• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 68 posted)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stars

リク
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 18 posted)

Nyah!! Aqua!!! :DDDDDD
The second part is really interesting, i love it so much, and the silver hair man.....*ggg*
Could it be.....:D
I really love how you wrote Aqua's part.. Remind me of "Blank point"~
Can't wait for the next chapter,Seph!

Nov

Awards

To be honest, this is probably my favorite chapter so far. I love Roxas and Ventus chapters as well however, but there's just something in this chapter that makes me like this a bit, bit more. Is it Aqua~? Hm, can't say for sure. ;3

As I've said already, Rudol parts are probably my favorite parts description wise. And the part in this chapter was truly brilliant, again. *u* The description of the environment... *3* haha, makes me jealous to be honest.

And I was very excited to see Aqua. lol, that's an understatement to be honest. I was pretty surprised to see her this early (again, so to say early). Haha, I was like "OMG AQUAAA" when I first realized who you were describing. I really love the way you wrote her. I had nothing to fix (and that actually applies to all the other characters in this chapter as well). The battle between her and Sephiroth is very intense and I loved reading it.

Keep up the good work, which you are apparently doing, haha (chapter 19, mmmummmumm~ *3*) and well, no need to say that I'm looking forward to the next chapters~ *u*

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Well I'm now caught up and I'd like to say you really have done well with this.

Many thanks buddy, I am always striving to give every scene my best effort. ;)

Heh, you are very good at imagery in your stories. Did I ever tell you that? It's like, I can imagine every situation in your story. Those details, dude. *-*

Ooh, seems like she's in precarious situation! What exactly the intent is for this part, I'm guessing. Hmm, I guess I shall find out in the next chapter, maybe!

I wait now for the next. lol :D

Gee thank you, I don't know if you did already, but it certainly feels good to hear that. ^__^
If the situations can be actually imagined I am doing things right, hehe.
Ah yes, the details, that's one of the reasons why this whole thing becomes so long, lol.

Nyah!! Aqua!!! :DDDDDD
The second part is really interesting, i love it so much, and the silver hair man.....*ggg*
Could it be.....:D
I really love how you wrote Aqua's part.. Remind me of "Blank point"~
Can't wait for the next chapter,Seph!

Yup, it's finally time for some ass-kicking by a real keyblade master, although she has a very tough opponent. *ggg*
I don't think the identity of the silver-haired guy is that hard to deduce even if his name hasn't been said yet, :D.
Ah, that means I got the atmosphere right, and it in fact does play out right after Aqua's last part in Blank Points.
Next weekend, if nothing too important in RL bottles me up. ;)

To be honest, this is probably my favorite chapter so far. I love Roxas and Ventus chapters as well however, but there's just something in this chapter that makes me like this a bit, bit more. Is it Aqua~? Hm, can't say for sure. ;3

As I've said already, Rudol parts are probably my favorite parts description wise. And the part in this chapter was truly brilliant, again. *u* The description of the environment... *3* haha, makes me jealous to be honest.

And I was very excited to see Aqua. lol, that's an understatement to be honest. I was pretty surprised to see her this early (again, so to say early). Haha, I was like "OMG AQUAAA" when I first realized who you were describing. I really love the way you wrote her. I had nothing to fix (and that actually applies to all the other characters in this chapter as well). The battle between her and Sephiroth is very intense and I loved reading it.

Keep up the good work, which you are apparently doing, haha (chapter 19, mmmummmumm~ *3*) and well, no need to say that I'm looking forward to the next chapters~ *u*

Ah I see, like a 100%-like and a 110%-like difference? *ggg*
Nonetheless, it's great you like the chapters centered around Aqua this much. The next two chapters will also continue to concentrate on Aqua before we get back to Lea, Isa, Braig and Leon as well as the Radiant Garden gang.
Roxas and Ven however won't be seen until chapter 32, so that's still a while.

The descriptive parts of Rudol's journey through the new world were a lot of thinking work since I had to imagine that world for myself and then look how to properly describe that in English. Wasn't so easy as it may sound.

That I can read out of your whole review, makes me even chuckle a bit but why not? In the light of the overall plot it is in fact relatively early since my chapters are rather short, but I need to do this to place the "pieces on the chessboard" so to say and this encounter now serves to give Aqua first doubts and something to think about regarding her beliefs in absolute light.
That will be needed later when she finally comes face to face with Riku. Furthermore, her opponent isn't just there as a convincing enemy for her and to somehow shoehorn him in the story, there are two other purposes he has to play as a support character, but I won't reveal that just yet.

That battle will go on in the next chapter though before the little twist comes in...and they both will show some more moves. ;)

So you already read it? Lol, that's the advantage of being a proof reader. ;)
Will do, as readers giving feedback is what fires the author to go on as well. ^__^

Nov

Awards

Quite unusual for me to make a comment about a comment but... *v*

Ah I see, like a 100%-like and a 110%-like difference? *ggg*
Nonetheless, it's great you like the chapters centered around Aqua this much. The next two chapters will also continue to concentrate on Aqua before we get back to Lea, Isa, Braig and Leon as well as the Radiant Garden gang.
Roxas and Ven however won't be seen until chapter 32, so that's still a while.

The descriptive parts of Rudol's journey through the new world were a lot of thinking work since I had to imagine that world for myself and then look how to properly describe that in English. Wasn't so easy as it may sound.

That I can read out of your whole review, makes me even chuckle a bit but why not? In the light of the overall plot it is in fact relatively early since my chapters are rather short, but I need to do this to place the "pieces on the chessboard" so to say and this encounter now serves to give Aqua first doubts and something to think about regarding her beliefs in absolute light.
That will be needed later when she finally comes face to face with Riku. Furthermore, her opponent isn't just there as a convincing enemy for her and to somehow shoehorn him in the story, there are two other purposes he has to play as a support character, but I won't reveal that just yet.

That battle will go on in the next chapter though before the little twist comes in...and they both will show some more moves. ;)

So you already read it? Lol, that's the advantage of being a proof reader. ;)
Will do, as readers giving feedback is what fires the author to go on as well. ^__^
Haha, I guess you could say so.
Well, as I've said to you, that after Roxas and Riku, she is probably my favorite character in the series (she is at least one of my favorite characters) so it's no wonder that I like them so much. Especially when you describe her so well. The Aqua centered chapters are very enjoyable for me therefore.
I was actually meant to ask you that when we will see them next, haha. Oh yeah, it was still quite a long way but we're getting closer nevertheless even though I'm 1000% sure that we will get something very, very interesting before we see them again.

I've been thinking about that as well because that has been one of my obstacles to start writing in English. I mean, I could handle dialog pretty well but describing things with rather complex adjectives and to do it successfully in English... yeah, no. so I'm sure that it's not easy (as you said yourself that it isn't).

Why does it make you chuckle? Haha. Well, I guess it's a bit funny. But yeah, I think I gave you an explanation already that why. And I think we had a conversation about her and then Riku's role in her future regarding this story already. *u* *chuckle*
Ah, I see. That's intriguing~

And yes, already read chapter 19 and already started the proofreading~ \o

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Quite unusual for me to make a comment about a comment but... *v*

Haha, I guess you could say so.
Well, as I've said to you, that after Roxas and Riku, she is probably my favorite character in the series (she is at least one of my favorite characters) so it's no wonder that I like them so much. Especially when you describe her so well. The Aqua centered chapters are very enjoyable for me therefore.
I was actually meant to ask you that when we will see them next, haha. Oh yeah, it was still quite a long way but we're getting closer nevertheless even though I'm 1000% sure that we will get something very, very interesting before we see them again.

