• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unmarked spoilers: Potential KH3 world list? (INCOMPLETE)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think we all need to take a step back and realize that we’re at a point where we need a spoiler section for Kingdom Hearts 3. What a time to be alive.
That ‘a time to be alive’ feeling should have come around February. A spoiler subsection was inevitable then since the fill marketing for the game will have begun and more news and theories would be available. The leaks forced it to come out early, which is why every staff member was under prepared. Thanks to everyone for your patience!!

ImVentus

Awards
As much as I adore Wreck-it Ralph I don't see it happening..also kinda don't want it. If we only get 2 to 3 more...I would like all of them to not be 3D animation. Just for a little more visual variety. Jungle Book and Treasure Planet are the 2 most likely worlds in my head currently. So those I obviously am on board with ha. Also kind of want 1 or 2 more returning worlds honestly...

THIS
I agree that I also want to see more variety and inclusion of 2D to balance the 3D ones. It's kind of sad though to know that
Emperor's New Groove probably won't have the chance to appear. I still remember how fun it could have been to fight with Yzma. But I wouldn't mind to see Wreck It Ralph make it. However I hope for more 2D for the worlds.

saad

Nomura:[FONT=&quot] In terms of favourite movies then, I like Lion King. Something more recent would be Alice in Wonderland; it'd be kind of cool to have The White Queen appear in Kingdom Hearts.
[/FONT]

I hope it's one of the remaining yet-to-be leaked i need my live-action movie quota in KH3 T.T

Neo_

Awards
This wasn't a bad leak because it didn't leak anything beyond the obvious aside from Monsters - the wetland Tarzan tree is probably the most surprising thing. Is it somehow a reused asset from KH1 for the Rapunzel world, or did they hide Deep Jungles files within Rapunzel because it's a returning world and they feared this would happen?

As for the Disney Castle hate, it really wasn't much of a full-blown world in KHII, so much as a gateway to Timeless River; I don't think they'll ever make it a full-blown world. I agree with Sora2016, in that there's much Mickey & friends lore left to explore.

I think we all need to take a step back and realize that we’re at a point where we need a spoiler section for Kingdom Hearts 3. What a time to be alive.
We're also at a time where leakers are so unbelievably skilled that we're still debating the authenticity of the Monsters screens... take me back to 2001.

Toadflatzone.jpg

It's kind of amazing that text sold people on the authenticity of this over those unbelievable screens.

I hope it's one of the remaining yet-to-be leaked i need my live-action movie quota in KH3 T.T
I would hate this, and it would be weird to have the cartoon and live-action versions both represented in KH.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This makes me wonder, Nomura mentioned that there's "less Disney worlds", however, that may be a vague statement by him. Let me explain.

100 Acre Wood is a world. But it's not a world in the conventional sense. You have to be in Radiant Garden to access the world. Likewise, you have to be in Disney Castle to access Timeless River. You see where I'm coming at here? there may be more original worlds, but the only reason why that's the case to begin with is because some of those original worlds are the hubs for Disney worlds.

Take Wreck-It Ralph for instance. Say there was a Taito arcade in Twilight Town. You can get a Wreck-It Ralph world through Twilight Town. Or if Fantasia 2000 was to be in the game, you'd hypothetically have to go to Disney Castle/Disney Town to reach it. This list probably looks samey right now because its an early build of the game. It's easier to re-create pre-existing worlds from the franchise first.

ghostwarmen

Awards
I'm just really hoping they pull in a Princess and the Frog world. It seems very unlikely at this point, but man it would be a serious missed opportunity with its setting and villain.

It's hard to say, but I don't know if Nomura will count Pooh as a main Disney world. Maybe, in his mind, he meant there will be less explorable story driven Disney worlds than in KH2, but I may be grasping at straws. And as someone said earlier, he may not consider Pixar worlds Disney, but I doubt that.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Didn't we already see a bunch of old Disney cartoons in Timeless River? A few new additions to Disney Castle doesn't sound all that exciting.

