• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unmarked spoilers: Potential KH3 world list? (INCOMPLETE)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Here's a visualization of what we have so far.
kingdom_hearts_iii_disney_worlds_by_the_dark_mamba_995-dby0kyw.jpg

Monsters Inc is the only choice that has caught me off guard. It probably wouldn't have made my top 20 list in terms of predicted worlds to appear. Inc's inclusion probably eliminates the possibility of Stitch's Hawaii popping up since those would me two worlds focused on Monsters/aliens in a modernized setting. Why they would opt for Inc. over Stitch's world would be quite the puzzler.

Why are people so insistent on Hawaii appearing? Honestly, Japan doesn't care about the Lilo part of Lilo & Stitch. Why do you think they had a Stitch anime that had nothing to do with Lilo in Japan? For them, the sole appeal of Lilo & Stitch is Stitch. That's why Birth by Sleep was not in Hawaii, it stuck with Deep Space because they don't care all that much about the exploits of Lilo (and besides, Hawaii is just a regular location. Nothing special about it whatsoever).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm a bit uncertain on Agrabah. Part of me feels if it was going to appear in KH3, it would have been among the leaks from this weekend.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Why do you think they had a Stitch anime that had nothing to do with Lilo in Japan?
"Nothing to do with Lilo".

That history was still canon in the Japanese series, and Lilo was a focal point as to why Stitch found a new family to join:

[video=youtube;AGQQBleC-G8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGQQBleC-G8[/video]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pardon my ignorance, but what are we referring to with 'yesterday's leak'?

25252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252252525252

You are in the spoiler section where leakers have revealed from data taken from the game that Monsters Inc., Frozen, 100 Acre Woods, Radiant Garden, and a few other locations will be appearing in KH3.

I'm a bit uncertain on Agrabah. Part of me feels if it was going to appear in KH3, it would have been among the leaks from this weekend.

That data was clearly incomplete and it didn’t even show other worlds we know are in KH3.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
25252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252252525252

You are in the spoiler section where leakers have revealed from data taken from the game that Monsters Inc., Frozen, 100 Acre Woods, Radiant Garden, and a few other locations will be appearing in KH3.

That data was clearly incomplete and it didn’t even show other worlds we know are in KH3.
I know the list was incomplete. I was under the impression that the worlds that were uncoded in the data were worlds that were almost finished. If Agrabah were to be in KH3, I figured it would be among the worlds that was almost complete.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know the list was incomplete. I was under the impression that the worlds that were uncoded in the data were worlds that were almost finished. If Agrabah were to be in KH3, I figured it would be among the worlds that was almost complete.

Not really. We can’t assume anything from the data that was taken beyond the existence of what we saw. It doesn’t preclude the existence of any world nor does it speak to the completion point of any other world.

ImVentus

Awards
(and besides, Hawaii is just a regular location. Nothing special about it whatsoever).

Um excuse me?
(then the same follows for Agrabah, that's only one big desert)
But Hawaii is the perfect destination for experiments spreading across and causing havoc. Plus Hawaii is a beautiful tropical island I can assure you would have lovely visuals and make you feel like your in paradise. (Yes Destiny Islands exist already but still)

Each to their own but there's a certain appeal to Lilo's island Kauai.

ImVentus

Awards
Here's a visualization of what we have so far.
kingdom_hearts_iii_disney_worlds_by_the_dark_mamba_995-dby0kyw.jpg

Monsters Inc is the only choice that has caught me off guard. It probably wouldn't have made my top 20 list in terms of predicted worlds to appear. Inc's inclusion probably eliminates the possibility of Stitch's Hawaii popping up since those would me two worlds focused on Monsters/aliens in a modernized setting. Why they would opt for Inc. over Stitch's world would be quite the puzzler.

I can see they picking MI after Pixar has their first world in(Toy Story). But it's a odd decision to just abandon Stitch's story that ended at a cliffhanger without a proper closing.

Awards
I can see they picking MI after Pixar has their first world in(Toy Story). But it's a odd decision to just abandon Stitch's story that ended at a cliffhanger without a proper closing.

Yeah, it would be great for them to bring the plot from Lilo & Stich and let's all agree that the visuals would be lit

Neo_

Awards
Why would you want to visit Agrabah for the sixth time instead of somewhere new?

SomeKHFan

Awards
Yeah, it would be great for them to bring the plot from Lilo & Stich and let's all agree that the visuals would be lit

Technically, they could create a new plot for the world like they have with OC, TS, etc. Maybe something involving the Organisation wanting to do experimentations with the experiments and emblem heartless.

