• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Youtubers did you unsubscribe from and why?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
The Young Turks, especially Ana went completely ballistic with some heckler.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show
A 1992 documentary on the Armenian Holocaust, viewer discretion advised.

I've listened to other Youtubers and rarely The Young Turks. I have even unsubscribed from a notorious Styxhexenhammer666 with his first video on Milo Yiannopolis. The reason that I unsubscribed was because he threatened to ban people that were defending Milo, rather you're a Milo fan or not, isn't the problem. It's the threat that he said in his video that's the problem. I did check out his second video on the Milo scandal and he apologized and did retract his statement that he wasn't going to ban anyone for their views on Milo. Styx took down the first video.

Yet, I know some of his viewers are going to go after those that don't share the same criticism as him.

She went ballistic cause she's Armenian. It must be extremely annoying to have people calling you a genocide denier when it's possible that some of her family was killed during that.

Milo is... meh. People give him too much attention. In my opinion, there's something wrong with him and he seems to be very self-loathing and confused, but that's really none of my business. If people want Milo to go away, they should stop covering him, stop protesting him, and stop attending his events. It's not worth throwing a hissy fit over.

TYT seems to be taking this to heart and has stopped covering him directly.

When it comes to channels like TYT and all the other 'news' people on Youtube... take them all with a grain of salt. Listen to multiple people, read the articles they provide for yourself, and then come to your own conclusion. I miss the days of youtube's past when I could go on a TYT video and agree or disagree with their coverage and having interesting discussions with other commentators. Now every comment is "Armenian genocide deniers!" "FAKE NEWS!" "TYT supporters terrorist!" "TYT should be deported!" "Cenk is secretly an ISIS supporter!" etc etc.

Disagree with their opinions alright, but god the trolls are ridiculous. The amount of trolls lately is out of control all around the internet when it comes to politics.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ever just had to drop Manga reactors because they drop a manga and start hating it and be no different than the hatedom?

Yeah, I think if people need the opinion of YouTube channels on Manga especially Shounen, better your own opinion than others.

Won't say the series, ask me on my profile

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
She went ballistic cause she's Armenian. It must be extremely annoying to have people calling you a genocide denier when it's possible that some of her family was killed during that.

Milo is... meh. People give him too much attention. In my opinion, there's something wrong with him and he seems to be very self-loathing and confused, but that's really none of my business. If people want Milo to go away, they should stop covering him, stop protesting him, and stop attending his events. It's not worth throwing a hissy fit over.

TYT seems to be taking this to heart and has stopped covering him directly.

When it comes to channels like TYT and all the other 'news' people on Youtube... take them all with a grain of salt. Listen to multiple people, read the articles they provide for yourself, and then come to your own conclusion. I miss the days of youtube's past when I could go on a TYT video and agree or disagree with their coverage and having interesting discussions with other commentators. Now every comment is "Armenian genocide deniers!" "FAKE NEWS!" "TYT supporters terrorist!" "TYT should be deported!" "Cenk is secretly an ISIS supporter!" etc etc.

Disagree with their opinions alright, but god the trolls are ridiculous. The amount of trolls lately is out of control all around the internet when it comes to politics.

Yeah, it is pretty crazy especially since the comment section is usually full of a bunch of lunatics. I do find it interesting that the news program is named after a military group that led to the Armenian Genocide. Of course, I have no right to say what Cenk names his program.

I usually listen some Youtubers that aren't affiliated with any news programs.

Ree

IMustDestroyAll for me, his sad attempt at damage control and trying to throw others like undertakerfreak1127 under the bus just pathetic.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
IMustDestroyAll for me, his sad attempt at damage control and trying to throw others like undertakerfreak1127 under the bus just pathetic.
Isn't that guy in some sort of trouble due to harassing a teenager because of some inappropriate pictures that he pretty much demanded from her?

Ree

I don't know if anything came out of it but yeah he's pretty much screwed.

ghostwarmen

Awards
I think I was subscribed to the Nostalgia Critic once, but his videos got repetitive once he came back and pretty cringe inducing.

I am still subscribed to him, but I agree big time. After he came back, his videos got too weird and odd with the skits and what not. I loved when it was just him in his house and he had to use effects him and his brother knew and use other people sparingly, the Critic alone was just hilarious without the unneeded filler.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I am still subscribed to him, but I agree big time. After he came back, his videos got too weird and odd with the skits and what not. I loved when it was just him in his house and he had to use effects him and his brother knew and use other people sparingly, the Critic alone was just hilarious without the unneeded filler.
I did like his Master of Disaster and the guy that he had dressed as a 90's kid. I thought the actor looked pretty good in that 90's getup.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

I still subscribe to Nostalgia Critic, and find him pretty funny, but he had a review recently for Scooby Doo 2 that pretty much shit all over his fans that liked the old critic better. He thought it'd work out as him telling himself that he preferred reviewing with the skits and stuff and not all of the lame Chuck Norris jokes, but in reality it came across as a big fuck you to every fan that likes his old reviews, or even prefers them to his new style. Like telling them "that's not in good taste, in reality my new stuff is much better! You just need to watch my old stuff again, it's horrible! How dare you enjoy my old material!"

