• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is the 3rd in the Eraqus/Xehanort party? Where/Who is Sora's dad?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
When she pointed out he's an adorable socially awkward dork is where I got lost lol.
What I was trying to say is when Riku isn't angsting about small worlds or darkness, he's socially awkward instead. It stands out the most when he's interacting with the TWEWY crew. And I want more of that adorkableness tbh. 8D

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
^ You and me both BlackOsprey!

shady543

Awards
Where the **** were you guys when I was discussing this in one of my other threads?!!! To be fair if you did happen to open the thread and see that it turned in to a debate I could understand you avoiding making a post. lol

I don't remember a topic like this lol.
But yeah, the fact that family isn't mentioned doesn't bother me a lot, because I know that the reason why it gets ignored is because friendship is the main theme. But at the same time I just find it a bit unsettling because seeing Sora not concerned about his parents whatsoever is just weird to me lol.
Although, at the same time friendship can become 'family' so...

I'm jealous of this world you live in where family love is the least used in media lol. That has definitely not been my experience.

Literally the only games I can think of that has family relationships as a major plot point are The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite. Every other source of fiction I can think of that has family as a theme also has friendship as a theme which greatly overwhelmes the former. So I'm jelous of the world you live in lol. xD

What I was trying to say is when Riku isn't angsting about small worlds or darkness, he's socially awkward instead. It stands out the most when he's interacting with the TWEWY crew. And I want more of that adorkableness tbh. 8D

I got to agree there. Riku's character gets better and better as the games progress, meanwhile Sora's gets degraded. :'(

Popsydoodles

I don't remember a topic like this lol.
But yeah, the fact that family isn't mentioned doesn't bother me a lot, because I know that the reason why it gets ignored is because friendship is the main theme. But at the same time I just find it a bit unsettling because seeing Sora not concerned about his parents whatsoever is just weird to me lol.
Although, at the same time friendship can become 'family' so...
I mentioned this point in my prior thread too, but there are enough differences between the two that both could be present. Both themes can play off each other well when you pit the two against each other.

Literally the only games I can think of that has family relationships as a major plot point are The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite. Every other source of fiction I can think of that has family as a theme also has friendship as a theme which greatly overwhelmes the former. So I'm jelous of the world you live in lol. xD

I'm not sure I can even think of a game I've played or a popular game that was strictly family themes the way KH is friendship.

I got to agree there. Riku's character gets better and better as the games progress, meanwhile Sora's gets degraded. :'(

Sounds like we have a Sasuke Naruto situation here. Riku being Sasuke and Sora being Naruto obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back