• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 68 posted)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 15 posted)

Oooh! I really like the last chapter. The new introduced character(technically new) is amazing and is a lot like the original. And then the Goofy-Riku moment at the end is just how I'd imagine Riku acting towards those goofballs. His past is so dark(pardon the pun) and all, so he'd be a little surprised to see them so friendly after what he'd done.
Riku really needs to forgive himself.
I also like how you include swear words. I know that's kinda a random thing to say, but Sora and the gang are all teenagers(well, besides MDG), so usually they're gonna swear like average teens. But then I see a lot of fanfic writers not include them. I mean, I don't want them to go overboard with cussing. The way you implement those words is perfect. In the right place at the right time.
I can imagine everything that's happening,too. Another good trait of your writing that I don't see very often in other fanfics. God, you're just an amazing writer! I'm so jealous!
Anyways, keep writing. I'm excited to see what's next.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

Welp I finally caught up. Glad to see you used Tidus and Wakka. (FFX fan here.) The new servant of the worlds guy seems familiar. No problem I had was earlier Mickey, Donald and Goofy didn't talk like themselves. A very minor thing. Good fic so far.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Aah, it was him. Well, I can't remember if I thought of that possibility as well but mm, yeah, my "main" guess was totally wrong, haha. But yeah, to be honest, my "main guess" was quite impossible anyway so not really surprising it wasn't that person. XD This is an interesting turn of events indeed and I do have a slight idea of why he wanted that shard~ ... I guess. :'D

SRK meeting Donald and Goofy, yes~<3 That happened actually a bit faster than I thought it would but I'm not complaining~ :D

Really liked this chapter. I love how I can read everything that the characters say with their actual voices.
And as always, looking forward to next chapters.

I honestly can't say if I would expect anyone to think of this person, lol, as chapter 14 really gives no clue on that black coat dude (and KH has plenty of those).

And what was your main guess, huh?

Do I smell a theory here with that shard? :D

Really? I gave Donald and Goofy now around 3 chapters to get to DI, but I know what you mean. ;)
It was meant to be resolved like that though as the next important events for SRK are to happen at Disney Castle, no use in dragging things out more than necessary.

Thanks, chapter 16 is on the way with some of your improvement-suggestions. ;)

I'm a little late, but no worries. You know how I try to respond on debut of the chapter. Oh, wells! ^^;

As per usual, you don't disappoint! I was wondering what you where going to incorporate from that last cliffhanger. I'm absolutely joyous of who you introduced! Rudol or Luxord's somebody is something I am actually hoping they would explain in the actual games. Heh, doesn't hurt that certain individual is probably like my second favorite. I'm glad you are having a situation with this. I can't wait and see what way you will go from here. <3

Agh, don't get worried about such stuff. Up to now you always managed to respond before the next chapter came up. ^___^

That's what cliffhangers are mostly for, yup. Proves that they work as intended.
Haha, I see, so this guy (although it is technically not exactly this guy) is one of your favorites? Rejoice then in the knowledge that he will have some more role in the future. Not in the now upcoming chapter, but definitely in the later parts of the story.

We will definitely get some more pace now and the new chapter today will close the Disney-characters arc and the first SRK-arc which have by now converged into one.

Oooh! I really like the last chapter. The new introduced character(technically new) is amazing and is a lot like the original. And then the Goofy-Riku moment at the end is just how I'd imagine Riku acting towards those goofballs. His past is so dark(pardon the pun) and all, so he'd be a little surprised to see them so friendly after what he'd done.
Riku really needs to forgive himself.
I also like how you include swear words. I know that's kinda a random thing to say, but Sora and the gang are all teenagers(well, besides MDG), so usually they're gonna swear like average teens. But then I see a lot of fanfic writers not include them. I mean, I don't want them to go overboard with cussing. The way you implement those words is perfect. In the right place at the right time.
I can imagine everything that's happening,too. Another good trait of your writing that I don't see very often in other fanfics. God, you're just an amazing writer! I'm so jealous!
Anyways, keep writing. I'm excited to see what's next.

I'm happy you like it that much.
I contemplated for a while if I should reveal this persons identity right away or wait with it, but then remembered we have still the unknown cloaked figure which is currently with Ienzo.
Too many unknown black coats at the same time would probably cause confusion.

I can ensure you that Riku will face more of that stuff later on...but gets amply opportunities to do finally just what you said he needs to do.
This small encounter with Goofy will now a little bit expanded in the following chapter with a little throwback to KH2. :D

Oh, thanks, I normally tend to try to avoid hard words as much as possible, but like you said, used wisely they can actually enhance the experience of the piece.

That flatters me now for real. *blushes*
My main aim when writing this stuff, regardless with which characters, is always to make it imaginable as much as possible in reader's heads.
Like a mental cutscene.
Hearing this is successful from a reader is really very satisfying. :)

No worries, next chapter is right around the corner once I have answered to all reviews/comments. ^___^

Welp I finally caught up. Glad to see you used Tidus and Wakka. (FFX fan here.) The new servant of the worlds guy seems familiar. No problem I had was earlier Mickey, Donald and Goofy didn't talk like themselves. A very minor thing. Good fic so far.

Well done, fellow writer. ;)
Glad you liked it. As I said in the beginning, I want to use more than just a few characters and since Tidus, Wakka and Selphie aren't part of the main plot I figured to give them at least a semi-important role in order for Sora and Riku to meet that black coat man and to introduce an important plot point.
Yep, him seeming familiar was intended...although I wouldn't give too much on the "servant of the worlds", lol.

When did MDG not talk like "themselves"? Somewhere in chapter 12?

---

So now, it's time to bring those story arcs to a closure and with that the "prelude"-era of the whole story as well. ;)

#####

XVI. The departure

"Well, thanks." Riku said, somewhat uneasy.
"Don't mention it. Like Sora said last time, when you have good friends there's no need to do everything on your own." Goofy answered emphatically.

"Glad you remembered it." Sora grinned while playfully lifting Donald up, swinging him around. "We were just comtemplating how to get off the islands since yesterday...and conveniently you show up now."

"Waak! Stop that Sora, I'm getting dizzy." Donald complained, causing both Goofy and Kairi to burst into laughter, while Riku kept himself to a smile.
"Careful Sora, or do you want to become a discus thrower now?" He asked with an amused snort.

"Riku! Don't give him any weird ideas!" Quacking loudly, Donald tried to get back to the ground more determined.

Selphie, Tidus and Wakka stood there somewhat insecure, appearing misplaced.

"Get off the islands?" Tidus repeated Sora's statement, eyes flaring up with interest.
"Seems like the rumors that there's somethin' more out there are true after all, ya?" Wakka added, spinning his Blitzball on his finger.

