• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Youtubers did you unsubscribe from and why?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm waiting for Audible/Lootcrate/Crunchyroll/etc to pull sponsorship at this point it's getting that bad. His Q & A was a chance for him to actually SOLVE THE PROBLEM by either addressing it and apologize for upsetting a LOT of people but he decided to mock them, despite being in complete power to not even acknowledge it at all, which in his case, probably would have been the better plan...

It's infuriating to watch but there's something almost fascinating about how many spirals this train wreck is doing and I'm just waiting for the actual crash, admittedly.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

That is appalling. Horrendous, even.

Edit: I think I've unsubscribed from Jon for good. He's entitled to his opinions, but I don't particular feel right supporting someone who does this. It's more to do with my own benefit of getting away from it, not a punishment to him, because at the end of the day, I'm just a blip on his subscriber count that has likely been replaced already.

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
https://twitter.com/neilcic/status/502533414990647297

Lest we forget.

[i also just really like how neil handled himself in this whole mess here and love his content so much more than jontron's as neil's humor is something that grew with me as a person, i feel more attached to that than jon's undeniable copying of RedLetterMedia's plinkett reviews, which is something that grew more common among reviewing crew in youtube.]
[but that's just me and my massive boner for neil cicierega]

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It's unfortunately also indicative of the kind of mentality that made so many people vote for Trump. Such blatant xenophobia.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
[i also just really like how neil handled himself in this whole mess here and love his content so much more than jontron's as neil's humor is something that grew with me as a person, i feel more attached to that than jon's undeniable copying of RedLetterMedia's plinkett reviews, which is something that grew more common among reviewing crew in youtube.]
[but that's just me and my massive boner for neil cicierega]

Strangely enough, Neil being another person I unsubscribed from.
I don't remember why though.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Strangely enough, Neil being another person I unsubscribed from.
I don't remember why though.
His humor is something that has become the embodiment of the internet as a whole in my opinion and is unsettling and strange to most. I've followed him since pre-Ultimate Destiny days, and whether it's his skits, Potter Puppet Pals, animutations, Lemon Demon, or Ariel Needs Legs, or oh my god the fucking Mouth trilogy albums, I just adore his work. But I also completely understand that his material is not for everyone, or at least, not all of it is. Some may only like a couple songs of Lemon Demon, or only know of Potter Puppet Pals and not the name attached to them. I'm not sure what your reason is, either, but he's always someone I hold dear to my heart.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
His humor is something that has become the embodiment of the internet as a whole in my opinion and is unsettling and strange to most. I've followed him since pre-Ultimate Destiny days, and whether it's his skits, Potter Puppet Pals, animutations, Lemon Demon, or Ariel Needs Legs, or oh my god the fucking Mouth trilogy albums, I just adore his work. But I also completely understand that his material is not for everyone, or at least, not all of it is. Some may only like a couple songs of Lemon Demon, or only know of Potter Puppet Pals and not the name attached to them. I'm not sure what your reason is, either, but he's always someone I hold dear to my heart.

I remember loving his content. I was really big on his Lemon Demon songs for a while back in secondary school. I think my friend and I could still recite Ultimate Showdown.
Some content was just not for me, but it was very little. I wonder why I unsubscribed. I'll need to check him out again.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
JonTron seems like he won't be the only getting bashed for his political views. Mr. Enter might be up on the cutting board. [video=youtube;N5WDrSqWheU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5WDrSqWheU[/video] His review on the Good Family, pretty much a show that focuses on a family of left wingers.

Mr. Enter sounds like he makes a good argument. You can't fit everyone that you disagree with into a simple box. This election was nothing but an eye opener.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I just unsubscribed from Pewdiepie. He was fun and entertaining when he played actual video games and not these shitty one-offs. Also, he's gotten a bit attention whore-y lately with all the "my opinion" videos (I mean, there are so many of them).

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I'm going to watch this recent JonTron interview for myself, before I make any opinions behind it. From what I've heard from certain edited clips, it seems that the guy interviewing him was backed into a couple of corners himself, specifically calling out the Japanese as a xenophobic, horribly racist people, while Jon was trying to defend reason. Of course, these clips only showed small bits of the interview, so I'm sure I missed a significant amount of material here. It was, what, two hours long? This is going to be a fun one.

I still won't unsubscribe to him if I end up disagreeing, though. People like to back themselves up into safe spaces nowadays, refusing to hear out those they disagree with and silencing their greatest critics. I've subscribed to multiple people with opposing views between myself and each other, such as Sargon of Akkad, Logicked, Armoured Skeptic, The Bible Reloaded, and The Amazing Atheist. You don't have to agree with every precious word someone says to enjoy their content, just as you don't have to like the artist to appreciate his art. That being said... there does have to be some understanding there I feel for me to subscribe. JonTron is a comedian before he is a politician, and I'm willing to look through that lens to watch his content if I have to. Hell, I still watch Armoured Skeptic, and Logicked straight up roasted him recently for one of his recent comments.