I've been thinking about that as well because that has been one of my obstacles to start writing in English. I mean, I could handle dialog pretty well but describing things with rather complex adjectives and to do it successfully in English... yeah, no. so I'm sure that it's not easy (as you said yourself that it isn't).

Why does it make you chuckle? Haha. Well, I guess it's a bit funny. But yeah, I think I gave you an explanation already that why. And I think we had a conversation about her and then Riku's role in her future regarding this story already. *u* *chuckle*
Ah, I see. That's intriguing~

And yes, already read chapter 19 and already started the proofreading~ \o

Nothing wrong with that, lol.

Heheh, alright then.
Oh yeah, you mentioned something along those lines. ;)
It's really something I put effort in as I want to describe all characters I use as best as I can.
Oh, what a coincidence. But yeah, the reason for this is practically simple as Ventus needs to recuperate from the heavy stuff that happened in their first story arc, I would never forget two of my favorites but there are other characters who need to be addressed too.
Oh, you can be sure of that, lol. We'll see a bit more about the FF-characters (and some new FF characters) before going back to Ven and Roxas as well as some more stuff about our main trio and some development for Kairi as well as the first appearance of Naminé.

Indeed, adding on top of this the fact that the thing you try to describe cannot be seen somewhere because it's only in your head and you have another layer of complexity.

It made me chuckle because it's somewhat cute, that almost visible joy from the text of the comment.
Yeah, we spoke about that in the VM if I remember correctly. ;)
Hmmhmm, some hints about that will be dropped in chapter 20. ^__^

Fast you are this time. (lame Master Yoda-joke). ;P

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 19 posted)

Okay, now it's time to put up chapter 19, let's see how that battle between Aqua and the "mysterious" (lol, sure) swordsman unfolds further. ;)

#####

XIX. Think about blindness

Agh, no, I am doing way too little damage, hah?
Teleporting immediately after that strike, the man reappeared in the air right beside Aqua, performing another slash which would deal multiple hits.

Reacting immediately Aqua conjured up her barrier, blocking her opponent's strike.

"Hah!" With a battle cry she sent him flying with Counter Blast.

Swirling through the air, performing an elegant flip the man landed safely on his feet a few meters away just as Aqua reached the ground again as well.

"Very good reaction time indeed. I wonder if you have any more tricks up your sleeve?" He said in an odd tone that was a mix of mockery and approval, getting in his battle stance with raised weapon again.

"Wait, why do we even have to fight? Aren't we in the same situation anyways?" She asked, but still retained her own battle stance.

The man smirked again. "In the same situation, ha. Why do you assume you know my situation? I, on my part, just fight because I like to, and because I am interested in seeing how good the people who are wielding these weapons called keyblades really are."

Aqua was taken aback by this. "What do you mean? Don't you know where we are? It's the Realm of Darkness itself, hell incarnate. Don't you want to find a way out?"

Now the man started to chuckle a bit.
"Hell incarnate, oh dear, darkness is not hell. It grants unseen amounts of power, as I will show you with pleasure."

"What? So the darkness has taken you!" Aqua shouted, cartwheeling again as the man send a wave of dark energy at her by swinging his blade.

"You really think that? Pff, pathetic!" He swirled around, sending another flurry of blade-shaped energywaves made of light in her direction.

"Come!" With a wave of his right hand, several floating orbs of darkness appeared around Aqua, closing in on her after a second.

Damnit, can't dodge now. Aqua had no choice but to use her barrier again, reflecting the first three of the blade shaped energywaves and the dark orbs, but the remaining five energywaves hit as the barrier collapsed too early.

"Arrgh!" Aqua was thrown back against another rock, but the man comboed by immediately teleporting after the energywaves hit and delivered a well-timed slash with his blade, sending her flying through the rock, shattering it in the process.

Recovering pretty fast Aqua managed to dodge another swing of that ridiculously long blade, blocked another one with the Master Keeper and then jump back to conjure another Curaga.
"You sure know how to take a beating, my appreciation, but how about actually dishing out some? Or does your blind denial of darkness hamper your targeting ability around here?"

"You won't sway me with your babbling nonsense, eat this!" Aqua roared, raising Master Keeper into the air summoning up a Firaga Burst-spell.

A ball of flame emerged at the tip of the blade, sending out repeated volleys of fireballs.

"Nice try." The warrior swatted away two fireballs with his Nodachi, then charged at her.

Three more fireballs crashed into him from several sides, stopping his advance.

"Nngh, really not bad, but by now you actually should have realized something." With a devious smirk, he stood up straight, dusting off his coat just below one of the shoulder pauldrons.

Aqua chose to ignore this provocative move, not moving her eyes off the opponent once.

Realizing it, she let out a sigh. "You're immune to elemental magic..."

His smirk didn't change. "Indeed."
"Who the heck are you? What do you WANT???" She shouted at him.

"Well now, they call me Sephiroth. And the second question you already know; I want to see that keyblade in real action! So then, who are you?"
The silver-haired warrior remained in the same loose stance than before, still not much more emotion in his expression.

"I am Aqua, keyblade master and protector of the worlds!" Aqua raised the Master Keeper again.

"Not here I fear, the Realm of Darkness has its own protectors." Sephiroth retorted, raising his blade again.
"Hmph, however, a keyblade master should be entertaining."

"Not as much as you might think, fiend of the dark!" Aqua snarled as she now ignored Sephiroth's superior reach and opted for a melee approach.

"You're mistaken, and I shall make you see that." Sephiroth raised his Nodachi, swinging it down meeting Master Keeper halfway.

The blades clashing with the sound of steel against steel, Aqua pulled back shortly and let the Master Keeper swing upwards in another angle.

Sephiroth changed the angle of his own weapon, blocking the strike and then used the momentum to let Aqua tumble sideways past him.

Cartwheeling again the blue-haired young woman dodged his counterslash, rushing him with a Barrier Surge immediately after.

"Ugh, finally an attack that does some damage." He mocked.
"Your arrogance will be your downfall!" She retorted, jumping up and dealing three hits at once with her Wishing Edge-attack.

"...and your blindness will probably be yours one day." Sephiroth countered, dashing backwards away from her very quickly, sending another wave of darkness at her by swinging his Nodachi.

Aqua blocked it with her barrier, sending another Counter Blast in her opponent's direction.

"A really bothersome technique that is, I admit." The silver-haired swordsman swatted away one of the barrier pieces which had nearly hit him, then raising his right hand again, forcing the bluenette to dodge another bright yellow lightning bolt crashing down on her former position.

As Sephiroth slowly turned to face her again, Aqua started Sonic Blade, charging forward with extended keyblade.

Scoring a full hit she made him grunt in real pain for the first time, dealing more than just superficial damage.

Chaining together the next two charges, Aqua finally did pack some real punch...until the fourth hit missed as Sephiroth teleported away.

Ghhh...that guy is a real tough nut...
"Impressive..." His voice came from out of nowhere.

Damnit...were is he?
Aqua swirled around two times, ready to cartwheel away in a moment's notice.