"You can bet for it...also, speaking of bets, you owe me 20 munny. The rumors were true. There were not only blackened stones but also black monsters." Tidus retorted in a satisfied tone.
"Enough you two, you caused more than enough trouble today." Selphie shouted, hitting them both over the head with her jump rope.

"Oi...seems we have a problem, we coming from another w..." Goofy started, but Kairi quickly covered his mouth. "There is something more out there, yes, it's another island group at the other end of the ocean...it's too far to go by raft or ship, that's why they use an airship. Isn't that right?" She stated, first looking at Tidus, Wakka and Selphie, then switching to Donald, who was just been settled down by Sora again.

Realizing what Kairi planned to do, Donald nodded determined. "Indeed, we come from a land far away, but still on this world."

Remembering the reason, Sora also gave an affirming nod.
Yes, the fewer people actually know there are other worlds out there the better. It helps keeping world order, at least in a backwater world as ours.

"See, that's why I never got to see the other islands...they're too far away. I once told you that when I sailed out I couldn't go any further." Tidus sneered at his buddies.

"What you not say, and what exactly earns you that fact now?" Wakka shot back, grinning.

Selphie sighed, shaking her head before turning to Sora, Riku and Kairi.
"Many thanks for you helping out. I'm gotta go try to get these two to focus on their ball game again. I don't know what's happening, but I somewhat feel we should not interfere with it now."

"No problem Selphie, and thanks for your understanding." Riku answered, nodding in approval.

"Take care, and if those two are too much trouble...tie them up with your jump rope!" Kairi added, smiling at Selphie.
"Wha..? You can't tie up an ace like me, no chance!" Tidus shouted, swinging his wooden stick around.

"Wanna bet?" Selphie snarled. "Let's go to the beach and fight out how much of an "ace" you really are!"

Bickering at each other the trio of the Destiny Islands-teens started to move away, Selphie shooting a last apologetic smile at Sora's group.

As they had reached the patch of forest, Kairi finally removed her hand from Goofy's mouth.

"Gawrsh, sorry, I almost blurted out too much." He apologized in a low tone.
Riku just shrugged while Kairi giggled a bit.
"Well, it's already known to many people there are other worlds out there." Sora exclaimed, again putting his hands behind his head in his usual relaxed posture.

"That doesn't mean we have to increase that amount everytime we visit a world." Donald snarled back.

"He does have a point, if it can be avoided it should be." Riku added with a dead serious voice, earning him a look of respect from Donald.

"I know, I know, was just kidding a bit." Sora answered, humming.

"I guessed so..." Riku scoffed grinning a bit before turning to Donald.
"So, I suppose you have a gummi ship around? We need to talk with Mickey...err...I mean his Majesty as fast as possible."

Donald reacted to the "Mickey" only with a short frown before setting up a more friendly expression again.
"That is convenient, as the King also wants to talk with you quickly. We left the ship way outside the vicinity of the town to not cause any uproar, only question remaining would be if you are ready."
"Is that...supposed to be a joke? Of course we are...but this time, Kairi will be with us." Sora answered, looking at the duck in mock annoyance.

"Why am I not surprised...so you're up to a new journey. Lucky that Goofy had a light bulb moment and ordered the gummi ship to be refitted to hold more passengers." Donald said, his glance switching between Sora, Riku and Kairi.

"Ok, let's take off then." Riku signalled Goofy to lead them to the ship.

"A-hyuck, this way." The bidpedal dog took the lead, followed closely by Riku and Kairi, with Sora and Donald at the end.

"Y'know Donald, I wanna fly the ship to Disney Castle."
"Forget it Sora, the ship is completely overhauled and not yet fully balanced, I will take the helm." The duck quacked back.
"He's right Sora, the ship is flyable but it reacts pretty wacky sometimes." Goofy added.

"So you mean just like Donald?" The brunette shot back, earning him an annoyed grunt.
"Ah well, nope, it's just because we've to hurry because Master Yen Sid had alarming news for the King about the return of Xeby...Xoby...err..."

"Xehanort, you nincompoop." Donald shouted.

At the mention of this name Sora got a clear picture in his mind. A picture of a big painting that was located at Ansem's study in Radiant Garden, which he had seen about five or six weeks ago, in the middle of the second journey.

"Xeha-nort, Xehanort! Wasn't this the guy we saw the painting on in Ansem the Wise's castle? The somebody of Xemnas?" He contemplated aloud.

Riku's face immediately darkened. "What? Could you get more specific? I thought we were about to go and try to save a bunch of suffering people?"

Goofy looked a bit glum. "That was originally the plan. The King departed to see Master Yen Sid apparently on the notion that he found out something regarding one of the suffering ones, but he got the news about Xehanort in return."

"Great, just great, have you any other information? I actually fought a specter of Xehanort's heartless down in that pit, there's something strange going on." The silver-haired teen answered grimly, causing Kairi to let her hands shot before her mouth and Donald to quack surprised.

"The King has the most information, and he's eager to share it. That's why we took the not entirely complete gummi ship to get here." Goofy explained.

"That guy again? How often do you have to beat him?" Kairi whispered in disbelief.
"If I would only know that!" Riku growled.
"To be completely honest, it was totally weird down there. While Riku was fighting Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, I only saw him hitting a big boulder again and again."
The spiky-haired boy threw in, causing Donald to narrow his eyes in thought.

"Hmmm, some sort of illusion maybe?" Tapping his foot, Donald was deeply thinking.
"Gawrsh, let's go and fly off, no time to waste contemplating. That issue is surely worth to tell the King I would say." Goofy turned to face Riku directly as he said the second sentence.

"Right, let's hurry!" Riku shot a side glance at Sora. "and there's more that would need the King's attention I presume."

Speeding up the pace, the group now had reached a small lake far away from the town. On the beach of this lake stood a gummi ship Sora had never seen before.

"Wooaaaah, what a giant the ship has become, it looks almost like a cruiser now."

Battlecruiser is more like it. Riku thought while observing the ship from several angles.

"You said that thing is not fully balanced yet. Can I be ensured that it is safe for us to board?" He asked in Goofy's and Donald's direction.

"Hey now Riku, do you really think that Donald and I would risk Sora or one of his friends getting injured with an incomplete ship? Safety is ensured, the ship only reacts a bit sluggish sometimes and it isn't the fastest because we had no time to switch out the engines yet." Goofy retorted with an almost offended tone.

"There's no need to worry, I know how to handle the ship and the Gateways have become much safer overall since Organization XIII was defeated."Donald added with determination.

"Alright then, everyone get on board!" Sora cheeped in his cheerful demeanor.

Goofy proceeded to open the entry hatch, offering Kairi to enter first. Riku followed her, with Donald and Sora shortly behind.

As Goofy entered last, slamming the door shut, the others had already moved on to the cockpit.

"Quite impressive." Kairi whistled as she observed the futuristic design of the ship's interior.

The main platform of the cockpit had now five seats, three in the front and two more in the second row between the center front seat and the left and right front seat, respectively.

