• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Twilight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeboy

Vampires are gay werewolfs rule thats why underworld rise of the lycans will rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wicked

absurdiam
^Twilight thread.

But I agree with you slightly, Werewolves do rule. But Vampire's don't suck.

rockin riku

I thought the movie was one the worst things i have ever seen in my life. Yes i have read the books and no iam not the biggest fan of them but this movie was so bad. Most people say its just becasue you don't eally like the books so you have a hated opoinion of it in the first place but still. my friend loves the book and she didn't really like the film either.

1 Bella is paler then edward for most of it
2 edward is meant to have auburn hair not what ever colour his was
3 at the start edward seemed sort of nerdy and stupid and then when he gets out of the car, he has shades on like what the hell is with that, theres no sun
4 one scene rosile looked older then carlise
5 Jaspers eyes very nearly popped outy of his head.

it was the biggest pile of crap i have ever seen in my life oh and the special effects were rubbish. Fans don't be offended but that is my oppion i think they could have made it a bit better.

LionHeart14

the special effects were crappy lol. I really, really dont know why everyones freaking out so much about Edwards hair color. It's not that far off from auburn. It's darker, but it's not horribly off color.
And the sun glasses were a fashion accesory. I know, i think it was dumb too, but they werent meant to block out sun rays.
Bella was kinda more pale than Edward.... I hope they fix that in New Moon...
HAHA! Rosalie does kinda look older than Carlisle. at times. But, whatever :p
Jasper's eyes are kinda wide because he's trying to control himself. You know, he's described as "looking like he's in pain"

C

Charlie

Vampires are gay werewolfs rule thats why underworld rise of the lycans will rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

....Lycans get butt hair.
& hopefully New Moon is good.

or whatever its called.
I'm getting tempted into reading the series for myself, so we'll see.

The effects in Twilight honestly looked like those vampire - fight sequence - effects from Buffy the Vampire Slayer in the 90's.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
The movie isn't that bad if you go into watching the movie expecting it to be more of a romance movie. If you watch the movie expecting fighting and whole bunch of vampire action then your just going to be disappointed. I found that more I see the movie the mroe I have found that I liked about the movie. Of course the special effects (Edward running and jumping) looked too weird, but overall the movie was better than most people give it.

LionHeart14

i have to admit, im a little concerned about Kristen Stewerts acting in New Moon... i mean she wasnt completely horrible in Twilight but... Bella shows some pretty freakish emotions in NM and... I really hope she does well with that. I really want this movie to be extremely emotional. because the book is ;P

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Well im back from seeing Twilight.

It wasnt as bad, it was watchable. But i honestly think that whole stalker thing is so unrealistic and i prefer may vampired killing people not driving cars and trying to fit into society.

Papou

Where to start.... Twilight is not only overrated, it's just bad. The only good things in these books are the descriptions of landscapes, and even some of those are bad. No plot, flat characters, lame vampires, horrible, horrible romance. Controlling stalker boyfriends are not romantic, no matter how HAWT they are. And the fact that Edward's beauty is referenced over one thousand times over the whole series (I made a tally as I read it) makes it even more unappealing.

Wicked

absurdiam
I'm gonna laugh when New Moon comes out because, as much as some people hate Twilight or the first movie, everyone will see it and they will have enough money to make the next movie. Isn't life a wonderous thing?

Reneeski

everyone whos like OMG TWILIGHT SUUUCKS, they all go see the movies when they come out. Honestly if you dont like something, dont waste your money on it!

I was like that with the books. I was so tired of hearing about Edward and all that crap. So I read the books to figure out what was so great about them, and finished the entire series in around 2-3 weeks.

Hated the movie though
They could have done so much better
And Edward needs to learn how to brush his hair

Emo-Tional

Edward is a pedophile...The characters are flat. No dimension at all, barely. The cliches were just too much....I mean really.

From Urban Dictionary:

Cliché #1:
The new girl in school who is awkward and clumsy and terrible at everything. How many times have we seen and read this?

Cliché #2:
The new girl falling in love with the hottest guy in school (Edward). No one saw that coming.

Cliché #3:
Despite the new girl's awkwardness and plain looks, the hottest guy in school falls in love with her. The epitome of originality, am I right? *sarcasm*

Cliché #4:
The new girl is hopelessly in love with the hottest guy in school to the point where you want to slap her because she'll do literally everything and anything the hottest guy in school will tell her to do just for him.

Cliché #5:
The vampire (who is the hottest guy in school), despite his love for the new girl, thirsts for her blood and struggles to control his bloodlust. Wow.

Cliché #6:
The vampire is a good vampire who doesn't want to hurt humans, so he feeds off of animals instead. *cough* Louis from Interview with the Vampire *cough*

Cliché #7:
The vampire thinks he's a monster and that the new girl should stay away from him if she values her life, but of course the new girl risks her life to be with him.

Cliché #8:
The new girl would rather die than not be with the vampire, which is the stupidest thing anyone on this Earth can ever say. Yes, I understand she's madly and hopelessly and stupidly in love with him, but you only get one life. She isn't even considerate of the family members she would leave behind who would mourn her death.

----

From Twilight sucks, or how to offend teenage girls. | Crimsonietta.net

Right off the bat, the book has somewhat of a monotonous, Livejournal-esque feel. Bella describes, in almost painfully mundane detail, every single thing she does. This technique is useful at times when it’s molded properly, but quite obviously Stephanie Meyer does not possess this ability. Instead, as one critic put it, she uses uncomfortable adjectives and adverbs in an attempt to make her writing elaborate. Unfortunately, most of the time it just falls flat.
"I sat at the old square oak table in one of the three unmatching chairs and examined his small kitchen, with its dark paneled walls, bright yellow cabinets, and white linoleum floor… The engine started quickly, to my relief, but loudly, roaring to life and then idling at top volume."
Yeah. No one cares about the kitchen, and I’m pretty sure we all know what an engine sounds like when it starts up - did that description really merit that much of a waste of ink? Please to be getting to the point?
"Once I got around the cafeteria, building three was easy to spot. A large black “3″ was painted on a white square on the east corner."
… are you -serious-, Ms. Meyer? Are you freaking serious? Can I interject a very blunt “no effing shit” here?