Heck, we might have a story involving why Stitch was at Radiant gardens. I would presume Stitch had already been at Hawaii for awhile, considering when you summon him he comes from a Hawaiian location. Maybe the world was attacked and he was searching for what attacked it.

Also, what would a Lilo & Stitch world be called. I really doubt it would Hawaii, they would give it a new name like how China is 'Land Of the Dragons'.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Why would you want to visit Agrabah for the sixth time instead of somewhere new?

King of Thieves yo, Aladdin's sexy dad and actually new and interesting locales like a Thieve's Den and a Turtle Island in the middle of the ocean with the Hand of Midas.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
Why are people so insistent on Hawaii appearing? Honestly, Japan doesn't care about the Lilo part of Lilo & Stitch. Why do you think they had a Stitch anime that had nothing to do with Lilo in Japan? For them, the sole appeal of Lilo & Stitch is Stitch. That's why Birth by Sleep was not in Hawaii, it stuck with Deep Space because they don't care all that much about the exploits of Lilo (and besides, Hawaii is just a regular location. Nothing special about it whatsoever).
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Just because they decided the "Japanese audience" would be more appealed to by making it about a Japanese girl, doesn't mean KH has to ignore Lilo as well. I really feel they could have only done Deep Space because a lot of BBS's focus was on "prequel" and "old" for the worlds. They chose the 3 oldest princesses' worlds. Then did Herc when he was young, Stitch before he met Lilo, and then Neverland to basically highlight how they really never change lol. I guess sorta same for Disney Town. They even chose Zack as the FF rep cuz he is from a prequel (on the same system lol). That honestly really bugs me though, like when any country feels the need to change it to their nationality to "appeal" to, well, their nation. For multiple reasons. So I guess I am just hoping they don't just ignore her to be honest.
[/FONT]
Also, tropical areas are pretty? I dunno, I always enjoy beach areas in games.

Last edited:
Awards

King of Thieves yo, Aladdin's sexy dad and actually new and interesting locales like a Thieve's Den and a Turtle Island in the middle of the ocean with the Hand of Midas.

Also the fact that would close the plot from the movies since King of Thieves is the final movie. And yeah, new locations and it would be an amazing oportunity to get in the freaking palace

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I fear that Square Enix shot themselves in the foot when it comes to bringing Agrabah back. If the world wasn’t used in Days and Re:coded, then maybe fans wouldn’t be completely over the world and Square might have considered it. Olympus has been in more games than Agrabah, but the complaints never really were about Olympus, just Agrabah, leading to its inclusion in 3. I’d love for King of Thieves to be in Kingdom Hearts 3, but I fear that Square would rather not touch that world at the moment.

Neo_

Awards
I fear that Square Enix shot themselves in the foot when it comes to bringing Agrabah back. If the world wasn’t used in Days and Re:coded, then maybe fans wouldn’t be completely over the world and Square might have considered it. Olympus has been in more games than Agrabah, but the complaints never really were about Olympus, just Agrabah, leading to its inclusion in 3. I’d love for King of Thieves to be in Kingdom Hearts 3, but I fear that Square would rather not touch that world at the moment.
Yeah, but in about half of its appearances Olympus was just a backdrop for battles over a full-blown world, and when they expanded it it was cool and different.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, but in about half of its appearances Olympus was just a backdrop for battles over a full-blown world, and when they expanded it it was cool and different.
Olympus was pointless in Days and BbS (It's been nearly 8 years and I'm still insulted by town near Thebes). Olympus has gotten complaints over it's over-usage in the series, but nothing near Agrabah levels of fan hate. Olympus was only innovative in KH2 with expanding its world. Days just had the coliseum again, BbS only added in a new room, and Re:coded was just going through various bug filled coliseum areas.

It'd be lovely for Agrabah to get the same love that Olympus is getting now - a fully realised and innovative world that expands on its design and accessibility. My worry here is that Square might have decided years ago to not even bother with Agrabah, all things considered - and that upsets me.

Leaferian

Awards
I'm curious. What was it that happened with Big Hero 6? I keep saying people claim Disney forced them to pick that world, but every interview I read about the subject was that Disney demanded artwork/the world be revealed before they were actually ready. Based on what I remember, Nomura said they had only just chosen the final worlds when they were told "Hey have a Big Hero 6 world art ready by E3".

That particular matter aside, I recall reading that the Toy Story world takes place between TS2 and TS3, and that Jessie (among other TS2 toys) has mysteriously disappeared. Based on that, you'd think finding and rescuing them would be a part of the story. I seem to also recall Nomura saying that on the subject of Big Hero 6 and Tangled, the team was having an easier time because the people who made those properties are still around, allowing them to make original stories for the properties without losing the soul of the classics (basically by being able to get input). That would suggest a focus on sequel/expanded world stories, rather than the simple retreads of KH1/2.

