• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

X-Men: Retribution of The Mutants (Sign Ups and OOC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Well, we decided to try to make a bestiary, but it's really long, so we decided not to stretch the first page. I'll be editing it as we go along the RP :).

The Bestiary
This is the bestiary for this RP. We encourage you to post ideas for creatures in this world, since there's obviously a lot. We also thank you ahead of time.

Animals:
Though there are animals mixed with plants in this RP, this section is for the more animate and animal-like creatures, as well as humans.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Plants:
Though there are plants mixed with animals in this RP, this section is for the less animate and animal-like creatures.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Machinery:
There are not only plants and animals in this RP, but also machines, and machines that have been incorporated into animals and/or plants. This is where those ones go.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Announcement: Everyone, I would greatly appreciate it if you could have your finished character templates submitted by Friday. This is so Oe98 and I can look through them and have this roleplay up by Sunday latest. Sign ups will remain open after, but this is so that those who signed up early may start roleplaying, rather than continue waiting.

Thank you all for your cooperation.

------------​

GENERAL PROFILE
Name: Christian Pelletier
Alias: Aether
Species/Ethnicity: Mutant/Caucasian
Alignment: Good

PHYSICAL PROFILE AND BACKGROUND
Physical Appearance:
At a respectable height of 6 feet and weighing in at 180 pounds, Christian is endowed with a slim, muscular build that he earned from years of labor in the farms of Hub I. He wears a form fitting black hooded sweater with nothing underneath, hood up always, and zipped mid-chest to reveal the sinews of his bare torso. Dark denim wraps powerfully built legs, leading the eye down to frayed fabric sneakers of a faded black.

Beneath the shadow of his hood are two grey-blue orbs, reminiscent of an overcast sky, which are framed by a confident brow and a masculine nose. A crown of blond hair, cropped short and always in a windswept mess, sits atop his head, trails of gold visible to the world in neat-looking sideburns. Tanned skin conforms to the contours of broad cheekbones, narrow lips and the rugged jaw of his chiseled face.

Hub: Hub I

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE
Personality:
Christian needs to have goals for everything. He is motivated to organize his world to meet some logically derived objective and tends to take charge of himself and others. He is not content to just be a member of a group, and, often, conflicts occur when others compete for authority and deprive him of his need to be in control of himself; he challenges and attempts to change situations that he does not accept.

He is energized, stimulated by and thoroughly enjoys lively conversations, but he lives not in the world of emotion and empathy never was his strongest suit: more often than not, the words he speaks were not tailored in consideration of others’ feelings. That said, Christian is not entirely unfriendly; diplomacy and finesse in verbal communication explain his charismatic temperament, and why others naturally are drawn to him.

Like the explosive winds he is able to control, Christian makes forceful decisions hastily, and is quick to verbalize his opinions. It is this inherent drive for leadership that is well-served by his quickness to grasp complexities and absorb vast amounts of impersonal information. There is not much room for error in Christian’s eyes; he dislikes to see mistakes repeated, and has no patience with inefficiency.

COMBAT/ABILITIES (For Mutant Characters)
Powers:
Atmokinesis, the ability to control the weather.

Fighting Style:
Christian has grown to rely on his meteorological powers, preferring the swift immobilization a quick gust delivers, rather than the prolonged hostilities melee combat inevitably brings. This is most likely due to his religious upbringing, inculcating in him a distaste for violence.

That said, when push comes to shove, Christian is not unable to put up a good fist fight; years of grueling physical labor in the farms made him naturally more agile and stronger than most in his generation who had grown to be oh so technology reliant. In melee, Christian adopts a defensive approach, ducking and weaving through enemy attacks, turning their inertia against them.

More often, Christian is the general to his army, commanding the primal forces of nature to fight for him. His most useful skill in combat is his versatility; like air, Christian remains in constant motion, observing the terrain and rapidly adapting his technique to use present conditions to his advantage.

