• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is the 3rd in the Eraqus/Xehanort party? Where/Who is Sora's dad?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
The 3rd person in the Eraqus/MX trio would probably be their master & if they want follow the two boys one girl formula then the girl in this equation would most likely be their master, which the only candidate I'd see being plausible at all would be as everyone's said is Kairi's grandmother. Otherwise, they might introduce their old master as a new character but we shall see.

Lol all Sora's Dad is good for is rowing a damn boat, the future of the KH series will deal with Sora's daddy issues, daddy wasn't there when he needed him most!!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The 3rd person in the Eraqus/MX trio would probably be their master & if they want follow the two boys one girl formula then the girl in this equation would most likely be their master, which the only candidate I'd see being plausible at all would be as everyone's said is Kairi's grandmother. Otherwise, they might introduce their old master as a new character but we shall see.

Lol all Sora's Dad is good for is rowing a damn boat, the future of the KH series will deal with Sora's daddy issues, daddy wasn't there when he needed him most!!

for kairi's grandma to be their master would mean she's hell of a lot older then them. they were knocking on death's door BbS-era and kairi's grandma was clearly alive so that obviously isn't right.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
for kairi's grandma to be their master would mean she's hell of a lot older then them. they were knocking on death's door BbS-era and kairi's grandma was clearly alive so that obviously isn't right.

Agreed. If Kairi's grandmother is the third person, I doubt she'd be the all powerful master of the universe. Then again, this series has pulled the rug under me before (God damn time travel).

As far as Sora's Dad is concerned, unless KH3 makes some kind of hint towards parents, I doubt we'll ever get into this. Maybe the next saga? That's my guess. And if they were introduced, I can't imagine Sora's mom being anything special. Sora's dad could go all Full Metal Alchemist and have this complex father figure that Sora has indifferent feeling towards. But that doesn't really seem in character with Sora to hate his own father, although it'd a surprising twist to his character having him being the only person in the world Sora doesn't like that isn't a god-like villain. Also having a lost father with a dark past is a bit of a cliche but cliches hasn't stopped Kingdom Hearts yet. But it's still stretch and also, again. I don't see the parents being important if the whole point of Sora's character is that he doesn't come from a special place or has a special destiny in mind. He's a normal kid with normal parents that happened to go on this incredible adventure.

So yeah, I'll stick to Mr. Boat-rowing guy and Mrs. dinner-calling gal until further notice.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Never has their master been portrayed as such?

I apologize, I'm mixing up Masters lol. I'm thinking of the Masters of Masters from X, who is supposedly the most powerful but that's jumping the gun a bit because we haven't seen him/her at all. That person might not be at all and it's all a dream... hehe.

Or Hell, the Master of Masters might be Xehanort the whole time... somehow. Which would make me either angry, indifferent, or both.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days

It could be a MX/Terra-Xehanort scenario or a Sora/Ven kind of situation with the hearts being a vessel & all that jazz to maintain that youthful glow (yes, yes this is a joke). But I honestly am not putting my money on Kairi's grandma being the third person nor do I think there is a 3rd person, could there be? Of course but I doubt it.

Popsydoodles

Now that they introduced Ephemera and Skuld without a known third, I'm thinking it may be the same with Eraqus and Xehanort. No third.

Sora's dad or MBRG is the post man of the main island and a no good drunk. It's mentioned in Jiminy's secret journal entry. ;]

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Sora's dad is sooooo obviously Sonic the Hedgehog, guys.

1. Similar oversized hands/feet, obviously hereditary.
2. Sonic was the Knight of the Wind in Sonic & the Black Knight, an obvious correlation to Sora's name.
3. Sonic's girlfriend is Sally Acorn, whose voiced by by Kath Soucie. who also voiced Sora's mom. Ergo, Sora's mom must be Sally & no one else obviously.
4. *REDACTED for taking a joke post too far*
5. Sonic used to live on South Island, so he obviously would fit right in on Destiny Islands.
6. Obviously explains why Sora is never freaked out by a talking duck & dog.