"So many new controls, and what's with all those new monitors?" Sora was quite at a loss, settling down in the right front seat already.

"See, that's why I said you won't fly this time. The ship has plenty of new functions and behaves different in comparison to the old one." Donald answered in a matter-of-fact voice while taking the front center seat with the pilot controls.

"Ok Donald, then show us that you can control it well." Riku said, taking the left front seat while Goofy took the left second row seat, therefore looking through the front window between Riku and Donald, while for Kairi remained the second seat in the back row.

"Ok Donald, everything set, let's blast off!" Goofy shouted.

"Everyone hold on tightly, next stop is Disney Castle!" Donald announced as he pulled the control stick, sending the gummi ship upwards to the sky.

And so our next adventure starts. Still, I am sure I heard that 'Rudol' -guy somewhere before, that swollen way how he talks, ghh, can't grasp it now. Damnit, and that weird shard he took, what was it? It was certainly creepy and emitted a bad aura.

Being deep in thought, Sora didn't notice that both Riku and Kairi repeatedly gave him concerned glances, as if fearing for another 'harbinger' of torment, as Riku had called it.

#####

There we are. Hope it is again up to the usual quality.
Or rather, even better as I had fellow forum member and friend November Rain looking over it as a sort of proof/beta reader. ^__^.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 16 posted)

Well this was a nice chapter. Glad to see them finally start to go out into other worlds.

Nov

Awards

I honestly can't say if I would expect anyone to think of this person, lol, as chapter 14 really gives no clue on that black coat dude (and KH has plenty of those).

And what was your main guess, huh?

Do I smell a theory here with that shard? :D

Really? I gave Donald and Goofy now around 3 chapters to get to DI, but I know what you mean. ;)
It was meant to be resolved like that though as the next important events for SRK are to happen at Disney Castle, no use in dragging things out more than necessary.

Thanks, chapter 16 is on the way with some of your improvement-suggestions. ;)
Well, I guess I thought of him at some point because I went through all the guys that are in black coats, lol but I don't know why I excluded him in the end.

I still shall keep it to myself. ;3

I guess you do~ I still need some more data to form a full theory but I think I've got an idea of the shard and its purpose.

Yesyesyes, but now that I think of it, this is probably a good amount. Not too fast but it doesn't drag the story either. I guess it could have taken a chapter or two more but this is good as well~ n_n And yeah, better to get to important plot points faster so that you can concentrate on them properly.

Alrighty~ \o Interested to see how it turned out~

---

You know, it's pretty interesting and really fun at the same time to read a chapter that you have read multiple times and therefore remember very well and then seeing the changes that have been made. And yes, I'm really satisfied with the changes. I think they fit their characters better~ n_n

About the chapter itself ... because I think I haven't said pretty much anything about the actual content and the events.

I really, really like this chapter. First and foremost, I like the atmosphere that the chapter has because this is the first chapter that SRK and DG are together (if you don't count the ending of the last chapter). I also like the fact that this marks the beginning of the adventure that is ahead of them. I'm really excited for what is in store for them in the future!

There we are. Hope it is again up to the usual quality.
Or rather, even better as I had fellow forum member and friend November Rain looking over it as a sort of proof/beta reader. ^__^.
Aww~ Enjoyed doing it very much~ I hope I did a good job and hopefully, I'll do even better in the future. n_n~

Stars

&#12522;&#12463;

The beginning of their journey was well-written, I can't wait to read the following chapters, wonder what they will be encounter next :p
Rudol as the black coat guy is unexpected anyway *ggg*

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Well this was a nice chapter. Glad to see them finally start to go out into other worlds.

Thanks, yeah, it's practically the end of the "prelude".
Now we're going into the middle part of the story. ;)

Well, I guess I thought of him at some point because I went through all the guys that are in black coats, lol but I don't know why I excluded him in the end.

I still shall keep it to myself. ;3

I guess you do~ I still need some more data to form a full theory but I think I've got an idea of the shard and its purpose.

Yesyesyes, but now that I think of it, this is probably a good amount. Not too fast but it doesn't drag the story either. I guess it could have taken a chapter or two more but this is good as well~ n_n And yeah, better to get to important plot points faster so that you can concentrate on them properly.

Alrighty~ \o Interested to see how it turned out~

---

You know, it's pretty interesting and really fun at the same time to read a chapter that you have read multiple times and therefore remember very well and then seeing the changes that have been made. And yes, I'm really satisfied with the changes. I think they fit their characters better~ n_n

About the chapter itself ... because I think I haven't said pretty much anything about the actual content and the events.

I really, really like this chapter. First and foremost, I like the atmosphere that the chapter has because this is the first chapter that SRK and DG are together (if you don't count the ending of the last chapter). I also like the fact that this marks the beginning of the adventure that is ahead of them. I'm really excited for what is in store for them in the future!

Aww~ Enjoyed doing it very much~ I hope I did a good job and hopefully, I'll do even better in the future. n_n~

Alrighty, ok, ok. Lol.

Ah, I see...well, it'll be some time before we get more info on that shard but you're correct, it is indeed an important piece of metal. ^____^

---

Great, then this really has improved the chapter on some ends.
Yeah, but that was good since the beta was about errors/iffy things, now comes the story content. ;)

I must say I am glad to hear it feels that way, since this chapter was by all means intended to bring over a feel of "things are starting" and departure.
I also paid much attention to the actual dialogue bits between Donald, Goofy and Kairi as well as with Riku, since in the game series they normally interact rather sparingly.
I've prepared much stuff for them as well as the other characters connected to them. :D

The beginning of their journey was well-written, I can't wait to read the following chapters, wonder what they will be encounter next :p
Rudol as the black coat guy is unexpected anyway *ggg*

Stars!
Great to finally hear from you again...now we slowly come to the stuff you also haven't read, correct? ^__^

Think so? Eh, I actually didn't expect anyone to guess it right that it is he until he actually introduces himself. *ggg*

Stars

&#12522;&#12463;

Stars!
Great to finally hear from you again...now we slowly come to the stuff you also haven't read, correct? ^__^

Think so? Eh, I actually didn't expect anyone to guess it right that it is he until he actually introduces himself. *ggg*

Teehee :D.. Yeah, your fanfiction reminds me of KH3D anyway xD
I would have guess the black coated figure is one form of Xehanorts at first, until you revealed it lol

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Teehee :D.. Yeah, your fanfiction reminds me of KH3D anyway xD
I would have guess the black coated figure is one form of Xehanorts at first, until you revealed it lol

Really? Lol, strange...since I planned and started it way before we had any substantial info on KH 3D.
I also don't intend to change much in the story (or the planned plotline itself) to accommodate for news we get for KH DDD. It'll remain an alternate future scenario.
The only exception I may make is to include the characters of TWEWY in some supporting roles since I am playing it myself right now.

