• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

X-Men: Retribution of The Mutants (Sign Ups and OOC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
You could be a spectator at Arthur's execution? Maybe things go awry for it and stuff happens? Pepper is a cyborg, so I don't really know~
That seems like a good idea, although her helping him is not really gonna happen for no good reason.
So... is it just me... or do the spoiler boxes in the bestiary not work?

I can't see them either...

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
Honip Vale said:
Lord of Chaos...please post. I don't want to have to not do anything.

I'll post when I feel like it. In fact, by you saying that, it may just take me another 3 days.

Not really, I'll post soon, but understand that there was a holiday, and well, I have a life. =D It's rude to try and rush someone.

You young whipper-snappers... -grabs his cane and walks off-

Honip Vale

Heh, sorry. Some of us have no life though, beyond their many many internet websites(and school of course), and unreasonably xpect others to be the same. :p

Sorry, hehe.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
I can't see them either...

I'll see what I can do. And I'll post the creatures outside of spoilers in this post for now.

Ashroach
Type: Animal (Insect)
Description: About 3' long and 1' tall, ashroaches are ferocious omnivores. They eat anything and everything, even themselves sometimes. They look like today's cockroaches, but with the bark of an Ash tree for their epidermis.
Notes:
  • Come in large numbers and swarm their prey, occasionally eating their own in the frenzy.
  • Flightless.
  • Low intelligence, defense and strength.
Vulnerabilities:
  • Fire. Plant hybridization has made them readily combustible.

Dragonfleer
Type: Animal (Insect)
Description: Dragonflies that have evolved using Nanobot technology to lengths of up to 5 feet, and have wingspans averaging at 10 feet. These insects are neither vicious nor dangerous: they act only on instinct and have a strong penchant for anything shiny, with which they use to construct their homes.
Notes:
  • Have stingers on their tails that secrete sedatives that render victims unconscious.
  • Lithe but virtually no strength or defense mechanisms whatsoever.
  • Always on the hunt for shiny things to add to their homes so that they may attract potential mates.
Vulnerabilities
  • Electricity. Their exoskeleton is composed of an organic metal alloy, making them very conductive to electricity, and damage from it easily.
  • Magnetic fields induce uncontrolled nervous impulses, disorienting them and causing them to lose control of their limbs.

Felisimian
Type: Animal (Mammal)
Description: Weighing approximately 550 pounds, these carnivorous lion-baboon hybrids live solely in the canopies above, and only ever come down for the hunt. They are covered with grey-brown fur, have the head and torso of a primate, and possess feline limbs. The males of the species are highly competitive amongst themselves, but are notorious for intricate coordinated attacks on unsuspecting prey.
Notes:
  • They attack in small groups of three to four and attempt to outsmart quarry with their highly skilled teamwork.
  • Highly agile and intelligent.
  • Moderate strength.
  • Low vitality.
Vulnerabilities:
  • Easily distracted by lights and sounds.
  • Severe hydrophobia.

H-Elite
Type: Animal (Human)
Description: They are set apart from the standard H-Troopers with their yellow uniforms lined with embossed black metal. They carry an arsenal of anti-gravity generators, shockwave detonators and various firearm-blades; their uniforms are imbued with cybernetics which enhance their strength and speed. These are soldiers of the highest calibre and are only found guarding areas of importance.
Notes:
  • Deliver devastating physical attacks.
  • Next to impossible to hit physically.
Vulnerabilities
  • Their own arsenal of technological weaponry can be their folly.

H-Gunner
Description: These are similar to the H-Troopers, with the exception that their primary weapon is a long range assault rifle, rather than a blade. They are often found high above, safely nested in watch towers. These gunmen are higher ranked than the H-Troopers, but still relatively low rank over all.
Notes:
  • High accuracy and power.
  • Deliver powerful long range attacks.
Vulnerabilities
  • Lack training in melee combat, and are easily defeated by short range, hand-to-hand blows.

H-Trooper
Description: These are your basic infantry: they function as guards to the entrances of the Hubs, less for preventing intruders from entering, but rather, preventing those inside from leaving. Uniforms are a dull spectacle: yellow markings on a dark gray one-piece and a matching carbon helmet. Though not the brightest bulbs in the bunch, one might say, these guys are the meat and potatoes of Hub defenses.
Notes:
  • Armed with a baton that has a retractable blade, allowing damage to those in their way by both blunt force trauma and laceration.
  • Average stats all around.
Vulnerabilities
  • Not particularly intelligent.