Skills/Talents:
His years plowing farms has made him quite the expert on botany, and he can easily tell apart poisonous shrubs from their edible lookalikes. He is also quite the proficient gardener and has a marked interest for all things Nature.

Strengths/Abilities:
Christian’s mutant mastery over weather allows him to manipulate weather patterns on a multitude of scales, ranging from all manners of precipitation and wind, to powerful lightning discharges and concussive waves from the following thunder. When using his powers, Christian and the atmosphere become one; he infuses a part of his consciousness in the weather he creates. This meteorological bond affords him secondary gifts such as the ability to project weather effects through his body: he is able to generate lightning from his hands, rather than the atmosphere itself.

Even after countless efforts and exercises to hone his special gifts over the past four years, he still had trouble describing what it felt like to use his birthright. It was like breathing; you didn’t think about it, you just did it. Christian visualized the desired effect, then let the power flow from inside him to sculpt the very air itself to his will, limited only by what weather that can be naturally supported on Earth.

When exerting all his meteorological powers, Christian can theoretically affect the climate on global proportions, but this would require tremendous focus and has not yet been tested; he is most comfortable when operating within a two kilometer radius and can only manipulate the environment he is in direct contact with. Christian is also able to manipulate smaller weather effects as well and often toys with miniature twisters in the palm of his hand.

He has, by no means, completely mastered the myriad facets of his ability and can only be regarded as a practiced beginner. He has yet to learn how to influence the atmosphere at a molecular level, preventing him from altering aspects such as the temperature and pressure of air.

Some derivatives of atmokinesis:
  • Limited Elemental Resistance. Christian is immune to any and all effects of the weather he creates.
  • Enhanced Spatial Awareness. Because he fuses a part of his psyche with the atmosphere, Christian has a perpetual ‘touch’ on his surroundings, imparting to him knowledge about the structures, textures and people present.

Weaknesses/Limitations:
  • Inherently occurring limitations of the Earth prevent him from altering the weather beyond the upper limits of what can be supported, therefore he would be unable to raise temperatures to that of the sun’s surface, or reduce them to absolute zero.
  • Though he is immune to the weather effects he creates, he is not immune to elemental energies not generated by him and would be harmed twice as much by electric attacks or cold temperatures he did not forge himself.
  • Dispersing rampant storms always requires more focus than creating them, hence Christian must always keep a conscious rein on the weather he creates to ensure it does not progress uncontrollably.
  • The need for his consciousness to be imbued into the atmosphere he manipulates, in order for his powers to function, makes him extremely vulnerable to telepathic detection and attack.
MISCELLANEOUS
Best Traits: Friendly and approachable, fearless loyalty to people he cares about, and innate leader qualities
Quirks/Mannerisms: Christian speaks with a light British accent; he is also deeply religious and can often be seen in prayer when alone.
Darkest Secret: He does not know what is expected from him.
Dislikes: The dark, guns and violence.

Last edited:

Honip Vale

For the record guys, he's not planned as a frontlines character. He's more of a behind the scenes, voice in the earpiece kind of guy.

GENERAL PROFILE
Name: Egide Broussard, nickname Eg
Alias: Crypto (Known almost exclusively by this)
Species/Ethnicity: Mutant, Caucasian(what would have been called French in the old days)
Alignment: The Underground

PHYSICAL PROFILE AND BACKGROUND
Physical Appearance: See subsections below. (Generally leaves the mask on)
3531484329_d50212d7fd.jpg

Normal Form
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 119 Lbs.
Voice: Lilting and light, but deepens to a low and quiet tone when angered.
Skin: Pale
Holdfast Form
Height: 47' 3"
Weight: 2319 Lbs.
Wingspan: 30'

Hub: Originally XXV, now XXI
History: CLASSIFIED

PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE
Personality: :Likes: Moving around, doing things, tinkering..
Dislikes: Stupid people, doing nothing, being ignored.
Attitude: Honorable, and follows his own personal code. He believes females deserve the highest respect possible, and would do much for his friends. When in combat, he operates on the fragile speedster archetype, unless in holdfast form. He uses the philosophy of instead of being able to take a hit, just don't get hit. Thus, he is pretty fast, but not too tough. (unless of course in Holdfast Form, meant specifically for durability)
Habit/Twitch: Tends to be a bit too logical, always stopping to think before acting.
Quote: "Error 404. Person not found." -Uttered after a kill.