I mean it's so obvious I don't know why we didn't see it before.

Obviously

Muke

whatever
Awards
(to piss a certain person off, *clears throat*)

What if the Kairi from the future uses time travel and travels through space and is actually MX's wife AND IN THEIR TRIO???!!!
I know, mind = blown.

Popsydoodles

Kinda think the Player is meant to be the third
They could be but as far as having a staple face and lasting presence/relevancy depends on how X and unchained ends. Basically until Nomura convinces me the PC actually matters outside of being the way we experience the game. I know the PC goes through certain events that are important but I'm holding out on saying they are the third just in case it gets retconned in the ending or in KH3. If Nomura were ever to place all 3 characters together at once I'd be a bit more convinced.

Is this a reasonable way to look at it?

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
If there is a potential third that isn't the pc i honestly hope they add another girl.

I'm just so tired of the trios of 2 boys 1 girl.Please just 2 girls 1 boy to set them apart from all the others.

shady543

Awards
To be honest, I've actually always been bothered by the fact that Sora hardly ever mentions his parents or gets worried about them, considering the fact that they were left alone on an island inhabited by heartless. Same with Riku. Kairi at least has a relationship with her grandmother. Although I do get that the story's relationships are about friends, not family.

At the same time, I would have loved it if family relationships got brought up more because they're actually my favourite form of relationship in fiction. When it's not a cliche that is.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
To be honest, I've actually always been bothered by the fact that Sora hardly ever mentions his parents or gets worried about them, considering the fact that they were left alone on an island inhabited by heartless. Same with Riku. Kairi at least has a relationship with her grandmother. Although I do get that the story's relationships are about friends, not family.

At the same time, I would have loved it if family relationships got brought up more because they're actually my favorite form of relationship in fiction. When it's not a cliche that is.

One of my biggest but ironically the least important criticism with the first game and kind with the series as a whole. I know parents and family aren't the theme of the series (which, I don't get why friendship and family can't go hand in hand but whatever. That's what the series wanted to do), so they're left out and so far, it hasn't been a big issue.

Regardless, it's still jarring as hell that three of these teenagers are going through an incredible experience in the first game and not once are their parents mentioned. I know if I did, I'd worry about my family constantly rather then just my friends solely. Kingdom Hearts isn't suppose to be realistic in a sense but you got to have some realism to these teenagers otherwise it'll take me out of it. I eventually got over it but it still creeps up and makes me go, "And yet, you still don't care at all? I know the situation has changed as the series progressed so it's not a big deal but still.. Not even a little mention or a sentence you caring about their well being? Something? Are your parents asshats or something because I'm still bothered by this?"

If they were young adults, this would make somewhat sense but you would still care A LOT if the situation is anything like KH1. Anything after, obviously you don't care that much because you know they're safe and you have other important (finding King Mickey) and personal (finding Riku) things to do by the end of KH1. Still though... ughhh. Even in DDD, I still found it weird. They just left AGAIN with no mention of their parents being ok with it after not seeing them for months and not knowing where they are, after realizing that for over year they completely forgot about them.

Granted, they are young and they're teenagers but young teens tend to still be attached to their parents even when they rather be around their circle of friends because... yeah, friends are more fun. And I know the series is trying to establish that connections and love can come from people you form a bond with, not just family. It's one of the things I extremely appreciate about the series because rarely do series do that and make it the main theme of a fantasy series besides Lord of the Rings or Star Wars (kind of). I don't know... it's just weird. Hell, I honestly think it would have been just as powerful for Roxas to mention that he really didn't have a family either and his parents were artificially made. He is not born naturally like everyone, he's just literally a nobody with no one left to care about him. You know how powerfully tragic that would have been? I mean, granted, his story already is and these themes are already apparent anyway but that would be the nail in the coffin that could've worked and hit home for some people.