Okay, so I maybe a bit harsh, spoiled by the characteristically blunt style of the nonfiction texts I read. Some of you romance-lovers probably like to be able to envision the environment, to step into a new world, to experience the fantasies in perfect clarity, so on and so forth with your fancy fictional excuses. Even if I was to forgive Meyers’s annoying descriptions about trivial items, I must blatantly point out the fact that she spent no less than seven paragraphs letting the protagonist agonize about her new kid syndrome.. and not in any sort of literary structure either; it just kind of jumps from thought to thought, remaining only vaguely connected to the plot at hand by the repetition of the same boring cliched idea - “I’m an ivory-skinned freak who won’t fit in.”

Yes, Bella. You’re an ivory-skinned freak but somehow all the guys like you (and you shoved them all away except for Insta-Hottie Edward). You’re a major clutz but for some reason that grants you a certain kind of charm that makes girls want to “step into your shoes”. You are the world’s most sorry excuse for a reverse-psychology Mary Sue (being loved for what’s -inside- the imperfect body, cliched blah blah random gobbledygook). You meet some sparkly vampire who appears to hate you, and then all of a sudden you’re both zomg-passionately-in-love… just because you smell nice and said vampire is somehow misogynistically hot. Mmmm, yes. I can just hear the Nora Roberts fans screaming in agony.
Reading a few chapters of this book was already enough to make me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon. Cue fangirls rallying up their favourite warcry of, “But you didn’t even traverse the entire novel, you biased and unreasonably spiteful anti-vampire cynic!” Oh pardon me, are any of them capable of such vocabulary? Maybe I need to rephrase it in Bellanese: “I felt enraged. My pale not-really-albino self shook with rage. I felt anger building up. I looked around for my sexy uber-hot boytoy Edward so I could sic him on these anti-fans who hate me. And I’m not a Mary Sue. I’m a freak. I’m not perfect. I’m a little dot in a sea of three thousand. What are you talking about. The engine sounds nice today, it’s starting up nicely and roaring to life only to decrescendo at a rate of 20 Hz/s, letting the waves of sound caress the air molecules before coming to rest in my delicate ears that twitched ever so slightly at the gentle hum of the engine. And did I mention I have a sexy boytoy?”

Shoot the girl in the head, Stephanie Meyer. That’s the only one way to redeem the horrendous level of cliched purple prose you’ve shoved mercilessly into the confines of your books; I’m sure you’ll get the approval of many anti-fans as well if Bella meets her well-deserved end at the finale of Breaking Dawn.
As for the fans using the “you didn’t even read the entire book” argument against critics of the precious quartet, let me just kindly point out that if your beloved book was so brilliant, I would’ve been captivated long enough to make it through without feeling the need to resort to self-harm to restore my faith in modern literature.

Last edited:

Trag

Bronze Member
Do vampires ever get facial hair? Do they ever have to get haircuts? How long has that stubble been on edward cullens face?

Wicked

absurdiam
Edward is a pedophile...The characters are flat. No dimension at all, barely. The cliches were just too much....I mean really.

From Urban Dictionary:

Cliché #1:
The new girl in school who is awkward and clumsy and terrible at everything. How many times have we seen and read this?

Cliché #2:
The new girl falling in love with the hottest guy in school (Edward). No one saw that coming.

Cliché #3:
Despite the new girl's awkwardness and plain looks, the hottest guy in school falls in love with her. The epitome of originality, am I right? *sarcasm*

Cliché #4:
The new girl is hopelessly in love with the hottest guy in school to the point where you want to slap her because she'll do literally everything and anything the hottest guy in school will tell her to do just for him.

Cliché #5:
The vampire (who is the hottest guy in school), despite his love for the new girl, thirsts for her blood and struggles to control his bloodlust. Wow.

Cliché #6:
The vampire is a good vampire who doesn't want to hurt humans, so he feeds off of animals instead. *cough* Louis from Interview with the Vampire *cough*

Cliché #7:
The vampire thinks he's a monster and that the new girl should stay away from him if she values her life, but of course the new girl risks her life to be with him.

Cliché #8:
The new girl would rather die than not be with the vampire, which is the stupidest thing anyone on this Earth can ever say. Yes, I understand she's madly and hopelessly and stupidly in love with him, but you only get one life. She isn't even considerate of the family members she would leave behind who would mourn her death.

You missed one.

Cliche #9: The vampire (the hottest guy in the school) can't read the new girls mind and all powers are not working on her. *Ironic*

LionHeart14

the characters in the movie are really flat. i didnt really care when i first saw the movie, but now im really kinda mad that they cut out the stories of the Cullens' pasts. They kinda tell Edwards a little bit, but they completely cut out Carlisle, Esme, Emmett, and Alice. Well Emmetts is pretty vague in the book. They dedicated a whole chapter to Carlisle's past though o_O they may save that for New Moon though when he's fixing Bella's arm. but it would have made a lot more sense as to why the Cullens live off animals if they mentioned it. to be honest, i didnt even remember Alice finding out about her past until i re-read the first book.
oh yeah, they also didnt mention Jasper's "calming" ability.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com
Everyone else besides Bella and Edw. were just standing there like cardboard cut-outs. They were like Extras. Might as well just have the movie between Edw. and Bella and leave everyone else out -_- Waste of money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back