• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would anybody be interested in a DBZ roleplay?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Endless Strategy

I honestly don't think it will work. The world of DBZ is totally controlled by power levels, so the higher level wins every fight without question. As far writing the actual battles, there would be almost nothing besides "Beam Spam" and "Punch" available to a person.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
I honestly don't think it will work. The world of DBZ is totally controlled by power levels, so the higher level wins every fight without question. As far writing the actual battles, there would be almost nothing besides "Beam Spam" and "Punch" available to a person.

If the proper restrictions are applied then it can work. DB(Z) RPs have been presented in the past without much worry given to power levels. For the most part, in the RPing world, that aspect of the DB world tends to be left out of the picture. It's just a matter of outlining where the general window of power is to start, and moderating progression.

EDIT: Personally, I think doing something more along the lines of the original Dragon Ball would be better suited towards this goal. Make it more of an action-adventure RP, rather than focusing everything on the combat.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace

Then you obviously have not been part of my dbz or the dbz rps that were created in the past two to three years. Power level weren't thrown out there and abused. As far as writing the actual battle, you really have never seen the last few dbz rps because there wasn't beam spam and punch only being used.

Also there wasn't a real restriction for the msot part and things ran swell despite the LSSJ and SSJ3 that was running around though they got beat up.

I'm down for a dbz rp.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
yeah... surprisingly... I would be in the mood for one too, there's alot to think about though... The kind of abilities that are involved, The powerful attacks like Special Beam Cannon, Final flash etc... But there have to be very strict rules about Growth... if you need any help I'm willing to contribute on anything...

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I had a rather semi-successful DBZ rp. It had a bit of a rough start, but it was fun while it lasted. You just gotta keep the participants interested. So, yes it could work, but it'll take some hard work to make it last. :)

Chromatic

Become
Awards
I think doing things from a Dragonball sort of storyline would be better (as opposed to what happens in Z). Make it more of an adventure than a long string of battles. Diminish the necessity of combat to the plot development, and the whole power level issue will be non-present.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
How about a story loosely based off of the DBMMO? The premise would be:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

YESYESYES! I love that idea. It's doable and provides with a variety of opportunities.

KNightof5orrow

Where is the Muffin Button?
Website
www.myspace.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

This sounds really interesting. Interesting indeed

HyperShadic

Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That sounds really, really cool!