Don't forget though we have a second black coated figure, *ggg*. The one who came with Braig and Isa and is now together with Ienzo. ;)

Kiwi +

Awards

Heh, you can't imagine how much I liked this chapter, Seph! This is something I actually imagined, that SRK would actually be together with the Disney crew. Even better that you put them up to where they would travel together in the Gummi Ship. I really like it when Kairi is included in with them, you see. <3

I await for the next chapters. Can't wait to see more of certain individuals. :D

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 17 posted)

Heh, you can't imagine how much I liked this chapter, Seph! This is something I actually imagined, that SRK would actually be together with the Disney crew. Even better that you put them up to where they would travel together in the Gummi Ship. I really like it when Kairi is included in with them, you see. <3

I await for the next chapters. Can't wait to see more of certain individuals. :D

Heh, glad you like it that much. ;)
Now you know for what those tidbits with the Disney crew working at the Gummi ship were good for in earlier chapters.
Kairi won't be included for the whole story with them though as she needs to take some training lessons with Queen Minnie later on. ;)

---

So, it's finally time for the next chapter in line, already improved again thanks to November Rain taking a first look over it fixing my most glaring errors, lol.
Again thanks for that. ^___^

#####
XVII. Villains of a sort

The restored world of Enchanted Dominion, in a black puff of smoke appeared Hades, god of the Underworld from the Olympus Coliseum at the path to the Forbidden Mountain.

"Tsk, now look at this; old crow still hasn't found a suitable base of operations, forced to go back to her old ruined fortress." Hades gave a very gleeful grin, chuckling.
"One has to wonder what she cooked up this time...yet her performance last time was quite the disappointment. But hey, who says that one can't have a bad week sometimes?"

Mumbling to himself in his usual lighthearted, funny manner, Hades made his way up to the fortress, intent on paying the residing Sorceress there a visit.

Reaching the Gates-Area, a bunch of Maleficent's pig-like goons showed up, brandishing their weapons against the god.

"Geez Louise, what's with these walking schnitzels? The heartless were way more imposing." Hades shook his head with disgust.
"Now what are you gaping at, piggys? I'm Hades, Lord of the dead, I am expected by your Mistress, move out of the way at once."

"Well, look who's here...the famous god of the dead and last remaining member of the council." The voice of Pete sounded from the main entrance.

Hades smirked. "Hey there, if it isn't Captain Ass-Zipper, the epitome of incompetence."

Pete made a very annoyed face, shaking his fists. "Now what's that supposed to mean, it was me who assembled this group in the first place."

"But he's right, you're a fool and a coward, dragging down my reputation and failing at the simplest tasks!" Maleficent, the evil fairy, appeared behind Pete, whacking him aside elegantly with her staff in annoyance.
"Hades, it's good to finally see someone capable enough to be worked with."

"Well, hello hello there sister, heard you pretty much lost many badass-points, having to take second row for quite a while!"

She gave him back a very pissed face, frowning.
Pete, struggling to regain balance, tripped a second later and comically fell down the stairs.

Imbecile!
Hades and Maleficent both thought in unison.

"I know, fool, I know. But all those insults will be avenged on a grand scale!!! I will show both Sora, King Mickey and the universe that I am still the Mistress of all Evil! The Organization is history and shall not bother us again."

Clapping his hands Hades grinned again. "Veeery good, indeed, the grand speech and propagandistic demagogism still works splendid, my admiration. Hey, hey, no need to get upset, everyone can have a bad week or so, just shouldn't become a lasting habit, y-know."

"I don't need you to tell me that. It's time for some drastic reforms and re-thinking of strategy." Maleficent snapped back.

Hades chuckled again.
"Great words sister...and I dare say there should be swift actions following. It's a bitter necessity. The numbers of the heartless have decreased even further, except Captain Hook every other ally got defeated just again with a big bang...your invasion got the swift "back to square one"-treatment and all went down pretty miserably."

The evil fairy shot him another glare. "Now look who's talking...you are no celebrity either with your failures to take out even one person in your own world. Your last exits weren't that impressive as well by tripping and falling into River Styx or getting kicked across the area by the hooves of a winged horse. Your performance was quite miserable as well."

"Yeah yeah, I know...and who's the one responsible for always getting in our way? A brat who has only outgrown his diapers by a few years with a hairstyle as if he put his hand into an electric socket, swings an oversized key and is backed up by two gawking fools."
Hades ranted, turning red.

Maleficent was the one to chuckle this time. "Indeed, so many plans and promising schemes were thwarted by this kid, not to mention forced alliances with him because of those stupid husks called Nobodies...we need to start over from scratch it seems...as my control over the heartless is shattered and their numbers, as you said, are even more lowered than before the defeat of that Organization."

"Start over from scratch...hehehe..." Hades laughed. "...it doesn't even look like you found a suitable base of operations already...and who do you think our army should be? Your walking, mace-swinging schnitzels?"

"Again you underestimate me...I already have spotted out more than one candidate for a new base, and for our new army...we will see to get a diversity of troops now, not just rely on the heartless. That's where you come into play. Hold more tournaments in the Underdrome AND the Coliseum. There should participate enough fighters who are susceptible to being controlled by darkness. Pete, you useless bunch of flab...you'll go and do the only task you remotely managed to get right: Roam the worlds and create more heartless...and go to the Realm of Darkness to lead natural heartless back here for our use!"
Maleficent commanded in a firm tone, raising her arms.

"Building up forces from the ground up ha? Sounds reasonable...however...the games in the coliseum are sadly not under my control as Zeus finally interfered on Phil's and Hercules's behalf." Hades growled. "Not to mention he set up Athena as the official representative of Olympus watching over the games in the coliseum."

"Then bring them under your control, you burning fool! Or are you afraid to face Athena?
I will go and see which place is best suited for our base and maybe bring back some of our old followers if possible." Maleficent retorted.

"Creating more heartless...alrighty, that's a no-brainer, but going to the Realm of Darkness? That's a tad complicated, as that place is nowhere mapped and it's easy to get lost." Pete mumbled.

"You can summon Corridors of Darkness wherever you want, douchebag. Now get off and do your part!" Hades shouted, before turning to Maleficent again.
"Bring them under control you say...that's what I planned anyways...as for Athena...bah...she won't be that much of a problem, not if I get out the other two titans as well."

"Very well then...start your scheme...and don't you dare to fail me!" Maleficent snarled.
"The same goes for you, old crow. Remember, I am your partner, not a servant!" Hades spat back, before disappearing in a puff of black smoke.

"Hmph...Pete? You're still here? Off with you, coward!"
"Yes ma'am, I'm off...but who's going to do recon in Disney Castle then?"

The evil fairy scoffed at him. "Diablo will do that...he's way sneakier and harder to spot than your fat behind."
With these words, the black raven landed on her shoulder, making an approving noise.