COMBAT/ABILITIES (For Mutant Characters)
Powers: Technological control, third level mutant.
Weapon: See subsections
Basic Weapons: Several throwing knives of varying sizes and weights for different distances and speeds concealed within his clothing.
Negris His boots(standard combat boots), which, through the redistribution of air, allow him to run more quickly, jump higher, skate along the ground at high speeds, and even (very)limited flight when used correctly. Contain one pocket along each side of both for the Negrons.
Negrons: Four 5" daggers concealed within his boots. Appear to be normal, lackluster daggers. However, within the rubber grips, a deadly secret is held. A constant stream of electricity runs through the blades, instantly sending a full hundred Amps of energy through anything they touch, more than enough to easily kill a human being(it would likely fry them like bacon), and probably be quite uncomfortable for most other beings. The sheaths in the Negris are lined with a localized EMW(electromagnetic wave) transmitter, neutralizing the power.
Kines: Specialized forearm gauntlets, with ten inch blades sticking out in front(in the direction of his hand), and six inch blades on the sides(pointing out). The blades have the Negrons inserted within them, allowing power to pass through them as well. However, it takes him about a full minute to assemble them off of the holsters on his back.
Holdfast Form: A steam driven machine he constructed himself. The body is similar to that of a standard European Dragon. Able to emit high pressure steam from it's mouth orifice. Incapable of flight, though he's working on that part. Frontal edge of wings lined with sharpened metal, capable of inflicting cuts. Fully functional claws and teeth. Chris himself is housed within the center of mass, still very much the squishy techie he is, if you can get to him.

Fighting Style: Fragile Speedster. When in holdfast form, Mighty Glacier.
Skills/Talents: Skilled with computers. Obviously.
Strengths/Abilities: Fast, damned fast. Due mostly to his Negris, but his reflexes aren't too shabby either.
Weaknesses/Limitations: Obviously, if there isn't any technology around, or at least things that he can't build into some sort of technology. The lower limit seems to be steam driven technology. So anything merely man-powered, or, like, fire? No dice. Also, he can be rendered effectively useless through what he calls bandwidth overload. Let's say he's jacked into a computer, reading files, and the computer is suddenly flooded with information. If he doesn't back out quickly enough, he collapses, into what he calls his own personal blue screen of death. He claims that while he's unconscious that is literally what he sees, and that it is quite boring.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Just as a courtesy to all roleplayers, I would like to inform you all that the bestiary has been updated with 12 entries to date. Please do take a look through, as even if you do not wish to add an entry, you can still familiarize yourself with the opposition we may face.

Thanks!

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'll join this.

I'm just saddened that people are unoriginal, and so far I seen somebody rip Gambit AND Storm. Didn't look at the thread too closely, but it seems interesting and as a side note; Omega Level Mutants don't have limitless power. The actuality of what they should be able to do with their power is limitless. Stem the difference. This template is a work in progress apparently.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I'll join this.

I'm just saddened that people are unoriginal, and so far I seen somebody rip Gambit AND Storm. Didn't look at the thread too closely, but it seems interesting and as a side note; Omega Level Mutants don't have limitless power. The actuality of what they should be able to do with their power is limitless. Stem the difference.

First, thank you for your interest and your joining this roleplay! Also, thank you for your clarification of what Omega-levels are.

I just want to clarify: sharing the same power does not necessarily mean that you have 'ripped' it, per se; there are only so many abilities to choose from, and odds are most of them have already been done before by one character or another.