And as I mentioned earlier, I'm not interested in Disney Town since we already have our mini game world

Timeless River was literally based on a single decade's worth of shorts. There's so much more to pull from

keyblade13

I mean it’s incomplete. So it’s pretty much confirming general knowledge so far. I think it’s missing, monsters inc, either a Star Wars/ avengers world, treasure planet, and princess and the frog. Also of course original worlds like the key blade graveyard and daybreak town as well.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I wonder how many worlds are actually finished that we haven't seen. Earlier this year Nomura did say some were pretty much finished, unannounced being further along and others that still weren't touched at the time.

Awards
Atlanta and Agrabah will probably not make a return eh?

Now that they bought fox I would LOVE to see Anastacia xD

I wonder how many worlds are actually finished that we haven't seen. Earlier this year Nomura did say some were pretty much finished, unannounced being further along and others that still weren't touched at the time.

I keep asking myself the same question and not only that... Nomura already said that we will not see as many disney worlds as we are used to so how many disney/pixar worlds to expect?

I would like at least 10

What I also wonder is that if we will get more worlds in totla than KHII

Last edited by a moderator:

ImVentus

Awards
By the time of February Nomura might probably reveal more of what he wanted added in KH3. I have a feeling that like old worlds that got scrapped, Pride Lands, Pranksters Paradise, Toy Story. Worlds that are suited, Treasure Planet & The Jungle Book should have a opened window to appear in KH3 but depending on if Nomura is more interested in newer additions from Disney no one knows what will happen to those worlds. Although I think I remember reading in a interview from D23 this year that Nomura mentioned a jungle themed something.

This makes me wonder, Nomura mentioned that there's "less Disney worlds", however, that may be a vague statement by him. Let me explain.

100 Acre Wood is a world. But it's not a world in the conventional sense. You have to be in Radiant Garden to access the world. Likewise, you have to be in Disney Castle to access Timeless River. You see where I'm coming at here? there may be more original worlds, but the only reason why that's the case to begin with is because some of those original worlds are the hubs for Disney worlds.

Take Wreck-It Ralph for instance. Say there was a Taito arcade in Twilight Town. You can get a Wreck-It Ralph world through Twilight Town. Or if Fantasia 2000 was to be in the game, you'd hypothetically have to go to Disney Castle/Disney Town to reach it. This list probably looks samey right now because its an early build of the game. It's easier to re-create pre-existing worlds from the franchise first.

You got a point there! This could very well be the case for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingsoraful

Awards
I keep asking myself the same question and not only that... Nomura already said that we will not see as many disney worlds as we are used to so how many disney/pixar worlds to expect?

I would like at least 10

What I also wonder is that if we will get more worlds in totla than KHII

Nomura specifically said we would not have as many Disney Worlds as KH 2. Which had 12 Disney Worlds.

Land of the Dragons
Beasts Castle
Olympus
Disney Castle
Timeless River
Port Royal
Atlantica
Agrabah
Halloween Town
Pride Lands
Space Paranoid
100 Acre Wood

This more or less says there will be more then KH which was 9. So 10-11 Disney Worlds is what I expect, so we'll get 3-4 more aside from the ones we already know.

I expect The Jungle Book, Wreck It Ralph, Treasure Planet and if there's room for one more I really want Robin Hood or The Great Mouse Detective. Or a returning Agrabah(Aladdin and the King of Thieves) or Port Royal to do POTC 2 and 3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I feel really hollow knowing that the worlds are based on more recent Disney movies. I like those movies but KH3 feels like it is missing something. I really hope the worlds that weren’t outsourced, the ones that weren’t included in this leak, are the Emperor’s New Groove, Atlantis, and Lilo and Stitch.

These worlds have often been asked for for Kingdom Hearts 3. The aesthetics of Emperor and Atlantis would look absolutely gorgeous in Kingdom Hearts 3, and they have overarching plot relevance too (Atlantis with the heart, Emperor with developing friendships and sacrifice). Lilo and Stitch would close out the story that started in Birth by Sleep and continued in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Discussions have occurred where people fear that the Kingdom Hearts 3 worlds so far are similar in aesthetics... Big Hero 6, Toy Story, and Monsters Inc are modernised US cities. Having the Inca Empire, underwater old fashioned city, and a small beach town with rainforest and the ocean would be refreshing against these US city environments.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I feel really hollow knowing that the worlds are based on more recent Disney movies. I like those movies but KH3 feels like it is missing something. I really hope the worlds that weren’t outsourced, the ones that weren’t included in this leak, are the Emperor’s New Groove, Atlantis, and Lilo and Stitch.

