• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is the 3rd in the Eraqus/Xehanort party? Where/Who is Sora's dad?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Popsydoodles

I will give Riku a little credit, though, because he did explicitly mention parents once in the first game.

Riku: Once we step through, we might not be able to come back. We may never see our parents again.

With Riku it's fine because he totally throws away his parents. lol It'd be funny to learn that Riku has the most loving parents out of anyone too.

They don't?

Let me check on my parents real quick... Nope. They're people.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
^Everything about this post!

I will give Riku a little credit, though, because he did explicitly mention parents once in the first game.

Riku: Once we step through, we might not be able to come back. We may never see our parents again.

But this is something that always bugged me. I could just never put it in the right words.

Yeah, I'll give Riku that. He's the only one that shows some genuine emotions towards them:

"We may never see our parents again. There's no turning back"

"How am I going to face everyone?"

Last edited:

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Eh. I don't mind it. In fact I prefer it, lol.

Haha and that's totally cool. And like I said, it's a detail that doesn't matter at the end of the day because the family and parents don't impact the plot one way or the other. And this complaint only ever really applied to KH1 and DDD somewhat.

This is still just strange to me but the series has survived so far. So I can only hope that family will become a theme in the next arc but I doubt it at this point.

Popsydoodles

Eh. I don't mind it. In fact I prefer it, lol.
It all makes so much sense now lol.

Something tells me you wouldn't care if Sora was a hypothetical light baby or born from real parents, because "In the eeeeend, it doesn't even maaaaaattterrrrr."

Haha and that's totally cool. And like I said, it's a detail that doesn't matter at the end of the day because the family and parents don't impact the plot one way or the other. And this complaint only ever really applied to KH1 and DDD somewhat.

This is still just strange to me but the series has survived so far. So I can only hope that family will become a theme in the next arc but I doubt it at this point.

That's about where I'm at with my stance on the matter.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
"How am I going to face everyone?"
I don't think he's thinking of his parents there, lol. I think it's referring to people like Selphie, Tidus and Wakka and is meant to echo his CoM DI storyline.

It all makes so much sense now lol.

Something tells me you wouldn't care if Sora was a hypothetical light baby or born from real parents, because "In the eeeeend, it doesn't even maaaaaattterrrrr."
No, I'd very much want him to be born from real parents and be an ordinary person?
I just really don't want family to be important in KH.

Popsydoodles

No, I'd very much want him to be born from real parents and be an ordinary person?
I just really don't want family to be important in KH.

Would you still have played the game if Sora was a lion boy? Just curious.

I'm not asking for more important, just more developed really.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I don't think he's thinking of his parents there, lol. I think it's referring to people like Selphie, Tidus and Wakka and is meant to echo his CoM DI storyline.

I guess so. I always saw the line as being very vague, applying to everyone on the island and not just Selphie, Tidus, and Wakka. I'm sure Riku hung out with more people then just them lol

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I doubt it. He's not exactly gifted at making friends lol.

Good point. Riku has always had a problem with friendships. I mean hell, he dropped Sora on a dime just because he made some new friends, one being a dumb large dog with a shield and a smart-ass duck with a staff lol. He's lucky that Kairi and Sora see him like family, otherwise any other person wouldn't have dealt with him and his bull. So did King Mickey, but King Mickey tends to try see the best in people no matter what, Ansem the Wise also being a case of that.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Maybe not now in his teen years, but as a kid he probably was. Remember he went through a change in KH1.
Remember how he was in DDD? If he's not acting like an angsty jerk, he's a socially awkward dork. It's adorable.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I think it was probably before that, when Terra first arrived. I think that's when his KH1 attitude started to at least surface because he had a desire to see other worlds because of Terra.
He had a desire to see other worlds even before Terra. That's what their whole conversation was about.

Popsydoodles

Remember how he was in DDD? If he's not acting like an angsty jerk, he's a socially awkward dork. It's adorable.
Are you saying he can easily make new friends in his teen years? Maybe now after the events of DDD, but everything between KH1 and DDD probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back