Sighing, Pete summoned a dark Corridor and vanished, as Diablo flew off into another one Maleficent had created, leaving the sorceress alone.

Now, with things finally moving...I can see for paying Princess Aurora and Philip a courtesy visit...to "celebrate" the restoration of our world.
With these thoughts, Maleficent disappeared in a swirl of green flame.

---

Far away in the Realm of in-between, Rudol Baccarat stepped out of a Dark Corridor in a strange, unsettling scenery.
Looking once more at the shard, he let it slide into a hidden pocket of his coat, pulling out and unfolding a map instead.

I still don't fully understand why this world can only be entered and left on two distinct points...and considering the atmosphere...I'm not even sure if I want to know.
Wrinkling his nose, Rudol shortly shuddered at the smell that hung in the air.

It's faint, but that smell is disgustingly persistent...and it smells like slowly decaying corpses and charred bones. Sickening...
Looking at the sky, he noticed that even the sunlight had an eerie, gloomy effect...an unsettling, unearthly mix of green and blue which did not truly illuminate, but only offered a hazy picture of the surroundings.

What a horrid world...and the names on the map do fit in every category I must say.
Starting to walk, his black coat moving a bit in the weak wind that carried the faint ugly smell Rudol looked around, checking his surroundings.

He had landed inside a real big metropolis; cars, trucks, trams, many skyscrapers, escalators and very modern electrical lights...only one thing was missing: Life.

The entire city was devoid of any life, an endless field of ruins, destruction and damaged proofs of what once must have been a very lively place.
Charred scars of energy-outbursts and scorched areas were everywhere, from deformed concrete, melted metal over to toppled buildings everything was just...dead.

The City of scorched Ashes...what a fitting name for this...place. I better cross that area as fast as I can...and it's wise to stick to the main, broad roads. I bet the boss is the only one who can walk here without getting goosebumps...as much as I am a gambler...this entire world is giving me the creeps.
Increasing his pace, Rudol hurried to cross the dead metropolis as fast as he could.
As he reached the outskirts...a bunch of old, completely burned down houses and a ruined gasoline station, he began to breathe calmer shortly...only to visibly shiver when reading the name of the next area he would need to traverse to reach his goal.

Remembering something he had to do before, he turned and entered an only partly destroyed warehouse near the gasoline station, walking to a big, oddly well preserved wardrobe trunk standing in one corner.

"There it is." Rudol said aloud, immediately regretting it as he now felt a foul taste in his mouth.
This place is a cursed, rotten pile of death, this is how it must look like after the Apocalypse.

Opening the trunk, he pulled out one of the pieces of clothing inside it, a very heavy, thick fur-lined mantle which he put on over his black coat.

Luckily there isn't a mirror anywhere, as I now surely look ridiculous like a yeti with a black hood. But who cares, I will be glad I wear this thing when I finally leave the rotten city behind me and reach those frozen fields of horror!

Taking a look at the map again, the man shook his head as he moved out of the warehouse.

Tsk, Plains of frozen Agony, how inviting that name sounds!
Rudol continued to move as fast as he could, away from the unsettling athmosphere in the 'City of scorched Ashes'.
After finally leaving the last suburbs, or more fittingly, rubble piles behind he reached a scarred, but still functionable bridge over a medium wide river.

Urrh, yellow-beige water, flowing tenaciously like slag, this whole world does urge one to vomit.
Hastily crossing the bridge, leaving the river behind as well, Rudol crossed a small canyon in a group of grassy hills, arriving at the 'Plains of frozen Agony' on the other side.

Now here we have a complete change of climate, but still that sick sunlight and even more creepy stuff.

The Plains were not friendly, really not friendly. The soil consisted either of frozen ice-fields or thick layers of snow, cold wind was blowing, changing direction every few seconds and blewing icy snowstorms over the vast open land.
Dunes of snow were literally slowly wandering through the landscape and it was so cold Rudol pulled the hood even tighter and put on top of it also the hood of the fur mantle.

Freezing cold, close to no sight because of snowstorms, soil sometimes so slippery one has to fear broken bones, and I have to cross this cauldron of frozen hell to reach the base!

...well, there's still a coin to throw if I will spot the creepy stuff this time or not...

#####

That's it, now the Disney villains are in the mix as well and we get to know a new world. ;)

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic

Oh my God, this is the funniest chapter yet! The best part was 'Captain Ass Zipper'. Seriously, I'm never gonna look at Pete the same way again.
I like that you brought Maleficent's original castle back into the picture. Oh, and Hades, too. The dialogue you wrote for him was spot on and WAY better than the actual Hades in the games. How he describes Sora is priceless...
Once again, you're an amazing writer. I love the new world, too. Makes me think of a Keyblade Graveyard atmosphere/World That Never Was hybrid. Except more eerie.
And how Rudol mentions, 'the Boss'.... Hmmm, makes me think.
Anyways, great chapter! I can't wait for the next one!

Nov

Awards

First of all, I must say that I absolutely love that world where Rudol is in. I mean, I have a thing for very "ominous", seemingly dead worlds and this one's no different. I really like the way you've described it. As I think I said to you already, it feels very real. The Rudol part in this chapter is probably one of my favorite parts in the story so far, so~ ... I guess that tells something, haha.

I think I also said to you already that I was a bit surprised to see Disney villains so early on (... well, early and early, we're in chapter 17 already after all but anyway~) but I don't definitely mind. Anyhow, you have captured Hades, Maleficent and Pete's personalities very well. While doing the proofreading, I found almost nothing to fix. I especially enjoy Hades' lines in this chapter.

So, it's finally time for the next chapter in line, already improved again thanks to November Rain taking a first look over it fixing my most glaring errors, lol.
Again thanks for that. ^___^
And no problem~<3 \o

Kiwi +

Awards

Ah, the inclusion of Disney villains was very enjoyable to read in this chapter! As one that thoroughly enjoyed those scenes in KH1, I am hoping you do a couple of chapters where they are mentioned. I love how you kept the continuing incompetency of Pete, and the harshness of Maleficent. It feels like the game all over again. xD

Rudol, I wonder what he will do. I await your next chapter. :D

Youniquee

Awards

It's me again...lol

Chapter 16:
Another great chapter! I’m surprised Wakka, Tidus and Selphie weren’t surprised by the fact Sora and Riku are friends with some kind of talking dog and duck. I know I would be lol. I hope they don’t feel replaced by Donald and Goofy, for some reason I was getting that vibe. It’s just like Goofy to almost reveal something as big as that accidently. I wonder what would have happened if Kairi didn’t cover his mouth…>.>
I’m glad Kairi isn’t being left out like the game and is finally going somewhere with them so we can actually have real ‘trio’ for once. ~_~ I hope she gets some screen time and is actually useful. She isn’t going to be separated from them…right? Since Kairi is going to be trained by Minnie, if I recall, I guess there is going to be some split in storylines with them. D’aw….I wanted to see 3 of them fight together. But I guess that’s going to have to wait, right D:
Hmm Riku and Kairi are worried about Sora and it’s like he doesn’t even realise how serious his situation is. Or he is just putting on a brave face?
Guess we’ll be seeing these characters in a bit huh? I’ll wait until their developments there :D Again, great chapter.