"Watch out! Above you!!" The old man in the black coat shouted a warning.

"What the...?"
"I'll lead you...to the promised land!"
From far above her, Sephiroth was diving down directly targeting her, his Nodachi pointed down for a very unpleasant impaling deathblow.

Hissing, Aqua cartwheeled once and then added a forward diving jump to it.

Her adversary crashed down on the spot where she stood before, the blade sinking deep into the ground of the dark shore, cracking it.
As she turned to attack again, she saw to her surprise a purple shockwave spreading out from the place where the blade was stuck. Jumping over it, Aqua just barely managed to add a second jump right in midair to avoid the several sharp rockformations erupting in a certain perimeter around Sephiroth after the shockwave.

"Take this!" With a swing of Master Keeper she sent another volley of rainbow-colored energy-projectiles at him from the air, knowing that while his sword is stuck in the ground there would be no blocking.

Sephiroth pulled his Nodachi out of the ground in astounding speed, but it wasn't fast enough to block the energy bursts. Taking the entire round he was really forced back for the first time, tumbling three steps backwards.

To keep up the pressure, Aqua immediately added another Barrier Surge, causing him to let out an annoyed grunt before she cloaked the keyblade in light, performing a quick spinning attack to send him flying.
"Really not bad...you're a worthy opponent despite your blindness." Sephiroth exclaimed with a very slim tone of approval apparent in his voice.
"Still...with your blind faith in light you won't get anywhere here; you deny the darkness and that's what traps you even more. I would advise you to think about your blindness."

Aqua's expression soured. "What do you know? Slave of the darkness...it just drowns your heart and makes you unable to judge clearly, putting emphasis on negative emotions like anger, hatred, jealousy, envy and the likes."

Sephiroth now actually laughed...the first more "emotional" reaction he displayed at all.
"Now that's more than funny...it's hilarious. Do I look or act like a moron blinded by anger and hatred? Drowned in jealousy? It's actually that I control the darkness...not the other way around."

"Typical excuse of everyone who has fallen to darkness, they think they're in control, but in reality they aren't!"
"Hmph, I can clearly see you had some quite biased teacher...what a pity. Light can be as cruel as darkness can be...and negativity is not reserved to darkness alone, the element itself is meaningless. The intentions behind them are what counts. Nonetheless, I think our little sparring match attracted some unwanted spectators..."

Aqua struggled with Sephiroth's ensnaring speech., as she suddenly noticed he was right on the topic of 'spectators'.
Hundreds of yellow eyes where gazing at them in a wide half circle...as more and more of the already known black creatures which mainly populated this realm crept closer to their location.
Little ones with twitching antennae, their eerie bigger cousins with antennae as long as tentacles and even 6 or 7 of the big, bulky ones with the gaping, heartshaped holes in their chest.

Damnit...it's them again...heartless...that's what the old man called them.
She also now noticed a new variant she hadn't seen before, somewhat of a smaller form of the big, bulky ones with black, batlike wings, feathery wings on their forearms, purple-blue horns and a dangerous looking scalloped blue-bladed sword.

"Pretty much useless things. I wonder if you can bring them down all on your own?" Sephiroth smirked at her.

"Ghh...why do they swarm here now?"
"Easy...your shining light...and of course the keyblade...attracts them. They want to steal your heart because people commanding keyblades always have a very strong heart." He continued, turning sideways to face the heartless.

"I will face and destroy them!" Aqua answered with determination, raising Master Keeper up.

#####

Well now, I wonder if this turn of events at the end was too predictable, lol.
Also, I would be interested to know who gets all four types of heartless that appeared there. ^___^

Last edited by a moderator:

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic

Ah, I haven't read in a while. I'm glad to see you still updating. :)
Chapter 19 was AMAZING. That's by far one of the most fast-paced, but still descriptive battle scenes. Like, it was perfectly balanced. I don't see a lot of authors who are able to do that.
God, poor Aqua. :(. She's such a light person that's stuck in that dark hole. Heartless grabbing at her, getting attacked by Sephiroth himself, etc... Though, I think she in some way needs to accept the darkness a little more. Not become completely consumed by it like Riku was and Xehanort(in whatever form) is. But I see you're working on that aspect with your story. Makes me glad. A lot of other KH3 fics don't incorporate that character maturity process. I mean, ALL of the KH characters need to have some sort of development. Riku needs to accept the past and who he is now, Aqua needs to understand the meaning of 'balance' of light and dark, Sora needs to be a little less cocky(I have a feeling DDD will fix that. :(. Poor Sora!), Kairi needs to get off her lazy bum and do something worthwhile of a main character, Ven needs his heart repaired, and Terra needs his IQ raised a few points, along with his gullibility problem.
But I see you are dealing with these characters' problems(or eventually will) and having them go through that process.
Once again, I can't even tell that English is your second language. Perfect grammar and spelling! How long did it take you to learn English? I heard it's very hard to learn for foreigners. Is that true? Did they teach it to you in school?
Man, I can just imagine all those Heartless surrounding them. Actually, it's kind of cute in a way. I mean, Shadows have always looked so cute. Neoshadows and Darksides....not so much.
I can't wait for the next entry! Keep it up, you're doing AMAZINGLY well(and I use that word sparingly).

Kiwi +

Push Ethan Page!
Awards

It’s the Realm of Darkness itself, hell incarnate. Don’t you want to find a way out?”

Now the man started to chuckle a bit.
“Hell incarnate…oh dear, darkness is not hell. It grants unseen amounts of power, as I will show you with pleasure.”
Wow, Seph. I really REALLY liked this chapter! *-*
I especially found this part interesting. In my opinion, I kinda always thought that in their universe, the Realm of Darkness could be considered their type of hell. This really got me thinking. ^^ Two almost eerily similar places, well probably not, but it just seemed so appropriate. :O
The Heartless? Like the above person said, I always found Shadows kinda adorable. xD
The Darksides and Invisibles, I always liked their designs, though! :D

We'll see what you come up with next. <3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Since I haven't yet the newest proofread version of chapter 20 I won't be able to set it up today, yet I will still take some time to address the already made comments. ^___^

Ah, I haven't read in a while. I'm glad to see you still updating. :)
Chapter 19 was AMAZING. That's by far one of the most fast-paced, but still descriptive battle scenes. Like, it was perfectly balanced. I don't see a lot of authors who are able to do that.
God, poor Aqua. :(. She's such a light person that's stuck in that dark hole. Heartless grabbing at her, getting attacked by Sephiroth himself, etc... Though, I think she in some way needs to accept the darkness a little more. Not become completely consumed by it like Riku was and Xehanort(in whatever form) is. But I see you're working on that aspect with your story. Makes me glad. A lot of other KH3 fics don't incorporate that character maturity process. I mean, ALL of the KH characters need to have some sort of development. Riku needs to accept the past and who he is now, Aqua needs to understand the meaning of 'balance' of light and dark, Sora needs to be a little less cocky(I have a feeling DDD will fix that. :(. Poor Sora!), Kairi needs to get off her lazy bum and do something worthwhile of a main character, Ven needs his heart repaired, and Terra needs his IQ raised a few points, along with his gullibility problem.
But I see you are dealing with these characters' problems(or eventually will) and having them go through that process.
Once again, I can't even tell that English is your second language. Perfect grammar and spelling! How long did it take you to learn English? I heard it's very hard to learn for foreigners. Is that true? Did they teach it to you in school?
Man, I can just imagine all those Heartless surrounding them. Actually, it's kind of cute in a way. I mean, Shadows have always looked so cute. Neoshadows and Darksides....not so much.
I can't wait for the next entry! Keep it up, you're doing AMAZINGLY well(and I use that word sparingly).

