• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

••••

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebedy

Awards
Re: A KHI Encyclopedia: A guide to the convolution & little known facts of the series

I think Naminé is just Naminé, which is definitely a concept that seems to bother a lot of people, haha.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Re: A KHI Encyclopedia: A guide to the convolution & little known facts of the series

Very well-covered, Gram! :D

Among my friends, I'm our walking, talking, Kingdom Hearts Encyclopedia. What they need to know, I provide for them. It really IS exhausting to keep up with it all, let alone compile as much of it into one place as THIS. But you thoroughly covered pretty much all of it, and I REALLY appreciate your nod to discussing the "Heart, Body, and Soul" part. I always feel like people ignore the original Ansem Reports; probly cuz they think the universe was just new and they were placeholders till we got more concrete facts. That may be true in a fashion, but I still think it clears a lot up.

-Xehanort was a seriously crafty guy. I've run all this through various scenarios in my mind, but the outcome is always the same. Nomura didn't originally plan on continuing the series, or maybe it simply wasn't set in stone. But with Ansem SoD defeat at the DtD during the end of KH1, he really DID have all his schemes thought out. In my mind, KH1 WAS the last game. It completed Xehanort's meticulously well-laid plans.
-When Ansem is defeated by Sora, during the ending cutscene; we see him get blasted by the light. If you look closely during the shot where you see his whole body from the back, you will see a sort've "halo of light" flash around his chest. Now, for those of us KH wizards, we know what that means. The release of a heart. That crafty jerk released his heart before he was vaporized by the powers of awesome. We see similar animation for Ventus, Sora, and Master Xehanort when THEIR hearts are released.
-So Ansem made his great escape as ONLY a heart, went back in time, and set EVERYTHING in motion. On Sora's end, at least. He was the final piece to the puzzle that would resurrect our resident Sith Lord; so technically from my PERSONAL theorizing perspective...KH1 was the final game in a symbolic sense. It was the "beginning of the end," so to speak.

And that's my 2 cents to add to this in-depth thread ;3

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards

I've been reading this post for a while, and I've just finished. It's a really great thread, thank you for taking the time to make it. :D
One thing I got very confused about was DDD's ending, mostly when the Brown Robed figure was on DI. It's kind of embarrassing, but that whole part of the game went right over my head. I should replay DDD, I've only gone through once. :p

Anyway, yes, this post cleared up that part and I've been refreshed on others! Thanks again Anagram. :D

Also, maybe this thread deserves to be Sticky'd?

LedxirnSimon

This thread is like a new and updated version of Ansem report which you managed to collect scattered reports altogether and piece all puzzle pluses of the series's mysteries together into the picture just like the reports from KH1, 2, Days, BBS and DDD. ;D

Gram

Banned
Awards

I think Naminé is just Naminé, which is definitely a concept that seems to bother a lot of people, haha.
Now now let's not laugh at others for their curiosities or their love to theorize. We're better than that.

Very well-covered, Gram! :D

Among my friends, I'm our walking, talking, Kingdom Hearts Encyclopedia. What they need to know, I provide for them. It really IS exhausting to keep up with it all, let alone compile as much of it into one place as THIS. But you thoroughly covered pretty much all of it, and I REALLY appreciate your nod to discussing the "Heart, Body, and Soul" part. I always feel like people ignore the original Ansem Reports; probly cuz they think the universe was just new and they were placeholders till we got more concrete facts. That may be true in a fashion, but I still think it clears a lot up.
Thanks, the 'heart, body, soul' part was one that I seen most missed myself so I made sure to cover it best I could.
I've seen similar. A bit sad really that the KH1 & 2 reports go unnoticed.