The only one to me that made sense that he didn't care or mention his family in KH1 was Riku because he already seemed to have a stick up his ass. And even after he regretted it, he mentioned them, "How am I going to face everyone?" I mean, it's vague as all hell and can apply to the whole Island of people but its SOMETHING.

I know its not important and kind of only applied to the first game because afterwards, the complaint doesn't really matter but its still really REALLY jarring, especially in the first game. Like, I get Sora and Kairi going along with the raft idea because of the exciting aspect of seeing other worlds and as a teen that's a pretty exciting thing and they plan to come back anyways, unlike Riku. So of course they could care less about their parents, they're doing what teenagers do anyway: whatever they want, even if its stupid and they haven't fully thought it through without any parental consent. Teenagers do it all the time. But even as a kid playing Kingdom Hearts, I scratched my head when Sora goes through this whole end of the world situation, he's all like, "Where are Riku and Kairi?" And my little kid mind was like, "Dude... I know you like your friends and all but... where the diddly are your Mom and Dad you diddlying weirdo? Why are you not concerned about that at all!?" *sigh*

I'm ranting but seriously, I don't care if the theme of the series is mainly friendship, not mentioning your parent's well being at the very least, especially in the first game, is just weird. I'm not even asking for them to be plot important (which I still think can work) but a small, one line mention here and there isn't enough for me. At least have a sentence or two about them. That's all I want. And yes, I know people are tired of blood relations always being the thing for Fantasy properties and that shouldn't be the crutch but you just can't totally disregard your family unless the series has an in-game, legit reason. Just a mention. Something. Anything. It's just weird. Terra flipping did it. Why the hell not you Sora, the most sentimental character of them all?

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Kinda think the Player is meant to be the third

I disagree, I have a good feeling that the Sixth Apprentice is the final person of the X trio. They were never given a Tome of Prophecy, thus, they cannot be considered as a Foreteller. Both Ephemera and Skuld are both in a separate faction that differ from the current Foretellers which could be lead by the Sixth Foreteller.

Sure, the player has been involved with the interactions between Skuld and Ephemera, but because they are an extension of the player, there's only so much relevance a customised character has in a character driven narrative like Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

shady543

Awards
One of my biggest but ironically the least important criticism with the first game and kind with the series as a whole. I know parents and family aren't the theme of the series (which, I don't get why friendship and family can't go hand in hand but whatever. That's what the series wanted to do), so they're left out and so far, it hasn't been a big issue.

Regardless, it's still jarring as hell that three of these teenagers are going through incredible experiences and not once are their parents mentioned. I know if I did, I'd worry about my family constantly rather then just my friends solely. Kingdom Hearts isn't suppose to be realistic in a sense but you got to have some realism to these teenagers otherwise it'll take me out of it. I eventually got over it but it still creeps up and makes me go, "And yet, you still don't care at all? I know the situation has changed as the series progressed so it's not a big deal but still.. Not even a little mention or a sentence you caring about their well being? Something? Are your parents asshats or something because I'm still bothered by this?"

If they were young adults, this would make somewhat sense but you would still care A LOT if the situation is anything like KH1. Anything after, obviously you don't care that much because you know they're safe and you have other important things to to by the end of KH1. Still though... ughhh.

Granted, they are young and they're teenagers but young teens tend to still be attached to their parents even when they rather be around their circle of friends because... yeah, friends are more fun. And I know the series is trying to establish that connections and love can come from people you form a bond with, not just family. It's one of the things I extremely appreciate about the series because rarely do series do that and make it the main theme of a fantasy series besides Lord of the Rings or Star Wars (kind of). I don't know... it's just weird.

The only one to me that made sense that he didn't care or mention his family in KH1 was Riku because he already seemed to have a stick up his ass. And even after he regretted it, he mentioned them, "How am I going to face everyone?" I mean, it's vague as all hell and can apply to the whole Island of people but its SOMETHING.