He's still funny, and Doug's a really nice guy, but what the fuck dude.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I still subscribe to Nostalgia Critic, and find him pretty funny, but he had a review recently for Scooby Doo 2 that pretty much shit all over his fans that liked the old critic better. He thought it'd work out as him telling himself that he preferred reviewing with the skits and stuff and not all of the lame Chuck Norris jokes, but in reality it came across as a big diddly you to every fan that likes his old reviews, or even prefers them to his new style. Like telling them "that's not in good taste, in reality my new stuff is much better! You just need to watch my old stuff again, it's horrible! How dare you enjoy my old material!"

He's still funny, and Doug's a really nice guy, but what the diddly dude.

I have the same sentiment. I do like The Amazing Atheist from time to time, especially when he reviewed The Amityville Horror films, well Amityville II, I believe. One was made in the 1970's and the other was re-made in 2005.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've met Doug twice and he's a really cool dude. I remember explaining what the deal was with Homestuck back when it was super popular still [I was cosplaying Vriska at the time and he asked] and he said my explanation was the best he's had which is surprising. He lives super close to me so I'm kinda surprised I haven't met him more. I still follow him because I do like his commentary and I kinda feel like the growth was necessary for his videos as they were very old-meme-y and it got tired quick. I still enjoy the old videos but I also like the new. I found the Scooby Doo video kinda funny to be honest, as an old watcher.

I'm kind of surprised that people haven't mentioned JonTron... Because I did finally.
He has went under fire in the past over some random tweet he made about retarded people, then a bullshit "I'm sorry you're upset" kind of apology but it was more just like fuck you I'm funny it's a joke I make jokes c'mon and then it died off and he was releasing good content... Then he sort of sold out and that was fine, whatever, make your money, dude, Starcade was cool.

Then he made the comments about the Women's March, which was bad [imo], because he spoke as someone who did not understand the core issues and he just is not the person that really needs to be making political commentary on a complicated issue [or in some cases not complicated like, supporting the core basic equality of women?] and didn't apologize and is now siding with the "alt-right" corner of youtube and it's... really messy and just left this nasty taste in my mouth.

So I unfollowed.

I'm also surprised people aren't talking about PewDiePie being dropped by Disney for his anti-semetic jokes video.

I realize these are OH MAN SJW OPINIONS?! but like, idk. Just expected one person to pop in.

also related to game grumps, i at first was like OH NO JON IS GONE GAME GRUMPS IS DYING but I enjoy Danny a lot more. He cares about his fans waaaaaaaaay more than Jon and you can just tell.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I've met Doug twice and he's a really cool dude. I remember explaining what the deal was with Homestuck back when it was super popular still [I was cosplaying Vriska at the time and he asked] and he said my explanation was the best he's had which is surprising. He lives super close to me so I'm kinda surprised I haven't met him more. I still follow him because I do like his commentary and I kinda feel like the growth was necessary for his videos as they were very old-meme-y and it got tired quick. I still enjoy the old videos but I also like the new. I found the Scooby Doo video kinda funny to be honest, as an old watcher.

On the subject of Homestuck, I unsubscribed from Octopimp, who I knew for his many Homestuck videos. He eventually announced he was no longer associated with the fandom, and would be uploading new content. Which is absolutely fine, it's just - I lost interest at that point.

I'm kind of surprised that people haven't mentioned JonTron... Because I did finally.
He has went under fire in the past over some random tweet he made about retarded people, then a bullshit "I'm sorry you're upset" kind of apology but it was more just like diddly you I'm funny it's a joke I make jokes c'mon and then it died off and he was releasing good content... Then he sort of sold out and that was fine, whatever, make your money, dude, Starcade was cool.

Then he made the comments about the Women's March, which was bad [imo], because he spoke as someone who did not understand the core issues and he just is not the person that really needs to be making political commentary on a complicated issue [or in some cases not complicated like, supporting the core basic equality of women?] and didn't apologize and is now siding with the "alt-right" corner of youtube and it's... really messy and just left this nasty taste in my mouth.

