never write time travel again. Yes, it was written 14-7 years ago. Yes, it's an early sprite comic and that's trite (it's the first popular sprite comic!). But it was written by a physicist, and he knew how to make time travel stupid enough to be funny in ways you've never imagined. After seven years of stories about how much time travel stinks, you'll never want to write it again, either.

Or we can tape a URL to Gram's guide on every copy of KH3. That sounds feasible! I love this plan, I'm glad to be a part of it!

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards

He does explain the parts that matter, fans just dont' bother to pay attention to his explanation and then whine about it.

Kingdom Hearts has enough plot holes to sink a battleship but the fandom likes to point fingers at intact stretches of walls? The kicker is, the series' reputation has been suffering for it. This is now "The series that was ruined because of time travel" to some people. I suppose KH3 could still do something bonkers, but...

Sorry, it's become more than a pet peeve to see people dissing your favourite series for a reason that... doesn't really exist?
KH has few plotholes actually, that's another thing fans cry. In truth what isn't explained is left ambiguous but I do agree with what your saying.

@Blackdrazon: Well of course! You're absolutely right about the things others tend to think. People home in on things they find easiest to relate to or explain in some way. So if they find a mostly complete sentence among an ocean of individual words; they're going to notice that and find fault with it.

People like the IDEA of change. Receiving what you wish for oftentimes leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.

I think this is the problem, I think a lot of fans hear "Time Travel," relate it to a version of time travel they've seen elsewhere, and don't listen to the rest? Poor Harry Potter gets the same noise, but Kingdom Hearts looks sillier for saying "No, no you can't!" outright and people still said you could.

In the end, we should just all never write time travel. I'm not even kidding, it's not worth this fuss. I may have made this suggestion here before, but everyone go read Bob and George and resolve to never write time travel again. Yes, it was written 14-7 years ago. Yes, it's an early sprite comic and that's trite (it's the first popular sprite comic!). But it was written by a physicist, and he knew how to make time travel stupid enough to be funny in ways you've never imagined. After seven years of stories about how much time travel stinks, you'll never want to write it again, either.

Or we can tape a URL to Gram's guide on every copy of KH3. That sounds feasible! I love this plan, I'm glad to be a part of it!
That is indeed the problem. They compare it to other series with time travel, all of them which rely on the parallel timeline theory.
KH however follows the Novikov principle which is honestly simpler than the others yet somehow they are still confused. The topic has become close to being a second "Roxas is Ventus!!!!omg!!!!" topic which took for freaking ever to die off.

Time travel should definitely not be used in a story unless that story is made with it in mind. Like the series Doctor Who or even the game Ocarina of Time, these stories revolve around time travel in a major way.
For KH however it gives the feel that Nomura just threw it in to give us Bishie/young Xehanort and to bring Ansem/Xemnas back which was redundant when he already had decade old concepts to do that with.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Upon reading the new version of time travel its well thought out. I do have question. If Master Xehanort can't change destiny, but can make certain events go his own way. What is the point in changing those events, if they're all going to end up the same way? Speaking of which, is time traveling a way for Master Xehanort to prolong his life longer in order to obtain Kingdom Hearts or whatever goal he has set out to do? [If any of this was answered before, many apologizes. :3 It was something on my mind lately after playing KH1.5 and meeting the Brown Cloak figure.]

Gram

Banned
Awards

Upon reading the new version of time travel its well thought out. I do have question. If Master Xehanort can't change destiny, but can make certain events go his own way. What is the point in changing those events, if they're all going to end up the same way?
So that he has 13 vessels. He's not so much out to change history, since he already said he can't, but to fill the 13 seats of his Org.