Chapter 17:
I wonder what our villains are up too :D Nice contrast from the previous chapter which was about our Heroes n_n
Wow, you really got Maleficent and Hades right. I really feel like telling Maleficent to give up already and stop trying to prove she’s evil. Hades was right, she really did lose a lot of ‘badass’ points lol all of them even. I guess they’re planning on causing extra trouble for our heroes, which is good for us since it equals more action but bad for them. I doubt they’ll succeed, knowing their success rate throughout the game. Lol at Hades calling Pete ‘Captain Ass Zipper’ xD I can imagine him saying something like lol I feel a little bit sorry for him, since he gets looked down on so much but still remains loyal to them. Meh. His fault for being stupid. >_>
The second half of this chapter is interesting and a bit of a mindbonk. Throughout the passage, I tried to figure out what world he was in. it sounded like our world after an apocalypse or something. But it’s probably from a Disney/Pixar film….or am I wrong and this a completely new world? I wonder what this guy is doing in such a weird, strange world. What kind of world stinks of burning bones and rotting corpses –shivers- I hope you reveal this to us soon…things are starting to get really interesting.

Another good chapter :D Keep up the good work~

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

So, time now to address all those nice reader's comments/reviews again. ^__^

Oh my God, this is the funniest chapter yet! The best part was 'Captain Ass Zipper'. Seriously, I'm never gonna look at Pete the same way again.
I like that you brought Maleficent's original castle back into the picture. Oh, and Hades, too. The dialogue you wrote for him was spot on and WAY better than the actual Hades in the games. How he describes Sora is priceless...
Once again, you're an amazing writer. I love the new world, too. Makes me think of a Keyblade Graveyard atmosphere/World That Never Was hybrid. Except more eerie.
And how Rudol mentions, 'the Boss'.... Hmmm, makes me think.
Anyways, great chapter! I can't wait for the next one!
Hades making fun of Pete was just too good of an opportunity to leave it out, lol.
Hades is also much like Braig in the way that it is always fun to write them.

Thanks, I thought it'll be a good starting point for Maleficent after the castle that never was got destroyed and most worlds apparently restored (this story ignores most of DDD's stuff anyways because it was conceived before we got clearer info on it. There may be some similarities but these are then unintential in regard to the new 3DS-title).
Oi, I didn't know I got Hades that splendid but I seriously got carried away with him. When I wrote his description of Sora I had the scene in mind where he flicked Sora away with one finger in KH 2, lol.

Y'know, I am truly happy you think that highly of me...I'll try to keep that quality with each chapter anew.
That's...actually a really good and spot-on view on this new world, a TWTNW/Keyblade Graveyard hybrid. At least the part of the world that is the "City of scorched Ashes" fits that description very well.
Well, the eerie thing is intentional...it is clearly not a world one would want to live in, but that will be addressed later as well. ^__^

Ah yes, the "boss". It's still a while until he will make his first appearance. ;)

First of all, I must say that I absolutely love that world where Rudol is in. I mean, I have a thing for very "ominous", seemingly dead worlds and this one's no different. I really like the way you've described it. As I think I said to you already, it feels very real. The Rudol part in this chapter is probably one of my favorite parts in the story so far, so~ ... I guess that tells something, haha.

I think I also said to you already that I was a bit surprised to see Disney villains so early on (... well, early and early, we're in chapter 17 already after all but anyway~) but I don't definitely mind. Anyhow, you have captured Hades, Maleficent and Pete's personalities very well. While doing the proofreading, I found almost nothing to fix. I especially enjoy Hades' lines in this chapter.

And no problem~<3 \o

Heh, seems I did a really detailed description here then. One of your favorite parts description-wise? Lol, I guess that may be because it is the very first "total new" location we see around. ;)

The Disney villains are in actuality just now starting their schemes, Sora and co. are already a tad ahead of them while Xehanort is ahead of all of them with his own schemes.
That we're already in chapter 17 has much to do with my chapters being rather short though with between 1.600 and 2.200 words each. ;D
Believe me, Hades's lines were the most funny things to write here beside when I write Braig. I need to sew in those more lighthearted snippets in order to not overdo all the sad and dramatic stuff happening otherwise.
Maleficent is in for causing more trouble though, she does have a plan but did not start it yet. The things she spoke about with Hades are just one part of her goals.

Ah, the inclusion of Disney villains was very enjoyable to read in this chapter! As one that thoroughly enjoyed those scenes in KH1, I am hoping you do a couple of chapters where they are mentioned. I love how you kept the continuing incompetency of Pete, and the harshness of Maleficent. It feels like the game all over again. xD

Rudol, I wonder what he will do. I await your next chapter. :D

Thanks, oh yeah, we will get some more of the Disney villains later on in some short bursts, although they won't get as much attention as the original characters we will see how some of their moves are planned out and executed.
I am truly satisfied when readers tell me I kept the characters close to their canon portrayal. Managing it completely without any difference won't probably be possible and I may also take some small artistic liberty when something is needed for a real important plot point.

The next chapter will go a bit more into Rudol's thoughts and contemplations while he moves towards his goal. ;)

It's me again...lol

Chapter 16:
Another great chapter! I’m surprised Wakka, Tidus and Selphie weren’t surprised by the fact Sora and Riku are friends with some kind of talking dog and duck. I know I would be lol. I hope they don’t feel replaced by Donald and Goofy, for some reason I was getting that vibe. It’s just like Goofy to almost reveal something as big as that accidently. I wonder what would have happened if Kairi didn’t cover his mouth…>.>
I’m glad Kairi isn’t being left out like the game and is finally going somewhere with them so we can actually have real ‘trio’ for once. ~_~ I hope she gets some screen time and is actually useful. She isn’t going to be separated from them…right? Since Kairi is going to be trained by Minnie, if I recall, I guess there is going to be some split in storylines with them. D’aw….I wanted to see 3 of them fight together. But I guess that’s going to have to wait, right D:
Hmm Riku and Kairi are worried about Sora and it’s like he doesn’t even realise how serious his situation is. Or he is just putting on a brave face?
Guess we’ll be seeing these characters in a bit huh? I’ll wait until their developments there :D Again, great chapter.