Honip Vale

Honestly, have you guys SEEN the size of the Marvel universe? You're likely to rip off SOMEBODY. I, without meaning to at all, kind of ripped off forge. His mutation made him a briliant inventor, and I took the logical next step. Oh, and speaking of Forge, Oe, you mentioned magic and X-men not mixing? Forge was originally a sorceror, much like Doctor Strange. A spell backfired, killing somebody he was close to. He then renounced his sorcery, and focused on the tinkering and stuff. Not telling you to change anything, or how to run your RP, just felt like pointing out. There IS a precedent. And yeah, it's not ripping off Gambit unless they're also a Chaotic Nuetral person who primarily fights with playing cards, dice, and a staff. Bonus points if they'e Cajun.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
The Marvel universe has magic in it, yes. Still though, that doesn't mean Forge's mutant abilities were the use of magic...

Also, every power you will find has been found by another. There's even a wikipedia list... I think there's two, actually. And then there are forums specifically for superhero RPs. There are no more "original" superpowers. There are only original characters. As long as the history, and everything else that makes the character him- or herself is different, it can't possibly be ripping or whathaveyou.

Also, my character will be an anthropomorphic creature... a werewolf. That doesn't mean he's a rip of Beast... I'll post the temp soon.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Hostilities aside, I would like to make an announcement regarding the status of this roleplay: the opening post has been written; however, Oe98 has convinced me not to post the roleplay thread itself up yet, so as to give people time to work on their character submissions.

I plan on having this roleplay start on Monday, providing you all are for this proposal.

Honip Vale

I'm in communication with Oe and Triple L, I'll post as soon as they get back to me.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
So, are we all being chased by the "Man" currently or is that just something we can choose to do?

I should probably let you all know about the major story arc Oe98 and myself have planned.

The "man" is actually known as 'The Owner' (few in the roleplay universe know his true name), and he basically 'owns' all the Hubs. He, along with his secretary and a small section of the Hub military known as the H-Elite, remain the only few who are truly aware of mutant existence. He basically wants to hunt down the mutants because he believes they will pose a threat to Hub life, but wants to do it in secret, lest panic should spread in the Hubs.

I don't want to give away too much of the storyline, but that is the basic principle. Please do, of course, add in your own story twists and turns, and don't feel like you have to strictly follow invisible rules: we want your ideas too!

But to answer your question: no, it is not necessary. I was thinking of using the capture routine to get us all in the same spot at once, but if you can think of an equally logical means to get your character to that building (Caput Mundi) at Hub 0, then by all means go ahead and use it. This is my request so that the RP feels like one coherent story, rather than a collective of mini-stories.

Sorry for not having made this clearer earlier, and thank you very much for asking, Lord of Chaos!

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I just want to clarify: sharing the same power does not necessarily mean that you have 'ripped' it, per se; there are only so many abilities to choose from, and odds are most of them have already been done before by one character or another.

You think so?? I could post any number of characters and not have then use abilities that other mutants have used. its about the imagination and the flow you use to create and form a said character. I 'll have to disagree that there are only SO many powers to choose from, but either way its all good.

I'll add more to my template and try to get in a post later on.

Honip Vale

Heh, prove it. I'm a comic buff, and I can almost certainly find someone with the powers you claim are not rip offs. If not mutants, others from the marvel universe. Every power has been done before. Even a super chin, and literal buns of steel(although the former was a parody).

Epif

The Delicious
Website
You think so?? I could post any number of characters and not have then use abilities that other mutants have used. its about the imagination and the flow you use to create and form a said character. I 'll have to disagree that there are only SO many powers to choose from, but either way its all good.

I'll add more to my template and try to get in a post later on.

I don't think he necessarily meant that there are a set number of possible powers to choose from.

