• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Youtubers did you unsubscribe from and why?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I recently unsubbed from 20 channels or so. It was no channel in particular, but it got to the point where there were so many videos in my sub box that I had to actively seek out what I actually wanted to watch. I wanted to cut down on the fluff and get more of what I really wanted.

komodoturtle

Used to watch Vsauce quite a lot, but went off him recently since the pay to view videos started.
I get wanting to make money from your stuff, but going from free to only pay videos is just going to
annoy people.

Ueki_168

I recently flushed a lot of my subscriptions because they were flooding my subbox (which is the page I always have on, I rarely use the Main Page). And on the big array of YouTubers were such names as Joey Graceffa, Marcus Butler and Tyler Oakley.

Yes... I used to stay up to date with them. But I can see the quality has gone too low from the old days, plus they don't change the format of their videos. When I was in the middle of the process, I decided to look at some of their videos, and he sounded so tired and bored.

Another one I unsubscribed from that day was Let's Play, the side channel of Rooster Teeth. Don't get me wrong, I love how they work and their way of making entertainment. But I think I left the gameplay videos days behind my back.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Anyone know if JonTron's bouncing back? I really miss his videos, every day my brothers make a joke about "the new JonTron video out today" and it's really starting to worry me. Come back, Jon, I miss you so much. Just don't talk about politics.

Thinking of unsubbing from Sargon of Akkad. I can't keep up with his huge videos weekly, and he's honestly just starting to bore me.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Anyone know if JonTron's bouncing back? I really miss his videos, every day my brothers make a joke about "the new JonTron video out today" and it's really starting to worry me. Come back, Jon, I miss you so much. Just don't talk about politics.

It's been 4 months since he made a video. I'm sure he must have something out soon, I guess.

Tim Griffin

Well personally, I like to learn everything myself online haha. I used to subscribe to a channel called eHowEducation. However, I felt like they don't explain the details and tricks clearly. Soon my friend and I started looking for some new tutoring sites and soon we found some really good sites that we are still using today. I still remember that we were trying our best to understand the trigonometric substitution haha.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Well personally, I like to learn everything myself online haha. I used to subscribe to a channel called eHowEducation. However, I felt like they don't explain the details and tricks clearly. Soon my friend and I started looking for some new tutoring sites and soon we found some really good sites that we are still using today. I still remember that we were trying our best to understand the trigonometric substitution haha.
Man, I wish you luck with that. I recently unsubscribed from HA Goodman, because I felt like he was just doing his constant videos on click bait titles regarding the Phillando Castille investigation. I don't feel like going down that rabbit hole.

Anyways, I wish you luck with your trigonometry.

Wilderness

Awards
JWittz is a nice guy, nice YouTuber but I sometimes just feel uncomfortable with his body language, and some of his personal videos with his girlfriend... she just comes across as rather mentally abusive. She seems quite toxic.

Top5s was a channel I used to like for a look into the dark and weird side of the world, but lately 'aliens' seem to be a possible answer to everything he discusses. It just feels like a lazy cop out to me and I don't wanna invest time into something that can't invest thought, so I unsubbed.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
JWittz is a nice guy, nice YouTuber but I sometimes just feel uncomfortable with his body language, and some of his personal videos with his girlfriend... she just comes across as rather mentally abusive. She seems quite toxic.

Top5s was a channel I used to like for a look into the dark and weird side of the world, but lately 'aliens' seem to be a possible answer to everything he discusses. It just feels like a lazy cop out to me and I don't wanna invest time into something that can't invest thought, so I unsubbed.

Wait what, JWittz girlfriend acts mentally abusive? That's news to me.

Anyway, I've unsubscribed from MatPat. He states that he's Game Theory, but he seems to be a Nintendo shill (I'm not using that as an insult, he's done sponsored videos with Reggie). And even with the Nintendo content, all he ever talks about is Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. And with some of his theories, they border to fan-fiction.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Did he upload a video? I've been subscribed to people that have had their channels terminated. I have unsubscribed to them because their channels were no longer available.

Nah, at the time I thought it was a matter of time before we uploaded. That was April. It is now July, and he still hasn't uploaded.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Nah, at the time I thought it was a matter of time before we uploaded. That was April. It is now July, and he still hasn't uploaded.
Maybe, he's dead! I actually watched a Youtuber who stopped uploading, turns out the Youtuber died. I don't know how because the other Youtuber that was subscribed to him refused to disclose to me because of personal reasons. The Youtuber's name was PW Swivel, I miss him!

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Maybe, he's dead! I actually watched a Youtuber who stopped uploading, turns out the Youtuber died. I don't know how because the other Youtuber that was subscribed to him refused to disclose to me because of personal reasons.
As much as I don't like JonTron anymore please don't joke about him being dead. He's still very active on twitter still saying dumbass shit that got him in trouble in the first place but just less so now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back