Kinda hard to defend my position on that one. I think I lost a lot of respect for JonTron with his political views and comments. I certainly do not agree with his comments. But I do still follow and enjoy his videos. I really wish I didn't, but I respect JonTron as a comedian, not a political figure.

also related to game grumps, i at first was like OH NO JON IS GONE GAME GRUMPS IS DYING but I enjoy Danny a lot more. He cares about his fans waaaaaaaaay more than Jon and you can just tell.

I love you Danny. Wherever you are.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I might unsubscribe from McCreepypasta, he's had a known history with SlimeBeast. Apparently, someone that MrCreepypasta works with, Vincent De Cava or whatever his name is failed to get the word Creepypasta trademarked. There might be some nagging coming from him real soon.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I realize these are OH MAN SJW OPINIONS?! but like, idk. Just expected one person to pop in.

No need to feel alone! I'm pretty sure the reasons I unfollowed The Amazing Atheist which I posted earlier in this topic are "SJW OPINIONS", too. =P

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I would comment on the whole Social Justice Warrior thing, but I'll leave that for another day. I had a long post written out, but it's just not worth it. I'll just say this: I have a lot of SJW friends, and while they're all fine and good, they'll frequently get offended watching comedians like Louis CK or Eddie Murphy or even Jim Jefferies just because of their "anti-SJW" opinions. I just feel like some people in the movement have to have a better sense of humor. Doug Walker said it best: all comedy is based on misery. So where does the comedy lie when we take out all of the offensiveness, or "misery"? Other than that, I disagree on some ideological fronts as well, but, again, that's another conversation for another day.

I subscribe to everyone I enjoy, because even if I don't watch a lot of their content they deserve a subscriber nonetheless. Especially in the YouTube business, you need as many reliable subscriptions and notifications for each fan to get your content regularly as you can get, and I'm willing to help out anyone in the business regardless of whether I watch them all that often.

That being said... I've unsubscribed to Game Grumps and ProJared a few times. Game Grumps simply because I watched them off and on until very recently, and ProJared because I've regularly gone in between disliking and liking his content for many years now. I think I'm keeping my subscription to his channel now, it just took me a while to get there.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I am a believer that one's sense of humor channels directly from their soul (for lack of a better term, I don't actually believe in souls... but you know what I mean, right? =P), especially when it comes to 'offensive' humor. And I've found it to happen often that those men who love making sexist jokes turn out to be most misogynistic men I know.

I'm well aware that some people are just misguided and don't actually mean it, but I can't even count the number of men I've know that have that sense of humor and turn out to misogynistic and proud of it. And in that way they turn into straight-up bullies who hide behind "It's just a joke". I do not take kindly to that at all.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I would comment on the whole Social Justice Warrior thing, but I'll leave that for another day. I had a long post written out, but it's just not worth it. I'll just say this: I have a lot of SJW friends, and while they're all fine and good, they'll frequently get offended watching comedians like Louis CK or Eddie Murphy or even Jim Jefferies just because of their "anti-SJW" opinions. I just feel like some people in the movement have to have a better sense of humor. Doug Walker said it best: all comedy is based on misery. So where does the comedy lie when we take out all of the offensiveness, or "misery"? Other than that, I disagree on some ideological fronts as well, but, again, that's another conversation for another day.

I subscribe to everyone I enjoy, because even if I don't watch a lot of their content they deserve a subscriber nonetheless. Especially in the YouTube business, you need as many reliable subscriptions and notifications for each fan to get your content regularly as you can get, and I'm willing to help out anyone in the business regardless of whether I watch them all that often.

That being said... I've unsubscribed to Game Grumps and ProJared a few times. Game Grumps simply because I watched them off and on until very recently, and ProJared because I've regularly gone in between disliking and liking his content for many years now. I think I'm keeping my subscription to his channel now, it just took me a while to get there.

I know how you feel. Eddie Murphy's Saturday Night sketch where he cosplayed as a white person was pretty entertaining, especially since it was made in the 1980's or so.

I have also thought about unsubscribing from Andywarski since he's pretty biased on some subjects, especially when he came to Onision and the claim that nobody was calling him a pedophile. Yes, it's a serious accusations and I do know people in personal life that have called Onision a pedophile. So, just because some people were calling Onision a pedophile shouldn't mean that nobody was calling him a pedophile since his sketchy forum.

Andywarski also messed up with his video on CNN, in which he said that tax payers were going to be the ones to pay for the housing when it seemed like only patrons of religious institutions that were helping these undocumented immigrants get housing and protection from deportation offices. They were also getting help with deportation interviews. Andywarski seemed to only criticize the video rather than going through the article that was linked with the video.

Regardless of how one feels about immigration, it was still unprofessional of Andywarski and his roommate, Chris to just gloss over an article connected to a video that they were reviewing.

Jgray123487

Awards
I was a big COD fan and watched Tmartn but after the whole csgo crap couldn't do it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back