-Xehanort was a seriously crafty guy. I've run all this through various scenarios in my mind, but the outcome is always the same. Nomura didn't originally plan on continuing the series, or maybe it simply wasn't set in stone. But with Ansem SoD defeat at the DtD during the end of KH1, he really DID have all his schemes thought out. In my mind, KH1 WAS the last game. It completed Xehanort's meticulously well-laid plans.
-When Ansem is defeated by Sora, during the ending cutscene; we see him get blasted by the light. If you look closely during the shot where you see his whole body from the back, you will see a sort've "halo of light" flash around his chest. Now, for those of us KH wizards, we know what that means. The release of a heart. That crafty jerk released his heart before he was vaporized by the powers of awesome. We see similar animation for Ventus, Sora, and Master Xehanort when THEIR hearts are released.
-So Ansem made his great escape as ONLY a heart, went back in time, and set EVERYTHING in motion. On Sora's end, at least. He was the final piece to the puzzle that would resurrect our resident Sith Lord; so technically from my PERSONAL theorizing perspective...KH1 was the final game in a symbolic sense. It was the "beginning of the end," so to speak.

And that's my 2 cents to add to this in-depth thread ;3
Interesting interruption. Didn't even notice that small light halo till you mentioned it. =O

I've been reading this post for a while, and I've just finished. It's a really great thread, thank you for taking the time to make it. :D
One thing I got very confused about was DDD's ending, mostly when the Brown Robed figure was on DI. It's kind of embarrassing, but that whole part of the game went right over my head. I should replay DDD, I've only gone through once. :p

Anyway, yes, this post cleared up that part and I've been refreshed on others! Thanks again Anagram. :D

Also, maybe this thread deserves to be Sticky'd?

This thread is like a new and updated version of Ansem report which you managed to collect scattered reports altogether and piece all puzzle pluses of the series's mysteries together into the picture just like the reports from KH1, 2, Days, BBS and DDD. ;D

Glad you guys are finding it so useful! =D Was beginning to fear that week of work was gonna go to waste.
I went through it again last night to further simplify and refine it so if you need to come back to find something hopefully it's even easier for you guys to sort through. ^_^

@Showdown: Don't worry, DDD either irked or confused everybody. =3

Last edited:

Zebedy

Awards

Now now let's not laugh at others for their curiosities or their love to theorize. We're better than that.
I wasn't really laughing at anyone with that comment. but, ok.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: A KHI Encyclopedia: Delving into the series mythos

Finally got around to start reading this. It is very detailed and helpful. Thanks Anagram! :D

Glad everyone enjoyed it and find it helpful. ^_^

Yeah it's hard to see, especially on original PS2. =3 Not sure if I added an image in the OP but here's one in case you've never noticed it before:
Kingdom_Hearts_is_Light_07_KH.png

See it behind the DtD? That's Ansem's false KH. 8D

o_O What the-? I can't believe with the amount of times I have seen the ending to KH1 (which has got to be about 10 or so now) I have never noticed that KH behind the DtD. xD It actually looks really ominous.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: A KHI Encyclopedia: Delving into the series mythos

o_O What the-? I can't believe with the amount of times I have seen the ending to KH1 (which has got to be about 10 or so now) I have never noticed that KH behind the DtD. xD It actually looks really ominous.

lol It's definitely hard to see. The first time I noticed it was around my 11th or 12th playthrough of the original and darker SD screen of the PS2.
It definitely does look rather ominous. Imagine starring that thing down.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I know I'm REALLY late to responding to this, but...I feel really inspirational.
ヾ(。◕ฺ∀◕ฺ)ノ

After lurking in some other corners of the internet, now I'm tempted to write a sort of "companion piece" listing the most common misconceptions. That's another big issue this series has, since the series has so many twists and turns and many things are restricted to the interviews, not only are fans confused, but many also take false information as fact. It doesn't seem like such an issue until you go to certain areas and see how dense it is.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

This is fantastic! I can only hope that one day, all this information will be compiled together (along with all the missing pieces we don't yet have) by Nomura himself, and Square will release a physical encyclopedia for the series, like Assassin's Creed or The Legend of Zelda have done.

ChibiHearts249

Awards

This is fantastic! I can only hope that one day, all this information will be compiled together (along with all the missing pieces we don't yet have) by Nomura himself, and Square will release a physical encyclopedia for the series, like Assassin's Creed or The Legend of Zelda have done.
YES! I'm hoping KH3 has either an art book or a timeline, like the Hyrule Historia.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I know I'm REALLY late to responding to this, but...I feel really inspirational.
ヾ(。◕ฺ∀◕ฺ)ノ

After lurking in some other corners of the internet, now I'm tempted to write a sort of "companion piece" listing the most common misconceptions. That's another big issue this series has, since the series has so many twists and turns and many things are restricted to the interviews, not only are fans confused, but many also take false information as fact. It doesn't seem like such an issue until you go to certain areas and see how dense it is.
A companion piece would be awesome. =D
Indeed, the biggest contributor to the misconception is the kh wiki and youtube. Most fans take everything they see in both as fact when you can find game or interview comments debunking most of both.