These worlds have often been asked for for Kingdom Hearts 3. The aesthetics of Emperor and Atlantis would look absolutely gorgeous in Kingdom Hearts 3, and they have overarching plot relevance too (Atlantis with the heart, Emperor with developing friendships and sacrifice). Lilo and Stitch would close out the story that started in Birth by Sleep and continued in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Discussions have occurred where people fear that the Kingdom Hearts 3 worlds so far are similar in aesthetics... Big Hero 6, Toy Story, and Monsters Inc are modernised US cities. Having the Inca Empire, underwater old fashioned city, and a small beach town with rainforest and the ocean would be refreshing against these US city environments.

I would love Emperor's New Groove and would be pleasantly surprised if it got in, but I dunno I think a few others could be more likely. Like I said previously I see Jungle Book and Treasure Planet more, which I think are still visually distinct. That being said, the one right after that for me is Lilo and Stitch. I really want them to finish what they started in BBS like you said as well. I think it has a decent chance myself?

If Treasure Planet doesn't make it then I also could super see Atlantis. I also love that movie, it would be gorgeous and a kind of replacement water world lol. But is it weird I don't see both getting in? I guess they are both niche movies from the same time period.

I guess I also have hope Monsters Inc may be more different than we may think? And Toy Story being mostly a toy store still sounds unique enough from a big city to me...but simultaneously yea its not as distinct as going from the desert to the ocean to inside a whale to a pirate ship. So no matter what I hope these last few worlds are quite distinct: jungles, oceans, space pirates, and yes even Inca empires ha.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
To be fair of the seven worlds we have so far only three are based on recent films. Monsters Inc. and Toy Story came out in 2003 and 1995 respectively.

kingsoraful

Awards
I expect at least one more returning world and I would suspect it would be either Agrabah or Port Royal. The other 2-3 will be new ones.

I'm still going with The Jungle Book, Treasure Planet, and either Princess and the Frog or Robin Hood.

Awards
I expect at least one more returning world and I would suspect it would be either Agrabah or Port Royal. The other 2-3 will be new ones.

I'm still going with The Jungle Book, Treasure Planet, and either Princess and the Frog or Robin Hood.

To be fair of the seven worlds we have so far only three are based on recent films. Monsters Inc. and Toy Story came out in 2003 and 1995 respectively.

I would love Emperor's New Groove and would be pleasantly surprised if it got in, but I dunno I think a few others could be more likely. Like I said previously I see Jungle Book and Treasure Planet more, which I think are still visually distinct. That being said, the one right after that for me is Lilo and Stitch. I really want them to finish what they started in BBS like you said as well. I think it has a decent chance myself?

If Treasure Planet doesn't make it then I also could super see Atlantis. I also love that movie, it would be gorgeous and a kind of replacement water world lol. But is it weird I don't see both getting in? I guess they are both niche movies from the same time period.

I guess I also have hope Monsters Inc may be more different than we may think? And Toy Story being mostly a toy store still sounds unique enough from a big city to me...but simultaneously yea its not as distinct as going from the desert to the ocean to inside a whale to a pirate ship. So no matter what I hope these last few worlds are quite distinct: jungles, oceans, space pirates, and yes even Inca empires ha.

Nomura specifically said we would not have as many Disney Worlds as KH 2. Which had 12 Disney Worlds.

Land of the Dragons
Beasts Castle
Olympus
Disney Castle
Timeless River
Port Royal
Atlantica
Agrabah
Halloween Town
Pride Lands
Space Paranoid
100 Acre Wood

This more or less says there will be more then KH which was 9. So 10-11 Disney Worlds is what I expect, so we'll get 3-4 more aside from the ones we already know.

I expect The Jungle Book, Wreck It Ralph, Treasure Planet and if there's room for one more I really want Robin Hood or The Great Mouse Detective. Or a returning Agrabah(Aladdin and the King of Thieves) or Port Royal to do POTC 2 and 3.

