• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATE: Hikaru Utada's future with Kingdom Hearts Undecided

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
Re: Hikaru Utada to Return for Kingdom Hearts III

The day we hear the new KH3 song:

YcamiT3.gif

I can practically imagine e3 '14: it's SE turn to present, they turn off the lights and we can listen to a new song from Utada Hikaru used as KH3's main song and then a trailer displays from three different monitors (a big one in the middle and smaller ones adjacent to it) with tidbits of cutscenes and gameplay. :XXXXXXXXX

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

I caaaaaaaalled it.

Man this is such great news

shuyin_zer0

Awards

Hopefully the English version will get better production treatment than Sanctuary did. I love Sanctuary and all, but you can tell that they half-assed the production compared to Passion. Either way, Hikki is my favourite artist, so I can't wait to hear some new material!

State

Awards

Hopefully the English version will get better production treatment than Sanctuary did. I love Sanctuary and all, but you can tell that they half-assed the production compared to Passion. Either way, Hikki is my favourite artist, so I can't wait to hear some new material!

. . .
Hikki?
.-.

Kingdom King 13

My life is complete.
I'm seriously so happy with Kingdom Hearts III right now. AND IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A RELEASE DATE YET.

All of the feels. KHIII has the old KH magic back in it...I can feel it.

THANK YOU UTADA HIKARU. *SOBS UNCONTROLLABLY*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Definitely. I really don't like Sanctuary compared to Passion because it was missing so much that Passion had. Mainly passion xD

Heartkeeper

Awards

Best news ever, a KH game without Utada is not a KH game.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

This is my favorite thread on anything ever. I don't even. What.

I mean, I was always confident she would come back. But after her mom passed away, with the way the paparazzi have been behaving (fuck them all, seriously), I thought she'd want to keep out of the news and lay low for a while. I was even more afraid that this whole series of events might have damaged her relationship with the mass media and prolong her hiatus. And yes, this is very early in development and there's no telling what might come of this news, but still. STILL.

:'D I am so happy.

Just think. We're going to get a KH3 trailer with a new Utada song behind it. We're going to get a new orchestral version of that song. MAXIMUM HYPE LEVEL ATTAINED

iLeen

Awards

I wasn't even hoping for something like this cause I thought it would never happen. But I'm so happy Utada's back on the track (pun unintended). Now there is a perfect consistency in having a new song per numbered title :D

Gram

Banned
Awards

Ha, wonder how they pulled that one off.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Ha, wonder how they pulled that one off.

Disney probably mentioned that this was the big one, and fans are eager to see her return. And maybe some Nomura comments thrown in. Teruzane and Utada probably talked it over. Pretty much.

We'll see what happens in the coming months.

This is my favorite thread on anything ever. I don't even. What.

I knew you'd be excited c:

I mean, I was always confident she would come back. But after her mom passed away, with the way the paparazzi have been behaving (fuck them all, seriously), I thought she'd want to keep out of the news and lay low for a while. I was even more afraid that this whole series of events might have damaged her relationship with the mass media and prolong her hiatus. And yes, this is very early in development and there's no telling what might come of this news, but still. STILL.

Hopefully this stays fact. And I was also worried about that, but she's been pushing forward. Maybe this could be some positive press to stick it to all of the people trying to perpetuate the slander surrounding her mother's death. Like, really? Let the woman rest and her family mourn.

But yeah! I am hoping this isn't a case of misunderstanding (idk how) and this can be a bit of something good for Utada and her father.

Just think. We're going to get a KH3 trailer with a new Utada song behind it. We're going to get a new orchestral version of that song. MAXIMUM HYPE LEVEL ATTAINED

;A; I cry thinking about it.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

She said yes!

Also, I don't really know how much the translation could've ruined the integrity of her work. It sounds great!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That yes...simple and clean

^

She said yes!

Also, I don't really know how much the translation could've ruined the integrity of her work. It sounds great!

Her father said yes. His word is pretty much as good as hers considering he is her manager, but until she says yes it isn't her specifically saying it xD

The integrity lies in the fact that the meaning changes between songs. Hikari about a person who finds their "light" in another. Simple & Clean is about two people who love each other but are having problems seeing eye to eye but push that aside to move forward.

Passion is about remembering somebody fondly from the past. Sanctuary is...it's hard to pinpoint exactly the meaning behind it in my opinion. It is about not being whole, but finding the pieces in a precious person.

Clearly a lot of the meaning is lost between the languages in order to fit the melodies. Utada felt it was a distortion of her work because she couldn't make it how it was intended to be enjoyed in another language.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Awesome! I can't wait to hear the song she writes and can't wait to hear Shimomura's version of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back