My dad makes me listen to conservative radio every morning when we drive into the city; not because either of us agree with their position, but because it is far more responsible to understand each side of the argument rather than heavily arm your side of the argument.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Here's a life lesson every small-time entertainer should know: Don't talk politics. Their revenue comes from views which come from the odd passerby or more likely their subscribers. Subscribers aren't from one base of opinion, they're a mix; some of them will more than likely take these Youtubers' comments as either offensive or wrong, and thus unsubscribe or pelt said Youtuber with unwanted attention (i.e. JonTron (never seen his work but he's the biggest example right now)).

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm going to watch this recent JonTron interview for myself, before I make any opinions behind it. From what I've heard from certain edited clips, it seems that the guy interviewing him was backed into a couple of corners himself, specifically calling out the Japanese as a xenophobic, horribly racist people, while Jon was trying to defend reason. Of course, these clips only showed small bits of the interview, so I'm sure I missed a significant amount of material here. It was, what, two hours long? This is going to be a fun one.
The Japanese as a whole are in fact extremely racist and outside of Tokyo you're gonna probably have some judgement or at the very least have very different behavior. Within Tokyo you will be treated as a spectacle as a non-Japanese person and be expected to take pictures with Japanese school girls because omg an aMERICAN. Japan is a completely different country. Sorry I can't sit by and let Japan be glorified as this perfect country because hoo man does it have problems. It has racial problems WITHIN its own country and its own people.

Also I recommend Contrapoints to you because I think his look at both sides of the spectrum of politics would appeal to you maybe since you like hearing the two.

He's a bit.
Odd.

Just a warning.

edit: also i want to mention that jontron said some SHIT dude. like "If you believe there's discrimination in the US you're living in a fantasy land"

just.
WHAT?
a lot of it was shit like that.

Here's a life lesson every small-time entertainer should know: Don't talk politics. Their revenue comes from views which come from the odd passerby or more likely their subscribers. Subscribers aren't from one base of opinion, they're a mix; some of them will more than likely take these Youtubers' comments as either offensive or wrong, and thus unsubscribe or pelt said Youtuber with unwanted attention (i.e. JonTron (never seen his work but he's the biggest example right now)).
JonTron ain't small anymore he got 3 mill subs he's losin'.

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
The Japanese as a whole are in fact extremely racist and outside of Tokyo you're gonna probably have some judgement or at the very least have very different behavior. Within Tokyo you will be treated as a spectacle as a non-Japanese person and be expected to take pictures with Japanese school girls because omg an aMERICAN. Japan is a completely different country. Sorry I can't sit by and let Japan be glorified as this perfect country because hoo man does it have problems. It has racial problems WITHIN its own country and its own people.

Also I recommend Contrapoints to you because I think his look at both sides of the spectrum of politics would appeal to you maybe since you like hearing the two.

He's a bit.
Odd.

Just a warning.

Oh yeah, contrapoints! I remember him! I was introduced to him in Armoured Skeptic's "Social Justice is Racist" video series, where I watched his reaction to Armoured Skeptic's criticism. While I can't agree with all of his points, he was god damn hilarious. I really should subscribe when I get the chance. What a fantastic youtuber (and a relatively nice one at that, from what I've seen).

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
It's astounding that people on JonTron's subreddit are defending him as not a racist. People can be divided on that part all they want. It's those same peope then using the n word to negatively refer to black people and describe them as 'violent through genetics'. Astounding.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh yeah, contrapoints! I remember him! I was introduced to him in Armoured Skeptic's "Social Justice is Racist" video series, where I watched his reaction to Armoured Skeptic's criticism. While I can't agree with all of his points, he was god damn hilarious. I really should subscribe when I get the chance. What a fantastic youtuber (and a relatively nice one at that, from what I've seen).
Yeah he's still small enough to tweet back at me when I mention him. Super nice.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Is there a positive way? I mean, given some black people use it on a regular basis, but I've never truly known it to be "positive"

In this case, I mean that people are trying to claim they aren't racist towards black people, WHILE calling them the N-Word. Apologies for the confusion.

I must say, his subreddit has handled it mostly well. A good number of posts were calling Jon out on it, so they did lock it. However, they created threads for discussion, just so it was not spammed. It's nice to see most people outraged. Of course, as I said, there are a few genuinely racist people on there,and it's baffling. The_Donald took notice on it, so they've opted for brigading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back