YES! I'm hoping KH3 has either an art book or a timeline, like the Hyrule Historia.

A KH Historia would be so welcome, like plz Nomura. ;A;

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

A KH Historia would be so welcome, like plz Nomura. ;A;

I've wanted one since I got my hands on Hyrule Historia. It was literally my first thought when I began to read through it. And it boggles me that, if not an encyclopedia, that at least a cumulative artbook hasn't been made for KH yet. I can only hope they're waiting for KH3 to make one, and not ignoring the potential of such an idea.

ChibiHearts249

Awards

KH3 would be PERFECT to finally release the art book with! End of the Xehanort Saga, first numbered game in over 8 years...Yeah.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

KH3 would be PERFECT to finally release the art book with! End of the Xehanort Saga, first numbered game in over 8 years...Yeah.

Seriously. They're sort of doing the encyclopedia thing for 2.5 in Japan with that Series Memorial Ultimania. If they're not giving it to us, I feel that it would make perfect sense to release alongside KH3, if it's not in any sort of collector's edition.

That's what Zelda did. HH was released separately alongside Skyward Sword. So, they had a big section dedicated to SS, then they had another section that had tons of art and info on every previous game as well. Zelda has way more entries than KH. So, needless to say, they could easily do the same thing. Make a big old KH3 section, as well as sections for every other game in the series, include interviews and such, blahblahblah make it as expensive as it needs to be.

And if they call it anything other than "Jiminy's Journal" I will protest. If such a thing were to come true, it would be a chronicle of the series' events. Guess who chronicles the series' events? Jiminy. It's perfect.

ChibiHearts249

Awards

Haha, yeah! A timeline with all sorts of extra information and art formatted like Jiminy's Journal?!
If this never happens, I will genuinely cry. Or give up pizza. For GOOD.

And that's very true with the Hyrule Historia! You could also get the free digital download with the Wind Waker HD themed Wii U.

I know we could still have to wait a loooong time, but please; MAKE THESE DREAMS A REALITY. Someday...

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Haha, yeah! A timeline with all sorts of extra information and art formatted like Jiminy's Journal?!
If this never happens, I will genuinely cry. Or give up pizza. For GOOD.

And that's very true with the Hyrule Historia! You could also get the free digital download with the Wind Waker HD themed Wii U.

I know we could still have to wait a loooong time, but please; MAKE THESE DREAMS A REALITY. Someday...

Just imagine the way that the Journal looks in the game, then imagine a hardcover physical book that looks just like that in real life. I mean seriously, I'd die happy if it happened. Although I'm sure "Jiminy's Journal" as the name wouldn't be the best name, marketing wise. So, maybe add a subtitle like "Jiminy's Journal: Official Kingdom Hearts Encyclopedia" or something like that. That way it actually says Kingdom Hearts in the name.

But again. Just wishful thinking. The odds are slim. If this were Ubisoft, we'd be getting this for sure. Heck, the STRATEGY GUIDE for the new AC game is getting a special hardcover edition with a huge hidden compartment that has a life-sized chalice and scroll. And what do we get over here in Squareland?

A pin.

Gram

Banned
Awards

You guys are making want a 'Jiminy's Ultimate Journal' hardcover so bad I cant stand it. ;A; It's be so much easier to make KH a historia than Zelda since KH has far fewer games.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

You guys are making want a 'Jiminy's Ultimate Journal' hardcover so bad I cant stand it. ;A; It's be so much easier to make KH a historia than Zelda since KH has far fewer games.

That's what I mean, man. Zelda had 10+ entries in the series at the time of its release, not counting A Link Between Worlds or Zelda U. Kingdom Hearts, including KH3, has 8 games total. It needs to be done. Like, yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back