• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is 'real' or 'true' music to you?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beyer

After recently having a debate with a friend over what is 'real' music, I want to know. What do you class as 'real' music?

Do you go strictly by a dictionary definition of music or do you go by your own?

Personally, I define music as the following: an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner.

Just wanted to know what your's are because I know there are people who don't class Lady Gaga's songs as music etc. and people who do and the same goes for many other artists out there today.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
It's just a mental classification but I just don't feel earnesty or beauty from music such as that of Lady Gaga's.

It's opinionated but another factor is the attitude of the artist or band as well, and again, I find hers...not good

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Music is music. Organized noise. It's a descriptive term, not a compliment.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Disregarding Sunny's mostly irrelevant contribution, I agree with everything that's already been said here.

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Music is music. Organized noise. It's a descriptive term, not a compliment.

Verbatim.
2wegcop.jpg

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Music is something that should inspire one's thoughts, bring a spark of intelligence to those otherwise left in the darkness of ignorance, a form of speakable and playable artistic worth that can be measured sheerly by how it affects one's soul and mind. What would man be without this outlet of thought?

Simply imagine a world where the only means of art is something painted on a wall, and no words to be sung of its beauty, despite many being speechless at the gravity of that painting's embracing on their souls.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
anything other than daft punk

Really, I consider most things to be music, save ambient-like sounds. That kind of thing can be part of a piece of music, but as far as I'm concerned, it isn't music itself, standing alone.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
★;5390641 said:
you just said that because you love her

admit it
Except I don't. XIII already said it: quality is another subject entirely.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I think it's all music, but the quality is just another thing entirely.

Agreed...I have to say that is quite true... I find the quality in the emotional value of the song... like some techno just sounds robotic, but country just sounds like crap really

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
anything other than daft punk

Really, I consider most things to be music, save ambient-like sounds. That kind of thing can be part of a piece of music, but as far as I'm concerned, it isn't music itself, standing alone.

you're stupid and i hate you and your opinion sucks the underside of my testicles.

Indeed. But would a person like yourself except the beatles also?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
you're stupid and i hate you and your opinion sucks the underside of my testicles.

Well, you are a fan of iwrestledabearonce... I mean, honestly? What was I expecting you to do otherwise?

(Really, I do in fact consider Daft Punk to be music... most of the time. Some of their songs stray into Brian Eno like ambient territory, as far as I'm concerned.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back