I know its not important and kind of only applied to the first game but its still really REALLY jarring. Like, I get Sora and Kairi going along with the raft idea because of the exciting aspect of seeing other worlds and as a teen that's a pretty exciting thing and they plan to come back anyways, unlike Riku. So of course they could care less about their parents, they're doing what teenagers do anyway: whatever they want, even if its stupid and they haven't fully thought it through without any parental consent. Teenagers do it all the time. But even as a kid playing Kingdom Hearts, I scratched my head when Sora goes trough this whole end of the world situation, he's all like, "Where are Riku and Kairi?" And my little kid mind was like, "Dude... I know you like your friends and all but... where the diddly are your Mom and Dad you diddlying weirdo? Why are you not concerned about that at all!?" *sigh*

I'm ranting a bit but seriously, I don't care if the theme of the series is mainly friendship, not mentioning your parent's well being at the very least, especially in the first game, is just weird. I'm not even asking for them to be plot important (which I still think can work) but a mention here and there isn't enough for me. At least have a sentence or two about them. That's all I want. And yes, I know people are tired of blood relations always being the thing for Fantasy properties and that shouldn't be the crutch but you just can't totally disregard your family unless you have a legit reason. Just a mention. Something. Anything. It's just weird. Terra flipping did it. Why the hell not you Sora, the most sentimental of the all?

I agree with you there. I would love it if Sora's parents become relevant after KH3 in the next arc. Probably won't happen though. I do understand that they're at the age where it's 'not cool' to like your parents and shit, and I can understand Riku not caring in KH1, but I can't see Sora being like that? I mean, he's hardly like a stereotypical teenager at all and if KH was more realistic I'm sure he would be caring a lot about his family.

And I've actually thought that friendship has always been a big part of a lot of games and Media in general (considering that villains being defeated due to not having any friends is often done in fiction to the point it's become a huge cliche), and that family love is the least form of love used?

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
And I've actually thought that friendship has always been a big part of a lot of games and Media in general (considering that villains being defeated due to not having any friends is often done in fiction to the point it's become a huge cliche), and that family love is the least form of love used?

Mainly anime and some fantasy properties, where the blood relationships are presented as the most important ones. Not to say friendship isn't either, especially in anime, but its never really the main theme besides Naruto, as far as I know. Whether that's right or not really depends on the property itself. I have no problem either way as long as a good story is presented. Which is why, despite my page long bitch rant, it really doesn't matter because I still love the story of KH anyways and them not mentioning the parents or family, while still jarring as hell, makes no sense, and more people need to make a fuss about it, it doesn't impact the story one way or the other, so its not a big deal at the end of the day. It's just the one I have nitpick that irks me to no end.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I disagree, I have a good feeling that the Sixth Apprentice is the final person of the X trio. They were never given a Tome of Prophecy, thus, they cannot be considered as a Foreteller. Both Ephemera and Skuld are both in a separate faction that differ from the current Foretellers which could be lead by the Sixth Foreteller.
Though if we're to take Nomura's comments at face value, we don't see the Sixth Apprentice until BC, which would make him a pretty bad choice for the X/Ux trio if true?

Sure, the player has been involved with the interactions between Skuld and Ephemera, but because they are an extension of the player, there's only so much relevance a customised character has in a character driven narrative like Kingdom Hearts.
Well if the trio of Ephemera/Skuld/PC is confined to KHx and KHUx then it wouldn't really matter that the PC is customized. It only really becomes a problem if Ephemera and Skuld make it into the present storyline, and even then, they could just make references to their missing third. That'd actually have potential to be an interesting dynamic, a trio with one missing forever and how that changes the remaining members.

I mean it's also possible that KHx just won't have a traditionally defined trio at all, too.

I'm jealous of this world you live in where family love is the least used in media lol. That has definitely not been my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back