Adamaconda
Type: Animal (Reptile)
Description: A cross between a turtle and a snake, these gargantuan serpents troll damp, sludgy areas, and prefer to remain in the darkness. Their 200 yard length is ornamented with hardened keratin, forming individual shells every 20 or so yards. Variants occur depending on the habitat, but their shells often take on the color of their surroundings, making them expert hiders.
Notes:
  • Weigh approximately 1 metric tone when fully grown.
  • Impenetrable armor running it's length.
  • Highly intelligent and patient.
  • Slow movement, but unstoppable when momentum is gained.
Vulnerabilities
  • Inter-shell linkages are extremely weak and fracture easily, if you can get close enough, that is.
  • Highly temperature sensitive.

Iguanakeet
Type: Animal (Reptile)
Description: Red-brown, scaly reptiles that are no longer than a human forearm from head to tail. They have the basic body plan of an iguana, but with feathered forearms and yellow beaked mouths. You should never approach these carnivorous birds, unless you have a death wish.
Notes:
  • Solitary animals.
  • Fast, fierce and ferocious, these creatures use metallic dagger-like talon-nails to repetitively stab foes of up to ten times their size, causing even the largest of animals to bleed to death.
  • Perpetually hungry.
Vulnerabilities
  • Their mall size makes them relatively easily to subdue, if they don't cause you to bleed out of your femoral artery first, that is.

Devil's Horn
Type: Plant (Flower)
Description: Five-petal flowers that earned their name from the sharp point at the end of each petal, their blood red color is a visual warning for all to keep away. They continuously emanate a poisonous fog to their surroundings. The origins of this gas is thought to be from the receptacle, but no one who has gotten close enough has survived to tell the tale.
Notes:
  • Olive-green fog hangs permanently in the areas surrounding them, a tell tale sign of the poison they exude.
  • Grow in clusters of a hundred flowers: any more densely populated, and the poison gets concentrated enough to kill them too.
Vulnerabilities
  • Unknown.

Electrivy
Type: Plant (Other)
Description: Creeper plants that form intricate meshes on the floors of their chosen home. They prefer damp and moist environments and can often be found growing abundant in shallow puddles. Each individual rope of ivy has a circumference of about 4 inches, lined with an even finer mesh of metal, and each is connected to a central convergence point.
Notes:
  • You have to be careful when walking through electrivy covered areas; these plants are highly pressure sensitive and discharge 200 volts of electricity when stepped on.
Vulnerabilities
  • Flimsy and, therefore, easily cut.

π-Bomb
Location: Exclusively found as part of the defenses of InterHub travel.
Type: Machinery (Hostile Bot)
Description: The first of a two part controlled detonation system, these kevlar-lined, carbonated steel droids are perfectly smooth spheres, roughly the size of a soccer ball, and carry highly compressed natural gas. They are programmed to work synergistically with ϕ-Bombs.
Notes:
  • Release natural gas when in enemy proximity via a pulsed jet. ϕ-Bombs then generate an electric spark to initiate the rapid combustion of natural gas, in effect, creating an explosion.
  • Not particularly fast.
  • Spherical shape minimizes damage by explosions generated.
Vulnerabilities
  • Prone to malfunction.
  • Useless without its other half.

ϕ-Bomb
Location: Exclusively found as part of the defenses of InterHub travel.
Type: Machinery (Hostile Bot)
Description: The second of a two part controlled detonation system, these golfball-size droids are made of anodized aluminum and are coated with a shock-absorbing organic polymer. They are armed with three spark plugs (to ensure backups in case one should fail) and are programmed to work synergistically with π-Bomb.
Notes:
  • Detectors line the surface of the ϕ-Bomb that continuously monitor atmospheric composition. When the concentration of natural gas rises beyond a critical level, the ϕ-Bombs set off a series of electrical discharges from their spark plugs to ignite the gaseous fuel.
  • High speed.
Vulnerabilities
  • Useless without its other half.
  • Easily short-circuited by electromagnetic fluctuations and weak against electrical attacks.

There's another one that I haven't gotten to adding yet. I'll get on that too. But first, the spoiler boxes.

Last edited:

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I'll post when I feel like it. In fact, by you saying that, it may just take me another 3 days.

Not really, I'll post soon, but understand that there was a holiday, and well, I have a life. =D It's rude to try and rush someone.

You young whipper-snappers... -grabs his cane and walks off-

Sorry about this. I understand your frustration completely.

I feel it now to make a new rule for this roleplay such that future conflict be avoided: leave it to the co-managers -- Oe98 and myself -- to ask other roleplayers to post more often.