I try to be somewhat reliable with the updates. ;)
*bows* Many thanks. I had actually quite some fun writing this battle since both Aqua and Sephiroth are reasonably quick characters, so the fast pace is somewhat justified.
I also choose this combination because I think that Aqua is actually a decent match for Seph where he can't play around that much.
Yes, giving Aqua first doubts about her zealous beliefs in the light is the whole point of this small story arc and to setup later developments.
Sephiroth's presence in the Dark Realm has also two more reasons that will come into play later, but for now it really serves to give Aqua something to think about. Although she won't change her views because of all this (this is reserved for Riku later on), she gets some "ground" for later being able to change. ;)
I see you're really into the development of the characters, so you certainly will like how I go on further with the characters as to give them development is the main reason I incorporate them all to a certain extent in important roles as the story unfolds further.

Oi, now I won't actually call my grammar already "perfect" (my beta reader on FF.net tends to disagree at least in smaller areas, lol), but I'm flattered about the praise nonetheless. :)
I started to learn (British) English in 5th grade at school, about 15 years ago when I was eleven, lol.
It was of course something I had to get used to since it's of course vastly different from German, yet ever since the Internet became more prevalent in my life around the early 2000s I got to use it more in everyday business (and also read much more, I'm a bookworm ^__^) I got more secure with it.
One downside may be however that since my prolonged exposure to the net (and me being out of school for nearly seven years now) my English got "mixed" up with much words from American English so I have no pure "British" anymore. *ggg*

Haha, yep, Shadows have a certain "cuteness" to them in a weird way, as have the Flood-Unversed.
These Heartless are up to no good though I can already say, lol, since Aqua and Sephiroth aren't just the average guys you can mess with. ^__^
The next entry will (hopefully) be there some day this week when I get back the proofread version from my KH Insider-beta, <3.

Gee, that makes me almost feel embarassed...and so motivated to write on with it that I may even consider skipping work to do it (the last bit is a joke of course, ;D).

Wow, Seph. I really REALLY liked this chapter! *-*
I especially found this part interesting. In my opinion, I kinda always thought that in their universe, the Realm of Darkness could be considered their type of hell. This really got me thinking. ^^ Two almost eerily similar places, well probably not, but it just seemed so appropriate. :O
The Heartless? Like the above person said, I always found Shadows kinda adorable. xD
The Darksides and Invisibles, I always liked their designs, though! :D

We'll see what you come up with next. <3

Glad you like it this much. ^__^
It's an interesting view to it indeed.
In terms of the actual climate hell and the RoD might not be that similar, yet maybe the theme is. ;)
In-story-universe though I made the hell-dark realm analogy mostly to show Aqua's still strong light-biased attitude and, of course, after being there for a long time the place may have her a bit biased towards it.
Sephiroth on the other hand has no problem with it for obvious reasons...

Believe me, hundreds of Shadows bent on ripping your heart out won't be that cute anymore, especially when they come together with hordes of Neoshadows, Darksides and Invisibles. *ggg*
And with that, we have the composition of the Heartless Army that has gathered around the dark margin. ;)

Heh, the next chapter might have a slight twist the readers did not expect, hehe. <3

Stars

&#12522;&#12463;

Aww... <3 Aqua is a really strong woman and you describe the fighting scene really perfect..
Meh xD Keyblade wielder is always 'popular' to the Heartless

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Aww... <3 Aqua is a really strong woman and you describe the fighting scene really perfect..
Meh xD Keyblade wielder is always 'popular' to the Heartless

Many thanks, I practice writing battle scenes so I do hope they become more interesting over time.
Aqua and Sephiroth are both top tier fighters and none of them is crippled, so it's probably natural it goes a bit faster and more intense, lol.
Of course Aqua is strong, lol, Sephiroth had to use more of his power to fight her than he had to to with Sora (the "brat" he fought a month ago, to which he referred in chapter 18 is actually a throwback to Sora fighting him in KH 2 ;D).

Yep, they will always be after you if you have a Keyblade, that's canon stuff. ;)

---

Anyways, I'm deeply sorry for this long delay since proofreading took Nov a bit longer this time due to RL issues.
Now chapter 20 is finally there though to conclude Aqua's first arc and give her something to brood over. ;)

#####

XX. Shaken beliefs

"What brave determination, you apparently do have some credibility for getting the title of "Master", although your overview of the greater picture is narrowed to a fault. Very well...that was surely entertaining, but I have someone to find. So I will take my leave now. Good luck with the bunch of dark critters, mighty Keyblade Master."

Aqua scoffed at him as he turned away from her...
What a snobbish, arrogant jerk.

The army of heartless had by now crept closer, blocking the path away from the beach.
Sephiroth shortly closed his eyes, letting out a disdained snort.
"Petty worthless annoyances...looks like they want to get trashed that badly."

"Your way's blocked? Mighty warrior of the shadows?" Aqua retorted with a sarcastic remark, standing beside him.
He smirked. "...not really."
"Oh, I get it...you are so conceited that these low lifeforms are not even worth a flick of your oversized blade? How about I clear a path so that I don't need to see you any longer?"

His smirk widened.
"Interesting offer. You're certainly someone to take note of. I wonder if we will meet again in the Realm of Light one day? Of course only if you manage to escape...someday. However, this has nothing to do with conceitedness, to erase these fools, even in their own territory, is nothing more than dusting. These are not some of the more dangerous species. So how about doing some cleaning before I go?"
Sephiroth raised his Nodachi again, going into battle stance beside Aqua this time.

She hissed again at his cutting remarks, but nonetheless she had to admit he was a strong warrior and that his confidence was not a facade but backed up by tremendous power.
Sighing, she got into battle stance as well.
"Fine, I'll admit you're a real strong opponent and your power deserves to be taken seriously, but don't expect me to gain any respect to your warped views. This will be nothing more than a small alliance of convenience for the time being."

"Agreed!" With these words, Sephiroth stepped forward and swung his blade horizontally around, bisecting nine Heartless in one stroke.
Aqua blasted five more with a Triple Firaga before jumping up releasing another volley of Prism Rain, blasting apart two Invisibles and four Neoshadows.

Another Invisible charged with raised sword, which she blocked with the barrier, sending it flying with Counter Blast. Sephiroth cut blindingly fast through two more Neoshadows with one fast slash, destroying both with multiple hits.
As a group of more than twelve Shadows attacked, he only snorted dismissing, his blade suddenly shining in a purple glow.

"Cut..." Sephiroth charged forward, starting a wild slashing combo with his glowing sword, annihilating the Shadows with ease.
...vanish!" With the last of eight strikes, he swatted away three more Neoshadows.

Conjuring up another Ice Barrage, Aqua also eliminated a whole group of different heartless.
"They don't back off one moment." She snarled, dodging the attacks of two more Neoshadows before obliterating them and seven more Shadows with a sweeping Thundaga-spell.

