• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Voice Inside Sora's Heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Coded has already hinted at what I've been saying for some time now. Mickey is the voice in Digital Sora's Awakening. He may be the Voice in Sora's as well.

* We know that Terra chooses Riku to wield the KK. It is my belief that the KK/IKK were specially created with the sole purpose of sealing/opening KH. Terra chose Riku for the KK as an act of desperation, to keep the key safe if it were needed again. The IKK ends up in the Dark Realm, on the other side of KH, so it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to say that they were already used. I believe that, before the very end of BbS, one person uses the KK while another uses the IKK to seal KH out of MX's grasp. The person who uses the IKK (coughTAV'sMastercough) basically sacrifices themselves since they would be sealed in the Dark Realm). Now, having witnessed all of this, Mickey knew the two keys would be needed again when Xehanort's Heartless came on the scene. But Riku was not the right candidate, as Terra had thought, so Mickey chooses Sora instead (skipping all of the Keyblade training and going straight to his Dive to the Heart). In other words, I believe that Mickey is the voice speaking to Sora in his Dive, which you can read about in this quote of mine:

Quote:
Quote:
Sora: Huh?

Donald: What’s wrong?

Sora: Don’t you hear something? There!

Mysterious Voice: Careful. This is the last haven you’ll find here. Beyond,
there is no light to protect you. But don’t be afraid. Your heart is the
mightiest weapon of all. Remember, you are the one who will open the door to
the light.

Donald: I don’t hear anything.

Sora: Strange... That voice was so familiar. Maybe it’s just my imagination.
Because Sora addresses the voice, it's a plot element and not just a tutorial for gameplay.

Now, whether or not they'll delve into who or what the voice is, well, who knows. But if I had to take a guess, I would say it's Mickey. Why?

- Like the disembodied voice, Mickey can talk to someone remotely, as seen here: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts - Final Mix: The World of Darkness

- Like the voice in Sora's Dive to the Heart, Mickey can go into someone's heart, as seen here: YouTube - KH Re:CoM, English cutscene: 82 - Basement Three (Part 3)

- Mickey knows more than he lets on. He knew that the Inverse Kingdom Key was in the realm of dark, for instance, so he was almost certainly involved with the KK in the past. Also, he knew about Sora and Riku before they even met, as seen in the first link. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we found out Mickey was involved with the origins of the KK in BbS or if he told Sora about assigning him the KK in coded.

- Mickey's symbol is on the KK, the shield, etc. I realize this is somewhat of a moot point since Disney likes slapping their logo on everything, but it still stands.

The fact that Mickey has his own little dialect does not contradict this theory since we don't know what the voice sounds like and, as you can see in the first YouTube link, he can speak properly.
However, if it was still Mickey speaking in Roxas' Dive to the Heart, I'm not so sure. I could also see it being Ven, since he is most likely a part of Sora in some way, shape, or form.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I always just wondered what the "mightiest weapon of all" really is... Is it the Keyblade, or Sora's heart? 'Cos it could be either one...

His heart. At the end, the voice repeated itself, but changed it slightly. "Your heart is mightiest weapon of all."

I think it might be Mickey. Makes me wonder, though. Did Riku have a similar dream? And did the voice in the dream figure out that Riku was tempted by the darkness, so it turned to Sora? Or did the voice, perhaps, believe that Sora would be the one to open the door to darkness? Then, upon realizing it was wrong, chose Sora as the Keyblade master instead.
These questions keep burning in my mind. XD I do have a somewhat unrelated question, though: how WAS Riku tempted? He didn't meet Ansem/Xehanort until Hollow Bastion, and Riku never left his island until the night of the storm. So how was he tempted by the darkness when he knew nobody from the outside world? Unless, of course, Xehanort was able to be a voice for Riku, similar to Sora's, and tempted him that way...
Man, this game is confusing. @_@ And yet, I love it so.

Last edited:

Shizazzle

I think you're looking into this a bit too much.

When he woke up on the island, it was concluded that the whole beginning sequence was most likely a dream.

The beginning thing was the game's way of showing beginners how to play without making too little sense, if I'm making sense.

So, basically, from what I understood, the whole platform-choose-your-weapon-and-leveling-type-and-hey-why-not-practice-fighting-Heartless-with-this-weapon-you-will-never-see-again thing didn't really exist for story purposes.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0

When he woke up on the island, it was concluded that the whole beginning sequence was most likely a dream.

The beginning thing was the game's way of showing beginners how to play without making too little sense, if I'm making sense.

So, basically, from what I understood, the whole platform-choose-your-weapon-and-leveling-type-and-hey-why-not-practice-fighting-Heartless-with-this-weapon-you-will-never-see-again thing didn't really exist for story purposes.

It could be Sora's rushed training to be a Keyblade weilder.

Shizazzle

It could be Sora's rushed training to be a Keyblade weilder.

But what I'm saying is that I don't think Sora was hearing voices.

The text that was on our screen was for our eyes so that we could understand what we were supposed to do. I never got the feeling that Sora knew what we were reading.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
i think the voice is the keyblade. but im confused. riku was supposed 2 b the keyblade master right? till he gave in2 the darkness. the dive in the heart happened b4 the keyblade picked sora instead. so how did the voice know sora would end up with the kb

This kinda makes me think; makes Mickey's voice make more sense.