I can admit I would love to see Atlantis in KH3. It's one of my favorite older Disney films.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm curious. What was it that happened with Big Hero 6? I keep saying people claim Disney forced them to pick that world, but every interview I read about the subject was that Disney demanded artwork/the world be revealed before they were actually ready. Based on what I remember, Nomura said they had only just chosen the final worlds when they were told "Hey have a Big Hero 6 world art ready by E3".
If I'm remembering correctly, Nomura had an important meeting with Disney in June 2015 to discuss the next world they would reveal, and when. Big Hero 6 was likely chosen around this time as it was the last world chosen and Disney pushed for the world to be revealed. Because it was an urgent and sudden request, Nomura could only provide artwork and a Disney provided a video with Roy Conli. Two years on and they're still unable to show the world which gives credence to Big Hero 6 being the last world chosen, and something chosen at Disney's insistence. Tangled, Nomura confirmed, was chosen because of the development team's wishes and Yasue wanted Big Hero 6 so it might not have been Disney's doing, but I do think they pushed for it.

Edit: I just found this which ruins my headcanon, but I am stubborn and will believe Disney influenced the worlds!
What is the process like when deciding which Disney levels are going to be in the game? Does Disney often intervene to make sure you're utilizing certain properties?

Nomura: Disney sometimes does make suggestions, but the development staff has more sway over worlds and gameplay mechanics.

That particular matter aside, I recall reading that the Toy Story world takes place between TS2 and TS3, and that Jessie (among other TS2 toys) has mysteriously disappeared. Based on that, you'd think finding and rescuing them would be a part of the story. I seem to also recall Nomura saying that on the subject of Big Hero 6 and Tangled, the team was having an easier time because the people who made those properties are still around, allowing them to make original stories for the properties without losing the soul of the classics (basically by being able to get input). That would suggest a focus on sequel/expanded world stories, rather than the simple retreads of KH1/2.
Yeah, I believe Young Xehanort captured Andy, Jessie, Bullseye et al. to study how their hearts connect and how the toys grew hearts in the first place. The worlds having original stories is great, but for now Tangled seems to be following the movie plot since every time they announced another world they stressed how it had an original plot and the themes of it.

Last edited:

Leaferian

Awards
Interesting. I could see Disney trying to push strongly for a particular property. Personally, I believe it was still the KH folks' decision.

And interesting. So Tangled, unlike the other currently confirmed/revealed worlds, hasn't said anything about having a unique or new story. I wonder if they'll discuss it in any greater detail anytime soon, hmmm.

I'm most curious, though, about how varied the environments would be. I think I remember Nomura saying in an interview that he wanted these worlds to be bigger and more meaty than they had been in the past.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
"Nothing to do with Lilo".

That history was still canon in the Japanese series, and Lilo was a focal point as to why Stitch found a new family to join:

[video=youtube;AGQQBleC-G8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGQQBleC-G8[/video]

Oh, wow... I really must have missed out on that fact. Even so, I really don't see Hawaii making the cut.

Um excuse me?
(then the same follows for Agrabah, that's only one big desert)
But Hawaii is the perfect destination for experiments spreading across and causing havoc. Plus Hawaii is a beautiful tropical island I can assure you would have lovely visuals and make you feel like your in paradise. (Yes Destiny Islands exist already but still)

Each to their own but there's a certain appeal to Lilo's island Kauai.

Ever heard of Destiny Islands? That's basically Kingdom Hearts Hawaii. Plus, Agrabah is technically a fictional location. Hawaii is based on the real world location of the same name.

Because of King of Thieves. Kingdom Hearts II plot of Agrabah was clearly influenced by Return of Jafar. Kingdom Hearts has borrowed elements from the sequels. Sparky from Stitch! The Movie, and the map layout of Neverland in Birth by Sleep takes inspiration from Return to Neverland (the Peter Pan sequel).

I'd vouch to disagree solely because Jasmine is a Princess of Heart, and that The Return of Jafar has been adapted in Kingdom Hearts II. You may as well conclude Agrabah by adapting The King of Thieves. Olympus inclusion for every game is primarily because of the Final Fantasy character featured in each iteration (Cloud for Kindom Hearts, Auron for Kingdom Hearts II and Zack for Birth by Sleep). Assuming that there's three returning worlds, Agrabah seems to be the most likely candidate of a world to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back