"Not really suprising, as the radiance of your shining heart and the Keyblade keeps attracting them." Sephiroth snickered, gloating while slashing apart six more Heartless.
Destroying two more Shadows with a short Keyblade-combo, Aqua just completely ignored Sephiroth's antics and jumped up, casting another Thundaga right in the middle of another group.

One of the real big ones came forward now, raising its big hand to a strong punch.
She couldn't believe what she was seeing....as Sephiroth's Nodachi now shimmered in a bright light.
Jumping upwards in a diagonal drive he elegantly sliced the Heartless in two with a long vertical upward strike.

Using the momentum, he comboed with the fast down-diving attack stabbing his blade in the ground again amidst the army, wiping out more than twenty Heartless around him with the erupting sharp rockformations while the purple shockwave emanating around him took out still more foes in the vicinity.

What a show-off, bragging about his powers like this. But well, I have something to show myself...
Taking on the imaginary "challenge" Aqua charged forward, performing a full physical combo on one of the bigger, sword-wielding Heartless, enabling her finisher in the process.

"Farewell, monsters!" She shouted, spawning eight huge purple-white energy spheres around her.
Jumping up she swatted one sphere after the other with her blade into the bulk of the remaining army, each exploding in a bright energy burst also taking out hordes of monsters.

Slashing more Neoshadows to pieces as he witnessed the vast magnitude of destruction, Sephiroth gave away a short snicker and a low hum; his way to express acknowledgment of Aqua's power.
As she landed again, three more Shadows and five Neoshadows immediately jumped at her, only to be either torn to shreds or tossed away by an Aeroga-spell.
Over two thirds of the amassed army had been destroyed by now, leaving only a few Invisibles, a bit more than twenty Neoshadows, a bunch of approximately fifty Shadows and eight of the towering big Darksides.
Despite all the losses they did not even once seem to think of retreating.

Another Invisible charged directly at her, which Aqua blocked with her barrier again.
Instead of sending it flying with Counter Blast, this time she brought up Master Keeper and stabbed the thing through the chest, eliminating it.

Turning around, she sent a Triple Firaga into another group of Shadows, blasting them apart before elegantly stepping aside to dodge a claw-swipe of a Neoshadow.
Slashing it apart, she noticed Sephiroth blasting four more Neoshadows with more energywaves shot from his blade, then conjuring up a flaming meteor surrounded by dark energy, destroying the second big one with it.
As the third Darkside now came forward, blasting some dark orb projectiles from the hole in its stomach Aqua charged at it, kicking two Neoshadows aside in the process and decapitating a regular Shadow with a sideway-swing of Master Keeper.
Jumping up another time Aqua charged a round of Prism Rain again, targeting the foe's dark orbs.
Flying off, the rainbow-colored energy blasts collided with the Darkside's projectiles and dissipated them.
The Keyblade master added a second jump in midair to her first again, bringing herself on the same height as the Darkside and casted a Blizzaga-spell directly in its face.

The monster roared in pain, tumbling a step back before swinging its arm to swat Aqua away like a fly.
She however let herself just drop, causing the arm attack to miss.While falling, Aqua conjured up another Thundaga, blasting the Darkside with a round of lightning.

Not leaving it one moment to recover, she drove forwards immediately after, blasting a Thundaga Shot at it before cartwheeling aside once and fire another Triple Firaga.

Weakened by the barrage of strong magic attacks, the Darkside bent forwards in a daze. Switching to another level of her battle mode, Aqua started to charge energy for three and a half seconds before unleashing several salvos of destructive light energy projectiles by gracefully spinning around, obliterating the Darkside with the sheer power of Lightbloom, her ultimative crowd control ability.
Several additional Shadows and Invisibles got also caught and blasted apart in the barrage of magical attacks...causing even a slightly impressed whistle from Sephiroth, who just had slashed apart four more Shadows with his Reaper-attack.

"Now I see that title of Master is really not wasted on you despite all your flawed views. Very well, let's end that miserable battle by annihilating the rest of those worthless critters."
"Who has the flawed views is a matter of viewpoint." Aqua snarled back, jumping over Sephiroth slashing apart two Neoshadows with a wide horizontal swing.

"Stubborn as if having a head of concrete." He mocked as he teleported above her, conjuring up a barrage of smaller flaming meteors, blasting apart two more Darksides, leaving only three remaining, as well as a last bunch of Shadows, three Neoshadows and one measly Invisible.
The remaining Invisible now charged forward with raised sword, but to Aqua's horror not at her or Sephiroth, but at the old man in the black coat who now sat on the rock at the water again.
"Sir, watch out!" She screamed, turning around to chase after the Invisible.

The old man turned slightly and raised his hand, a dark shield blocking the sword-strike of the heartless. Flying back, the monster prepared another charge, as the old man let the shield disappear and blasted the Invisible with three dark fireballs, much to Aqua's surprise.

"Now take a look at this..." Sephiroth whistled interested. "...seems the old loon remembers something."
One of the three remaining Darksides let one fist directly strike at the silver-haired swordsman; only to be blocked by a green energy shield. "Fear not..." Taking one step forward after the block, Sephiroth slashed once, dealing multiple hits to the towering monster, then, as it came crashing down, slashed a second time bisecting it right through the lower torso.

"Like I said, it's just like dusting off your clothes." He said in a matter-of-fact voice.

Aqua snapped out of her surprise that the old man used dark powers and blasted the remaining Shadows and three Neoshadows with an Ice Barrage followed by a Thundaga, leaving only the last two Darksides intact.

"Time to finish that "dusting"." Aqua proclaimed, surrounding herself with three roaring pillars of fire, charging at one of the Darksides with Raging Storm.
"Indeed..." Sephiroth jumped up and performed a mid-air Octaslash slicing the last Darkside to pieces while Aqua burned up the other by repeatedly rushing it with her Raging Storm.

"That concludes the army of misguided meaningless monsters." Sephiroth said with a monotone voice, his Nodachi disappearing in a flash of light.

Aqua sighed exhausted as she let herself fall to the ground, at the same time relieved that he dismissed his weapon, indicating that he didn't want to continue their fight.
Still...he's got an amazing stamina...
Dusting off his coat again, he turned towards her for the last time. "It was a really refreshing sparring match I must say. I had to use more of my power than I originally intended. As a reward, I'll give you one last piece of advice...although you may see it as "warped view" again. If you really want to escape this realm and return to the realm of light you need to broaden your views and not reject darkness. Rejection causes it to hold you even further."

Her mouth shot open, she not entirely sure what to answer, as he turned around completely, his wing shedding some feathers. "Anyways, I have to resume my search. Farewell, shining Keyblade master, maybe until next time."
Sephiroth now stepped forward in a firm and fast pace, leaving Aqua and the old man alone without turning once again.

Remaining there sitting on the ground, Aqua tried to calm down her breath. The old man slowly stood up from the rock and approached her.
"I think we should change our location. Having taken place here, the battle will attract more heartless, especially since you used that Keyblade."

She looked at him with an uneasy flicker in her eyes.
"Oh...so you're alerted now because I used darkness to defend myself from that attack? I don't remember how or why I can do this...it was a reflex one could say. I did not suddenly change into a monster."

Shaking her head, she sighed again. "No Sir, that's not it. I...I am just totally lost and in confusion, I just can't believe some random stuff blabbered out by a user of darkness...those types of existences try to deceive and trick you to fall to darkness yourself. And yet, on the other hand; why do his words still bother me that much?"