Speaking of which, is time traveling a way for Master Xehanort to prolong his life longer in order to obtain Kingdom Hearts or whatever goal he has set out to do? [If any of this was answered before, many apologizes. :3 It was something on my mind lately after playing KH1.5 and meeting the Brown Cloak figure.]
No. He's already prolonged his life by taking Terra's body and then dividing into Ansem & Xemnas. He used them as stepping stones in a sense to get everything for his KH3 scheme ready.
Time travel is just his means of gathering 13 versions of himself although not every member is from the past, in fact, the only actual confirmed traveler right now is YX. ;3

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

This is a really good Encyclopedia. It's going to answer most of my searches. I'm still kind of iffy pertaining to the Xehanort's different forms.

Gram

Banned
Awards

^
Happy you like it! ^_^
Which forms are you iffy on? I tried to add a spoiler box for each form.

EDIT:
Somehow I missed a rather interesting and often asked detail. Dx I apologize to all:

Data Sora can newly obtain a legitimate Keyblade during his adventure, but are there changes to the real Keyblade when that happens?

Nomura: No, it’s a data version the entire time. However like with the first Keyblade, it wasn’t created by someone else. It comes from the heart’s connections with the data, hinting towards the story theme, “Can a heart be born in an existence made of data?”

Yes folks the entire time, Data Sora's keyblade is digital. But as Nomura also points out it wasnt conventional in the sense someone made it, it just happened to appear bringing up the question and subtle confirmation that Data!Sora does have a heart.

I edited it into the OP under miscellaneous with the other odd and end details as well.

Awards

This is amazing. I loved every minute of it. Thank you for making this it was a phenomenal refresher course and it gave me some clarity regarding Aqua's interaction with Sora. I originally took it as she was giving Sora permission to use the keyblade in the event Riku fell to darkness. You cleared it up so thank you.

Gram

Banned
Awards

This is amazing. I loved every minute of it. Thank you for making this it was a phenomenal refresher course and it gave me some clarity regarding Aqua's interaction with Sora. I originally took it as she was giving Sora permission to use the keyblade in the event Riku fell to darkness. You cleared it up so thank you.

Glad you liked it! =D
Yeah that Aqua and Sora scene can be a bit confusing at first. =3

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Hey Gram, wanted to ask. Nobodies don't feel anything. They remember the memories but they don't know, would they be considered as "Memories" since they carry remnants in themselves?

Gram

Banned
Awards

Hey Gram, wanted to ask. Nobodies don't feel anything. They remember the memories but they don't know, would they be considered as "Memories" since they carry remnants in themselves?

Nobodies can't feel anything at first. They remember what emotions are like but can't exactly feel them themselves. It's kinda like you remembering pain from a past injury or sad event. They remember it but dont feel it so it is in a sense a memory of emotion.

They do eventually grow a new heart though given the right stimulus so it's probably hard for both them and other people to notice when they shift from remembering to truly feeling.
Like how Axel just suddenly noticed he was truly enjoying something in CoM.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin

i have question to about sora keyblade and the X-blade how come the X-blade looks like sora key and mickey is sora special or what and i have theory in KH3 sora can wield the X-Blade do you think its possible we know roxas keyblade two became one its like they fuse how about sora and mickey if both fuse there keyblade well it became X- blade tho i know it wont happen it only work if light clash with darkness like ven vs vanitas but i want to know what you guys think

Gram

Banned
Awards

i have question to about sora keyblade and the X-blade how coe the X-blade looks like sora key is sora special or what and i have theory in KH3 sora can wield the X-Blade do you think its possible we know roxas keyblade two became one its like they fuse how about sora
As far as we know, no. The Xblade is the original, a class all it's own outside any keyblade wielded by Sora or others.
The Xblade looking like two kingdom keys is probably just on Nomura.

Like for instance, if you look at the Xblade's keychain the symbol on it is the same one Xehanort used to mark his Emblem heartless.

It's just all aesthetic unless Nomura decides to say otherwise in KH3.

Gram

Banned
Awards

ok but you think sora and riku well use the power they got in the MoM since they got new powers after the test

I'd imagine so. The entire point of DDD wasn't the MoM itself but to get that power from the sleeping keyholes. So I'm sure we'll see it used however it's meant to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back