• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is 'real' or 'true' music to you?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Well, you are a fan of iwrestledabearonce... I mean, honestly? What was I expecting you to do otherwise?

(Really, I do in fact consider Daft Punk to be music... most of the time. Some of their songs stray into Brian Eno like ambient territory, as far as I'm concerned.)

im sure he was just joking
but w/e

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Well, you are a fan of iwrestledabearonce... I mean, honestly? What was I expecting you to do otherwise?

(Really, I do in fact consider Daft Punk to be music... most of the time. Some of their songs stray into Brian Eno like ambient territory, as far as I'm concerned.)

Yeah, I wish I could change my username. I don't think IWABO is horrible, but they're definitely not my favourite band ever. I do like their name, though, hence my username.

And I actually agree with your opinion. *thumbsup*

Sparks

gone
Pretty much emotion with noise, really.

^This. I was just about to say it until I scrolled down.

I can't really judge whether I 'like" songs or not until I listen to them and feel something. With the current artists that I love now, I feel some sort of emotion when listening to them, whether it be optimistic, depressing, or anything in between. If I hear it and feel something then I know it
s a keeper. If not then I just don't care for it. It's all music though. I'm just waiting for some songs to speak to me.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I guess anything with a rhythm, beat, and emotion but I really don't count singing that sounds like talking.

Ace.

Banned
I guess I go by the textbook definition of music. It seems too pretentious to classify which acts are 'real' musicians, especially when the distinction is only made by which ones I do and don't like.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
I believe, that any composition/piece of music that provokes emotion is true music. Though to be truthful; I prefer instrumentals over vocals. Because to sing you must say something, which usually brings the singer to one topic that must be defined. This blurs the beauty that is invited... and stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back