"Sounds like you have much things to think about...let us walk together to another location and leave you time to think undisturbed." He offered.
"Fine enough...that may be the right thing to do now..." Aqua whispered back, getting up slowly and starting to walk away from the dark meridian beside the old man in the black coat.

#####

I can imagine that unlikely team-up was a bit of a surprise, wasn't it? *ggg*

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That was uncalled for...tsk. Wacky forum is wacky. Too much traffic again I assume. <__<

Last edited:

Kiwi +

Push Ethan Page!
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 20 posted)

Hehe, I sure was wondering when you would update again. I'm glad you did so, though! Seeing as how Nov and even yourself mentioned that you guys where busy as of late.
I'll respond to you in vm a little later, yes. :D

Anyways, while I'm sad about that Aqua arc ending, I hope we will see her sooner than later eventually! I want to see what they will do. Other than that, awesome with imagery as usual and Sephiroth is always a cup of win! Makes me think about things, very much so indeed. <3

Lol, I hope the crash from yesterday didn't affect your posting schedule that much? ^^;

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic

Ah! Another beautiful chapter!
I know I keep saying this and I hope it's not becoming annoying, but... I love your writing! The sarcastic banter between Sephi and Aqua is priceless. Her development, aka not being so biased for the light is wonderful.
Ansem and Aqua are good for each other. Comforting the other, looking out for one another, etc.
Anyways, this was one of the most entertaining chapters yet. Keep going!

Stars

&#12522;&#12463;

Great chapter, seph! :) I so hope this will happen in KH3, or aqua battle with somebody else will be just amazing :D
Oh? Ansem protecting himself with dark power? Awesome! I just have one question.. He does can use the power of darkness to fight right?
I wonder who will they encounter next.* ggg*
Hope you will update the chapter soon

Last edited:

Key Wielder

Awards

Let me first preface my review by saying it has been a looooooooooooooooooooooooo--

*two days later*

--oooooooooong time since I read any fanfiction, whether of the KH variety or otherwise. I used to write it myself and did some beta reading for friends, but eventually I gave it up and started writing my own original stories/novels. I never missed fanfiction or looked back. That being said, you've made me thoroughly miss the world of fanfiction!!!!!!!!!!!

My attention was grabbed right from the very beginning as I skeptically made my way through the prologue; after years of reading fanfiction of pretty negotiable quality, I was wary of getting back into it even if it's only one story. The prologue, however, had me wanting more and I ended up reading through the whole thing as fast as I could just to see what was going to happen next. The cliffhangers are killer, but I've done enough of them myself to know that it is more fun to build the excitement. The story itself is very intriguing as a whole and has kept my attention from the beginning. I can't wait to see what Rudol and his boss are up to, what Isa and Braig are going to do next and what their newest scheme is, how SRK's story will progress.................. Put simply, I love that you've incorporated everyone into the story and given them separate but interrelated and interdependent storylines. It is very well organized and obvious that you've put a great deal of thought into this story. Oh, and your grammar is nearly impeccable, especially in later chapters, so it makes this really easy to read!

Something else I have to comment on is your use of character relationships. I have always loved how the games aren't afraid to show closeness between characters, whether they are both male, both female, or of different genders. Seeing that here really makes it feel more like KH canon because you don't force any shipping but show that closeness objectively, just like the games do. I thoroughly enjoyed the scenes so far with Roxas and Ven; the fact that they can be close in their isolation and find comfort in each other's company more than anything else is heartwarming. I look forward to seeing where that friendship will go.

As for the most recent chapters, however: WOW! I never would have expected Sephiroth to show up in the RoD and troll Aqua like that. It seems like a good thing, though; perhaps he will start her on a path to understanding that, unlike what she was taught by Eraqus, using darkness does not mean being a slave to the forces of evil. Aqua's a great character and that is one of her biggest flaws, so I'd love to see some development on that front! Your descriptions of the fight sequences are spot on and I can see it in my head, so great job on that as well!

Thank you for the awesome story and I look forward to reading future chapters!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Hehe, I sure was wondering when you would update again. I'm glad you did so, though! Seeing as how Nov and even yourself mentioned that you guys where busy as of late.
I'll respond to you in vm a little later, yes. :D

Anyways, while I'm sad about that Aqua arc ending, I hope we will see her sooner than later eventually! I want to see what they will do. Other than that, awesome with imagery as usual and Sephiroth is always a cup of win! Makes me think about things, very much so indeed. <3

Lol, I hope the crash from yesterday didn't affect your posting schedule that much? ^^;

I know I wasn't able to hold the schedule, lol. RL really threw a wrench into things this time around.

Aqua has now also somewhat of a longer pause as she needs time to think and move around together with Ansem in order to avoid attracting another Heartless Army.
She becomes important again later on though.
Thanks, yup, Sephiroth has in contrast to Aqua no problem at all traversing the RoD and the Heartless are more nuisances than a real danger to him. ;)
If you have a theory just post it, lol.

It's less the forum crash, more like RL really reducing my online time.

Ah! Another beautiful chapter!
I know I keep saying this and I hope it's not becoming annoying, but... I love your writing! The sarcastic banter between Sephi and Aqua is priceless. Her development, aka not being so biased for the light is wonderful.
Ansem and Aqua are good for each other. Comforting the other, looking out for one another, etc.
Anyways, this was one of the most entertaining chapters yet. Keep going!

Why thank you. ^___^
Nah, it isn't annoying, on the contrary it's rather flattering and of course a great motivator.
Glad you like that part. I included it since I am on the impression that while Aqua would be respectful of Sephiroth's power, she would not be intimidated by him and therefore confident enough to stand her ground against his trolling and snarky remarks.
This arc gave her merely the push to start thinking about her views. She hasn't changed anything yet about her views but the first seeds of doubt are planted, making it a little bit easier for Riku later in the story.
Now that you say it I noticed quite the parallels. Aqua has now Ansem to keep her company and make her torment bearable and Ventus has Roxas...^__^

Will do, next chapter is right around the corner.

Great chapter, seph! :) I so hope this will happen in KH3, or aqua battle with somebody else will be just amazing :D
Oh? Ansem protecting himself with dark power? Awesome! I just have one question.. He does can use the power of darkness to fight right?
I wonder who will they encounter next.* ggg*
Hope you will update the chapter soon

Gee, thanks. Ahaha, we do not even know yet if Sephiroth will even return in KH III.
I still think it's safe to assume though that Aqua must have a great battle prowess after such a long time in the RoD.
Ansem the Wise is still not really a fighter and he also can't summon dark corridors. As Sephiroth implied, in the heat of the Situation Ansem only remembered some of his connections to Darkness. He can summon a Dark Shield to protect himself and cast Dark Firaga as a counter attack, but that's all about what he can do right now.
Next time we'll take a look at how things at Radiant Garden unfold over three chapters before we get back to our Main Trio arriving at Disney Castle setting in motion some real interesting events.