This will only be done should we feel the pace of the roleplay is too slow, or if few posts are made a week. We only do this to remind the roleplayer, and we will understand if the roleplayer is unable to post for an extended period of time. We know how irksome being hassled to write can be, especially when real life demands priorities to be centered on other tasks.

Thank you all for your understanding.

In other news: Lord of Chaos, I will need a brief rundown on the mechanics of your powers. It seems like your powers are radial, affecting all within reach, and thus, making you untouchable. I trust this is not the case as you have stated limitations in your character temp; I just need clarification on what they are.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
Julian's powers are radial. That is, his mental afflicting state is. You'd have to take him out from a distance or use psychic/psionic abilities. However, his powers can short out, and if he tries to specifically focus onto a task, he wouldn't be able to do it for long. Think of it in terms of a video game: you have people who can take out single targets and people who can AoE... and Julian is primarily bound to AoE. Now, he can choose what to affect -- that is, mutants, humans, technology, etc. If he tried to say, effect EVERYTHING at once, he'd probably die from a stroke or something. That's his flaw -- his power is limited by his mental state. As long as he's just like "la la la skip down the street and let my power vent" then he's essentially similar to some force like the Juggernaut, but he can tire, and he can be distracted/sniped/etc.

There are plenty of ways around his abilities, you just have to think.

Also, to anyone who steps into Julian's field who's a human (until otherwise is said) consider yourself stepping into the same effect unless you can come up with a good excuse (like, I assume a character like Piercing Light's cyborg probably operates on a more machine based principle and thus wouldn't be outright touched unless Julian honed his ability to cyborgs, specifically).

Note: This all applies to his general ability of disruption. If he causes an explosion on your head/torso/whatever, then there's no "get out of jail free" card. Either dodge it (because I don't power play and won't assume said attack to hit you) or do something good.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Julian's powers are radial. That is, his mental afflicting state is. You'd have to take him out from a distance or use psychic/psionic abilities. However, his powers can short out, and if he tries to specifically focus onto a task, he wouldn't be able to do it for long. Think of it in terms of a video game: you have people who can take out single targets and people who can AoE... and Julian is primarily bound to AoE. Now, he can choose what to affect -- that is, mutants, humans, technology, etc. If he tried to say, effect EVERYTHING at once, he'd probably die from a stroke or something. That's his flaw -- his power is limited by his mental state. As long as he's just like "la la la skip down the street and let my power vent" then he's essentially similar to some force like the Juggernaut, but he can tire, and he can be distracted/sniped/etc.

There are plenty of ways around his abilities, you just have to think.

Also, to anyone who steps into Julian's field who's a human (until otherwise is said) consider yourself stepping into the same effect unless you can come up with a good excuse (like, I assume a character like Piercing Light's cyborg probably operates on a more machine based principle and thus wouldn't be outright touched unless Julian honed his ability to cyborgs, specifically).

Note: This all applies to his general ability of disruption. If he causes an explosion on your head/torso/whatever, then there's no "get out of jail free" card. Either dodge it (because I don't power play and won't assume said attack to hit you) or do something good.

Thank you very much, Lord of Chaos, for that detailed explanation of Julian's abilities. I ask mainly for the benefit of other roleplayers, rather than myself. I noticed that Kazuma had stepped into your field of chaos unharmed, and wondered if you were alright with it.

Last edited:

icmasticc

I thought I had put in my post "Stopping a safe distance away..." or something to that effect. If I didn't though, I'll go edit, it's fine with me. I also interpreted his powers wrong based on LOC just put up so it's clarification to me too lol.

Honip Vale

Hmmm...how much surveillance does Hub 0 have? Could a Technopath be reasonably considered to have access to them? I'm curious now if I should be able to see what's going on here. I'm gonna stay in that warehouse for the majority of the RP. I was thinking calling out to ya'll, warning of the Snipers. I don't want my new lead to die on me, do I?

Honip Vale

Hehe, yeah, really. Snipers? Help me Crypto! You're our only hope!" -Shot for impersonating a princess-

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
As it stands now, Crypto may hack into any technological network outside of Caput Mundi. I only made the issue with your previous post because I made explicit in my previous post that: 1) Caput Mundi is the most secure building in the world; 2) no one outside of AMMO even knows about the prison's existence.

So long as your post does not directly contradict what has been made canon in the roleplay, you are good to go.

Honip Vale

Oops...I play too many RPs...I'm Egide in here, right? Sorry. I get my names mixed up every once in a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back