I expect them to bring back Agrabah, it would be awesome for them to close the plot with Aladdin and the King of thieves and it would be amazing

Nomura did confirmed that we will not see Pride Lands and Halloween Town again which is sad bc Pride Lands would be amazing for KHIII

I would love to see Atlanta coming back for The Little Mermaid II as well but IDK, I just hope they confirm Frozen soon

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The settings are all of a familiar territory. Monsters Inc is an American city alternate universe, Toy Story is set in a nice little suburb with houses and cars, and Big Hero 6 is set in an alternate San Fransisco. They might look different in terms of design (futuristic vs. industrial) but the underlying principal of it is it is three modern US cities. Olympus and Tangled are thankfully aesthetically different, but we have yet to see more from Tangled in order to see how different it is (I am curious about the Wetlands and the swamp we have to go through there).

I just can’t help but wonder what worlds would have actually been chosen if Disney wasn’t involved and making suggestions (eg. Big Hero 6). Fan requested worlds have made it into KH before (Hunchback) but these modern films, as much as I enjoyed the movies barring Frozen, tell me that Disney told Square Enix to include these worlds. These are also Disney properties that have sequels coming (Frozen 2, Toy Story 4), or are continuing on in a television series (Big Hero 6: The Series, Tangled: The Series, Monsters Inc will have a television series on Disney’s online streaming service) which makes KH3’s world selection feel a bit like ‘free’ advertising for upcoming and existing Disney properties.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The settings are all of a familiar territory. Monsters Inc is an American city alternate universe, Toy Story is set in a nice little suburb with houses and cars, and Big Hero 6 is set in an alternate San Fransisco. They might look different in terms of design (futuristic vs. industrial) but the underlying principal of it is it is three modern US cities. Olympus and Tangled are thankfully aesthetically different, but we have yet to see more from Tangled in order to see how different it is (I am curious about the Wetlands and the swamp we have to go through there).

I just can’t help but wonder what worlds would have actually been chosen if Disney wasn’t involved and making suggestions (eg. Big Hero 6). Fan requested worlds have made it into KH before (Hunchback) but these modern films, as much as I enjoyed the movies barring Frozen, tell me that Disney told Square Enix to include these worlds. These are also Disney properties that have sequels coming (Frozen 2, Toy Story 4), or are continuing on in a television series (Big Hero 6: The Series, Tangled: The Series, Monsters Inc will have a television series on Disney’s online streaming service) which makes KH3’s world selection feel a bit like ‘free’ advertising for upcoming and existing Disney properties.

At the same time I can kind of understand why Disney may havs requested these worlds. Since they are recent films, they could be still fresh in people's minds. The latest popular films would encourage more sales of KH3.

ImVentus

Awards

Yeah I kind of feel the same. What I don't understand is that Tangled features swamp like areas. None of those more muddy areas were present in the film. That I think would fit better with Jungle Book's swamp which will feel like a missed opportunity if it doesn't make it.

just can’t help but wonder what worlds would have actually been chosen if Disney wasn’t involved and making suggestions (eg. Big Hero 6). Fan requested worlds have made it into KH before (Hunchback) but these modern films, as much as I enjoyed the movies barring Frozen, tell me that Disney told Square Enix to include these worlds. These are also Disney properties that have sequels coming (Frozen 2, Toy Story 4), or are continuing on in a television series (Big Hero 6: The Series, Tangled: The Series, Monsters Inc will have a television series on Disney’s online streaming service) which makes KH3’s world selection feel a bit like ‘free’ advertising for upcoming and existing Disney properties.

I think that if Kingdom Hearts 3 would have released around the time of Tangled then the world list would actually look a lot more different. Instead they would most likely focus on Toy Story, & MI and probably also Incredibles yet adding deleted world ideas like Dumbo and add The Princess & The Frog would be more likely. 101 Dalmatians (for Cruella as iconic villain), The Sword In The Stone, Pocahontas, Treasure Planet, Atlantis and obviously The Jungle Book would fill the list if it had been in production around 2009-2011,2012.

Now since we're almost at the end of this decade they have a lot more recent memorable picks to choose, which is also a bad thing. KH3 needs to feel both fresh and balanced if it's going to live up to KH's greats. If there's going to be too much of a lack of classic content it's not going to be very memorable I'm afraid, but let's hope for the best.

And if Disney wouldn't have say in the worlds pick then I think more fan favourites would make it in. Like The Black Cauldron has also been quested for a long time, along with a proper Lilo & Stitch world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back