Let me first preface my review by saying it has been a looooooooooooooooooooooooo--

*two days later*

--oooooooooong time since I read any fanfiction, whether of the KH variety or otherwise. I used to write it myself and did some beta reading for friends, but eventually I gave it up and started writing my own original stories/novels. I never missed fanfiction or looked back. That being said, you've made me thoroughly miss the world of fanfiction!!!!!!!!!!!
Oi, a new reader, I'm honored and happy you take the time to review. :D

My attention was grabbed right from the very beginning as I skeptically made my way through the prologue; after years of reading fanfiction of pretty negotiable quality, I was wary of getting back into it even if it's only one story. The prologue, however, had me wanting more and I ended up reading through the whole thing as fast as I could just to see what was going to happen next. The cliffhangers are killer, but I've done enough of them myself to know that it is more fun to build the excitement. The story itself is very intriguing as a whole and has kept my attention from the beginning. I can't wait to see what Rudol and his boss are up to, what Isa and Braig are going to do next and what their newest scheme is, how SRK's story will progress.................. Put simply, I love that you've incorporated everyone into the story and given them separate but interrelated and interdependent storylines. It is very well organized and obvious that you've put a great deal of thought into this story. Oh, and your grammar is nearly impeccable, especially in later chapters, so it makes this really easy to read!
It's really nice to hear the story can grab attention like that, especially since it's my first serious attempt in English.

I know, I know, my cliffhangers tend to be very mean sometimes, especially when in the next chapter a location change happens and we follow other characters for two or three chapters.
You don't know how happy I am to hear that. That the story is intriguing was my main aim for everything, scattering out some mysteries and place different plots and factions on the "chessboard" and let the reader guess how they will come together (and they will eventually!).
Incorporating as many characters as possible and give them meaningful roles is my second main aim at writing this tale, which is also a reason why the story becomes so long. But I decided to accept that as a necessity in order to give many characters, original, Disney and Final Fantasy, some time to shine.

The great deal of thoughts were two and a half months to be exactly, as I planned the core plot and placement of characters out from April 2011 to mid-June 2011. ^___^

Thanks for the praise of my grammar. Although my Beta at FF.net still finds some issues, they're relatively minor.
The version of the story I post here is my raw version though, fellow Forum member and Friend November Rain helps me a bit with proofreading stuff for here (starting with chapter 17, that's probably why the later chapters are even better ;D).

The thoroughly betaed stuff is put on FF.net and takes therefore longer to post.

Something else I have to comment on is your use of character relationships. I have always loved how the games aren't afraid to show closeness between characters, whether they are both male, both female, or of different genders. Seeing that here really makes it feel more like KH canon because you don't force any shipping but show that closeness objectively, just like the games do. I thoroughly enjoyed the scenes so far with Roxas and Ven; the fact that they can be close in their isolation and find comfort in each other's company more than anything else is heartwarming. I look forward to seeing where that friendship will go.
I have to admit, the relationships between the characters is one of my pets. I love to write those bits.
As I am a very open person I have also no problem at all with portraying more emotional (and partly physical) closeness between characters regardless of gender-combination.
It's great you see it more towards KH canon as that is exactly what I intend to convey, close bonds, friendship and "innocent love" between hearts like the main theme of the series itself is.
I'm not really a shipper so I do also see the relationships between the characters more objective. That doesn't mean I oppose shipping, on the contrary, I can accept many pairings. I also don't get upset if readers interpret something more in some scenes as thoughts are free anyways. I only ask for my own intention to be kept in mind, which means that there is no romantic interest and no sexual attraction between characters in this story canon.
The parts with Roxas and Ventus, while some of my own favorites (as I love both characters and their fates and experiences aren't so different after all), are also some of the most difficult to write for me since I need to keep a delicate balance between how their new friendship grows and not go too fast into things.
I also find it a bit funny that Roxas, while technically the younger, more inexperienced one acts mostly as the "older" brother in their developing relationship, which I intend to evolve more into close friendship, maybe even brotherly territory.
Things are bound to get even more interesting though when Sora also enters into the fray, that I can already guarantee. ^___^

As for the most recent chapters, however: WOW! I never would have expected Sephiroth to show up in the RoD and troll Aqua like that. It seems like a good thing, though; perhaps he will start her on a path to understanding that, unlike what she was taught by Eraqus, using darkness does not mean being a slave to the forces of evil. Aqua's a great character and that is one of her biggest flaws, so I'd love to see some development on that front! Your descriptions of the fight sequences are spot on and I can see it in my head, so great job on that as well!

Thank you for the awesome story and I look forward to reading future chapters!

Quite a surprise, huh? Hehe, I didn't include him there just for fanservice though. While one reason is that he will give Aqua first doubts about her absolute light views, there is another reason why Seph is in the RoD.
It has to do with the person "he's searching for" and he will play another time a short, but crucial role to another character.
Yep, that's one of Aqua's biggest flaws, but the character who will finally make her see the errors for real will be Riku. Sephiroth just serves as the first incentive so to speak.

After strong emotional scenes (like the one with Ven's wayfinder for example), fight scenes are the second most difficult scenes for me to write, so hearing this makes me really proud. :D

Gladly delivered. I'll put up the new chapter in short order. ^___^

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 21 posted)

I know this is a double post, but in order for the Link-Collection in the first post I don't want to mix big Review-answers with a chapter.

It's time to look what's going on in Radiant Garden ;):

#####
XXI. Approaching paths

Letting his eyes search around through the metal-grilled window Lea frowned.
What is this...? Is there no one in this entire damned facility? Still, it looks sterile and clean like someone maintains it.

Looking around in the cell again he didn't notice anything that might be of help.
Similar but different memories still swirling around inside him he clutched and shook his head again in frustration.

STOP THAT! I need to focus on clear thoughts...

Of course he got no answer, but those confusing occurrences inside him hampered his ability to think clearly.
It causes a bad headache as well. Agh, man, I'm getting pissed!

To his great surprise, a wall of flame erupted around him, burning the few pieces of furniture in the cell.
Whoa, whoa...what?
I have power over fire?

Trying hard again to remember he managed to grasp an old memory now.
Right, I had an affinity for fire and started to learn to control and channel it into magic several years ago under the supervision of "her". That caring sorceress whose name I don't remember no, but I did not gain that much power behind it.

Glaring in frustration at the locked door again he now got a sudden memory flash of the "other" memories. Stretching out his arms flames soared around them and two red and silver colored large, sharp chakrams appeared in his hands.

What the heck? These aren't my old frisbees...but with them I surely would not have any chance at all to blast that friggin stupid door.

His expression changing to a weird gleeful grin, Lea spun one of the chakrams around with one hand, setting it ablaze.
With tremendous force he threw the flaming chakram at the locked door, blasting it to pieces in a big explosion.
Whoopsy, that blasts through. Man, I don't know what happened and why I feel there's suddenly more than just "me" in this body, but these powers surely come in handy. Now let's take a look if there's any living being beside me in this weird place.

Summoning the thrown chakram back into his hand without really thinking, he let out another impressed whistle. The redhead was completely awestruck about the powers he apparently could use now without any explanation.

I realize there is much, much to unravel in terms of mysterious things. I will have to do much investigation on the time I apparently was in "suspended" animation inside the darkness...

Many more thoughts running through his mind and now slowly trying to separate and arrange the different sets of memories Lea stepped through the doorframe on the wide corridor.

---

Leon entered Ansem's study and energetically threw the door shut to gain attention of his peers, as Cid and Yuffie seemed already be locked up in another argument, bickering while Merlin was certainly interested in some of the old books lying around.

What he didn't notice was that he threw the door exactly into Braig's face. The man was closely following him but invisible and inaudible due to Ienzo's illusion effects.