Yay, great you made it. ^__^

Oh, they were surprised, but just too excited to show it much. Tidus was pretty much interested to learn more while Selphie felt that it isn't something they should meddle in, hence Riku complimenting her for not making matters even more complicated.
If Goofy had blurted out more, Tidus, Wakka and Selphie probably would have nagged further and would not have been dissuaded that easily to be kept out of the whole thing. *ggg*
Their curiosity would have taken over and also likely cause Donald to throw a fit. ;)

The thing with Kairi is that she isn't yet ready to "fight together" with Sora and Riku, her going with them to Disney Castle was planned ever since the prologue, so they now just go through with it. ;)
Exactly, Kairi will have some plot arc of her own in order to become stronger and realize her powers. If those powers will be "battle"-oriented or not is yet to see.

Yes, Riku and Kairi are concerned about Sora's "fits of torment" as she called it because they 1st fear for his own safety and 2nd also because if Sora is somehow incapacitated, hope for the beings they're supposed to help is also lost.
It's not like Sora doesn't realize the seriousness of that, he is just right now more concerned with the stuff that happened in the stone quarry. He feels that "Rudol" is somehow familiar to him although he never met him and that shard somewhat makes him feel uneasy.

As a small throw forward, you'll see later on that Sora also has his own thoughts about those harbingers of torment and comtemplates how to deal with them.

Chapter 17:
I wonder what our villains are up too :D Nice contrast from the previous chapter which was about our Heroes n_n
Wow, you really got Maleficent and Hades right. I really feel like telling Maleficent to give up already and stop trying to prove she’s evil. Hades was right, she really did lose a lot of ‘badass’ points lol all of them even. I guess they’re planning on causing extra trouble for our heroes, which is good for us since it equals more action but bad for them. I doubt they’ll succeed, knowing their success rate throughout the game. Lol at Hades calling Pete ‘Captain Ass Zipper’ xD I can imagine him saying something like lol I feel a little bit sorry for him, since he gets looked down on so much but still remains loyal to them. Meh. His fault for being stupid. >_>
The second half of this chapter is interesting and a bit of a mindbonk. Throughout the passage, I tried to figure out what world he was in. it sounded like our world after an apocalypse or something. But it’s probably from a Disney/Pixar film….or am I wrong and this a completely new world? I wonder what this guy is doing in such a weird, strange world. What kind of world stinks of burning bones and rotting corpses –shivers- I hope you reveal this to us soon…things are starting to get really interesting.

Another good chapter :D Keep up the good work~
Maleficent already has a plan put up which they are just going to start right then. This time, she won't be just a comic relief since her schemes will actually hurt this time and she's out making some capable allies.
Of course Hades's accusations were right, but Maleficent did counter pretty good by listing Hades's own failures from KH2, lol.
These setbacks actually only encourage Maleficent to try harder and this time she's going to change strategy a bit. ;)

Extra trouble it is indeed, although more of the "oh crap"-variety than just mere annoyance. In fact, as another call forward: The group Maleficent and Hades are building up will later on not only force Mickey away from Sora & co. in order to deal with them (it's personal for Mickey then), but also cause much emotional distress for the heroes.
Maleficent's actions, despite started last, will actually be one of the first to deal a serious blow to Sora's confidence before the true problem with the harbingers of torment is even realized.

Pete is Maleficent's and Hades's butt monkey after all, lol.

The second part is intended to evoke uneasy feelings, it may get a bit higher next chapter as well.
No worries, the world he is in can't be figured out as it is a completely new world.
As for why Rudol is going there, well, it is in this world were the base of the faction he works for is located.
He doesn't really like that world but he's nonetheless curious about it. His journey will take some time, especially since he's now required to cross life-threatening frozen ice-fields with more eerie, weird stuff, but when he finally makes it we will get some information on this world from a person who knows quite a bit about it: Master Xehanort.

Thanks, surely will. I am pretty much motivated anyways. ^___^

Stars

&#12522;&#12463;

Great chapter :D Wonder what will Rudol be doing next >:DDD I love how you write about Rudol's thoughts and describing the world
Lol.. Pete looks like an idoit to both Maleficient and Hades...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 18 posted)

Great chapter :D Wonder what will Rudol be doing next >:DDD I love how you write about Rudol's thoughts and describing the world
Lol.. Pete looks like an idoit to both Maleficient and Hades...

He will give some more food to mysteries, of course. ;)
Might even go a biit into creepy territory.

Well, are the two that off considering him like that? *ggg*

---

So, now it's finally time for the story to march on.
For Rudol, this means an icy experience before we take a look into the Realm of Darkness. ;D

#####
XVIII. True hope and the fight in darkness

With these words he pulled out a coin, ready to throw it, as a strong gust of very cold wind washed over his gloved hand.
The cold was even slightly feelable through the leather of the glove.

Rudol put back the coin now without throwing it, trying to take another look at the map instead.
Damn, it's so cold the paper of the map is in danger of breaking...but I need to know in which direction the old railway line is.
Following that line is the only way to safely reach the base without having to navigate blindly through this hostile vast land of ice and snow.
Not to mention that too long exposure to this climate is very unhealthy despite the fur mantle.

Putting away the map as well, Rudol began to walk forward with cautious, but firm steps into the frozen fields stiffening everytime a snowstorm came his way.
Those plains were really a frozen hell where no one should stay for longer times...and Rudol sincerely hoped the climate and weather would remain the only things bothering him on his way.

I clearly would want to forego the weird occurrences of this lovely place...don't really need to see weird pools of frozen blood under icy surface appearing, strange charred keyblades suddenly sticking out of snowdunes or fleeting creepy shadows lying around without a corresponding body...
To his luck, after just five minutes he found the abandoned, blackened railroad line where very long ago trains must have been travelled, connecting the now dead metropolis to the structure on the other side of the "Plains of frozen Agony", where now the base of the boss is located.

Travelling beside the railroad track, Rudol now focused his glance straight forward, only paying attention to not lose sight of the track.

It was a really interesting trip to Destiny Islands though. I never expected to meet the keyblade hero and the wielder of balance so early! I wonder how the boss will react to this.
Furthermore, this shard. It's emanating an intense aura and holds much energy, both light and dark, I wonder what it is, why it attracts heartless and what the boss wants to do with it.

The further he got into the plains, the more uncomfortable it felt, with the biting cold only one part of it. Like in the dead metropolis, an eerie feeling was creeping up here as well. Luckily the snowstorms were so strong now that he couldn't see far, so the chance of spotting some of the weird stuff was significantly smaller.

Stopping just one moment to look around, Rudol now realized that the railroad tracks where the only landmark to orientate on, everything other around was white with snow or blue with ice.

I want to hurry, but that'll be a bad idea since slipping isn't on my agenda here, not much longer and I should reach the 'train station', which is nothing but a charred ruin now.
Next time I'll better take the other entry point to this world; better fight a bunch of heartless than travel through these spooky, creepy lands which nag at one's sanity.

Rudol Baccarat moved on, always in direction of his goal.

---
The dark moon was shining from the vast ocean separating the Realm of Darkness from the Realm of in-between.