Yay! *needs to post his temp soon*

Heh, prove it. I'm a comic buff, and I can almost certainly find someone with the powers you claim are not rip offs. If not mutants, others from the marvel universe. Every power has been done before. Even a super chin, and literal buns of steel(although the former was a parody).

I feel like this is pointless conversation or somewhat... not... neutral. Can we just agree to disagree and move on?

Awards
Name: Sarah Bell A. Pepper
Alias: Pepper
Species/Ethnicity: Human, 50% African, 25% Caucasian, 25% Asian
Alignment: Neutral
Physical Appearance: Pepper stands at a height of five feet nine inches. Her hair is a dark emerald green, and is styled as such that it swoops around her face down to her shoulders, making her head resemble a ... green bell pepper. he has an attractive face, that can be called cute. However her left canine (tooth) is overly long and sharp which slightly sticks out of her lip, making her look a bit mischievous or threatening. Her body is sleek and curvy, although she has a rather small chest size. As for her clothing she really doesn't wear much, just a red strap outfit along with power armor that covers her arms and legs.
Hub: Hub 0

History: Pepper was born in Hub 0, Her father was a renown scientist in the hub, whose intellect provided many breakthroughs in the way of everyday life, making life in the hub much easier. His genius was soon noticed by the hub's leader, who approached him with a plan. He wanted him to make a 'self defense system' for the hub. At first Pepper's father agreed, however half way through development he was pressured to make even more weapons, outside of just defense. He rejected this plan, but was forced into it later by The Owner kidnapping Pepper. Her father finished the weapon, which was basically a new type of bomb called the 'eco nova' that was capable of nuclear levels of destruction, just without the 'nuclear' side effects. He also created a machine that was able to take normal humans and turn them into living weapons. In a secluded area outside of the hub The Owner set up a test for the new weapon.

Pepper was brought as well to make her father to proceed with the test. Before the bomb could be set off Pepper got away and tried to disrupt the test. Because of this the bomb went off prematurely, causing the area to be struck with rubble. Pepper was hit by the debris and fatally wounded. Her father escaped with her mangled body and put her into one of the machines he created to enhance humans. The machine could heal her, however it was not able to reconstruct or create a heart for her. Her father ended up sacrificing his own life for her's, giving her his heart instead. (There's a bit more to this, however this is pretty much all the key things that have happened)

Personality: Surprisingly upbeat considering all that's happened to her, Pepper is very charismatic and likes to live by her own rules. She's is typically passive and almost rude to people she doesn't know very well, otherwise she is carefree and full of energy.

Weapon: Well, being a cyborg her whole body can be considered a weapon almost. She posses superhuman strength, reflexes, and speed. Inside her body is an array of hidden weapons, such as a laser cannon, force field projector, and more. Her right arm contains offensive weapons, while her left arm has defensive capability's. In her torso is a device that is able to create optic illusions.
Fighting Style: She really doesn't like to fight, however when she must it all comes down to her opponent. If the person is weaker or on par with her then she will most likely just try to over power them. If not then she will rely on her defensive ability's to give her the upper hand.
Skills/Talents: Like her father she is a genius when it comes to technology, able to take a pile of scrap and make something outstanding.
Strengths/Abilities: Pretty much outlined above...
Weaknesses/Limitations: She gets her energy from solar powered cells, so fighting during the night can result in her overusing her power and becoming defenseless.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Name: Sarah Bell A. Pepper

Thank you for joining.

I like your character very much; it is the first female, and also the first human, character we have! I like the History like crazy. However, you may wish to speak to Honip Vale about the technology bit -- his character is a mutant who can control technology -- but I see no problems so far apart from that.

Welcome aboard!

Awards
Thank you for joining.

I like your character very much; it is the first female, and also the first human, character we have! I like the History like crazy. However, you may wish to speak to Honip Vale about the technology bit -- his character is a mutant who can control technology -- but I see no problems so far apart from that.

Welcome aboard!

Sounds more like his character has a potential advantage against Pepper, not really a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back