Tumbling backwards and holding his nose, the man with the eye patch snarled annoyed. "Goddamned idiocy...hrrn. You think I'm gonna let that slide? As if!"

"I told you to keep more distance." Isa mocked, standing a few feet behind him and suppressing a low laugh.
"Oh shut up blueberry. Better get up with a plan how to follow them further into the computer room, as we can't just walk through the closed door like ghosts."

Isa snorted. "Indeed, you gave a very figurative demonstration."
Braig shot him a glare, but before he could say anything Isa walked past him and put one ear on the door.

"They're already moving into the computer room, their voices are getting lower. We should just open the door ajar a bit and slip through."
"Splendid, good luck we didn't take Aeleus with us." Braig snickered.

"He has enough to do himself in the Land of Dragons." Isa answered, silently opening the door and sliding through the small opening.
Braig followed shortly behind, closing the door silently behind them again.

At the computer room, Cid was already busy typing while Yuffie, Merlin and Leon watched on gathered in a half circle around him.

"Seems like that lifeform has some notable powers. The computer registered an energy outburst down there." Cid stated, shortly wiping over his chin again.
"Notable powers? Hmm...strange. Have we any information on what kind of power it is?" Leon asked.

Words flashed over the screen on their own, obviously a direct answer from Tron.

"Fire elemental magic? Interesting..." Yuffie scratched her head. "...how many heartless use fire?"
"I sincerely doubt it is a heartless. They appear by using dark corridors, but the energy-signature of dark corridors can be detected by our new sensors now." Cid retorted calmly, typing in another question instead of asking it aloud.
"Cid, you know that the computer also has speech-recognition?" Leon interjected, a bit amused.

A dismissing grunt came as an answer as Cid hit another button on the side of the keyboard.

"Speech-output is also possible, hello friends of the Restoration Committee." Trons voice suddenly sounded through the loudspeaker system, making Yuffie jump in surprise while Leon allowed himself a short smile.
"Alright then, let's turn this into a full two-sided conversation with sound." He mumbled, stepping forward to stand beside Cid.

"So, what about that last question gramps put in?" Yuffie asked, having regained her composure.

"Concerning the room beneath the heartless manufactory it isn't just one, but a whole floor with several rooms and hallways. An entire facility is located down there." Tron explained over the loudspeaker.

Leon and the others all looked at each other with a surprised expression.
"A whole facility? That's...nuts! How come no one of us noticed it yet?" Cid yelled.

"It isn't listed in the normal maps nor in the official plans of the castle stored in the main dataspace. Only the installment of the new detection grid a week ago has made the scanners strong enough to reach the place." Tron's voice sounded focused and professional, completely oblivious to the excitement going on between the members of the Restoration Committee.

Braig and Isa leaned on the back wall, beside the digitizer, still no one noticing their presence.
The man with the eye patch displayed his known cocky grin again, causing Isa to roll his eyes in annoyance.

"They have already accessed the system. Wouldn't it be time for our diversion?" He asked.
"Maybe, but first we'll have to decide who goes inside the system looking for that blackbox, of course without getting spotted by the new System Administration program." Braig retorted, grinning even wider.

"Not to mention the access codes to the laboratory need to be erased so the area becomes inaccessible. As one of Ansem's former pupils you should know the password, right? So it'll be better you go inside the system...but don't goof around again!" Isa yelled, clenching his fist slamming it against the wall.

Braig laughed cockily again. "You'll never get used to my style, do you? Well, as there are a total of seven passwords I would be surely the more appropriate candidate to dive into the bytes. I am concerned about the lifeform that suddenly appeared down there though."

"Why should that bother us? If we seal that area off this lifeform, whatever it is, should dry out and then wither away." Isa answered, slightly puzzled.

"You have heard what the older guy said...this lifeform has notable powers...fire-related powers, and appeared down in the laboratory. If it's really a conscient being it can take in the secrets down there. Not to mention the Restoration Committee will most likely try to get it out at all costs."

"If sealing the place isn't enough we'll just blow it to pieces, so what's the deal?" Isa raised a brow.

"That would cause too much of a ruckus. No, while I go to fetch the data-blackbox you will have to go down there and eliminate that lifeform. I will unlock the way down to the laboratory one last time then. Get in there, eradicate that lifeform and get back asap. After that, I'll erase all seven passwords and disrupt the whole Hollow Bastion OS, causing them enough trouble so we can get off here without trouble." Braig retorted, his usual cocky behaviour now toned down a bit.

Isa crossed his arms, smirking. "Hey...so you can be serious if you want!?"
Braig ignored this, fuming a little. "These are unexpected interferences...we must...ghh, oh shit."

As Leon, Yuffie and Cid were contemplating and discussing over the whole up to now unknown floor below the castle, both Merlin and the invisible Braig had noticed another person entering the room.
Braig started to lose a bit of sweat. "Oh noes...not her..."

"A secret floor below the castle dungeons and that horrid machine? That can only be the secret laboratory for the heart-research originally built by Master Ansem after the suggestions by his Apprentices." A soft spoken, but firm voice cut through the discussion between the Restoration Committee members.

"Hah? Who's that?" Yuffie swirled around, obviously surprised.

The woman ignored her question, looking around a bit. "So this is the place where he had hid the main terminal of the computer..." She mumbled.
Leon turned and approached the newcomer, a small ounce of suspicion in his expression.

"May I inquire who you are, ma'am?"

She turned to him, her chestnut brown hair waving around, emanating an amazing air of confidence and pride.
"You could say I am a returner; after more than 9 years of wandering I found my way back here. I heard from several citizens that someone called "Leon" took charge in restoring our paradise. I suppose you are the one then?"

Her auburn left eye pierced him with an estimating stare, while the right was covered by a broad silver metal eye patch.
Returning the stare head-on, Leon realized she was seemingly once part of the "higher" court around Ansem the Wise.

Yuffie fidgeted uneasily at their "standoff" while Merlin stroked his beard in deep thought, apparently trying to remember something.
Cid, chewing on his toothpick as usual, made a very weird expression, frowning yet also interested.

"I am indeed Leon, head of the Restoration Committee. So, may we now be introduced to you as well?"

#####

Another new character enters, I wonder if someone already knows who she is...;P

Last edited by a moderator:

Key Wielder

Awards

...I've no clue who that is. I ruled out Larxene's somebody for obvious reasons, but hmmm...

Great chapter! Although now you've got me wondering what Aeleus is up to in the Land of Dragons. ;D Lea seems to be in an interesting predicament that I didn't see coming; I thought he'd figure everything out after the initial confusion of being thrown back into the RoL with a heart. It will be interesting to see where he goes, if he remembers Roxas, and how he's going to be important. (You said you had everything set up to connect somewhere, so I'm assuming he'll be pretty important. ;) )

And I'm liking the sarcastic interactions between Isa and Braig, and Merlin and Cid. Although the fact that Braig has a serious side is also news to me as well! D: Great job again, Sephiroth! :)

Last edited:

Stars

&#12522;&#12463;

Ah, Lea didn't remember his life being a nobody but i'm sure you will give him an interesting and surprising development :D
I'm liking the interaction between Braig and Isa lol.. Braig is always acting weird and funny...and Ienzo's illusion effect is just brilliant :D
Great chapter,Seph :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back