With joyous tears of hope rolling down her cheeks the blue-haired keyblade master named Aqua could finally rejoice in the knowledge that her firm beliefs of saving all those dear to her could now become a possible reality in the making.

Turning to the old man who sadly forgot his name again, she let out another hopeful sigh after hearing the name of the boy who seemingly connected them all and would end the long suffering.

"So you're trying to repent for the errors you made and gain redemption by providing the means for that boy, no, for Sora, to save us all...!?"

The old man nodded slightly. "Yes, at least that's what I hope will come to pass. Even if he may not understand the significance directly and the way how to do it is not clear, I do remember Sora has very good and close friends as well who will help him to solve the puzzles...especially that other boy who went great lengths by immersing himself in darkness and doing things he didn't really want to do just to wake up Sora and by that enabling him to save the worlds a second time."

Aqua now had a short vision, a vision of two little kids she met once on a beautiful beach where the star-shaped fruits she modelled the three wayfinders after could be found, and now the memory hit her.
Sora...can it be?...it has to! That kid...
"I knew it...it may take long...but there's always a way! Terra...Ven...hold out, your immense pain will be healed." She whispered.
And the silver-haired one...Riku...yes, that was his name.

"That other boy...was his name Riku?"

The old man thought for a moment before answering.
"This time you're right, dear Aqua. That's indeed his name. Riku, the one who once fell to darkness but crawled out of it and learned to tame and use it...the powerful warrior who wields light and darkness in balance, for the good of the worlds...and...for to be at Sora's side."

Letting in that story Aqua could only nod slightly, wiping away her still flowing tears.

"Now dear, I may have not much memories left...but I do think I remember that in the sight of upcoming hope tears don't need to flow that much anymore."
"It's not sadness..." Aqua sniffled. "...it's joy because there's hope again, realistic hope, not just my own beliefs."

"How heartwarming...two lost hearts having a hope-party on the shore of darkness!" A cold voice suddenly cut in.

"What!?? Who's there?" Aqua immediately switched to battle mode, swirling around and shielding the old man sitting on the rock.

"It certainly won't be a heartless...heartless don't talk..." The old man mumbled. "...well, except for one..."

"Sir, what are you talking about?" Aqua was confused.
"The black creatures roaming this realm, relentlessly attacking, those are called the heartless."

"Hmph, how dull. Let me tell you this, old man, I am certainly not a heartless. Although I've to admit, it's rare to see normal people in this vast, maze-like realm."

"Who are you, show yourself!" Aqua demanded, the Master Keeper appearing in her hand with a flash.

"Hoo, now that's an interesting development. One of these weapons called 'keyblades'. I wonder if you can pack a bigger punch than the brat I fought nearly a month ago." The voice said mockingly.

Her adversary stepped now out of the shadows, into the dim light of the dark moon. The bluenette let out a small surprised gasp, as the stranger emanated a real powerful aura.

He was fairly tall, with long, flowing silver hair, bangs framing his face and cat-like blue eyes.
The main outfit consisted of a long black coat with red outlines and a high collar, held together by a belt with a broad silver buckle.
Completing his dark appearance were black pants, gloves and knee-high boots in the same color whose sported two silver belts.
On his forearms there extended two red-black fin-like growths while his shoulders had silver armor-esque pauldrons.

As he stepped nearer even more Aqua could also spot his exposed chest, only covered by two intersecting brown straps, not unlike her own, and the most odd addition: A single large navy-blue wing extending from behind his right shoulder.

What a guy, I can see his power radiating from him, and his heart must be exceptionally strong, what IS he?

"Hmph, not so talkative anymore I see, very well, let me see how you wield that keyblade."

With these words the man changed into a battle stance, a very long, thin sword appearing in his left hand with a bright flash of light.

"Take cover, sir!" Aqua yelled at the old man, hissing at the sight of her opponents weapon.
That sword is ridiculously long, as long if not longer than that guy is tall. I can't go into melee battle that easily, his range with that thing is enormous.

"Show me your strength!" The man raised his right hand, and Aqua cartwheeled immediately as he called down a powerful lightning bolt right at the spot where she had been moments before.

"Ready?" He asked mockingly, moving with astounding speed, swinging his long Nodachi in a fluid motion.

Aqua had to cartwheel again to dodge his fast attack as he passed past her, his sword cutting through one of the rocks.

He's goddamn fast, what?
The rock shattered into several smaller stones, multiple slashes having been cut through it.

It looks like he slashes one time, but in reality there are several ones, not good.

Coming to a halt, Aqua jumped up, swinging Eraqus's keyblade and releasing a round of rainbow-colored energy bursts from her Prism Rain-technique at the silver-haired swordfighter.

"Interesting." He exclaimed, raising his Nodachi to hold it across before his face, blocking the projectiles.

"That I can do as well, dodge this!" He swirled around his own axis, swinging his sword around releasing a flurry of blade-shaped energywaves made of light.

"Hrr..." Aqua cartwheeled two times to get out of the way of the destructive energy, then conjured an Ice Barrage-spell, causing giant ice crystals to burst from the ground.

The man was forced to dodge himself this time, and Aqua immediately furthered the pressure.
"Thundaga Shot!" She yelled, releasing a bolt of lightning from the tip of the Master Keeper.

The burst of thunder-energy hit, causing him to stop for the blink of a moment.

"Nice hit, that tickled at least." The man mocked, starting a ferocious sword combo.

Taken by surprise that he would recover so fast from that, Aqua could only dodge two slashes with two backflips before the wide reach of that Nodachi took its toll.

"Ughhh!" She took six more sword slashes before the man hurled her away with a last swing of his blade, letting her crash against another rock on the dark shore.

Seeing her slumping down, the man scoffed. "You won't tell me that this was all, wasn't it?"

"Of course not, just you wait. Curaga!" Healing more than 70 Percent of the damage, Aqua jumped up, dodging a vertical swordslash of her opponent, blasting another Thundaga Shot at him and as he dodged, closed the distance between them.

Smirking, the man sliced with his sword in a horizontal manner again, which Aqua jumped over, blasting him with a round of Triple Firaga before landing and slamming the Master Keeper right onto the right side of his ribcage.

"Ghhh, seems like just playing around is not sufficient with someone like you!"
"What!?"
"Vanish!" A blinding fast, diagonally upward directed swordslash sent Aqua flying.

#####

I'm certainly curious about opinions of this development...lol.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

Well I'm now caught up and I'd like to say you really have done well with this.

Kiwi +

Awards

Heh, you are very good at imagery in your stories. Did I ever tell you that? It's like, I can imagine every situation in your story. Those details, dude. *-*

Ooh, seems like she's in precarious situation! What exactly the intent is for this part, I'm guessing. Hmm, I guess I shall find out in the next chapter, maybe!

I wait now for the next. lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back