Of course he was asleep; he was Diving into his Heart. It's probably not like he walked into his own heart while awake or anything.

And looking into things too much; that's just Kingdom Hearts.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

He DID hear voices. o_O The voice spoke to him again at the end of the game, right before he fought Ansem. That wasn't a dream.

FFK

Mickey knew Sora and Rikku before Sora's dive to his heart. And why do I think so. remember the kh final mix+ 2 trailer where they show king mickey in the end of it. and it was based on before found the cave in they were like very young and kairi came about the same time. Yeah it was before that.

So it would make sense that mickey would know them. rest of the deal don't know.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Mickey knew Sora and Rikku before Sora's dive to his heart. And why do I think so. remember the kh final mix+ 2 trailer where they show king mickey in the end of it. and it was based on before found the cave in they were like very young and kairi came about the same time. Yeah it was before that.

So it would make sense that mickey would know them. rest of the deal don't know.

How does that make sense? He was present at the end of BBS, how does that link him at all to Sora?

Tigerruss

Awards
I think it was either something we don't know of yet.
The KB.
Or ven.
We know ven asked to be erased, we know roxas looks like ven, we know since roxas looks like ven there is a chance that part of ven is in sora.
So I think the voice was ven, but we may never find out, and it doesn't really matter.

x37rnu4

Awards
Coded has already hinted at what I've been saying for some time now. Mickey is the voice in Digital Sora's Awakening. He may be the Voice in Sora's as well.

But why should it be Mickey? I mean, why did he ask Donald and Goofy to find the human with the Key if he already knew who it was? Mickey left before the islands disappeared into darkness, and Sora's Dive into the Heart was before that. So how could mickey be the Voice? Someone just clear that up for me.

Pratiko

Awards
But why should it be Mickey? I mean, why did he ask Donald and Goofy to find the human with the Key if he already knew who it was? Mickey left before the islands disappeared into darkness, and Sora's Dive into the Heart was before that. So how could mickey be the Voice? Someone just clear that up for me.

He said: Find the Key and Stick to it.

Mickey was doing other stuff. He didn't have time to be around Sora, so he sent his lackeys.

UnstoppableSound

Oh, whoa, hey there *laughs*

Okay, this is my first post, so forgive me if it's awkard-sounding =P

Alright, so we're all familiar with the silent voice that speaks to you in the beginning of KH1, right (during the Dive Into the Heart)? As far as I know, no one really knows who the voice is, right (correct me if i'm wrong :p)?

Well, I was playing the game yesterday and I was thinking of who the voice might be. HERE COMES THE FAR-FETCHED-NESS! I'm sure most people here have heard of/read/watch Bleach. What my theory is that the voice could be the Keyblade speaking to you - sort of like how the zanpaku-to speaks to their wielders. Yes, I know, probably not likely considering the Voice says things like, 'You hold the mightiest weapon of all,' which would mean the Keyblade was referring to itself, but think about it for a moment (especially you closed-minded people who forget the purpose of theories):

1) The Voice informs Sora of the inner power he has.
2) The Voice guides Sora in learning how to fight.
3) Well, the Voice wanted to get to know you more - I suppose if you were a Keyblade you'd want to know what you're getting into.
4) The Keyblade/Voice seems to have 'instincts' or what have you and wants to protect Sora. Like at Final Rest (before you fight XH), it says, 'Careful. This is the last haven you'll find here. Beyond, there is no light to protect you.' (This will also tie in to another theory I have about the Keyblade that I'll post tomorrow).

*prepares a flame-shield*

Thoughts?

Definitely a possibility, there's nothing I can, or really anyone can say that can disprove this theory. All I can say is that I don't think it's true, but then again, who knows?

Aria

braver by the minute
I think we'll find out in coded or BBS(if it's Ven) hopefully. I guess it would make sense if the Keyblade was talking to him but idk...

Awards

I think you might be looking at that the wrong way.

Mickey was around when all the other Keybladers were, correct? And yet he tells Donald and Goofy to find that one chosen person for the Key. It's a pretty good indicator that Mickey was aware of Sora being chosen. First there were many chosen wielders, they left/disappeared, and out of the blue there comes another. And Mickey just so happens to know about it.

And as was said, Mickey was busy looking for the IKK in the Dark Realm. I would say he did not leave Donald and Goofy to find Sora through chance, but fate.

x37rnu4

Awards
I think you might be looking at that the wrong way.

Mickey was around when all the other Keybladers were, correct? And yet he tells Donald and Goofy to find that one chosen person for the Key. It's a pretty good indicator that Mickey was aware of Sora being chosen. First there were many chosen wielders, they left/disappeared, and out of the blue there comes another. And Mickey just so happens to know about it.

And as was said, Mickey was busy looking for the IKK in the Dark Realm. I would say he did not leave Donald and Goofy to find Sora through chance, but fate.

So with mickey knowing Sora was chosen, he already knew Riku fell into darkness? I'm sorry, i think i'm just complicating things XXD ha-ha

TrueRoxas527

I don't think he knew what would exactly happen, but he knew one of them would be chosen, it would all depend on their reactions to the events around them that affect the strength of their hearts. So, Mickey only knew one of them would be the wielder, and the other would go into darkness.
But, imagine, playing as Riku through all the KH games and have Sora constantly be the one possessed by XH and fighting him, and have Donald and Goofy fighting along side Riku the entire time? I actually think I would enjoy that more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back